29 replies to this topic

#26 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 August 2010 - 05:57 AM

All hail the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

But when was the last time an atheist blew up a church? Abortion clinic violence and murder happen all the time. To protect innocent lives I MUST KILL!! Honestly, the only thing I can think of that people have done in the name of Atheism is try to get the words "under God" taken out of the Pledge of Allegiance, which is always entertaining.

#27 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 August 2010 - 06:52 AM

All hail the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

But when was the last time an atheist blew up a church? Abortion clinic violence and murder happen all the time. To protect innocent lives I MUST KILL!! Honestly, the only thing I can think of that people have done in the name of Atheism is try to get the words "under God" taken out of the Pledge of Allegiance, which is always entertaining.

Technically, that would be in the name of secularism, the separation of church and state :p

#28 Lychee

Lychee
  • 633 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 06:56 AM

Honestly, the only thing I can think of that people have done in the name of Atheism is try to get the words "under God" taken out of the Pledge of Allegiance, which is always entertaining.

Well, they dared to plaster "There probably isn't a god. You can stop worrying now" on buses in the UK last year, I think? Some people got riled up about that.

#29 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 August 2010 - 08:49 AM

Well, they dared to plaster "There probably isn't a god. You can stop worrying now" on buses in the UK last year, I think? Some people got riled up about that.

That was lols. And also done by the British Humanist Association, I think.

#30 Lychee

Lychee
  • 633 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 10:09 AM

That was lols. And also done by the British Humanist Association, I think.

The buses themselves weren't amusing - but the fact that people complaining wanted the Advertising Standards Agency to pretty much rule on whether there was or was not a god was.

Apparently it was created by Ariane Sherine - who edited The Athiest's Guide to Christmas - with support from Richard Dawkins and the British Humanist Association.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users