• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

#51 jcrdude

jcrdude
  • Oh shit there's a thing here

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 January 2011 - 12:04 PM

No, but if you want you to a "primeira comunhão" (i dont know how to traslate this) i think your "confirmed" is it

I'm really late to this party, but it looks like what you were shooting for was "First Communion"

#52 tryingxx12x

tryingxx12x
  • 9 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 05:47 PM

You answered 13 out of 15 questions correctly
for a score of 87%.

Well I don't live in the States so probably should be +1 on that

#53 Nunc

Nunc
  • 443 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 06:00 PM

You answered 14 out of 15 questions correctly
for a score of 93%.

Well, no surprise there. Orthodox christians are, across-the-board, very smart and knowleadgeable about all religions.

#54 Kat

Kat
  • KatDog 5ever

• 2098 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 February 2011 - 06:10 PM

15 out of 15 :p I love Theology. I was considering becoming a Theology professor at one point.

#55 jaredennisclark

jaredennisclark
  • 838 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 06:15 PM

14 out of 15. WTF @ number 15. A pox on number 15!!

I'm right there with you.

That's the only question I missed. I took a wild guess at 'Billy Graham'.

To be completely honest, I took a guess on number 8 as well.

8. Which Bible figure is most closely associated with remaining obedient to God despite suffering?

I had it narrowed down to Job and Abraham, although I didn't really know for certain. :p

Edited by jaredennisclark, 26 February 2011 - 06:45 PM.

#56 Tarabyte

Tarabyte
  • 230 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 06:43 PM

I'm right there with you.

That's the only question I missed. I took a wild guess at 'Billy Graham'.

To be completely honest, I took a guess on number 8 as well.

I narrowed it down to Job and Abraham, although I didn't really know for certain. :p

Job.

& I got a 13 out of 15.

#57 leurz

leurz
  • 146 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 07:43 AM

I had it narrowed down to Job and Abraham, although I didn't really know for certain. :p

You should watch more south park
13/15
I missed the one about the bread and water and also the Jewish sabbath one.
I'm too used to the Mormon explanation and the Sabbath one was worded funny >:( its not my fault!!!

#58 Ladida

Ladida
  • Night Owl 🌛

• 2152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 February 2011 - 08:27 AM

6. Which of the following best describes the Catholic teaching about the bread and wine used for Communion?

Wrong: Posted Image The bread and wine are symbolsof the body and blood of Jesus Christ.

Correct: The bread and wine actually become the body and blood of Jesus Christ.

To think I thought my History lecturer was joking about this :| This is just.. Wrong. And they thought they were better than cannibals >.> Or maybe they thought it's ok to pretend to eat dead people.. Well they can eat dead people, but then they sure demonized the Amerindians for it.. Blah, it's just hypocritical.

Edited by Ladida, 27 February 2011 - 08:28 AM.

#59 Nunc

Nunc
  • 443 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 09:31 AM

6. Which of the following best describes the Catholic teaching about the bread and wine used for Communion?

Wrong: Posted Image The bread and wine are symbolsof the body and blood of Jesus Christ.

Correct: The bread and wine actually become the body and blood of Jesus Christ.

To think I thought my History lecturer was joking about this :| This is just.. Wrong. And they thought they were better than cannibals >.> Or maybe they thought it's ok to pretend to eat dead people.. Well they can eat dead people, but then they sure demonized the Amerindians for it.. Blah, it's just hypocritical.

It's teleological, not actual cannibalism, smart one

#60 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 February 2011 - 09:44 AM

It's teleological, not actual cannibalism, smart one

Teleological means "relating to the philosophical study of design or purpose".

So it's a big word that means literally nothing in the context you just used it.

#61 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 February 2011 - 09:46 AM

Teleological means "relating to the philosophical study of design or purpose".

So it's a big word that means literally nothing in the context you just used it.

How come you know everything Sweeney? O.o

#62 Frank12

Frank12
  • Banned from trading - Do not trade with this user!

• 276 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 February 2011 - 09:59 AM

You answered 13 out of 15 questions correctly for a score of 87%. ehh, missed the sabbath and stupid #15

#63 jaredennisclark

jaredennisclark
  • 838 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 09:59 AM

13/15
I'm too used to the Mormon explanation and the Sabbath one was worded funny >:( its not my fault!!!

I've always remembered the eucharist one because of just how ridiculous and morbid it sounds.

And I know the Sabbath one because I used to work with an Orthodox Jew. He had Friday and Saturday off. Every. Week.

Edited by jaredennisclark, 27 February 2011 - 10:02 AM.

#64 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 February 2011 - 10:04 AM

How come you know everything Sweeney? O.o

I don't.
There are things I know, there are things I have basic grasp of and fact check to be sure, and then there are things that I don't know nor care to know.

#65 Nunc

Nunc
  • 443 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 10:31 AM

I don't.
There are things I know, there are things I have basic grasp of and fact check to be sure, and then there are things that I don't know nor care to know.

read: "I use wikipedia"

EDIT: Now, let's see, the whole eucharist debacle is an ontological, philological, and epistemological theory that does not bear any resemblance to the cannibalism practiced among the inferior races of savages. It is a representation of how Jesus consecrated the Wafer and Wine of the Last Supper to be his own 'flesh and blood' so to speak- that his followers would know he would live forever 'in them' so to speak.

Edited by Nunc, 27 February 2011 - 10:34 AM.

#66 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 February 2011 - 10:37 AM

read: "I use wikipedia"

EDIT: Now, let's see, the whole eucharist debacle is an ontological, philological, and epistemological theory that does not bear any resemblance to the cannibalism practiced among the inferior races of savages. It is a representation of how Jesus consecrated the Wafer and Wine of the Last Supper to be his own 'flesh and blood' so to speak- that his followers would know he would live forever 'in them' so to speak.

If I didn't already think you were wrong, I wouldn't have looked it up in the first place.

I'm not interested in continuing a discussion with you.

#67 Dayzee

Dayzee
  • 483 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 12:25 PM

Because of course Atheists will know more about religion than any other group. It is because they are Atheists. =P

Haha. I got this and I'm not an atheist :p

You answered 15 out of 15 questions correctly
for a score of 100%.

#68 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 February 2011 - 12:49 PM

Haha. I got this and I'm not an atheist :p

You answered 15 out of 15 questions correctly
for a score of 100%.

That's because you're not a group, all by yourself.

There are probably a shedload of ignorant atheists who'd score low, too.

#69 Formaldehyde

Formaldehyde
  • 366 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 02:14 PM

You answered 9 out of 15 questions correctly
for a score of 60%

Scored better than 62% of the public! Not bad for someone who doesn't believe in a higher power, methinks. I don't understand the connection between Atheists and High Scores though.

#70 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 February 2011 - 02:31 PM

for a score of 60%

Scored better than 62% of the public! Not bad for someone who doesn't believe in a higher power, methinks. I don't understand the connection between Atheists and High Scores though.

Theoretically, the more you know about religion, the easier it is to see through it.

#71 JessieB

JessieB
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 03:58 PM

Wow, 15 out of 15 O_o Granted, I totally guessed on the last one and got lucky. But I knew the others primarily because I took a religious history course a few years ago. I claim Lutheranism in my family for the sake of my heritage, but I can't say I follow diligently, or even remotely closely. I am interested, however, in religions. They're powerful, interesting, and give a good look into the way human minds work.

#72 Persuasion

Persuasion
  • 551 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 04:11 PM

for a score of 60%.

-Wow. The begining ones really stumped me. I always get Moses and Abraham mixed up xD

#73 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 March 2011 - 03:39 PM

-Wow. The begining ones really stumped me. I always get Moses and Abraham mixed up xD

Is it because of the beards?

#74 Persuasion

Persuasion
  • 551 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 04:12 PM

Lol; Maybe; The same image comes up in my head when I think of them :p They're all big figures in the bible...

#75 MisterDerp

MisterDerp
  • 261 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 05:07 PM

13/15

How was the Jewish Sabbath one worded strangely? Maybe I'm not seeing it since I was raised Jewish. o.0

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users