Quantcast

Photo

Which is worse: Alcohol, weed or cigarettes?

• Please log in to reply
252 replies to this topic

#26 fxckyouguys

fxckyouguys
  • 836 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 10:26 AM

Cigarettes rot your soul.

#27 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 July 2010 - 12:07 PM

I forgot to say weed is least because its all natural, but the stench is horrible. I wouldn't do any of the 3.

But ranked on stench from worse to least: beer, alcohol breath, weed, then cigerrets. I can stand weed smell but beer and alcohol breath >_< no.

#28 Jake

Jake
  • 2701 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 12:17 PM

Weed may smell bad to you second hand but if you have ever smoked it man, shit tastes pretty good regardless of the quality.

Some can range from the most odd flavours like bubble gum, spicy etc. but I find they all share one common taste, and it's fucking delicious.

#29 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 July 2010 - 12:23 PM

Wow no way bubble gum? I always thought it never really tasted like that. How do they give it that taste?

#30 MiladyM

MiladyM
  • 428 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 12:32 PM

Weed may smell bad to you second hand but if you have ever smoked it man, shit tastes pretty good regardless of the quality.

Some can range from the most odd flavours like bubble gum, spicy etc. but I find they all share one common taste, and it's fucking delicious.

Might be the weed talking.

#31 Jake

Jake
  • 2701 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 01:43 PM

Wow no way bubble gum? I always thought it never really tasted like that. How do they give it that taste?

No clue I don't know how to grow em but you can buy seeds for different specimens, don't know if you can find exotic flavours like that though.

#32 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 July 2010 - 04:09 PM

Sometimes it tastes like rainbows and sunshine too, right?

#33 Lychee

Lychee
  • 633 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 04:14 PM

Does not. The brownies tasted better without it.

#34 Eliam

Eliam
  • 621 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 04:18 PM

Cigarettes are probably the worst of the three. Weed and alcohol, in moderation, aren't really bad for you. Any amount of cigarette smoking is bad. That being said, weed is illegal in a lot of places, which means you really shouldn't be using it.

#35 xBlack420

xBlack420
  • 22 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 04:48 AM

If you value your memory, don't smoke too much weed. You can say goodbye to any short term memory you had :)

#36 Faval

Faval
  • 637 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 07:41 PM

Cigarettes are the worse, social smoking doesn't make much sense to me really. People drink socially all the time, it's only bad when they get intoxicated and try to do stupid things like operating any vehicle. Lastly weed is weed.

Edited by Faval, 26 July 2010 - 07:43 PM.

#37 fxckyouguys

fxckyouguys
  • 836 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 07:50 PM

Sometimes it tastes like rainbows and sunshine too, right?

Totally.
And I <3 the smell of weed.

#38 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 July 2010 - 11:28 AM

Smoking is the best thing for society since alcohol.

#39 Redemptionist

Redemptionist
  • 382 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 July 2010 - 11:31 AM

Cigarettes are bad since they are they are most lethal and account for the most deaths.

Cigarettes are bad since they are they are most lethal and account for the most deaths.

#40 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 July 2010 - 11:56 AM

Sayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwaaatttttttttttttttttttttt
http://www.who.int/m...4/en/index.html

#41 emerkeng

emerkeng
  • 561 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 01:25 PM

If you value your memory, don't smoke too much weed. You can say goodbye to any short term memory you had :)

nice you haven't done your research have you?

#42 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 July 2010 - 01:29 PM

nice you haven't done your research have you?

Oh, you really are just layering on the hypocrisy, aren't you?

#43 Puppetmaster

Puppetmaster
  • 905 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 02:14 PM

I drink. Not heavily, and not to a point of alcoholism, but the "socially acceptable" college drinking. Just remember there are some negative side effects...

Yes, this is a humorous video; it's here for a cheap laugh. But really, if you do drink, be smart about it. Assign a designated driver, have a sober friend watching over you, or just drink in moderation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ne8hOaUyGSk&feature=related

Oh, you really are just layering on the hypocrisy, aren't you?

This is just too easy for you, isn't it Sweeney? :thumbsup:

Edited by Puppetmaster, 27 July 2010 - 02:16 PM.

#44 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 July 2010 - 02:16 PM

The only one I don't do out of the three is cigarettes because it gives me no pleasure like the other two :/

Plus it's so expensive! :o

#45 Kelvee

Kelvee
  • 52 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 03:19 PM

Ranks (from 1 being the more harmful, 3 being the most docile)

1. Alcohol
2. Weed
3. Cigarettes

I'm taking more consideration into how it affects society/family household than it does to the user. I don't have personal experience, but from what I read, Cigarettes do more physical harm to the user and the surrounding people, but at least they're very well conscious using it. The also have a bigger control of themselves during their time of usage than the other two substances. Alcohol and weed reduces the consciousness of the user and makes them do "regrettable" actions towards themselves and sadly, to others as well.

#46 angeladarling

angeladarling
  • 72 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 01:10 PM

I would say Spice (you know the legal "weed") is the worse.

But since this is only about cigs, alcohol, and weed I would pick cigarettes. I smoke and I see the side effects more and more everyday. Trying to quit though.

#47 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 July 2010 - 01:35 PM

Abuse of alcohol and weed is more damaging to others than the other two. But those cases are more rare

Casual use of the three, cigarettes is definitely the most damaging. Assuming we're talking about people who are aware of the consequences and attempt to do it responsibly, cigarettes seem like the biggest waste of bodily health for little to no gain.

Abusing cigarettes can give people around you cancer, but it's easier to avoid for other people (not always possible, but easier than a family member who is constantly drunk and say, abusive)
Abusing weed can sometimes lead to harder drugs to satisfy their high, but then that's more of a property of weed than weed itself.

Not really sure how much weed leads to harder drugs though. Because I know a lot of people where weed became a major gateway drug and now they're like, on coke and heroin, but i know some who do it every so often, and it doesn't really affect their life at all.

#48 Warriors

Warriors
  • 985 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 July 2010 - 01:37 PM

All these stats dont mean anything..all there there has been no deaths related to overdose on THC there has been numerous deaths of driving while under the influence/ commiting crimes and other things. You cannot simply just state that since no one died it is the safest. You must also understand that since Marijuana is illegal its almost been non-existant in studies of the long term effects on an individual. Who knows what happens with weed..It could be just the same as alcohol. Probably not as bad as cigarettes since all the carginogens and whatnot but who knows.

#49 Warriors

Warriors
  • 985 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 July 2010 - 01:46 PM

Bog....I think thats true..People claiming marijuana is a gateway drug its like horrible advertising by the government...There is no proof that it is a gateway drug. I know tons of people that smoke weed..Some do other drugs/ Some do none...Its all personal choice. It could be said that Marijuana loosens your inhibitions and that leads to others trying new drugs but alcohol is the same way. I think its all personal choice. I mean do weed but I will never do the other stuff..The hardest I will get is either MDMA or Codeine...

#50 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 July 2010 - 02:07 PM

That totally makes sense though. I know some people who were like "oh this isn't that big a deal" when they tried it, then went on to shrooms, their rational being "it's both found in nature, and weed's not that big a deal". Some freak out after trying shrooms, but some keep going :o

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users