• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

#26 Trichomes

Trichomes
  • 🐱 💖 🍄

• 1781 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 September 2010 - 03:26 PM

Sounds like a contradiction .... "prices goes down and the usage goes up but the actual cost is the same" --- whaaat?

If it was legal to produce any drug, then the supply would skyrocket so high that it would be impossible for the addicts to be in need of even more drug, therefore the price should go down. I don't see any possible way for drug prices to remain the same after legalization, that makes no sense.

Also I believe short term there could be some problems, but long term it would be better to have full legalization of drugs.

If drugs in general were to be legalized, I think the prices would increase, rather than decrease or stay the same, because the government would tack on a bunch of taxes to discourage use, like they already have with cigarettes. On the other hand, if addictive substances were to ever become legalized for whatever reason, those people would keep buying regardless of the price, so why not keep prices high? More money for the government to waste.

However, if weed were to become legal, it would more than likely also be legal to grow, and it's not addictive, so prices would deflate.

#27 Puppetmaster

Puppetmaster
  • 905 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 03:32 PM

If drugs in general were to be legalized, I think the prices would increase, rather than decrease or stay the same, because the government would tack on a bunch of taxes to discourage use, like they already have with cigarettes. On the other hand, if addictive substances were to ever become legalized for whatever reason, those people would keep buying regardless of the price, so why not keep prices high? More money for the government to waste.

However, if weed were to become legal, it would more than likely also be legal to grow, and it's not addictive, so prices would deflate.

I really don't see that much of an issue with softer drugs like Marijuana or Salvia, but things like Crack, Meth and Heroin are kind of, you know... dangerous. My neighbor was attacked by an individual on meth at a concert a couple of years back. He was sitting in his car, and this guy without a shirt on charged him, and started wailing on the car with him in it. I saw the aftermath; it almost looked like he hit a deer; there was blood all over the car, broken windows, smashed up hood... It was a pretty scary sight. The thing that got to me there was that it was just one guy.

#28 Fatal

Fatal
  • 3625 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 September 2010 - 03:32 PM

I can't tell if you're trolling, or just retarded. Seriously? Full legalization?

Yes, this is excessively blunt, but I'm just making sure my point gets across

If you're going to debate, be mature about it. Not everyone has the same view as you. Believe it or not, many believe the same as me in full drug legalization. (P.S. I'm a Codex member since 2004, I've never intentionally trolled. This place is like home to me.)

Yes I'm serious. People are going to do the drugs they want to anyways, making it illegal just makes things sketchier (unpure drugs causing the drug you think you're taking to be even MORE dangerous, dangerous dealers, rising drug costs, legal trouble).

Also when you make drugs illegal, it makes people less likely to get help when they need it (for example if the user themselves, or even a friend is having trouble and needs police/medical, they may be too scared to call because they are on drugs or have drugs).

#29 Trichomes

Trichomes
  • 🐱 💖 🍄

• 1781 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 September 2010 - 03:35 PM

I really don't see that much of an issue with softer drugs like Marijuana or Salvia, but things like Crack, Meth and Heroin are kind of, you know... dangerous. My neighbor was attacked by an individual on meth at a concert a couple of years back. He was sitting in his car, and this guy without a shirt on charged him, and started wailing on the car with him in it. I saw the aftermath; it almost looked like he hit a deer; there was blood all over the car, broken windows, smashed up hood... It was a pretty scary sight. The thing that got to me there was that it was just one guy.

Oh, I'm not for the legalization of anything other than marijuana and psychedelics/hallucinogens. In fact, I think the whole premise of this thread is retarded, which is why it's taken me this long to reply.

And actually, salvia trips can be pretty intense too, but as far as I know it's still in some legal grey area.

Edited by Trichomes, 07 September 2010 - 03:40 PM.

#30 Warriors

Warriors
  • 985 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 September 2010 - 03:50 PM

You can't say that just because its legal or illegal the abusers would arise. There will always be addicts who cannot control their addiction. Look at Amsterdam, they have had marijuana legal for a long time but the usage of it is still frequently low over there..

Fatal: He, I believe also agrees that price will go down, but he is talking about treatment price, not the price of the actual drug. Treatment costs will skyrocket.

Oh, I'm not for the legalization of anything other than marijuana and psychedelics/hallucinogens. In fact, I think the whole premise of this thread is retarded, which is why it's taken me this long to reply.

And actually, salvia trips can be pretty intense too, but as far as I know it's still in some legal grey area.

Salvia, for now, is actually legal to buy in the U.S. I believe Flordia, or something like that is trying to ban it but so far its legal to buy at smokeshops..But it seems stupid. 20 bucks for a hit that lasts only 10-15 minutes. And retarded people looking more retarded flailing around talking about God.. Horrible pricing...

#31 Puppetmaster

Puppetmaster
  • 905 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 03:59 PM

As for my maturity... well, this *is* posted in chit-chat; if it gets moved to debate, I'll think my arguments through a little more thoroughly ;)

Salvia, for now, is actually legal to buy in the U.S. I believe Flordia, or something like that is trying to ban it but so far its legal to buy at smokeshops..But it seems stupid. 20 bucks for a hit that lasts only 10-15 minutes. And retarded people looking more retarded flailing around talking about God.. Horrible pricing...

It actually varies by state. I can't be bothered to look it up right now, but some places have it banned, some don't. I really don't see what the huge deal is; it's really not like people under the influence of salvia can really *do* anything :p

#32 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 September 2010 - 12:23 PM

Sounds like a contradiction .... "prices goes down and the usage goes up but the actual cost is the same" --- whaaat?

If it was legal to produce any drug, then the supply would skyrocket so high that it would be impossible for the addicts to be in need of even more drug, therefore the price should go down. I don't see any possible way for drug prices to remain the same after legalization, that makes no sense.

Also I believe short term there could be some problems, but long term it would be better to have full legalization of drugs.

Cost of cocaine illegalised - £50 a gram

Junkie uses once a day - £350 a week habit

Cost of cocaine legalised - £10 a gram

Junkie uses five times a day - £350

#33 flashraven

flashraven
  • 552 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 September 2010 - 09:50 AM

Restrict those which are often/potential targets of drug abuse.

#34 Milodar

Milodar
  • 156 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 02:13 PM

I don't see the problem with people doing whatever the hell they want within the sanctity of their own homes, as long as it doesn't endanger the safety of another. I'm not going to say all drugs should be legal, but I don't think it'd be that bad of a thing if they were. Ban public use, ban driving under the influence, slap age restrictions on those bad boys and ship em out to industries all over the country. Profit, profit, profit. Money saved from not having a "war on drugs", money saved from not housing "criminals" who are rotting in prison because they're recreational users of marijuana.

Maybe a good idea, maybe not. One thing I can definitely say: Regardless of tobacco and alcohol's legality, marijuana should be legal. Those two substances being legal only increases the reasoning behind it.

#35 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 September 2010 - 05:42 AM

Maybe a good idea, maybe not. One thing I can definitely say: Regardless of tobacco and alcohol's legality, marijuana should be legal. Those two substances being legal only increases the reasoning behind it.

No it doesn't, it actually harms the reasoning. The legality and ease of purchasing tobacco and alcohol has a deeply disturbing affects on economics and society.

#36 Roxi

Roxi
  • 499 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 08:16 PM

Personally, marijuana might as well be legalized. People use it for medical purposes and everything all the time anyway. That's the only drug I feel should be legal.

#37 Chuck

Chuck
  • 22 posts

Posted 18 September 2010 - 01:06 PM

Full legalization would be great. I'm not a user or anything... but I feel an individual is entitled to do with their body as they please as long as they don't interfere with another person's natural rights. Don't make shooting up heroin a crime, make it so that the law punishes you for any legitimate crime you commit while under the influence. If you shoot up heroin every day and sit on your couch not harming anyone, then I really don't see what the problem is.

#38 Roxi

Roxi
  • 499 posts

Posted 18 September 2010 - 03:20 PM

My problem with that is, like alcohol, there would be more drug-related accidents. Legalization would urge people to drive while high and feel as if they can do as they wish in public, which would only end in disaster for non-users like me.

#39 iloveorange

iloveorange
  • 90 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 06:23 PM

It just came to my attention that if weed were legal, many people would surely use it along with alcohol. This is very dangerous. Normally when you drink too much, or get alcohol poisoning, you throw up. if you smoked weed along with drinking, there is a much higher chance you wouldn't throw up. When you get alcohol poisoning, and don't feel too sick because of the calming weed, good luck living. : )

#40 Trichomes

Trichomes
  • 🐱 💖 🍄

• 1781 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 October 2010 - 08:02 AM

It just came to my attention that if weed were legal, many people would surely use it along with alcohol. This is very dangerous. Normally when you drink too much, or get alcohol poisoning, you throw up. if you smoked weed along with drinking, there is a much higher chance you wouldn't throw up. When you get alcohol poisoning, and don't feel too sick because of the calming weed, good luck living. : )

I smoke while drinking probably about 80% of the time, and it's never prevented me from throwing up if I drink too much. I've noticed weed will help settle my stomach after I've already vomited, or the morning after, to help alleviate hangover symptoms, but weed is not an end-all to nausea, and will not physically prevent you from vomiting if your body needs to expel something. In fact, a lot of people who mix alcohol with marijuana actually claim it makes them more sick.

#41 Mishelle

Mishelle
  • Bitch Of The Boards

• 2245 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 October 2010 - 09:06 AM

I think that all drugs should be legal.

Drugs are a part of our culture, they always have been. People aren't going to stop taking drugs unless you put a wall up around the country and don't let anything come in or go out. And even then people will find ways to get high (i.e. choking themselves, inhalants, etc) so in my opinion it's better to have it legal and regulate it, than to have it be illegal and unregulated. If someone wants to buy drugs, they should be able to go to a place and get full information on the drugs and side effects. Like if they get a drug from their friend they'll most likely hear something like "hey I got this new shit it gets you sooo fucked up it's amazing" but from a store it should be something like "Yes you can get this, but the side effects include (insert long list here) now that'll be $50."

It'll take money away from the underground drug cartels that run on crime, violence, intimidation, sexual slavery, and put it into the hands of the government, and the taxes can go toward rehab facilities, public healthcare, and other things. Like I understand in a perfect world, no one does heroin, but there are people who are willing to indulge in risky behavior and take hard drugs. At least if they overdose they wouldn't have the problem of their friends being too scared to take them to a hospital, and just letting them die.

#42 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 October 2010 - 05:06 AM

I think that all drugs should be legal.

Drugs are a part of our culture, they always have been. People aren't going to stop taking drugs unless you put a wall up around the country and don't let anything come in or go out. And even then people will find ways to get high (i.e. choking themselves, inhalants, etc) so in my opinion it's better to have it legal and regulate it, than to have it be illegal and unregulated. If someone wants to buy drugs, they should be able to go to a place and get full information on the drugs and side effects. Like if they get a drug from their friend they'll most likely hear something like "hey I got this new shit it gets you sooo fucked up it's amazing" but from a store it should be something like "Yes you can get this, but the side effects include (insert long list here) now that'll be $50."

It'll take money away from the underground drug cartels that run on crime, violence, intimidation, sexual slavery, and put it into the hands of the government, and the taxes can go toward rehab facilities, public healthcare, and other things. Like I understand in a perfect world, no one does heroin, but there are people who are willing to indulge in risky behavior and take hard drugs. At least if they overdose they wouldn't have the problem of their friends being too scared to take them to a hospital, and just letting them die.

When you've seen the effects of crack cocaine on a 15 year old girl, then we can talk. You obviously have no experience with drugs.

#43 MsRose

MsRose
  • 664 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 October 2010 - 05:38 AM

The other day when I was tediously stocking selves I was thinking about the exact same thing with the drug cartels. At first I thought "if we really want to fight crime, wouldn't it make sense to make it legal. That way criminals wouldn't have business anymore because actual stores would take their place.", but then I thought about the fact that almost everywhere else in the world it would still be illegal. There are some drugs that can't be grown in the U.S because of the climate, and thus if people wanted those drugs they would have to get them from countries where that drug was still illegal. Even if half the world was legal and half wasn't, how would we know what was grown where? Capitalism is brutal, and I'm sure businesses wouldn't turn away coke at a cheaper price just because they were produced by a country that doesn't prohibit it. What if making it legal increases the demand for it? Then you might only be fueling crime instead of solving it.

I think keeping it (anything but weed) illegal might be a good thing. For example, if I wanted to do blow right now, I would have no idea where to get it. You need to have connections, go out of your way (most drug dealers don't deliver) and pay out the ass for it. However, if it was legal, I could have just picked up some from the store on my way home from work.

It's all pretty hypothetical though. We may never know.

#44 SmokingKush

SmokingKush
  • 231 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 06:21 AM

If you think drug prices would go up after legalization, think again. Ever wonder why weed costs so much more in the states than in Canada? It's mostly related to the government's draconian stance on drugs.

Drug dealing is a business. When you work in an illicit market you need to protect your business yourself since the police can't help you. That's why there's violence and firearms in the mix of drug running. The fact that people have to risk their life directly increases the price.

Quality and supply of weed would likely go up ten folds if it's legalized since companies will be able to invest millions in high tech equipment instead of some guy who finished in 12rd grade growing that shit in a field or at home constantly paranoid. Prices would go down dramatically also since weed is so easy to grow.

At the end of the day, your body belongs to yourself or it doesn't. If it does, you should have the right to do anything you want to it as long as there's no other unwilling participant.

It seems useless and too much to legalize drugs like Benzos/opiates/pcp which are mostly more trouble than anything but the illegality of a substance doesn't mean people won't try it. We all know that with the current climate. So you might as well make them legal but explain to people how they work and why they're dangerous.

#45 sonic

sonic
  • 3452 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 07:31 AM

When you've seen the effects of crack cocaine on a 15 year old girl, then we can talk. You obviously have no experience with drugs.

And that happened with crack being illegal. No one is arguing that narcotics can have a horrible impact on someones life. I personally am only arguing that there are plenty other things that could fuck us up, that are legal and yet we are offered something called choice with them.

I once saw a quote saying that drugs were the last great frontier. Legality would take away from the mysteriousness of drugs and possibly help provent use?

I suggest a new war on drugs. A war on crappy drugs.
Atleast in ecstasy circles lives would be saved. No time to find some stats but there is an alarming amount of ecstasy pills recovered and then tested that contain no mdma(The Psychoactive that is supposed to be in X). Now there is not proof of any longterm health problems with responsible mdma use. But there is with DXM, Meth, piperidazin, and other common adulturants used to cut or replace MDMA. The precursors to mdma are some of the most controled in the United States, making it really expensive to make. Discouraging the labs from using pure MDMA. That causes deaths.

OMG CRACK BABIEShttp://www.erowid.org/chemicals/cocaine/cocaine_media10.shtml

Edited by sonic, 05 October 2010 - 07:40 AM.

#46 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 October 2010 - 03:56 PM

Just because one evil is legalised, does not mean another should be.

#47 Bryan

Bryan
  • 4107 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 04:03 PM

People are too stupid for drugs to be legal. Meaning that most people that die from drugs do so because they're not fully aware of the ramifications of their actions. Basically, I take the standpoint of Cody. It should be regulated, but then there's going to be dissent on how to do so.

#48 sonic

sonic
  • 3452 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 05:18 PM

Just because one evil is legalised, does not mean another should be.

porn, alcohol, cars, hiking, and sky diving can all be evils. Free choice FTW. Loose Regulation and rehabilitation are the keys.

#49 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 October 2010 - 11:35 AM

porn, alcohol, cars, hiking, and sky diving can all be evils. Free choice FTW. Loose Regulation and rehabilitation are the keys.

Your shithole of a country has loose regulations on guns.

University of Texas Massacre Austin, Texas, United States August 1 1966 16 SC State killings1 Orangeburg, South Carolina, United States February 8 1968 3 Kent State shootings1 Kent, Ohio, United States May 4 1970 4 Jackson State shootings1 Jackson, Mississippi, United States May 14–15 1970 2 Olean High School shooting1 Olean, New York, United States December 30 1974 3 California State University, Fullerton massacre Fullerton, California, United States July 12 1976 7 Cleveland Elementary School shooting San Diego, California, United States January 29 1979 2 Deer Creek Middle School shooting Littleton, Colorado, United States April 7 1982 1 Parkway South Middle School shooting Manchester, Missouri, United States January 20 1983 2 Goddard Middle School shooting Goddard, Kansas, United States January 21 1985 1 Portland Junior High School shooting Portland, Connecticut, United States December 10 1985 1 Pine Forest Senior High School Fayetteville, North Carolina, United States May 6 1986 0 Pinellas Park High School shooting Largo, Florida, United States February 11 1988 1 Hubbard Woods School shooting Winnetka, Illinois, United States May 20 1988 1 Atlantic Shores Christian School shooting Chesapeake, Virginia, United States December 16 1988 1 Cleveland School massacre Stockton, California, United States January 17 1989 6 University of Iowa shooting Iowa City, Iowa, United States November 1 1991 6 Lindhurst High School shooting Olivehurst, California, United States May 1 1992 4 Palo Duro High School shooting Amarillo, Texas, United States September 11 1992 0 Berkner High School shooting Richardson, TX, United States November 6 1992 1 Edward Tilden High School shooting Chicago, Illinois, United States November 20 1992 1 Simon's Rock College of Bard shooting Great Barrington, Massachusetts, United States December 14 1992 2 East Carter High School shooting Grayson, Kentucky, United States January 18 1993 2 Amityville High School shooting Amityville, New York, United States February 1 1993 1 Reseda High School shooting Reseda, California, United States February 22 1993 1 Wauwatosa West High School shooting Wauwatosa, Wisconsin, United States December 1 1993 1 Central Middle School shooting Sheridan, Wyoming, United States September 17 1993 1 Margaret Leary Elementary School shooting Butte, Montana, United States April 12 1994 1 Grimsley High School shooting Greensboro, North Carolina, United States October 12 1994 1 Wickliffe Middle School shooting Wickliffe, Ohio, United States November 7 1994 1 Blackville-Hilda High School shooting Blackville, South Carolina, United States October 12 1995 2 Richland High School shooting Lynnville, Tennessee, United States November 15 1995 2 Frontier Middle School shooting Moses Lake, Washington, United States February 2 1996 3 Hamilton High School shooting Scottdale, Georgia, United States February 2 1996 1 San Diego State University shooting San Diego, California, United States August 15 1996 3 Hetzel Union Building shooting State College, Pennsylvania, United States September 17 1996 1 Bethel Regional High School shooting Bethel, Alaska, United States February 19 1997 2 Pearl High School shooting Pearl, Mississippi, United States October 1 1997 2 Heath High School shooting Paducah, Kentucky, United States December 4 1997 3 Westside Middle School shooting Jonesboro, Arkansas, United States March 24 1998 5 Parker Middle School dance shooting1 Edinboro, Pennsylvania, United States April 24 1998 1 Thurston High School shooting Springfield, Oregon, United States May 20 1998 2 Columbine High School massacre Littleton, Colorado, United States April 20 1999 13 Heritage High School shooting Conyers, Georgia, United States May 20 1999 0 Fort Gibson Middle School shooting Fort Gibson, Oklahoma, United States December 6 1999 0 Buell Elementary School shooting Mount Morris Township, Michigan, United States February 29 2000 1 Lake Worth Middle School shooting Lake Worth, Florida, United States May 26 2000 1 University of Arkansas shooting Fayetteville, Arkansas, United States August 28 2000 2 Santana High School shooting Santee, California, United States March 5 2001 2 Granite Hills High School shooting El Cajon, California, United States March 22 2001 0 Martin Luther King, Jr. High School shooting Manhattan, New York, United States January 15 2002 0 Appalachian School of Law shooting Grundy, Virginia, United States January 16 2002 3 John McDonogh High School shooting New Orleans, Louisiana, United States April 14 2003 1 Red Lion Area Junior High School shootings Red Lion, Pennsylvania, United States April 24 2003 2 Case Western Reserve University shooting Cleveland, Ohio, United States May 9 2003 1 Rocori High School shooting Cold Spring, Minnesota, United States September 24 2003 2 Columbia High School shooting East Greenbush, New York, United States February 9 2004 0 Fairleigh Dickinson University shooting Florham Park, New Jersey, United States April 4 2004 2 Randallstown High School shooting Randallstown, Maryland, United States May 7 2004 0 Red Lake Senior High School massacre Red Lake, Minnesota, United States March 21 2005 8 Campbell County High School shooting Jacksboro, Tennessee, United States November 8 2005 1 Pine Middle School shooting Reno, Nevada, United States March 14 2006 0 Essex Elementary School shooting[11] Essex, Vermont, United States August 24 2006 2 Orange High School shooting Hillsborough, North Carolina, United States August 30 2006 1 Platte Canyon High School shooting Bailey, Colorado, United States September 27 2006 2 Weston High School shooting Cazenovia, Wisconsin, United States September 29 2006 1 Amish school shooting Nickel Mines, Lancaster County, Pennsylvania, United States October 2 2006 6 Henry Foss High School shooting Tacoma, Washington, United States January 3 2007 1 Midland Dow High School shooting Midland, Michigan, United States March 8 2007 1 University of North Carolina at Greensboro Greensboro, North Carolina, United States March 24 2007 0[12] University of Washington shooting Seattle, Washington, United States April 2 2007 2 Virginia Tech massacre Blacksburg, Virginia, United States April 16 2007 33 Delaware State University shooting Dover, Delaware, United States September 21 2007 1 SuccessTech Academy shooting Cleveland, Ohio, United States October 10 2007 1 Louisiana Technical College shooting Baton Rouge, Louisiana, United States February 8 2008 3 Mitchell High School shooting Memphis, Tennessee, United States February 11 2008 0 E.O. Green School shooting Oxnard, California, United States February 12 2008 1 Northern Illinois University massacre DeKalb, Illinois, United States February 14 2008 6 Davidson High School Shooting Mobile, Alabama, United States March 9 2008 1 Central High School shooting Knoxville, Tennessee, United States August 21 2008 1 Henry Ford High School shooting Detroit, Michigan, United States October 16 2008 1 2008 University of Central Arkansas shootings Conway, Arkansas, United States October 27 2008 2 Dillard High School shooting Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States November 12 2008 1 Henry Ford Community College shooting Dearborn, Michigan, United States April 10 2009 2 Wesleyan University1 Middletown, Connecticut, United States May 1 2009 1 Canandaigua Academy shooting Canandaigua, New York, United States May 5 2009 1 Harvard University Cambridge,Massachusetts, United States May 18 2009 1[13] Larose-Cut Off Middle School shooting Larose, Louisiana, United States May 18 2009 1 Skyline College shooting San Bruno, California, United States September 2 2009 0 Atlanta University Center Atlanta , Georgia, United States September 3 2009 1[14] Deer Valley High School shooting Antioch, California, United States September 16 2009 0 Northern Virginia Community College Woodbridge, Virginia, United States December 8 2009 0 Discovery Middle School Madison, Alabama, United States February 6 2010 1 [15] University of Alabama in Huntsville Huntsville, Alabama, United States February 12 2010 3 [16] Deer Creek Middle School Jefferson County, Colorado, United States February 23 2010 0[17] Birney Elementary School Tacoma, Washington, United States February 26 2010 1[18] Ohio State University Columbus, Ohio, United States March 9 2010 2[19] Belleville Township HS East Belleville, Illinois, United States August 17 2010 1[20] University of Texas at Austin Austin, Texas, United States September 28 2010 1[21] Alisal High School Salinas, California, United States October 1 2010 1[22][23]
Look...

#50 Mishelle

Mishelle
  • Bitch Of The Boards

• 2245 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 October 2010 - 12:00 PM

I've seen the side effects of crack cocaine addiction, alcohol addiction, heroin and meth addiction and I have friends who've died from overdosing on pills. Please don't act high and mighty with me. Drugs being underground is the reason drug dealers are able to sell crack cocaine to 15 year old girls. If they were regulated then obviously there would be an age limit and it would be easier to keep them out of the reach of kids. If drugs were to be legalized obviously they would have to be heavily regulated and confined. With regulation you're able to control the safety of the product, limit access to the product, and put the criminals out of business.

Your shithole of a country has loose regulations on guns.

University of Texas Massacre Austin, Texas, United States August 1 1966 16 SC State killings1 Orangeburg, South Carolina, United States February 8 1968 3 Kent State shootings1 Kent, Ohio, United States May 4 1970 4 Jackson State shootings1 Jackson, Mississippi, United States May 14–15 1970 2 Olean High School shooting1 Olean, New York, United States December 30 1974 3 California State University, Fullerton massacre Fullerton, California, United States July 12 1976 7 Cleveland Elementary School shooting San Diego, California, United States January 29 1979 2 Deer Creek Middle School shooting Littleton, Colorado, United States April 7 1982 1 Parkway South Middle School shooting Manchester, Missouri, United States January 20 1983 2 Goddard Middle School shooting Goddard, Kansas, United States January 21 1985 1 Portland Junior High School shooting Portland, Connecticut, United States December 10 1985 1 Pine Forest Senior High School Fayetteville, North Carolina, United States May 6 1986 0 Pinellas Park High School shooting Largo, Florida, United States February 11 1988 1 Hubbard Woods School shooting Winnetka, Illinois, United States May 20 1988 1 Atlantic Shores Christian School shooting Chesapeake, Virginia, United States December 16 1988 1 Cleveland School massacre Stockton, California, United States January 17 1989 6 University of Iowa shooting Iowa City, Iowa, United States November 1 1991 6 Lindhurst High School shooting Olivehurst, California, United States May 1 1992 4 Palo Duro High School shooting Amarillo, Texas, United States September 11 1992 0 Berkner High School shooting Richardson, TX, United States November 6 1992 1 Edward Tilden High School shooting Chicago, Illinois, United States November 20 1992 1 Simon's Rock College of Bard shooting Great Barrington, Massachusetts, United States December 14 1992 2 East Carter High School shooting Grayson, Kentucky, United States January 18 1993 2 Amityville High School shooting Amityville, New York, United States February 1 1993 1 Reseda High School shooting Reseda, California, United States February 22 1993 1 Wauwatosa West High School shooting Wauwatosa, Wisconsin, United States December 1 1993 1 Central Middle School shooting Sheridan, Wyoming, United States September 17 1993 1 Margaret Leary Elementary School shooting Butte, Montana, United States April 12 1994 1 Grimsley High School shooting Greensboro, North Carolina, United States October 12 1994 1 Wickliffe Middle School shooting Wickliffe, Ohio, United States November 7 1994 1 Blackville-Hilda High School shooting Blackville, South Carolina, United States October 12 1995 2 Richland High School shooting Lynnville, Tennessee, United States November 15 1995 2 Frontier Middle School shooting Moses Lake, Washington, United States February 2 1996 3 Hamilton High School shooting Scottdale, Georgia, United States February 2 1996 1 San Diego State University shooting San Diego, California, United States August 15 1996 3 Hetzel Union Building shooting State College, Pennsylvania, United States September 17 1996 1 Bethel Regional High School shooting Bethel, Alaska, United States February 19 1997 2 Pearl High School shooting Pearl, Mississippi, United States October 1 1997 2 Heath High School shooting Paducah, Kentucky, United States December 4 1997 3 Westside Middle School shooting Jonesboro, Arkansas, United States March 24 1998 5 Parker Middle School dance shooting1 Edinboro, Pennsylvania, United States April 24 1998 1 Thurston High School shooting Springfield, Oregon, United States May 20 1998 2 Columbine High School massacre Littleton, Colorado, United States April 20 1999 13 Heritage High School shooting Conyers, Georgia, United States May 20 1999 0 Fort Gibson Middle School shooting Fort Gibson, Oklahoma, United States December 6 1999 0 Buell Elementary School shooting Mount Morris Township, Michigan, United States February 29 2000 1 Lake Worth Middle School shooting Lake Worth, Florida, United States May 26 2000 1 University of Arkansas shooting Fayetteville, Arkansas, United States August 28 2000 2 Santana High School shooting Santee, California, United States March 5 2001 2 Granite Hills High School shooting El Cajon, California, United States March 22 2001 0 Martin Luther King, Jr. High School shooting Manhattan, New York, United States January 15 2002 0 Appalachian School of Law shooting Grundy, Virginia, United States January 16 2002 3 John McDonogh High School shooting New Orleans, Louisiana, United States April 14 2003 1 Red Lion Area Junior High School shootings Red Lion, Pennsylvania, United States April 24 2003 2 Case Western Reserve University shooting Cleveland, Ohio, United States May 9 2003 1 Rocori High School shooting Cold Spring, Minnesota, United States September 24 2003 2 Columbia High School shooting East Greenbush, New York, United States February 9 2004 0 Fairleigh Dickinson University shooting Florham Park, New Jersey, United States April 4 2004 2 Randallstown High School shooting Randallstown, Maryland, United States May 7 2004 0 Red Lake Senior High School massacre Red Lake, Minnesota, United States March 21 2005 8 Campbell County High School shooting Jacksboro, Tennessee, United States November 8 2005 1 Pine Middle School shooting Reno, Nevada, United States March 14 2006 0 Essex Elementary School shooting[11] Essex, Vermont, United States August 24 2006 2 Orange High School shooting Hillsborough, North Carolina, United States August 30 2006 1 Platte Canyon High School shooting Bailey, Colorado, United States September 27 2006 2 Weston High School shooting Cazenovia, Wisconsin, United States September 29 2006 1 Amish school shooting Nickel Mines, Lancaster County, Pennsylvania, United States October 2 2006 6 Henry Foss High School shooting Tacoma, Washington, United States January 3 2007 1 Midland Dow High School shooting Midland, Michigan, United States March 8 2007 1 University of North Carolina at Greensboro Greensboro, North Carolina, United States March 24 2007 0[12] University of Washington shooting Seattle, Washington, United States April 2 2007 2 Virginia Tech massacre Blacksburg, Virginia, United States April 16 2007 33 Delaware State University shooting Dover, Delaware, United States September 21 2007 1 SuccessTech Academy shooting Cleveland, Ohio, United States October 10 2007 1 Louisiana Technical College shooting Baton Rouge, Louisiana, United States February 8 2008 3 Mitchell High School shooting Memphis, Tennessee, United States February 11 2008 0 E.O. Green School shooting Oxnard, California, United States February 12 2008 1 Northern Illinois University massacre DeKalb, Illinois, United States February 14 2008 6 Davidson High School Shooting Mobile, Alabama, United States March 9 2008 1 Central High School shooting Knoxville, Tennessee, United States August 21 2008 1 Henry Ford High School shooting Detroit, Michigan, United States October 16 2008 1 2008 University of Central Arkansas shootings Conway, Arkansas, United States October 27 2008 2 Dillard High School shooting Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States November 12 2008 1 Henry Ford Community College shooting Dearborn, Michigan, United States April 10 2009 2 Wesleyan University1[/ url] Middletown, Connecticut, United States May 1 2009 1 Canandaigua Academy shooting Canandaigua, New York, United States May 5 2009 1 Harvard University Cambridge,Massachusetts[/ url], United States May 18 2009 1[13] Larose-Cut Off Middle School shooting Larose, Louisiana, United States May 18 2009 1 Skyline College shooting San Bruno, California, United States September 2 2009 0 Atlanta University Center Atlanta , Georgia, United States September 3 2009 1[14] Deer Valley High School shooting Antioch, California, United States September 16 2009 0 Northern Virginia Community College Woodbridge, Virginia, United States December 8 2009 0 Discovery Middle School Madison, Alabama, United States February 6 2010 1 [15] University of Alabama in Huntsville Huntsville, Alabama, United States February 12 2010 3 [16] Deer Creek Middle School Jefferson County, Colorado, United States February 23 2010 0[17] Birney Elementary School Tacoma, Washington, United States February 26 2010 1[18] Ohio State University Columbus, Ohio, United States March 9 2010 2[19] Belleville Township HS East Belleville, Illinois, United States August 17 2010 1[20] University of Texas at Austin Austin, Texas, United States September 28 2010 1[21] Alisal High School Salinas, California, United States October 1 2010 1[url="http://en.wikipedia....#cite_note-21"][22] [url="http://en.wikipedia....#cite_note-22"][23]
Look...

Guns don't kill people, people kill people. That's a pretty dumb argument to make. People don't kill people because guns are loosely regulated, look at the UK where the gun laws are very strict, but there's an increase in stabbing. Correlation =/= causation.

The other day when I was tediously stocking selves I was thinking about the exact same thing with the drug cartels. At first I thought "if we really want to fight crime, wouldn't it make sense to make it legal. That way criminals wouldn't have business anymore because actual stores would take their place.", but then I thought about the fact that almost everywhere else in the world it would still be illegal. There are some drugs that can't be grown in the U.S because of the climate, and thus if people wanted those drugs they would have to get them from countries where that drug was still illegal. Even if half the world was legal and half wasn't, how would we know what was grown where? Capitalism is brutal, and I'm sure businesses wouldn't turn away coke at a cheaper price just because they were produced by a country that doesn't prohibit it. What if making it legal increases the demand for it? Then you might only be fueling crime instead of solving it.

I think keeping it (anything but weed) illegal might be a good thing. For example, if I wanted to do blow right now, I would have no idea where to get it. You need to have connections, go out of your way (most drug dealers don't deliver) and pay out the ass for it. However, if it was legal, I could have just picked up some from the store on my way home from work.

It's all pretty hypothetical though. We may never know.

I'm sure there will always be crime associated with drugs because of moral issues, poverty, gangs, addiction, etc. I'm pretty sure in America we could manufacture any drug, and idk about other people but if I did cocaine, I'd rather buy cocaine from a store, than from a drug dealer who could've put anything in it. It would be nice to see how things would pan out if every country practiced decriminalization of drugs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users