21 replies to this topic

#1 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 August 2010 - 06:48 PM

http://www.mtv.com/n...818/story.jhtml  

In one of the starkest reminders to date of the dangers of texting while driving, the late celebrity plastic surgeon Dr. Frank Ryan was reportedly tweeting about his dog just before his car plunged off a cliff in Malibu on Monday.

The dog was ejected from the car, but survived, sustaining head, eye and paw injuries.

(The doctor's last tweet) was followed by a photo of Jill (the DOG) looking out at the Pacific Ocean with the caption, "Border collie jill surveying the view from atop the sand dune."

jillw.jpg

Jill, in happier times before the accident, looking out into the seemingly endless ocean, pondering life's biggest mysteries.

THANK GOD THE DOG'S OKAY.

The doctor's famous faces include Janice Dickenson, Hedi Montag, and Gene Simmons. All hideous, btw.

What does the Big O think about this?

ftlkhx.jpg

Don't text and drive, folks. Also: don't love your border collie too much. She may just be the death of you.

#2 Foe

Foe
  • 168 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 August 2010 - 06:53 PM

Gah i had to do this year long project about how texting/talking on your phone effects how you drive. Remember kids dont text and drive :sorry:.

Good thing the dog lived though :thumbsup:.

#3 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 August 2010 - 07:12 PM

I still text and drive :/ I text and drive better than many people driving normally >_<

Not that I'm really good, other people are just THAT bad.

(I live in community of East Indian and Asians xD)

#4 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 August 2010 - 07:56 PM

That is one incredibly silly story.
Also, Gene Simmons has cash, who cares if he looks ugly?

#5 wtfints

wtfints
  • 518 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 August 2010 - 08:49 PM

maybe he can plastic surgery himself.

#6 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 August 2010 - 08:50 PM

in his grave?

#7 Elle

Elle
  • ShadowLink64's Rebel

• 894 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 August 2010 - 11:00 PM

gah, what a dumbass <_<

#8 Elle

Elle
  • ShadowLink64's Rebel

• 894 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 August 2010 - 11:01 PM

crap, double post.

Edited by Ellusive, 18 August 2010 - 11:05 PM.

#9 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 August 2010 - 11:08 PM

Aw dang. Poor guy.
Don't they put rail gaurds that can withstand the speed limits in Malibu?

#10 Abigail

Abigail
  • 329 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 05:39 AM

my mom always said the thing you love will be the cause of your death.
guess its true in this case

#11 Faval

Faval
  • 637 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 05:43 AM

Aw dang. Poor guy.

He was probably going above that limit anyway...doing anything besides driving while driving can be a hindrance to your well being :p

Edited by Faval, 19 August 2010 - 05:43 AM.

#12 Sumgirl

Sumgirl
  • 75 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 06:29 AM

Omg. I never thought I'd see this here. My bestfriends older sister is a LVN for Dr. Frank Ryan and I was just in his office the day he died. :( I got a free chopstick and I was in the car when her sister called screaming that he had died. It was so sad... We went to his candlelight vigil in Malibu on Tuesday. :'(

#13 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 August 2010 - 07:02 AM

Posted Image

THE DOG.

Omg. I never thought I'd see this here.

We post hilarious news here all the time. But yeah, it's sad when people are really stupid and get themselves killed. :(

#14 Sumgirl

Sumgirl
  • 75 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 07:52 AM

We post hilarious news here all the time. But yeah, it's sad when people are really stupid and get themselves killed. :(

It is, because he was a good person. I felt so bad, when my friend was explaining to me his "bony pony ranch" where its only female foster children or something like that I was making jokes about it being an anorexic camp and making fun of it, and just a couple hours later when we were driving home and we found out he died I felt SOOO guilty that I said all those bad things about him. :(

#15 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 August 2010 - 08:51 AM

It is, because he was a good person. 

I don't know if he was a good person, but it is apparent he was an idiot. It would have been different if it had been an accident caused by road conditions, or swerving to avoid a collision. But this was a guy cruising around with his dog and playing with his phone when he should have been watching the road. Doesn't matter if there was a guard rail or not, it was his fault he drove off a cliff. I don't feel the need to speak highly of people just because they're dead, and I don't feel bad at all for saying mean things about him. I'm just grateful no one else was killed by his recklessness.  

#16 Sumgirl

Sumgirl
  • 75 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 11:19 AM

You nor anyone else knows whether or not he was "texting or tweeting" or whatever while hes driving. Yes he could have posted that while driving, but he might have also posted it before he started driving. You are entitled to your opinion as to what happened and you may think whatever you wish, but I have seen first hand how his death has affected people. Regardless of his status he has family and friends who will miss him very much. Not only has April lost her friend and boss (she worked for him for over 7 years) she has lost her job. I just think about the bigger picture and everything else that could have happened not just what is said in an article on the internet, because none of us were there so who knows...

Edited by Simone, 19 August 2010 - 11:20 AM.

#17 Trichomes

Trichomes
  • 🐱 💖 🍄

• 1781 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 August 2010 - 11:23 AM

Omg. I never thought I'd see this here. My bestfriends older sister is a LVN for Dr. Frank Ryan and I was just in his office the day he died. :( I got a free chopstick and I was in the car when her sister called screaming that he had died. It was so sad... We went to his candlelight vigil in Malibu on Tuesday. :'(

Wow, that's crazy.

My boss, who had been battling cancer, passed away this week. :(

#18 Sumgirl

Sumgirl
  • 75 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 11:28 AM

Wow, that's crazy.

My boss, who had been battling cancer, passed away this week. :(

I'm sorry about your boss, I can only imagine how much that must suck, especially since it was cancer :(

#19 Trichomes

Trichomes
  • 🐱 💖 🍄

• 1781 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 August 2010 - 11:35 AM

I'm sorry about your boss, I can only imagine how much that must suck, especially since it was cancer :(

Yeah, I mean, he'd been sick for a long time, so it's not like it was really a shock. He'd been in and out of the hospital for a while recently, and we knew he wouldn't be coming back to work, but I guess none of us thought he had this little time left. He was a really nice guy, gave me my first job, and has two teenage sons, so I really feel for his family. My co-workers and I are going to his wake tomorrow. It's just really...weird...

#20 Sumgirl

Sumgirl
  • 75 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 11:43 AM

Yeah, I mean, he'd been sick for a long time, so it's not like it was really a shock. He'd been in and out of the hospital for a while recently, and we knew he wouldn't be coming back to work, but I guess none of us thought he had this little time left. He was a really nice guy, gave me my first job, and has two teenage sons, so I really feel for his family. My co-workers and I are going to his wake tomorrow. It's just really...weird...

Yea I know its weird... My best friend died from Cancer when I was 13, both of my grandfathers had cancer, one of them (my favorite) died in April. So I definitely know what its like... Cancer is so strange. Its like you're hoping everything will be okay because you here all the success stories of those who "beat it" and yet you know how horrible of a disease it is. Always hoping for the best but expecting the worst. :/

#21 Trichomes

Trichomes
  • 🐱 💖 🍄

• 1781 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 August 2010 - 11:53 AM

Yea I know its weird... My best friend died from Cancer when I was 13, both of my grandfathers had cancer, one of them (my favorite) died in April. So I definitely know what its like... Cancer is so strange. Its like you're hoping everything will be okay because you here all the success stories of those who "beat it" and yet you know how horrible of a disease it is. Always hoping for the best but expecting the worst. :/

I'm sorry to hear that. :( My dad lost his mom to cancer when he was about 12.

#22 Lallard

Lallard
  • 487 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 03:13 PM

There are some roads where there's none.

Nonetheless texting while driving is just asking to get killed imo.
Despite that everyone claims to be able to "multitask" while driving, anything can happen y'know <_<.

Edited by Larralrd, 19 August 2010 - 03:13 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ruh roh, dog news

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users