Quantcast

Photo

Are YOU getting halo reach?

• Please log in to reply
95 replies to this topic

Poll: Are YOU getting halo reach?

This is a public poll. Other members will be able to see which options you chose

What edition of Halo:Reach are you getting?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 RealRacingFan

RealRacingFan
  • 109 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 03:58 PM

Are you getting Halo: Reach? If so, this is the perfect place to vote and discuss about what weapons you like, what you liked about the beta and basically anything else about the game (such as how armor lock can be a bit too cheap). Anyway, what version of Halo: Reach are you getting? Do you just want to get the normal edition, or want to get the Halo: Reach legendary edition because you are a die-hard Halo fan (like me) or just are filthy rich and regularly wipe $100 bills with your butt? Either way, post your opinion.

#2 Scot

Scot
  • ≡^ᴥ^≡

• 3935 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 August 2010 - 04:09 PM

6.5h until it finishes downloading KJBFSHFSDFKJUDBFSDBFSFSDF for me

#3 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 August 2010 - 04:14 PM

#4 Puppetmaster

Puppetmaster
  • 905 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 04:15 PM

Why is this in debate?

Also, no, I'm not. I've got enough difficulty with time-management, and with school and the swim season starting up soon, I'll have nearly no time for it.

#5 Unseen

Unseen
  • Cultist of the Unseeing Eye

• 571 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 04:22 PM

Limited edition for meeee! because I like elites more than spending money.

#6 RealRacingFan

RealRacingFan
  • 109 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 04:26 PM

Well, this is on debate because I wanted to talk about the new weapons in halo reach such as the DMR (which is badass) and the fact that this is a very nicely made game. I thought you guys would share your opinion about this game.

Limited edition for meeee! because I like elites more than spending money.

The elites are DEFINITELY gonna get more respect in this game because their shields recharge more quickly, they are taller, and they are faster. I also LOVE the way the elites assassinate the puny spartans with their energy sword.

#7 Melchoire

Melchoire
  • 5284 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 August 2010 - 06:00 PM

I'll be getting standard edition because I don't have the money for the extra shit =/ I heard you get some special armor perm with the legendary edition but what does the armor look like?

I liked the beta but I felt too many things were changed. For example:
- armor lock takes away from the competitive nature of the game. Imagine the score is 48-49 and you're about to kill someone to tie the game in the last few seconds. They turn on the armor lock and run out the clock and your team loses. Where is the fairness in that?
-invisibility is underpowered
-reticule bloom is completely new. They say it's been in all the halo games but only Halo CE had it....
-jumping seems really labored like it was call of duty or something

They weeded out a few things with the beta but I have a feeling they'll be making more changes after a few months of widespread gameplay.

Btw, who plays halo 3?

#8 Puppetmaster

Puppetmaster
  • 905 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 06:03 PM

Well, this is on debate because I wanted to talk about the new weapons in halo reach such as the DMR (which is badass) and the fact that this is a very nicely made game.

Again, so how is this debate? We have a general entertainment section for a reason :p

But on topic, quite frankly, I feel that the whole "Halo" thing has been a little drawn out. I don't think I could be bothered to legitimately play another one ;)

#9 RealRacingFan

RealRacingFan
  • 109 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 06:37 PM

I heard you get some special armor perm with the legendary edition but what does the armor look like?

I preordered halo reach legendary and this is how the armor looks like:

Posted Image

#10 Melchoire

Melchoire
  • 5284 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 August 2010 - 06:42 PM

Again, so how is this debate? We have a general entertainment section for a reason :p

But on topic, quite frankly, I feel that the whole "Halo" thing has been a little drawn out. I don't think I could be bothered to legitimately play another one ;)

It's a very difficult game you'd have a very tough time anyways.

I preordered halo reach legendary and this is how the armor looks like:

Posted Image

So now they're giving away flaming helmets? wtf? Do the flames still show up when you have camo?

#11 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 August 2010 - 07:51 PM

Im debating it. I LOVE dualing weapons and the long range on the sword. Absoultely absolutely love the energy sword. And in reach I heard they reduced the range on the sword AND worst of all you can now block it by meelee'ing with your gun. How ridiculous is that??? A sword that cuts through shields and instantly kills the person is blocked by a gun?? wtf. I loved halo 3 swords. Especially how you can parry with another sword.

#12 Hawk

Hawk
  • hawk·ish·ly

• 9688 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 August 2010 - 07:53 PM

No.

(Fucking AWESOME debate question)

#13 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 August 2010 - 07:53 PM

So for now it's a no from me. But 49% of me is saying yes. I think i might wait. People should stick with Halo 3. Only thing i like about reach is the sprinting class.

#14 RealRacingFan

RealRacingFan
  • 109 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 08:27 PM

Did you guys see the hologram from halo reach? Once u use it, it lets go of a exact copy of yourself for 10 seconds. I think this is great for evading snipers. btw....THEY'RE PUTTING BACK BLOOD GULCH IN REACH!Posted Image

#15 EzioAuditore

EzioAuditore
  • 246 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 08:34 PM

Halo CE was raw, Halo 2 had awesome multiplayer (sans cheating) Halo 3 sucked, hopefully this will be a better game than halo 3 was.

I'll but it but IDK if I'll play it online right away.

#16 Melchoire

Melchoire
  • 5284 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 September 2010 - 01:48 AM

Im debating it. I LOVE dualing weapons and the long range on the sword. Absoultely absolutely love the energy sword. And in reach I heard they reduced the range on the sword AND worst of all you can now block it by meelee'ing with your gun. How ridiculous is that??? A sword that cuts through shields and instantly kills the person is blocked by a gun?? wtf. I loved halo 3 swords. Especially how you can parry with another sword.

I thought that was pretty retarded too. These are practically light sabers. I don't mind that the range was decreased but I didn't have a problem with it before either. I think they increased the range on the needler though.

#17 Scot

Scot
  • ≡^ᴥ^≡

• 3935 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 September 2010 - 02:50 AM

Just finished the first mission on solo. The controls take some getting used to compared to halo 3 since they added a sprint button(LB) which takes the place of the change grenade button(B) which took the place of the melee button(RB) which used to be reload x_x. Driving in vehicles is better because the controls are a lot more responsive. One of the good things is you don't have to fight alone, your squad goes where you go and they don't die. To balance this the enemies are a lot tougher in terms of strategy: they'll seek higher ground to shoot at you, they'll flank you from multiple directions. So far there's 1 new enemy type: the new jackal species with better armor. Haven't gotten that far but I hope the Flood doesn't show up somehow.

HR also brought back health bars you need health packs to regenerate(bleh). The magnum from Halo 1 comes back with the scope!

#18 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 September 2010 - 02:54 AM

Just finished the first mission on solo. The controls take some getting used to compared to halo 3 since they added a sprint button(LB) which takes the place of the change grenade button(B) which took the place of the melee button(RB) which used to be reload x_x. Driving in vehicles is better because the controls are a lot more responsive. One of the good things is you don't have to fight alone, your squad goes where you go and they don't die. To balance this the enemies are a lot tougher in terms of strategy: they'll seek higher ground to shoot at you, they'll flank you from multiple directions. So far there's 1 new enemy type: the new jackal species with better armor. Haven't gotten that far but I hope the Flood doesn't show up somehow.

HR also brought back health bars you need health packs to regenerate(bleh). The magnum from Halo 1 comes back with the scope!

If you think that flood wont show up. You dont know the halo universe :p

#19 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 September 2010 - 03:09 AM

I thought that was pretty retarded too. These are practically light sabers. I don't mind that the range was decreased but I didn't have a problem with it before either. I think they increased the range on the needler though.

Do you know by how much they decreased the range?

Is there any chance of them making the melee not block it? That's taking away like 25% of its greatness.
I rarely use the needler in multiplayer but in solo that thing dominates. But multiplayer is what its all about.

So whats the reload button Scot? And everyone can sprint? I thought only scout class could sprint.

#20 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 September 2010 - 03:20 AM

Do you know by how much they decreased the range?

Is there any chance of them making the melee not block it? That's taking away like 25% of its greatness.
I rarely use the needler in multiplayer but in solo that thing dominates. But multiplayer is what its all about.

So whats the reload button Scot? And everyone can sprint? I thought only scout class could sprint.

Everyone can sprint in single player :p

#21 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 September 2010 - 03:24 AM

Oh that's cool! What about in multiplayer? Otherwise the reduction in range on the sword is pointless. Because i thought if sprint with the sword then the range is just ridiculous.

#22 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 September 2010 - 03:35 AM

Oh that's cool! What about in multiplayer? Otherwise the reduction in range on the sword is pointless. Because i thought if sprint with the sword then the range is just ridiculous.

In multiplayer you pick a class, and that class has certain advantages.

Like a bubblesheild, invulnerbility, invisibility, sprint etc. Makes the game more dynamic.

#23 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 September 2010 - 03:42 AM

So for the non sprint class is the range still decreased on the sword?

#24 RealRacingFan

RealRacingFan
  • 109 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 11:38 AM

*Ahem* Just use the "recon" control layout. It's the same exact controls of halo 3, except the grenade switch and the Armor lock, etc. are switched. It's much easier. But it's probably not gonna be as popular as recon lol.

#25 Random

Random
  • 8199 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 September 2010 - 11:47 AM

I will never use any of the stupid in-game shit that comes with legendary, but that is what I ordered.

MLG ftw.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users