Quantcast

Photo

[Guide] Making (almost) unlimited NP legitly!

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 Vivan

Vivan
  • 96 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 03:04 AM

When you autobuy small profit items, you generally hope to make 5k or so profit per item, right? That can make good NP, but has some downsides. Firstly, you’re likely to get RS banned eventually, and more importantly, you’re likely to get iced.

I’m going to explain a legit way to make massive amounts of NP by exploiting a price discrepancy in the Negg market.

The reason that big companies make so much money is that their products cost less to make than what the consumer is willing to pay for them. Price sold at – production cost = revenue, right? This guide will explain how to make profit out of making Neggs using this basic theory.

A little bit about Neggs:
There are three types of Neggs:
1.Those which you can trade in to the Neggery and exchange them for Negg Tokens.
2.Those which you can get from the Neggery with Negg Tokens.
3.Those which are purely food items and which have nothing to do with the Neggery.

We will not be using the third type of Negg in this guide.

Here is a list of the Type 1 Neggs, the number of tokens you can get from them, their price on the Shop Wizard, their average cost per token gained, and the price you should buy at if you want to get the best NP:Token ratio.

Posted Image

This shows that the best NP:Token ratio can be gotten from Negg, Cookie Negg, Icy Negg and Purple Negg. The reason for this is that these Neggs are prizes from Key Quest, which means there is a constant supply of them.

Now, this shows the selling price of Type 2 Neggs, versus the cost of making them, and the % difference between the prices.

Posted Image

As you can see, certain Neggs actually sell for more than they cost to make. This discrepancy is how I’ve been making between 1-2m a day for weeks. The highest profit Neggs are clearly the Ferocious Negg and Snegg, but I personally prefer to make Armoured Neggs, because they are buyable, so I can put them in my shop and leave them. All of these Neggs are very ETS if you make a thread in the Battledome chat on the NeoBoards.

Simply put, to make massive amounts of NP, buy lots of cheap Type 1 Neggs (Negg, Cookie Negg, Icy Negg and Purple Negg) and then turn them into the profitable Type 2 Neggs (Ferocious Negg, Snegg, Armoured Negg etc.), and then sell them. Repeat this as much as you like to make as much NP as you like.

The limiting factor that stops you making unlimited NP out of this is that you get Wiz banned after 150-200 searches within one hour. This can be bypassed by doing it on several accounts – making seemingly unlimited NP.

Whilst this can be done manually and legitly, a program to automate it would be highly profitable. The program would need to buy Type 1 Neggs, make Type 2 Neggs, and then put them in your shop and price them (assuming you’re using Armoured Neggs, which are buyable). If you want even greater automation, you can make it then check your shop till regularly and then take out the NP and make more Neggs. If anyone does decide to make a program to do this, make sure you keep it in one of the higher levels; if it were public, the cost of Type 1 Neggs would increase, and the cost of Type 2 Neggs would decrease, and thus this would stop being profitable.

I have been doing this for a long time semi-legitly on a single account (using the GM Shop Wizard Autobuyer to buy lots at once of course) and have been making 1-2m per day on a single account. If you decide to use multiple accounts, make sure to use a proxy!

#2 5MGEDOHC

5MGEDOHC
  • 937 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 August 2010 - 03:28 AM

isnt there already a thread about this?

#3 Scot

Scot
  • ≡^ᴥ^≡

• 3935 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 August 2010 - 03:35 AM

Being a Negger is one of the last profitable honest jobs left in Neopia as long as you're willing to put in the work. I always assumed you guys make next to nothing because the profit margins are so thin. 1-2 million a day is like 300-600 A-neggs - I couldn't move that much product without a significant discount on my warez O_o

#4 Vivan

Vivan
  • 96 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 03:51 AM

Being a Negger is one of the last profitable honest jobs left in Neopia as long as you're willing to put in the work. I always assumed you guys make next to nothing because the profit margins are so thin. 1-2 million a day is like 300-600 A-neggs - I couldn't move that much product without a significant discount on my warez O_o

In terms of time for profit, if you were to buy 372 Negg Tokens per hour (this is about how many I buy), costing 595200, and made them into Ferocious Neggs and sold the Ferocious Neggs on for 690000, you make 94.8k in that hour. Of course, selling isn't always instant, so you need a lot of capital to start with in case you don't manage to sell straight away. I had like 5 different people buying my Neggs, so they sold very fast, but others might struggle to sell them. They are pretty ETS as past level 250, most battlers will use them for training.

I believe there is a thread about this already, but it's quite outdated.

Legitly, I could make 1-2m a day on a single account, but automated on several accounts (with proxies), this could be a lot. It would however cause increase in Type 1 prices and decrease in Type 2 prices if a public auto-Negger were to exist (so, if you know of one coming out, stock up on Neggs and watch them inflate ;D).

Edited by Vivan, 02 August 2010 - 03:58 AM.

#5 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 August 2010 - 04:02 AM

You could make even more profit if you AB some types of neggs from the main shops too. ;)

#6 Vivan

Vivan
  • 96 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 04:22 AM

You could make even more profit if you AB some types of neggs from the main shops too. ;)

Yeah. Here's a fun little Negg AB list I made a few years ago. I don't think they've added any recently so it should still be good:

Negg
Battle Duck Negg
Blue Negg
Candy Cane Negg
Decorative Negg
Glass Negg
Green Negg
Lemon Swirly Negg
Lime Swirly Negg
Maple Syrup Negg
Mosaic Negg
Mutated Negg
Orange Negg
Ornate Purple Negg
Purple Negg
Rainbow Negg
Rock Negg
Super Ice Negg
Sweet and Sour Negg
Yellow Negg
Valentines Negg
Cupid Negg
Chocolate Ice Cream
Scaled Negg

#7 Scot

Scot
  • ≡^ᴥ^≡

• 3935 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 August 2010 - 04:25 AM

I recently bought 4000 negg tokens in a few hours when the price dropped. The fun part was trading them in manually. <_<

#8 Vivan

Vivan
  • 96 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 04:58 AM

I recently bought 4000 negg tokens in a few hours when the price dropped. The fun part was trading them in manually. <_<

The price drops to about 1.4k on weekends.

I'm considering writing a greasemonkey auto-negg-trader if I get the time.

#9 AliceFi

AliceFi
  • 474 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 05:29 AM

umm there is already a very good thread about this, even with a neat excel-file... :S
plus it is indeed not so profitable...

#10 sLAUGHTER

sLAUGHTER
  • Dinnerbone'd

• 490 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 August 2010 - 11:17 AM

I made a throw-away negg trader...If only I knew people needed it...

#11 Ebil

Ebil
  • Banned from trading - Do not trade with this user!

• 49 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 06:36 PM

...theres sort of supposed to be a negg dealers code where you don't spread the information all around..now we all make less profit Zzz

#12 emerkeng

emerkeng
  • 561 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 01:04 AM

Is this really that profitable because looking at your charts the majority of cookie neggs icy neggs purple neggs and other neggs tend to be more than 1600 np per token even with a 50-100 neopoint can't that drastically reduce your overall profits?

#13 Redemptionist

Redemptionist
  • 382 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 August 2010 - 09:32 AM

Is this really that profitable because looking at your charts the majority of cookie neggs icy neggs purple neggs and other neggs tend to be more than 1600 np per token even with a 50-100 neopoint can't that drastically reduce your overall profits?

Well unless TNT releases some kind of negg that only costs 1k and gives like 5 tokens, the prices will not drop.

#14 wtfints

wtfints
  • 518 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 August 2010 - 07:10 PM

does it take up alot of time to buy all the negg to change for tokens?

and if you buy too much the cost is bound to right isn't it?

#15 Georgina

Georgina
  • 2216 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 August 2010 - 07:10 PM

wtfints71 stop spamming!!!!!

#16 dfoaiu

dfoaiu
  • 72 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 11:20 PM

Looks to me like the profit margins are really low and not particularly worth the time. I guess it's a better way of making np than playing flash games though.

#17 emerkeng

emerkeng
  • 561 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 11:52 PM

Looks to me like the profit margins are really low and not particularly worth the time. I guess it's a better way of making np than playing flash games though.

I tried it for a day and the profit margins really are low . . . It feels like I'm gold farming in WOW zzzzzzz . . .

#18 Information

Information
  • 246 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 03:39 PM

...theres sort of supposed to be a negg dealers code where you don't spread the information all around..now we all make less profit Zzz

Tell me about it, I use a very similar method - but go on, tell the whole damn world. ¬.¬

#19 Abrar

Abrar
  • 157 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 10:34 PM

ahaa there's better ways to earn than this :|
ABer and SS ;)
xD, but yeahh, i use to use this method before, but its not all that great

#20 Fayt

Fayt
  • 56 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 10:38 PM

I was tempted to try this for a day or two....but with the CG'ing going on in the shops I decided that it wasn't such a good idea...

#21 Eliam

Eliam
  • 621 posts

Posted 14 August 2010 - 01:23 AM

ahaa there's better ways to earn than this :|
ABer and SS ;)

The difference is that this is legitimate. Not cheating. Safe. That's a big difference, and an important one. Actually, you could do this on your main and then have your proxied alts buy the neggs as a way to transfer NP.

#22 Chombia

Chombia
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 August 2010 - 08:16 AM

I don't have the patience for this... =)

#23 neokau

neokau
  • 13 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 04:40 PM

i wonder if this works still 2010 - because the thread is from 2005 and the last activity from 2008.
does anybody know?
thank you.

#24 Eliam

Eliam
  • 621 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 07:03 PM

i wonder if this works still 2010 - because the thread is from 2005 and the last activity from 2008.
does anybody know?
thank you.

The numbers are different, but it still works.

#25 Ape

Ape
  • 18 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 04:10 AM

http://darkztar.com/...ing-the-Neggery

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users