Photo

I am going to go insane. :/

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 Fayt

Fayt
  • 56 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 09:10 PM

Sooooo, I can't try out any programs here until I get my PC back because 'SURPRISE!' I can't use them on my Mac labtop.

This bites. And it will be 2-3 weeks until I have my Desktop back.....

I guess that will give me plenty of time to study proxy's and everything else well. -.-

#2 pabs123

pabs123
  • 498 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 09:18 PM

Sooooo, I can't try out any programs here until I get my PC back because 'SURPRISE!' I can't use them on my Mac labtop.

I guess that will give me plenty of time to study proxy's and everything else well. -.-

you can use them on your "labtop" if you run a virtual windows environment... and don't worry mac compatibility is coming soon according to SL64

#3 Fayt

Fayt
  • 56 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 09:25 PM

you can use them on your "labtop" if you run a virtual windows environment... and don't worry mac compatibility is coming soon according to SL64

Unfortunately I'm not sure how to do that. Haha. i guess I could try it though...shouldn't be too hard to google it to find out if nothing else!!

I have a question for you guys out there. And I looked on the different Proxy guides to try and find the answer but I didn't see the answer.

Okay, I know that you can should use a proxy if running AB to keep it seperated from your other account and whatnot. That part I get I think...1 it is built into AB(can't look tech since I haven't dl'ed it but saw it on a screen shot I believe), and 2 you can change your settings in your web browser I believe also( need to go look that up again to make sure on that one xD)

The thing that I'm not sure on is....

I know that in between running AB you should play games or whatnot to make your account look legit. But in doing that wouldn't your IP be different from the last time that you were on(while using AB)?? And if so wouldn't that cause a problem? I am new to Proxy's/changing IP so sorry if this is a simple answer and I just missed it in all the guides somewhere. xD

#4 Kway

Kway
  • Proud to be a Brony

• 1242 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 July 2010 - 10:01 PM

Unfortunately I'm not sure how to do that. Haha. i guess I could try it though...shouldn't be too hard to google it to find out if nothing else!!

In the Spotlight search, type in 'Boot Camp'. It will set up everything so you can install Windows (it will be dual boot so it shouldn't mess anything up).

#5 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 July 2010 - 10:06 PM

Not anymore, we're having some major issues again. :(

#6 Fayt

Fayt
  • 56 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 10:14 PM

Well that is no good. Guess I'm still going to be waiting the two weeks!! haha.

#7 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 July 2010 - 05:48 AM

that'll be a hard two weeks! :o

#8 MiladyM

MiladyM
  • 428 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 05:57 AM

goodluck :p I already have trouble waiting 1-2 days for the NP generator :whistling:

#9 Faval

Faval
  • 637 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 07:02 AM

Too bad you can't just remote into some windows based computer environment. Best of luck to ya, I had to do the same thing when my computer broke down.

#10 Fayt

Fayt
  • 56 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 08:51 AM

that'll be a hard two weeks! :o

I know right! haha.

The good news is I haven't ever used the programs before so I don't tech know what I'm missing out on...yet. :)

#11 pabs123

pabs123
  • 498 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 09:13 AM

but...but... Posted Image

note to self : don't replace laptop with macbook until SL64 works his magic...

#12 bends1

bends1
  • 61 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 11:21 AM

I feel like an expert at this because for years I've found backdoor ways to run windows programs on a mac.

If you want to do it all for free. google a program called crossover, download the 30 day trial and let me know if you want a protocol for getting it installed through that, It can be

Alternatively, you can invest in an entire windows operating system and run it through either boot camp or parallels (my favorite as it allows windows to run on a mac desktop)

The first options is what I run most of the time because there aren't issues with data moving between the different programs as much.

#13 Georgina

Georgina
  • 2216 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 July 2010 - 11:51 AM

The thing that I'm not sure on is....

I know that in between running AB you should play games or whatnot to make your account look legit. But in doing that wouldn't your IP be different from the last time that you were on(while using AB)?? And if so wouldn't that cause a problem? I am new to Proxy's/changing IP so sorry if this is a simple answer and I just missed it in all the guides somewhere. xD

Hiya :)

You might have had a quick look at my proxy guide.

Basicly you only need a proxy to keep your main safe usualy, you can use the same proxy IP adress in your abrosia, and in your internet browser to make it look legit. If you get a good proxy you could go months without having to change it, but if your using free proxies you might have to change every few days, unfortunatly its either that, or pay $ for a good one.

So if you put a note on your look up that you move arround alot, or use a public internet connection this might help, theres no rules against chaging IP adresses but it might look suspicious. But better that than loose your main im sure :)

good luck!

#14 bends1

bends1
  • 61 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 01:07 PM

Basicly you only need a proxy to keep your main safe usualy, you can use the same proxy IP adress in your abrosia, and in your internet browser to make it look legit. If you get a good proxy you could go months without having to change it, but if your using free proxies you might have to change every few days, unfortunatly its either that, or pay $ for a good one.

So if you put a note on your look up that you move arround alot, or use a public internet connection this might help, theres no rules against chaging IP adresses but it might look suspicious. But better that than loose your main im sure :)

good luck!

Coincidently, if you run your programs through parallels on a mac (vs crossover), the IP address for the virtual machine is different from the ip adress assigned to the OSX background. So theoretically, you could use this to seperate out your accounts, similar to using a proxy.

#15 Fayt

Fayt
  • 56 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 04:46 PM

good luck!

Yeah, yours was one that I'm looked at I believe. How much are the proxies that you would have to buy?? Do you still have to change those every few months??

And how do you get it back to your orig settings so that you can go back to your main account(in your browser).

Coincidently, if you run your programs through parallels on a mac (vs crossover), the IP address for the virtual machine is different from the ip adress assigned to the OSX background. So theoretically, you could use this to seperate out your accounts, similar to using a proxy.

So I could have one open through the Parallel or whatnot and the other open with my OSX and have both account's goin? I'm going to have to look into that because that might be nice. :).

Only problem with that is they said that the programs aren't working well through those programs right now I think. :/

#16 bends1

bends1
  • 61 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 06:45 PM

Yeah, yours was one that I'm looked at I believe. How much are the proxies that you would have to buy?? Do you still have to change those every few months??

And how do you get it back to your orig settings so that you can go back to your main account(in your browser).

So I could have one open through the Parallel or whatnot and the other open with my OSX and have both account's goin? I'm going to have to look into that because that might be nice. :).

Only problem with that is they said that the programs aren't working well through those programs right now I think. :/

I'm running it right now, and I've only ever run them through either of these programs, because I only have my mac book. I've made alot of np off of these so I would say it works fine.

And yes you can run one account in both windows and the mac osx background with parallels, provided you have 2 necodex accounts. Keep in mind the internet might be slower being split between the two but lower buy times might compensate.

Seriously though the programs (all of them) work perfectly through either parallels or crossover.

#17 Fayt

Fayt
  • 56 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 07:15 PM

I'm running it right now, and I've only ever run them through either of these programs, because I only have my mac book. I've made alot of np off of these so I would say it works fine.

And yes you can run one account in both windows and the mac osx background with parallels, provided you have 2 necodex accounts. Keep in mind the internet might be slower being split between the two but lower buy times might compensate.

Seriously though the programs (all of them) work perfectly through either parallels or crossover.

I don't think I would need two accounts because I would only be running it on my opther account. I dount I will do anything but NP Gen on my main.

How do you get Parallel??

*runs off to try and google*

#18 bends1

bends1
  • 61 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 07:36 PM

I don't think I would need two accounts because I would only be running it on my opther account. I dount I will do anything but NP Gen on my main.

How do you get Parallel??

*runs off to try and google*

Parallels can be downloaded online, I think it costs money, but they may have a free trial. If you're not running two iterations of the program at the same time then you're right, you shouldn't need two accounts.

#19 Fayt

Fayt
  • 56 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 07:47 PM

Found a new problem! I downloaded the trial....but now it is asking for a windows 7 activation code. :/

#20 bends1

bends1
  • 61 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 09:07 PM

Found a new problem! I downloaded the trial....but now it is asking for a windows 7 activation code. :/

Right, You need an operating system to install on it. Check out my guide in the guides section.

http://www.neocodex....01#entry1316701

#21 Fayt

Fayt
  • 56 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 09:21 PM

Right, You need an operating system to install on it. Check out my guide in the guides section.

http://www.neocodex....01#entry1316701

Thanks man :). It looks like I won't be able to do it because I don't have an activation key for XP or 7 and since I am having my comp rebuilt I won't have that one either until I get my comp back. :/

But it does help to know that I can run the program on my Mac and maybe have my PC going(bc by the looks of it I won't need to run my main on my mac since I will have to wait :/) and be okay with doing that. :)

So thanks for all your help. :).

#22 bends1

bends1
  • 61 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 09:23 PM

Thanks man :). It looks like I won't be able to do it because I don't have an activation key for XP or 7 and since I am having my comp rebuilt I won't have that one either until I get my comp back. :/

But it does help to know that I can run the program on my Mac and maybe have my PC going(bc by the looks of it I won't need to run my main on my mac since I will have to wait :/) and be okay with doing that. :)

So thanks for all your help. :).

With the crossover method you don't need a windows operating system, it's essentially free for 30 days, at which point you should have your pc back. Try that.

#23 Fayt

Fayt
  • 56 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 09:29 PM

With the crossover method you don't need a windows operating system, it's essentially free for 30 days, at which point you should have your pc back. Try that.

Yes but would it create the second IP for me?? Because that will be the handy thing for it even after I get my comp back even. It will make it so I never have to find the hassle of getting a separate IP/proxy...I'll just turn parallel on. :p

#24 bends1

bends1
  • 61 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 09:36 PM

Yes but would it create the second IP for me?? Because that will be the handy thing for it even after I get my comp back even. It will make it so I never have to find the hassle of getting a separate IP/proxy...I'll just turn parallel on. :p

No, You would still have to use a proxy if you wanted seperate ips. Parallels is handy for that :)

#25 Fayt

Fayt
  • 56 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 09:39 PM

No, You would still have to use a proxy if you wanted seperate ips. Parallels is handy for that :)

That is what I am saying. If i wait till my other comp is back then i can use my XP key and put that into parallel. THEN I can run my main on my desktop, and AB on a side on my labtop and TNT won't be any wiser. PLUS if I want to shut off AB I can and it would keep the same IP which would enable me to make my account look more legit.

THAT is going to be much to my liking. haha.

Problem is I don't know if I'm going to have money for the full version of Parallel so we will have to see when the time comes. :p

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users