Photo

Daily Doer

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
23 replies to this topic

#1 Vivan

Vivan
  • 96 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 05:38 AM

Going back to some oldschool programs that used to be everywhere, a daily doer/ alerter would be nice.

What I mean is it does dailies and records the time that it does them. Hopefully it could run as a background app like the auto-trainer, so every time you're able to do a daily (or, 2-hourly such as Wheel of Excitement), it does it, and records the results.

Dailies:
Buys 1000 stocks at 15np each [if it doesn't find any at 15np, it checks back in half an hour]
Tombola
Coltzan's Shrine
Fruit Machine
Secret Laboratory
Omelette
Jelly
Fishing (every 12 hours)
Various wheels

And more that I can't think of right now. Frankly, something that labs and does the dailies would pretty much replace my function.

Also if anyone could make a daily doer in a python script, rather than in a .exe, it could be run on a server in cron, and could auto-daily every day without even having to be run by the user.

#2 iomega

iomega
  • 1070 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 July 2010 - 05:41 AM

meh, i enjoy doing the dailies myself. they're probably the only things i actually do manually.

#3 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 July 2010 - 05:44 AM

NeoAlerts is useful for this when it comes back. :)

#4 AliceFi

AliceFi
  • 474 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 05:44 AM

i think this could be cool
i had a site on which i had to click links that took you there directly, but it is down for a while now :(
so now i dont do dailies anymore cuz it's too much trouble ^^

#5 Vivan

Vivan
  • 96 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 05:48 AM

i think this could be cool
i had a site on which i had to click links that took you there directly, but it is down for a while now :(
so now i dont do dailies anymore cuz it's too much trouble ^^

This useful Greasemonkey script makes all the daily links be on every page of Neopets that you visit, making them very easy to get to.

#6 AliceFi

AliceFi
  • 474 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 06:15 AM

This useful Greasemonkey script makes all the daily links be on every page of Neopets that you visit, making them very easy to get to.

ahhh i didnt know about this one!
i knew about scripts that when you visit the page it automatically clicks the buttons, but that's it :( (like bank interest etc)
thanks!!

#7 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 July 2010 - 06:39 AM

We're planning an auto neoalerts thing for those of you that are looking for it to be automated.

#8 Vivan

Vivan
  • 96 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 06:44 AM

I don't know what NeoAlerts is :(. It was obviously released during the time I was away from Codex.

If Codex had a server-side (Codex's server, I mean) daily doer, it could have them all done for you every day, and nobody would ever have to worry about them. We'd have to give the admins our Neopets logins unencrypted though. I don't know about everyone else, but I trust them enough to do that.

#9 AliceFi

AliceFi
  • 474 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 06:51 AM

If Codex had a server-side (Codex's server, I mean) daily doer, it could have them all done for you every day, and nobody would ever have to worry about them. We'd have to give the admins our Neopets logins unencrypted though. I don't know about everyone else, but I trust them enough to do that.

if it's a program then it's basically the same as abrosia or any other program here cuz you type your pw there too
but i dont think you need to give your pw in order to let it do this in a browser, i think you just need to be logged into neopets and it'll generate the links that need to be clicked
right?

#10 Vivan

Vivan
  • 96 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 06:56 AM

if it's a program then it's basically the same as abrosia or any other program here cuz you type your pw there too
but i dont think you need to give your pw in order to let it do this in a browser, i think you just need to be logged into neopets and it'll generate the links that need to be clicked
right?

No, that is not what I was talking about. I meant having a program running on a server which does the same thing as a daily doer running on an individual's PC, but for everyone's accounts.

Thinking about this, it's a really bad idea actually. Whilst it would be useful to have, it would also result in dozens of people doing dailies from the same IP. Basically instant icing.

However, a script that we could run on our own servers would be nice.

#11 AliceFi

AliceFi
  • 474 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 10:31 AM

No, that is not what I was talking about. I meant having a program running on a server which does the same thing as a daily doer running on an individual's PC, but for everyone's accounts.

Thinking about this, it's a really bad idea actually. Whilst it would be useful to have, it would also result in dozens of people doing dailies from the same IP. Basically instant icing.

However, a script that we could run on our own servers would be nice.

ahhh ok :)
but idd that would be same IP and i dont think anyone would want to pay for a server like that ^^

#12 iomega

iomega
  • 1070 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 July 2010 - 01:35 AM

thinking about it a little more, this would be great for a 2nd account (or third, or fourth, or fifth...) that you want to look legit.

#13 AliceFi

AliceFi
  • 474 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 03:51 AM

thinking about it a little more, this would be great for a 2nd account (or third, or fourth, or fifth...) that you want to look legit.

true, so you won't have to do it yourself anymore right? and the account still stays active

#14 Information

Information
  • 246 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 06:48 PM

I thought the opening post meant a program like the auto adopter or Abrosia... however it visits each and every daily and completes automatically for the user. Wouldn't that be a more suitable idea... for the lazy folk?

#15 Vivan

Vivan
  • 96 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 12:27 AM

I thought the opening post meant a program like the auto adopter or Abrosia... however it visits each and every daily and completes automatically for the user. Wouldn't that be a more suitable idea... for the lazy folk?

Yeah, that's the point. There used to be loads of them but they seem to have died out.

#16 AliceFi

AliceFi
  • 474 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 01:55 AM

Yeah, that's the point. There used to be loads of them but they seem to have died out.

really? i never found one, only many sites with links but now i dont know any sites anymore :( (they all died)

#17 Vivan

Vivan
  • 96 posts

Posted 31 July 2010 - 03:44 AM

really? i never found one, only many sites with links but now i dont know any sites anymore :( (they all died)

I'm talking about like 5-7 years ago, back when we all programmed in VB6 lol.

#18 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 July 2010 - 03:50 AM

They were how many people got started in programming =P A very simple way to ease yourself into a programming language.

#19 Vivan

Vivan
  • 96 posts

Posted 31 July 2010 - 04:06 AM

They were how many people got started in programming =P A very simple way to ease yourself into a programming language.

Yeah, along with avatar/ BD grabbers. Good times.

#20 AliceFi

AliceFi
  • 474 posts

Posted 31 July 2010 - 04:51 AM

I'm talking about like 5-7 years ago, back when we all programmed in VB6 lol.

lol thats a loooong time ago ^^ VB6 wtf
not to mention the site was still quite 'insecure' then, like the time when one could still cheat with the lost desert Scards ^^

#21 bellicose

bellicose
  • 24 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 07:18 PM

Ah, so this is a project in the works?

I like it. It would be a great thing for the new- to neopets-people to learn about dailies, too.

#22 mlv

mlv
  • 112 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 10:53 AM

Interesting, I thought about this sometime before. It would be great, not much profitable but it would help me doing the things I'm very tired of doing.

#23 pyelon

pyelon
  • 73 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 07:02 AM

I know this is an ancient post, but I've recently gained the need for a daily doer - i don't have as much time to play daily now so I feel i should reduce the time through dailies.... I cannot seem to find an automated one aside from a GM script that shows the dailies links (to shorten the time...).

Is there one here on neocodex that I have failed to find? :/ if not, I was wondering why there is not because to me (a non-programmer with no knowledge!) it sounds like it would be a fairly simple program to create? Basically make mini-scripts within the program to do each daily, and users can select which scripts to run? (dont know if script is the correct word!)

#24 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 September 2012 - 07:11 AM

http://www.neocodex....e__hl__ dailies

You should utilise the search function a lot better....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users