Quantcast

Photo

Abortion

• Please log in to reply
563 replies to this topic

Poll: Abortion (205 member(s) have cast votes)

Should abortion be permitted?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#101 netstat

netstat
  • 34 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 01:34 PM

well in my opinion abortion should be illegal because they are human beings and deserve a chance at life

You say they are human beings and deserve a chance at life. The question now becomes when does a mass of cells become considered a human being.

#102 imasramma

imasramma
  • 22 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 01:36 PM

You say they are human beings and deserve a chance at life. The question now becomes when does a mass of cells become considered a human being.

When the embryo is formed it is considered a human being it has a beating heart so it is very inhumane to abort the baby

#103 Scot

Scot
  • ≡^ᴥ^≡

• 3935 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 February 2011 - 01:37 PM

When the embryo is formed it is considered a human being it has a beating heart so it is very inhumane to abort the baby

Let me guess. The two of you skipped right to the end of page 4 and didn't bother reading anything that has been said.

#104 Tarabyte

Tarabyte
  • 230 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 01:37 PM

Just out of curiosity, do you mind telling me how old you are & if you're male or female?

#105 netstat

netstat
  • 34 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 01:38 PM

Oh, how I have waited to find a person to oppose me on the topic of abortion. :) Are you implying that once the embryo is formed, it can be considered a life?

#106 Warriors

Warriors
  • 985 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 February 2011 - 01:38 PM

Let me guess. The two of you skipped right to the end of page 4 and didn't bother reading anything that has been said.

Of course, the question is now should it surprise you?

#107 netstat

netstat
  • 34 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 01:39 PM

Wrong, provide input to the conversation or please don't respond. The topic was skirted around and vaguely addressed

#108 imasramma

imasramma
  • 22 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 01:40 PM

16 male and ive seen the traumatizing things abortion can do to people like my close friend

#109 netstat

netstat
  • 34 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 01:41 PM

16 male and ive seen the traumatizing things abortion can do to people like my close friend

Physically or mentally?

#110 California

California
  • 136 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 01:42 PM

Should abortion be permitted? Yes

why? So you don't have an innocent child suffering because 1) you don't want it 2) you can't efficiently take care of it 3) not a drain on society 4) adoption isn't the best in your location.

lmfao. Because you don't want it. -1209092384985 cool points for a lame opinion.

If you are old enough to make the decision to have unprotected sex then you SHOULD be held responsible for any life you create. In situations of rape, I believe it's the mother's choice. Otherwise, you made your choice when you didn't demand a rubber.

I hate topics like this. You can easily weed out the children from the adults.

#111 imasramma

imasramma
  • 22 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 01:43 PM

Physically or mentally?

mostly mental she is afraid of guys and just doesnt want to move on

#112 Tarabyte

Tarabyte
  • 230 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 01:44 PM

Otherwise, you made your choice when you didn't demand a rubber.

What about failed contraception?

#113 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 February 2011 - 01:46 PM

mostly mental she is afraid of guys and just doesnt want to move on

They shouldn't be having sex at all if they aren't emotionally mature enough to cope with the consequences.

#114 netstat

netstat
  • 34 posts

lmfao. Because you don't want it. -1209092384985 cool points for a lame opinion.

If you are old enough to make the decision to have unprotected sex then you SHOULD be held responsible for any life you create. In situations of rape, I believe it's the mother's choice. Otherwise, you made your choice when you didn't demand a rubber.

^ "Because you don't want it" actually has a little more to it than meets the eye. Studies have shown that the majority of the time, mothers will know whether or not they are ready for a child and that mothers who are not ready to take care of their children are more likely to produce future convicts

#115 Roxi

Roxi
  • 499 posts

Ok, it wasn't the abortion that made her afraid of guys. It was the fact that she was pregnant. And she's the one who opened her legs and let it happen right? And she's the one that got the abortion right? Ok then.

#116 imasramma

imasramma
  • 22 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 01:49 PM

I dont agree with what she did i think she should have had to face the consequences of her actions abortion was the wrong answer

#117 netstat

netstat
  • 34 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 01:50 PM

Ok, it wasn't the abortion that made her afraid of guys. It was the fact that she was pregnant. And she's the one who opened her legs and let it happen right? And she's the one that got the abortion right? Ok then.

Although I do support the choice to have an abortion it's also important to note that our society has become increasingly desensitized to it. Evidence in this thread lol. There is a very small amount of people ,who are not using secular arguments, that actually oppose abortion. Abortion is a serious thing and it is best to try to avoid it

#118 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 February 2011 - 01:50 PM

If you are old enough to make the decision to have unprotected sex then you SHOULD be held responsible for any life you create.

You know, there is the chance that the condom can break.

#119 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 February 2011 - 01:51 PM

I dont agree with what she did i think she should have had to face the consequences of her actions abortion was the wrong answer

Yeah, ruining two lives is much better than one.

#120 netstat

netstat
  • 34 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 01:52 PM

Why should anyone have to ruin their lives for such a thing as that? Would you sacrifice your future for a worm, or any other unintelligent, unconscious creature? IMO, before it starts showing signs of developing pre frontal cortex it is merely a sack of tissue that can financially ruin someone

#121 Roxi

Roxi
  • 499 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 01:53 PM

Anytime you have sexual relations with another person (of opposite sex of course) you take the risk that this will happen. How you handle it is personal choice. That choice needs to remain available.

#122 California

California
  • 136 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 01:53 PM

What about failed contraception?

Failed contraception really has nothing to do with the subject, in my opinion. Simply making the choice to have sex, in which the ACTUAL purpose is to create life, should be your way of saying "Yeah, sure.. I'm ready for a kid". The only instances that abortion should be legal is a.) if it was uncon b.) if bringing the child into the world could potentially hurt the mother or kill the baby anyway.

With how many people STRUGGLE to have children these days, it's insane not to consider adoption. People are shelling out hundreds of thousands of dollars every year to TRY to make babies / pay for legal handlings through adoption... and some people would rather pay $300 and just off it

**** FOR THE RECORD, SINCE SOME PEOPLE NEED TO ASSUME TO MAKE THEMSELVES FEEL AS IF THEY'RE ADDING A PRODUCTIVE THOUGHT, I NEVER ONCE SAID THE BIRTH MOTHER SHOULD BE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE CHILD / FORCED TO RAISE IT.

Edited by California, 25 February 2011 - 01:57 PM.

#123 imasramma

imasramma
  • 22 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 01:54 PM

Why should anyone have to ruin their lives for such a thing as that? Would you sacrifice your future for a worm, or any other unintelligent, unconscious creature? IMO, before it starts showing signs of developing pre frontal cortex it is merely a sack of tissue that can financially ruin someone

She should have had the child and put it up for adoption murdering the child is no good way to handle things

#124 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 February 2011 - 01:55 PM

Actually, that person said "the child should not have to suffer because the parent doesn't want it", not just "abortions are ok if you don't want it."
Misrepresenting someone elses opinion is a cheap and dirty tactic.

Personally, I think the morality-lite opinion that you seem to enjoy applying with a wide old tarring brush makes you appear far less of the mature individual than you suggest.

#125 netstat

netstat
  • 34 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 01:58 PM

Failed contraception really has nothing to do with the subject, in my opinion. Simply making the choice to have sex, in which the ACTUAL purpose is to create life, should be your way of saying "Yeah, sure.. I'm ready for a kid". The only instances that abortion should be legal is a.) if it was uncon b.) if bringing the child into the world could potentially hurt the mother or kill the baby anyway.

With how many people STRUGGLE to have children these days, it's insane not to consider adoption. People are shelling out hundreds of thousands of dollars every year to TRY to make babies / pay for legal handlings through adoption... and some people would rather pay $300 and just off it.

I disagree. Sex has not been used strictly for its initial purpose for thousands of years and it is common knowledge that people do it for reasons other than that. "b.) if bringing the child into the world could potentially hurt the mother..." refers to the stability of her life and economic standing (which almost always correlates with happiness to an extent) right? Although I agree people should be thinking "alright i might have a kid here", people don't do that for the same reason that many teenage kids think it absurd to ask someone they are going to have sex with to get tested for stds. If you are comfortable enough to get naked around someone, you should be able to ask for a test right?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users