105 replies to this topic

#76 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 September 2010 - 05:21 AM

There wont be a war agin peoples!

In one of the editorials it was confirmed that they couldnt do wars anymore due to it "giving the wrong impression" to some its younger site users along with something to do with "current climate".

Meh.

Posted Image

#77 Puppetmaster

Puppetmaster
  • 905 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 06:05 AM

Posted Image Not the darkest faerie of cus.

It definitely has to do with the faerie statue in maraqua (which was already there eons ago)

I was just looking at that; I'm glad I'm not the only person to think that sunken bitch might have something to do with it.

#78 Turtleboy

Turtleboy
  • 424 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 06:10 AM

Did you never do the Altador mini-plot?

Teehee, no I actually have not.
My old days of playing neopets were basically playing meerca chase a couple of times a day and that was it. (It's kind of fun actually)
NOW, i have discovered neopets (wtheck), and the likes - soooo im more interested in these weird plot/event thingamabobs.

But alas, I have heard of Altador.
So I go to the hall of heroes (presumably) and that bisch ain't cracked yet!

http://www.neopets.c...iew_statue_id=6
?

or am i just confused?

#79 Risey

Risey
  • 90 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 06:17 AM

In one of the editorials it was confirmed that they couldnt do wars anymore due to it "giving the wrong impression" to some its younger site users along with something to do with "current climate".

Meh.

Eh, that sucks but it was a long time coming.

#80 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 September 2010 - 07:16 AM

I'm guessing the darkest faerie did this. After all, the statue is broken..

Wrong. 
It was Medusa.

Posted Image

#81 Gee

Gee
  • 498 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 10:51 AM

I'm sad because now I can't do Faerie quests, Wheel of Excitement and such. >8l Stupid shiet.

#82 Salamanda

Salamanda
  • 1000 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 September 2010 - 10:53 AM

TBH, I miss my war trophies, these stupid new plot trophies suck. One's a freaking rock for fucks sake, the war trophies always had more sparkle. Which I dig.

#83 Token

Token
  • 576 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 12:56 PM

Who took a shit in your cereal this morning?

No one. Now that I answered your question would you take time to answer my original question?

#84 Turtleboy

Turtleboy
  • 424 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 07:22 PM

No one. Now that I answered your question would you take time to answer my original question?

Damn you're grumpy.

Nobody knows if it's going to be a good or a bad plot but why do you always assume the worst?
If that's how you truly feel about this game, that everything they do is dumb and pointless - why are you playing this game?

Games are created so you can have fun, not so you can have one more thing to do and bitch about :(

#85 Lineage

Lineage
  • 498 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 07:51 PM

I would be so retardedly delighted if it does end up being a war plot.

#86 Elle

Elle
  • ShadowLink64's Rebel

• 894 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 September 2010 - 08:48 PM

I would be so retardedly delighted if it does end up being a war plot.

me too, i happen to have an awesome BD pet prepared XD

#87 Token

Token
  • 576 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 09:54 PM

Damn you're grumpy.

Nobody knows if it's going to be a good or a bad plot but why do you always assume the worst?
If that's how you truly feel about this game, that everything they do is dumb and pointless - why are you playing this game?

Games are created so you can have fun, not so you can have one more thing to do and bitch about :(

I'm not grumpy at all. I also did not assume anything I was just wondering why he thinks thinks this will be a good plot (if it is an actual plot at all). Secondly I don't play this game much. I autobuy and sell the items on another site. So no matter what the outcome is as long as I get more items to sell for nps I'm totally fine. Also I won't be doing the plot so there isn't one more thing for me to do and/or bitch about.

#88 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 September 2010 - 12:52 AM

Also I won't be doing the plot so there isn't one more thing for me to do and/or bitch about.

Why are you even getting involved with the discussion then? You're just going to start something unnecessary.

#89 Token

Token
  • 576 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 01:06 AM

Why are you even getting involved with the discussion then? You're just going to start something unnecessary.

Just because I don't play it doesn't mean I can't discuss it. Or is there a new rule on Codex that prohibits people from posting in sections because they aren't an active participant?

I was just wondering how someone knows this plot will be good. I participated in the past few plots and they have all been boring. Granted I haven't done any huge wars I only participated in the Return of Dr Sloth and that was my favorite plot due to the BD challengers and the mixture of puzzles. All the recent plots have been lacking in my opinion so I just think this plot will lack too. I'll be following the plot on Codex to see how it all plays out though, but I won't post because I'm not participating.

#90 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 September 2010 - 02:58 AM

Just because I don't play it doesn't mean I can't discuss it. Or is there a new rule on Codex that prohibits people from posting in sections because they aren't an active participant?

No, but starting shit isn't going to do anything good for the conversation, so there's no reason to post if it's all it's going to do is start a fight.

#91 flashraven

flashraven
  • 552 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 September 2010 - 04:37 AM

I was just looking at that; I'm glad I'm not the only person to think that sunken bitch might have something to do with it.

Yay Posted Image

Unless someone here is from TNT, speculations here will just be speculations, and I really do hope for a war. The previous one I participated in was the Meridell War eons ago -.-

Edited by flashraven, 22 September 2010 - 04:38 AM.

#92 InsertRandomNameHere

InsertRandomNameHere
  • 340 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 04:38 AM

Yay Posted Image

Unless someone here is from TNT, speculations here will just be speculations, and I really do hope for a war. The previous one I participated in was the Meridell War eons ago -.-

Meh.

#93 flashraven

flashraven
  • 552 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 September 2010 - 04:41 AM

^ Lol sorry! Why's Neopets so lame :/

#94 InsertRandomNameHere

InsertRandomNameHere
  • 340 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 04:43 AM

Its okay, there are four pages so I didn't expect people to read the pages one by one.

I might go searching for other pet site games like Neopets that have a war.

#95 flashraven

flashraven
  • 552 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 September 2010 - 04:47 AM

^ Nah I'm having a headache now, so yeah :/

Without war = BDers lose their purpose = Less people playing = Neopets Close down

#96 Scot

Scot
  • ≡^ᴥ^≡

• 3935 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 September 2010 - 05:00 AM

Well they don't want to close down the BD, that would alienate people. Their plan is to let it die a slow and horrible death so they can wash their hands clean of it and pretend it wasn't their fault people lost interest. Most of the existing "bad" games are grandfathered in from when competent people were in charge but we both know that shit wouldn't fly if they introduced it today. On the other hand if they did shut them down, they don't have the innovation to create anything to replace all the fun games. TNT has literally run out of ideas which is why all we've gotten lately are updated shopkeepers and some old items are now wearable.

#97 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 September 2010 - 05:48 AM

Well they don't want to close down the BD, that would alienate people. Their plan is to let it die a slow and horrible death so they can wash their hands clean of it and pretend it wasn't their fault people lost interest. Most of the existing "bad" games are grandfathered in from when competent people were in charge but we both know that shit wouldn't fly if they introduced it today. On the other hand if they did shut them down, they don't have the innovation to create anything to replace all the fun games. TNT has literally run out of ideas which is why all we've gotten lately are updated shopkeepers and some old items are now wearable.

Hey man, putting dung on my Neopet > Everything else.

#98 Gee

Gee
  • 498 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 11:16 AM

Lol@the neopets fail stuff.
i hadn't thought of it that way... all kids don't do things based on media. Some dumb kids, yes, but educated children... ha.
Gambling is really a huge issue on Neopets. :\ Everything mostly is based on gambling in terms of games. The wheel, the cards, the slots, etc.

#99 Scot

Scot
  • ≡^ᴥ^≡

• 3935 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 September 2010 - 07:33 PM

Fail reasoning. What about Neopian Battle Legends, the tower defence game. New game. DIRECTLY base around war.

That's an easy one. They sell novelty towers for real cash = $$$$.

Scenario: You run a website and come across a cash cow. Which sounds more plausible?
Option A: We better not make this game because it might upset a vigilant soccer mom.
Option B: Let's make some money until someone files a complaint.

#100 Ziz

Ziz
  • 936 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 07:51 PM

I hope at least that this wont be another time, neopoints, and/or neocash sink like the previus "events" TNT have done.
If they come with a war and have good weapon prizes, I would stop cheating. Plots were the most fullfilling experience on neopets a legit player could have.
If I only could participate in one of those ancient plots...

Edited by Ziz, 22 September 2010 - 07:52 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users