Quantcast

Photo

Abortion

• Please log in to reply
563 replies to this topic

Poll: Abortion (205 member(s) have cast votes)

Should abortion be permitted?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#526 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 14 August 2012 - 11:42 AM

That is true, but it doesn't count for the hundreds of thousands of world wide miscarriages that have happened and doctor's do not know why they happened.

And again, that's why I said most cases XD
More often than not they are able to determine the cause.
But yes, you are correct, there are numerous instances where they just don't know.

#527 8143FF763271

8143FF763271
  • 468 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 11:46 AM

Just want to point out that you are both pro-choice.
So really what is this debate even about? It is completely off topic at this point.

You share the same stance on it, maybe not for the same reasons but regardless, you're fighting a losing battle right now.

I'm just proving a point... and it's that there's nothing scientific or democratic behind the pro-abortion stance.

Y'all should embrace the sole reason why we OK abortion: Unborn babies are really ugly so we don't give a shit about them. Just like we don't give a shit about roaches but give a shit about puppies. That's just how the cookie crumbles. We don't feel sympathy for them so we think it's ok to kill them/not define them as human beings/not give them rights/etc. It sounds horrible, but that's how the world is. Shit dies, and a lot of time that benefits us. It might make a nice meal, it might save our careers. It's about accepting that we give value to life and to people as we see fit, often based on pretty arbitrary shit.

This is absolute hilarity.
It's turned into a pissing contest xD

Which I won be like a lightyear.

#528 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 14 August 2012 - 11:47 AM

I'm just proving a point... and it's that there's nothing scientific or democratic behind the pro-abortion stance.

Y'all should embrace the sole reason why we OK abortion: Unborn babies are really ugly so we don't give a shit about them. Just like we don't give a shit about roaches but give a shit about puppies. That's just how the cookie crumbles. We don't feel sympathy for them so we think it's ok to kill them/not define them as human beings/not give them rights/etc. It sounds horrible, but that's how the world is. Shit dies, and a lot of time that benefits us. It might make a nice meal, it might save our careers. It's about accepting that we give value to life and to people as we see fit, often based on pretty arbitrary shit.

Posted Image

#529 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 August 2012 - 11:49 AM

Do you cry every time you ejaculate? It's the same thing right? Sperm need civil rights as well.

#530 8143FF763271

8143FF763271
  • 468 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 11:51 AM

Nobody won.

I think that anyone vaguely familiar with logic knows I won.

I don't mean to brag but if we were to submit this to consistency and coherence tests I did win this... by far. I was arguing from a logically consistent framework while the other side of the argument committed fallacy after fallacy and ended up in a tangled mess of contradictions.

Now, this is not to brag. I am just saying... my arguments are empirically verifiable.

:ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja:

#531 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Do you cry every time you ejaculate? It's the same thing right? Sperm need civil rights as well.

I think all men should preserve their semen in facilities that have the equipment to do so, keep them on ice, for future use.
Possibly to repopulate the Earth after 2012 wipes out most of us.

#532 8143FF763271

8143FF763271
  • 468 posts

I don't... because I don't feel bad for sperm.

Didn't I note this in the post you're replying to?

#533 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 14 August 2012 - 11:53 AM

I don't... because I don't feel bad for sperm.

Didn't I note this in the post you're replying to?

Can I ask why you have cleavage? This is a serious question. It's been bothering me all day.

#534 8143FF763271

8143FF763271
  • 468 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 11:54 AM

Can I ask why you have cleavage? This is a serious question. It's been bothering me all day.

I was born a girl.
:(

#535 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 14 August 2012 - 11:56 AM

I was born a girl.
:(

Why does that make you sad?
Boobs are fantastic :)

Thanks for answering.

#536 8143FF763271

8143FF763271
  • 468 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 11:59 AM

Why does that make you sad?
Boobs are fantastic :)

Thanks for answering.

just kidding
it's just my amazing vegeta line.
Posted Image

#537 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 14 August 2012 - 12:01 PM

just kidding
it's just my amazing vegeta line.
Posted Image

Vegeta is a fictional character.

#538 8143FF763271

8143FF763271
  • 468 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 12:02 PM

That explains your whining.

Im inclined to disagree with your logic here.

I'm afraid disagreeing with logic is up there with saying that 2 and 2 does not equal 4. Formal logic is infallible, a system of prepositions and their imminent conclusions that cannot be broken (if it could, it would be illogical). Therefore, until you can prove that anything I've said is illogical, your disagreement is superfluous information.

Vegeta is a fictional character.

That just makes it all the more epic.

#539 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 14 August 2012 - 12:05 PM

I'm afraid disagreeing with logic is up there with saying that 2 and 2 does not equal 4. Formal logic is infallible, a system of prepositions and their imminent conclusions that cannot be broken (if it could, it would be illogical). Therefore, until you can prove that anything I've said is illogical, your disagreement is superfluous information.

Posted Image

#540 Mishatu

Mishatu
  • 346 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 12:07 PM

But 2 + 2 = fish and 7+7= triangle...

#541 8143FF763271

8143FF763271
  • 468 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 12:08 PM

Posted Image

I submit all of my convictions to formal validity, consistency, and reliability tests so I am, logically speaking, always right.

#542 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 14 August 2012 - 12:10 PM

Your logic is flawed and the only 'proof' you have to ground anything is by linking to a site that anyone can edit.

BURNNNNNNNN!

*Grabs popcorns*

Kiwi is gunna rip him a new asshole *giggles*

#543 Mishelle

Mishelle
  • Bitch Of The Boards

• 2245 posts

Users Awards

If the unborn aren't technically human beings, why did the Unborn Victims of Violence Act (2004) come about?

http://www.nrlc.org/Unborn_Victims/

And if you check google, there are several instances where killing a pregnant woman counts as a double homicide.

I don't agree with it but i'm not going to lobby in every state to get it overturned. I feel like these laws were enacted for purely emotional reasons and they only count in certain states. In others its only considered a double homicide if the child took a breath. Outside of the womb.

Just want to point out that you are both pro-choice.
So really what is this debate even about? It is completely off topic at this point.

You share the same stance on it, maybe not for the same reasons but regardless, you're fighting a losing battle right now.

All I was trying to say is abortion isn't murder they're the ones who brought up killing babies and Black people.

#544 8143FF763271

8143FF763271
  • 468 posts

Your logic is flawed and the only 'proof' you have to ground anything is by linking to a site that anyone can edit.

Actually told the person that I linked wikipedia to to verify its sources if they felt like it. I gave the wikipedia link because it summarized all available information on the argument and gave a more balanced overview than any particular article for it or against it.

#545 8143FF763271

8143FF763271
  • 468 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 12:21 PM

You can google anything nowadays and find what you need to 'validate' your opinions. Most people will share in your bias/opinion/flawed thought process, it doesn't automatically make you right.

If you paid attention to the wiki article I linked, you'd know that it is based on a statistical negative correlation between abortion rates and violent crime rates. This statistical correlation has been questioned by suggesting and eliminating possible variables along with retesting it across different data pools. So far, it has always yielded consistent results. These are statistical and empirically verifiable facts. Not opinions.

#546 8143FF763271

8143FF763271
  • 468 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 02:14 PM

I didn't pay any attention to your links, I have this thing called a job. I posted in my break time. Sorry to disappoint. Bahahah, who am I kidding. I don't give a fuck what you have to say.
Trololol~
Posted Image

I understand your disinterest and have nothing against it.

On a personal note, however, I'd like to recommend you not to post on other's opinions when you haven't been made privy to them. It will prevent you from being seen as a moron in the future, albeit little can be done about it in the present. :)

Edited by kami12, 14 August 2012 - 02:14 PM.

#547 8143FF763271

8143FF763271
  • 468 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 02:25 PM

So says the guy who argued with another person all afternoon about something they both agree on, just being finicky with the smaller terms :rolleyes:

It's hardly me that looks like a moron here, but you can be certain you wont be around for long with the BS attitude you have with the community here. Just a heads up ;)

60 posts and you've proven yourself to be on par with Coltom and Valentine :lol2:

We had very different rationale behind our stances that were worthy of debate. You wouldn't know, as you obviously didn't read. It isn't preventing you, however, from commenting on it. Perhaps, people would be right as often as I am if they limited themselves to commenting on things they understand.

Am I being threatened by an "influential" member of the community for sincerely expressing that she looks bad when she bombards a serious debate with unfounded claims and "brony" pictures? I don't think I will lament a ban if that's the kind of blatantly infantile behaviour you have to turn a blind eye to around here.

#548 8143FF763271

8143FF763271
  • 468 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 02:40 PM

I love how you say 'infantile behavior' yet aren't you on a site that is dedicated to a children's game? :lol2:

I am sorry that you feel that being in a neopets related site means we should all act like children. I'll keep it in mind next time and assume my role.

#549 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 August 2012 - 02:40 PM

You both look stupid.

#550 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 August 2012 - 02:48 PM

I think kami is way too srs.

Yes, frankly, this IS the kind of "infantile" behavior that you will have to overlook here, and indeed on ANY forum, if you've ever been to one. This isn't even the worst of it, not even close. If you can't stand someone disagreeing with you then you won't last long here.

Calling each other morons doesn't really advance the debate much, just FYI.

Kiwi, don't even threaten to leave. I'd chase you down.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users