Quantcast

Photo

Are YOU getting halo reach?

• Please log in to reply
95 replies to this topic

Poll: Are YOU getting halo reach?

This is a public poll. Other members will be able to see which options you chose

What edition of Halo:Reach are you getting?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#76 Scot

Scot
  • ≡^ᴥ^≡

• 3935 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 September 2010 - 02:57 AM

How the hell did you get reach early? Did anyone die in noble team in campaign?

h4x

Spoiler

#77 RealRacingFan

RealRacingFan
  • 109 posts

Posted 04 September 2010 - 03:08 AM

h4x

Spoiler

I guarentee you, if you were to record your campaign cutscenes and put them on youtube, you'd get a bunch of views. By the way, do you have a jtag? How many neopoints do you have now? I only have 70,000 now lol

#78 Melchoire

Melchoire
  • 5284 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 September 2010 - 11:26 PM

How'd you get reach already?

#79 RealRacingFan

RealRacingFan
  • 109 posts

Posted 05 September 2010 - 09:53 AM

Just write halo reach campaign spoilers on youtube. Kat dies by a beam rifle in the head, the captain dies by a suicide bombing, and Jorge also commits suicide. The captain died by a pelican.

#80 Scot

Scot
  • ≡^ᴥ^≡

• 3935 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 September 2010 - 05:53 PM

It's on most torrent sites, usenet, and warez forums.

Site rules prohibit me from linking directly to it

Here's an overview of the campaign mode.

Weapons: Most of them are just redesigned from previous games.

Humans:
Magnum: Similar to the pistol from Halo 1 with the scope.
Designated Marksman Rifle(DMR): Battle rifle from Halo 2 except it fire 1 bullet at a time instead of 3. My personal favorite weapon.
Assault Rifle: Same as always
Spartan Laser: same except there's 4 shots per 100% charge instead of 5
Grenade launcher: reminds me of the brute shot except you can control when it explodes by holding the trigger button
Shotgun: same
Rocket Launcher: same
Sniper rifle: same
Target Designator: It marks an area on the ground for aerial bombardment. Technically the strongest weapon
Combat knife: You don't really use this except for assassinating covenant in the back.

Covenant:
Focus rifle: replaces the beam rifle and instead of sniping it's a continuous beam of energy much like the sentinel beam. Still annoying as the beam rifle in the hands of skirmishers.
Concussion rifle: It's a plasma version of the brute shot
Spiker: same
Plasma Launcher: Launches up to 4 rounds of sticky plasma that has a time delay after it sticks then it explodes.
Needler: same
Needle Rifle: replaced Covenant Carbine. it works like a rifle and if you get 3 needles in it causes an additional explosion.
Plasma Pistol: same
Plasma Rifle: same
Plasma repeater: A version of the brute plasma rifle from halo 2 because it's a plasma rifle with a much higher rate of fire. It also has a vent function to quickly cool down the weapon if it overheats.
Energy Sword: same
gravity Hammer: same
Fuel Rod cannon: same

Equipment:
Jetpack: You can fly
Sprint: Short burst of speed. In my opinion, the most useful for playing legendary.
Active camo: You become cloaked as long as you don't fire a gun or move or they don't see you before you start cloaking. Worst gadget ever.
Hologram: creates a hologram of yourself anywhere you want. Diverts enemy fire.
Bubble shield: creates a bubble shield
Armor lock: gives you invincibility for a short time. Nothing can harm you. If enemies ram you they take damage and die.

Vehicles:
Falcon: replaces hornet. Missiles are replaced by machine gun. There are now 4 passenger seats with turrets.
Warthog: You get to drive a variant with a missile pod mounted on the back. No gauss cannon.
Mongoose: same
Scorpion tank: Same except there's a passenger seat next to the driver that controls the machine gun which is now separate.

Revenant: replaces the Spectre from halo 2. Has a plasma cannon like the wraith, 1 passenger seat, speed boost instead of ramming attack.
Wraith: same
ghost: same
Banshee: Plasma cannon removed? Couldn't find it.

Enemies:
There's a new variety of Jackal called the skirmisher. They generally have needle rifles or focus rifles. They can jump very high, onto rooftops or rocks in order to get a shot at you.
Overall the AI is 100x better than before. Hunters cover their face if you try to shoot the openings in their necks. Skirmishers will keep jumping around to get a good shot at you no matter where you hide. Elites are much better at dodging, they'll switch between gun and sword depending on how close you are. If you stick them, they'll try to run towards you. They also have a flanking strategy where they'll go around instead of attack you directly.
Spoiler

Gameplay spoilers past this point.

Campaign: I like how the game tries to put you in as many locations as possible.
Level 2 is in the countryside with farms and river. Level 3 is desert/mountains.
Level 4 you start out with a sniper rifle and 3x the normal amount of ammo. The level looks like a remake of Truth and Reconciliation from Halo 1.
Level 6 stands out because you go into space with a real spaceship like in Starfox. You get to dogfight covenant Banshees and Seraphs. After which you have a fight in a low gravity situation inside the Covenant carrier.
7 you help civilians get out of a city. The most notable thing is having to use jetpacks to jump from platform to platform at the end.
8 is the falcon level because it's almost completely in the sky. You have to land in 3 buildings to destroy covenant jammers. I liked the uniqueness of this level. The first building is a shopping mall type place, the 2nd is a Japanese bathhouse, 3rd is a neon nightclub. And there's more aerial dogfights too.
10 is the last real level but there's a catch. Almost every part can be skipped or played through if you really want to or you can't find the shortcut and this is done intentionally. You'll see what I mean. There's also a section that pays homage to the ending from halo 1 and 3.
There's a bonus level that has no consequence on the plot at the end but I'll leave that a mystery.

Overall rating: 9.6/10

#81 Melchoire

Melchoire
  • 5284 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 September 2010 - 05:53 PM

It's on most torrent sites, usenet, and warez forums.

Site rules prohibit me from linking directly to it

Here's an overview of the campaign mode.

Weapons: Most of them are just redesigned from previous games.

Humans:
Magnum: Similar to the pistol from Halo 1 with the scope.
Designated Marksman Rifle(DMR): Battle rifle from Halo 2 except it fire 1 bullet at a time instead of 3. My personal favorite weapon.
Assault Rifle: Same as always
Spartan Laser: same except there's 4 shots per 100% charge instead of 5
Grenade launcher: reminds me of the brute shot except you can control when it explodes by holding the trigger button
Shotgun: same
Rocket Launcher: same
Sniper rifle: same
Target Designator: It marks an area on the ground for aerial bombardment. Technically the strongest weapon
Combat knife: You don't really use this except for assassinating covenant in the back.

Covenant:
Focus rifle: replaces the beam rifle and instead of sniping it's a continuous beam of energy much like the sentinel beam. Still annoying as the beam rifle in the hands of skirmishers.
Concussion rifle: It's a plasma version of the brute shot
Spiker: same
Plasma Launcher: Launches up to 4 rounds of sticky plasma that has a time delay after it sticks then it explodes.
Needler: same
Needle Rifle: replaced Covenant Carbine. it works like a rifle and if you get 3 needles in it causes an additional explosion.
Plasma Pistol: same
Plasma Rifle: same
Plasma repeater: A version of the brute plasma rifle from halo 2 because it's a plasma rifle with a much higher rate of fire. It also has a vent function to quickly cool down the weapon if it overheats.
Energy Sword: same
gravity Hammer: same
Fuel Rod cannon: same

Equipment:
Jetpack: You can fly
Sprint: Short burst of speed. In my opinion, the most useful for playing legendary.
Active camo: You become cloaked as long as you don't fire a gun or move or they don't see you before you start cloaking. Worst gadget ever.
Hologram: creates a hologram of yourself anywhere you want. Diverts enemy fire.
Bubble shield: creates a bubble shield
Armor lock: gives you invincibility for a short time. Nothing can harm you. If enemies ram you they take damage and die.

Vehicles:
Falcon: replaces hornet. Missiles are replaced by machine gun. There are now 4 passenger seats with turrets.
Warthog: You get to drive a variant with a missile pod mounted on the back. No gauss cannon.
Mongoose: same
Scorpion tank: Same except there's a passenger seat next to the driver that controls the machine gun which is now separate.

Revenant: replaces the Spectre from halo 2. Has a plasma cannon like the wraith, 1 passenger seat, speed boost instead of ramming attack.
Wraith: same
ghost: same
Banshee: Plasma cannon removed? Couldn't find it.

Enemies:
There's a new variety of Jackal called the skirmisher. They generally have needle rifles or focus rifles. They can jump very high, onto rooftops or rocks in order to get a shot at you.
Overall the AI is 100x better than before. Hunters cover their face if you try to shoot the openings in their necks. Skirmishers will keep jumping around to get a good shot at you no matter where you hide. Elites are much better at dodging, they'll switch between gun and sword depending on how close you are. If you stick them, they'll try to run towards you. They also have a flanking strategy where they'll go around instead of attack you directly.

Spoiler

Gameplay spoilers past this point.

Campaign: I like how the game tries to put you in as many locations as possible.
Level 2 is in the countryside with farms and river. Level 3 is desert/mountains.
Level 4 you start out with a sniper rifle and 3x the normal amount of ammo. The level looks like a remake of Truth and Reconciliation from Halo 1.
Level 6 stands out because you go into space with a real spaceship like in Starfox. You get to dogfight covenant Banshees and Seraphs. After which you have a fight in a low gravity situation inside the Covenant carrier.
7 you help civilians get out of a city. The most notable thing is having to use jetpacks to jump from platform to platform at the end.
8 is the falcon level because it's almost completely in the sky. You have to land in 3 buildings to destroy covenant jammers. I liked the uniqueness of this level. The first building is a shopping mall type place, the 2nd is a Japanese bathhouse, 3rd is a neon nightclub. And there's more aerial dogfights too.
10 is the last real level but there's a catch. Almost every part can be skipped or played through if you really want to or you can't find the shortcut and this is done intentionally. You'll see what I mean. There's also a section that pays homage to the ending from halo 1 and 3.
There's a bonus level that has no consequence on the plot at the end but I'll leave that a mystery.

Overall rating: 9.6/10

Level 4 sounds really exciting, Truth and Reconciliation is one of my fav. halo campaign levels. Although I'm disappointed they decided to keep armor-lock >_<

#82 RealRacingFan

RealRacingFan
  • 109 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 11:59 AM

Level 4 sounds really exciting, Truth and Reconciliation is one of my fav. halo campaign levels. Although I'm disappointed they decided to keep armor-lock >_<

Did you really have to quote ALL of that?

#83 Melchoire

Melchoire
  • 5284 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 September 2010 - 12:21 PM

Did you really have to quote ALL of that?

That's how I roll

#84 RealRacingFan

RealRacingFan
  • 109 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 01:51 PM

That's how I roll

Ummmmm.....don't do that again...

#85 Melchoire

Melchoire
  • 5284 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 September 2010 - 02:14 PM

I wish you'd said more so I could quote it.

#86 RealRacingFan

RealRacingFan
  • 109 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 02:38 PM

I wish you'd said more so I could quote it.

lol....but I'm really serious, please don't.

#87 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 September 2010 - 02:58 PM

lol....but I'm really serious, please don't.

What, browsing on a portable device or something?

#88 iloveorange

iloveorange
  • 90 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 07:18 PM

perhaps a better question, "who's not getting halo reach,and wtf is wrong with you?" : )

#89 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 September 2010 - 07:33 PM

perhaps a better question, "who's not getting halo reach,and wtf is wrong with you?" : )

Don't own an Xbox 360 nor do I care about the game or the series.

#90 RealRacingFan

RealRacingFan
  • 109 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 07:14 PM

Today, I just got 1 perfections and a running riot in halo reach! Search up my GT in bungie.net.
Posted Image

#91 Melchoire

Melchoire
  • 5284 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 September 2010 - 08:20 PM

Today, I just got 1 perfections and a running riot in halo reach! Search up my GT in bungie.net.
Posted Image

Nice work thats quite a feat. But so far there are a lot of things on the maps that make them completely unbalanced. >_<

#92 Scot

Scot
  • ≡^ᴥ^≡

• 3935 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 September 2010 - 02:35 AM

I hate when it's 5am and the daily challenges don't reset

btw the most downloaded screenshot in Reach

>_>

http://www.bungie.ne....aspx?fid=17488

#93 Melchoire

Melchoire
  • 5284 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 September 2010 - 12:01 PM

I hate when it's 5am and the daily challenges don't reset

btw the most downloaded screenshot in Reach

>_>

http://www.bungie.ne....aspx?fid=17488

Thats what you get with a few hundred thousand male gamers.

#94 Scot

Scot
  • ≡^ᴥ^≡

• 3935 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 October 2010 - 04:28 PM

Lt. Fucking Colonel!
Posted Image

#95 Melchoire

Melchoire
  • 5284 posts

Users Awards