Quantcast

Photo

Which is worse: Alcohol, weed or cigarettes?

• Please log in to reply
252 replies to this topic

#1 Adina

Adina
  • 576 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 July 2010 - 06:31 PM

I personally believe that alcohol and cigarettes are much worse than weed. This isn't coming from a stoner either, because that's certainly not what I am. Many people die so many year from drunk driving, or kidney/lung issues. How many people die from weed consumption? Even before I ever thought about smoking weed, I didn't understand why cigarettes and alcohol were open to the public, and weed wasn't. It doesn't make sense. Instead of spending all that money on treating faggots who have issues due to alcohol or cigarettes, why not do something better with that money?
That's just my opinion.
Please don't flame me. -_-

So what do you think?

#2 Powerrrr

Powerrrr
  • 955 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 06:35 PM

Cigrattes. All they do is pollute the air, cause cancer and waste space. I would rather weed be legalised and tobacco be banned, since at least hemp has more uses.

#3 Puppetmaster

Puppetmaster
  • 905 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 06:40 PM

Cigrattes. All they do is pollute the air, cause cancer and waste space.

This. That pretty much covers it, but don't forget the fact that it smells (fits in with polluting the air, i suppose), causes horrendous aging and demolishes athletic performance a

#4 vin

vin
  • 314 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 06:41 PM

Supposedly, from what i've heard... alcohol is worse for you.

in a sense, all of them are bad for you in different ways however...

people are still going to do them whether legal, illegal, bad for you, good for you....

Posted Image

#5 Scot

Scot
  • ≡^ᴥ^≡

• 3935 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 July 2010 - 06:44 PM

The answer is politics. They are equally bad but weed is only illegal because you can't tax it. Any idiot can start a garden in their backyard and grow some mj but tobacco and alcohol require a much more complicated process you can't hide from the feds. Like with alcohol you need to buy the base grains which are taxed and then mill it, boil it, ferment it, filter it.. all of which is a long process using large scale machinery. Tobacco isn't going anywhere because it was the lifeblood of early colonial America and it's still a major cash crop today.

#6 Puppetmaster

Puppetmaster
  • 905 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 06:51 PM

Both alcohol and tobacco are carcinogenic. The difference here is that cigarette smoke affects more than just the user, where alcohol only affects the one who consumes it.

This is only looking at the carcinogenic parts of the two substances. There are plenty of other factors that I'm completely disregarding for this post.

#7 vin

vin
  • 314 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 06:53 PM

Spoiler

#8 Guest_jcrgirl_*

Guest_jcrgirl_*

Posted 22 July 2010 - 06:56 PM

Cigarettes are the worst because jcrboy smells like an ashtray when he tries to kiss me after a smoke... the end Posted Image

#9 Jiraiya

Jiraiya
  • 521 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 07:05 PM

Cigarettes are the worst because jcrboy smells like an ashtray when he tries to kiss me after a smoke... the end Posted Image

This^ Lol, I think cigarettes is the worst because it doesnt only affect the user but also the surrounding people and the environment. Weeds are the best when were comparing those three.

#10 neopedi2

neopedi2
  • 37 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 07:09 PM

Alcohol is a poison.

Nicotine naturally occurs in the tobacco leaf, which is what gets you addicted, but its the tars and chemicals that give you cancer much faster than usual.

Weed is said to have more carcinogens than cigs, but its likely government propaganda as cannabis sativa/indica (weed) is actually a medicine and there are scientific studies done in other rich countries like spain which indicate the exact opposite that the US gov says....... cannabis actually creates new braincells, and when THC oil is applied to anything cancerous, the cancer will die.

However since weed is usually bought on the streets from dealers... you never really know what kind, whats in it, who grew it, ect. People can become addicted to other substances if their weed is laced.

so, grow your own or find a safe dealer... and dont smoke blunts because they contain tobacco and you could end up being addicted to ciggarettes.

#11 emerkeng

emerkeng
  • 561 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 07:12 PM

Unlike alcohol and cigarettes which are potentially harmful to your health. Weed is not. Weed opens up the bronchial airways which is beneficial to people with asthma it also makes people more alert and concentrated (also used for ADHD treatment) if used in small amounts (obviously if you're smoking a gram or more at a time you're just going to be baked out of your mind though). Recent studies have shown that no one has died in an marijuana-related accident while people have died from cigarettes and alcohol. I remember when I used to smoke weed two years ago I had reliable sources of benefits of marijuana use except since I've quit for two years I don't have the sources anymore . . . damn I miss living in amsterdam. :crybaby:

#12 Casilla

Casilla
  • 114 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 July 2010 - 07:51 PM

Cigarettes are worst on the "life endangerment if used in moderation" scale.

Weed is worst on the "get yo ass in trouble with the Man" scale.

Alcohol is worst on the "all it takes is one night of too much use to seriously fuck up your life" scale in regards to DUI or if you're playing around with a loaded gun while drunk when your friends are nearby like someone I know did.

Edited by Casilla, 22 July 2010 - 07:51 PM.

#13 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 July 2010 - 08:45 PM

... cigarette smoke affects more than just the user, where alcohol only affects the one who consumes it.

Until the intoxicated person gets in a car and crashes into oncoming traffic or beats his wife in a drunken rage, you mean. 
I don't like to make excuses for such vices. They are all bad for you in excess, but since one is illegal, I'd say that's the worst.

Unlike alcohol and cigarettes which are potentially harmful to your health.  Weed is not.  Weed opens up the bronchial airways which is beneficial to people with asthma it also makes people more alert and concentrated (also used for ADHD treatment) if used in small amounts (obviously if you're smoking a gram or more at a time you're just going to be baked out of your mind though).  Recent studies have shown that no one has died in an marijuana-related accident while people have died from cigarettes and alcohol.  I remember when I used to smoke weed two years ago I had reliable sources of benefits of marijuana use except since I've quit for two years I don't have the sources anymore . . . damn I miss living in amsterdam.     :crybaby:

:rolleyes: No one has ever died in any incident where marijuana was involved? Bitch, please. 

Edited by punkrockbigmouth, 22 July 2010 - 08:58 PM.

#14 Warriors

Warriors
  • 985 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 July 2010 - 12:30 AM

Until the intoxicated person gets in a car and crashes into oncoming traffic or beats his wife in a drunken rage, you mean.
I don't like to make excuses for such vices. They are all bad for you in excess, but since one is illegal, I'd say that's the worst.

:rolleyes: No one has ever died in any incident where marijuana was involved? Bitch, please.

I guess he meant to say no one died from an overdose...

#15 emerkeng

emerkeng
  • 561 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 02:30 AM

[/quote]

Go look up grasscity if you don't believe me there are sources on that site that show statistics.

#16 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 July 2010 - 04:43 AM

I guess he meant to say no one died from an overdose...

Then he should have said that. I am not going to grasscity, because I know people have died, and people have been unintentionally killed directly as a result of someone being inebriated after marijuana use, and I don't care what some bong-site says. No one is ever going to take you seriously if you keep up with the bullshit, pathentic.

Edited by punkrockbigmouth, 23 July 2010 - 04:44 AM.

#17 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 July 2010 - 05:50 AM

I personally believe cigs.

Alcohol is worse for you, but MOST people don't do it everyday, only once in a while.

Once you start cigs, very common for people to continually do it all the time, and eventually die (and smell)

Weed I don't think most people can afford to do all the time xD And less harmful than cigarettes or alcohol per dose.

#18 MiladyM

MiladyM
  • 428 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 05:55 AM

This^ Lol, I think cigarettes is the worst because it doesnt only affect the user but also the surrounding people and the environment. Weeds are the best when were comparing those three.

Agreed, i get really pissed when people smoke around me, especially if im in a non smoking zone. They dont seem to realise what they do to the rest, and theirselves. Also another thing is the fact that they tend to toss cigarettes on the floor, eventhough theres a trashcan right beside them... whats up with that? Its trash you know :p

Alcohol is also really bad though, but smoking seems to be done way more often per day. (with exeptions ofcourse.)

#19 Jakerz

Jakerz
  • 1764 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 10:46 AM

cigarettes, then alcohol, then marijuana

#20 Puppetmaster

Puppetmaster
  • 905 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 11:34 AM

My argument was for the effects that the substances have on the body, not the actions people take while under the influence of the substances.

#21 12markkram34

12markkram34
  • 71 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 05:28 PM

Supposedly, marijuana inhibits motivation and creativity; the effects of both are not as easily measured nor as noticeable as those of tobacco and alcohol.

#22 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 July 2010 - 05:44 PM

My argument was for the effects that the substances have on the body, not the actions people take while under the influence of the substances.

And it would be a good argument if people remained inactive while drinking, or smoking, but they don't, and doing things whilst under the influence of such substances can have very unpleasant effects on their bodies.

Which is why you should always use a condom.

#23 Jake

Jake
  • 2701 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 08:47 PM

Weed gets you high.
Alcohol gets you drunk.
Cigarettes are decent for poppers, otherwise waste of MOOLAH.

#24 Volition

Volition
  • 701 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 10:41 PM

lol everytime i drink i think "dear liver, I'm sorry but you're up to bat yet again"
but imo cigarettes are bad, alcohol is just as bad, and as for weed, i wanna try it to see its effects.

#25 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 July 2010 - 09:25 AM

I think cigerettes are worse then alochol. Weed is least of all 3.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users