• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

#26 InsertRandomNameHere

InsertRandomNameHere
  • 340 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 07:05 AM

You answered 10 out of 15 questions correctly
for a score of 67%.

I actually only knew like four questions. Random guessing = win.

Funny. I thought this was a debate topic, not a "post your inane test results with no comment" thread.

Debate Title - Do you know your God

So maybe posting answers show whether you know your gods or not? Its answering the question :)

Although it isn't much of a debate :)

Edited by Ephemeral, 30 September 2010 - 07:08 AM.

#27 Powerrrr

Powerrrr
  • 955 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 08:03 AM

You answered 9 out of 15 questions correctly
for a score of 60%.

#28 MiladyM

MiladyM
  • 428 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 10:54 AM

You answered 8 out of 15 questions correctly
for a score of 53%.

Better as expected. Never had any interest in it.. But I did see The Ten Commandments! xD
Im not a believer so I guess I dont know my god.

Edited by Milady, 04 October 2010 - 10:55 AM.

#29 jcrdude

jcrdude
  • Oh shit there's a thing here

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 October 2010 - 12:22 PM

Im not a believer so I guess I dont know my god.

This isn't even a test to see how well you know your own God as a test to see how knowledgeable a person is on religion in general.

And it would make sense for the Atheistic/Agnostic crowd to score generally higher. Typically we will have at least studied one religion before finding fault with it. Typically what will follow after is an investigation of other religions to find if they have any merit. If a person is satisfied with their religion, there is no real need to learn too much about more than one (or two in the case of a convert, but typically converts will switch to a similar religion... aka Catholic -> Methodist [Christianity] or Orthodox Judaism -> Conservative Judaism)

#30 MiladyM

MiladyM
  • 428 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 02:58 PM

This isn't even a test to see how well you know your own God as a test to see how knowledgeable a person is on religion in general.

And it would make sense for the Atheistic/Agnostic crowd to score generally higher. Typically we will have at least studied one religion before finding fault with it. Typically what will follow after is an investigation of other religions to find if they have any merit. If a person is satisfied with their religion, there is no real need to learn too much about more than one (or two in the case of a convert, but typically converts will switch to a similar religion... aka Catholic -> Methodist [Christianity] or Orthodox Judaism -> Conservative Judaism)

Must have understood the whole topic name wrong then, thought the question was how well you know your God.. as in the one that you've been brought up with. ^^
I didnt find any fault in any religion because I've just never really felt like it was real. For me theyre just nice to read stories. What other people think of it is their business and I'd never go and debate if its real or fake, how would I know, cant say ive met the guy. Maybe if i actually started paying attention I would believe, who knows.

#31 jcrdude

jcrdude
  • Oh shit there's a thing here

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 October 2010 - 03:17 PM

Must have understood the whole topic name wrong then, thought the question was how well you know your God

While the topic itself poses the question "Do you know your God?" the linked test itself is hardly a test of such. As the topic post is a quiz on general religious knowledge, it can be assumed that the topic title is merely a drawing point, but the implied ramifications of the quiz are how well we know EVERYONE ELSE'S God and their rules and history :p

#32 Mishelle

Mishelle
  • Bitch Of The Boards

• 2245 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 October 2010 - 03:56 PM

You answered 13 out of 15 questions correctly
for a score of 87%.

Agnostic.

#33 MiladyM

MiladyM
  • 428 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 04:01 PM

Must have understood the whole topic name wrong then, thought the question was how well you know your God.. as in the one that you've been brought up with. ^^

While the topic itself poses the question "Do you know your God?" the linked test itself is hardly a test of such. As the topic post is a quiz on general religious knowledge, it can be assumed that the topic title is merely a drawing point, but the implied ramifications of the quiz are how well we know EVERYONE ELSE'S God and their rules and history :p

Thanks for repeating what i just said in a more clear way :p However I'd still say I dont know my God, wichever religion you pick.

*Yay for being bad at explaining what you mean in english.*

Edited by Milady, 04 October 2010 - 04:10 PM.

#34 Lineage

Lineage
  • 498 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 04:15 PM

You answered 12 out of 15 questions correctly
for a score of 80%.

I actually didn't know it was permitted for a teacher to read from the bible even as an example of literature, around here it was always kinda "no religious talk whatsoever" in public schools.
Interesting.

#35 sircomflix

sircomflix
  • 461 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 07:31 PM

You answered 14 out of 15 questions correctly
for a score of 93%

Just got the last one wrong. No clue who that guy is =/ Atheist here. I enjoy learning about the different religions whilst learning about the science of our universe and our place in it. Can't make a good argument if you're not informed.

#36 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 October 2010 - 08:22 AM

You answered 12 out of 15 questions correctly
for a score of 80%.

I actually didn't know it was permitted for a teacher to read from the bible even as an example of literature, around here it was always kinda "no religious talk whatsoever" in public schools.
Interesting.

My high school English teacher did this... we read Genesis to get a feel for the literary style of the bible. There are genuine literary devices at work there... it isn't the most printed book in existence for no reason.

Also, this poll has been making the rounds on FB and other social networking cites, so I can understand the latency. Imagine having the whole of the internet descend on codex for a while. We'd be breaking too.

I'm not taking the poll. Obviously it's arbitrary. But I was raised to the faith, so I could probably do at least average on it.

#37 lukasdarkangel

lukasdarkangel
  • 20 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 08:32 AM

You answered 9 out of 15 questions correctly
for a score of 60%.

:(

#38 Sockoo

Sockoo
  • 506 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 December 2010 - 09:23 AM

for a score of 67%.

And i'm Atheist and don't know so much english ^^

#39 carrice

carrice
  • 660 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 09:43 AM

5/15
I suck probably cause its not my religion

#40 carrice

carrice
  • 660 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 09:43 AM

Sorry double post

Edited by bloomer, 06 December 2010 - 09:44 AM.

#41 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 December 2010 - 11:30 AM

5/15
I suck probably cause its not my religion

Great excuse... if you ignore the fact that atheists scored the highest on average, and they don't even have a religion.

#42 togepi

togepi
  • 123 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 01:34 PM

I did horribly. 60%. Religion has never interested me.

#43 PeonYourLawn

PeonYourLawn
  • 538 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 09:46 PM

for a score of 67%.

Also learned 2 answers from you so I'm more like 8/15 :p

I'm also an atheist although I got baptized in a Lutheran Church 3 years ago.

Haven't regret my change in faith since.

#44 Sockoo

Sockoo
  • 506 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 December 2010 - 04:53 AM

I'm also an atheist although I got baptized in a Lutheran Church 3 years ago.

Here in brazil, usually the fathers batize them suns with 1 or 2 years old so you cant escape being baptized --'
one thing I wanted to change and that I am baptized

#45 PeonYourLawn

PeonYourLawn
  • 538 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 01:49 AM

Here in brazil, usually the fathers batize them suns with 1 or 2 years old so you cant escape being baptized --'
one thing I wanted to change and that I am baptized

i see. but dont uhave to be confirmed around14-18? otherwise you can choose to be something else anyway

#46 Sockoo

Sockoo
  • 506 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 December 2010 - 04:23 AM

i see. but dont uhave to be confirmed around14-18? otherwise you can choose to be something else anyway

No, but if you want you to a "primeira comunhão" (i dont know how to traslate this) i think your "confirmed" is it

#47 Barophobia

Barophobia
  • 612 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 07:40 AM

uh, 9/15 (60%)

Wow that quiz had like a shitload of questions related to God and Jesus or something.

I sense biasness.

#48 Kido

Kido
  • 1046 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 06:58 PM

8/15 (53%) hey I passed. Not bad for a kid who's never even seen a bible before :pOn a random note. Who's Vishnu? At my school he's the asshole who stole my headset and claims he didn't.....>_>

#49 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 January 2011 - 07:21 PM

14/15. I didn'tk now about the US bible reading :/ I'm not from the States :o

#50 Vivendio

Vivendio
  • 145 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 07:54 AM

I scored 10/15 (67%). It was an enriching quiz.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users