Photo

[Chapter 4] Nox's Locks

• Please log in to reply
91 replies to this topic

#1 Tsunade

Tsunade
  • 676 posts

Posted 01 October 2010 - 01:59 PM

First of all, go read the comic, then lets take a trip to... Castle Nox! Then click on the left door.

For the corridor that needs neocash keys, I suggest reading the FAQ

From what I've gathered so far...
Each Brozne Peg represents something that you have to move by opening the doors.

The stone slabs are trap squares and stun you for one 'turn',
apart from the one with the golden key on, and the one with icecream on, and the Usuki Dolls.

There is a golden door on a floor, which you need to get a peg to.

And the weird things at the bottom appear to control the doors.

Ok this is more simple that it seems, each thing at the bottom controls the doors, you set the sequence of doors you want to open and it will open them in order, allowing your peg to move from room to room. i.e... Two different colours of doors will never be open at the same time. So basically if you need to pass through the following doors in this order, say, G,B,R,G,B, you set the knobs at the bottom to that order and it will open the doors and your peg will move through.

If you have more than two doors with the same colour joining a room, its a little bit of trial and error, I have not yet noticed a way to pre select the door you want it to go through. You will just have to cycle around the rooms until you get the right direction, which is so annoying...

Concentrate on one peg at a time and it is much easier... I suggest getting all your pegs to form up in one space, where they join forces and then you only have 1 peg to deal with.

Achievments

We All Scream
Everyone loves an ice-cold bowl of Chintzy Mynci... even Hubrid Nox.
-Awarded by getting all pegs to the icecream slab/trap, I did it by getting them to all form up and then went to the icecream room, then I got the acheivment on completion. (as in when i left the gold doors)
Fort Nox
There's gold in them thar halls!
-Find the treasure (not marked with an icon) in one of the rooms. This may take a lot of wandering about through all the rooms...
And One For All
"After you." "No, after you." "No, I insist! After you."
-Awarded by exiting through the gold doors with all three characters together.

And as with the last chapter there are some bonus items to be won.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Hubrid Nox Treasure Chest and Giant Tub of Ice Cream

Playing with the Treasure chest gives you items, unsure what the posible items are, but there you have it :thumbsup:

And... Sorry, i'm trying to solve it all atm, so i'll add more when I'm done.

Edit by noit:
Once you get all the pegs togather the exit is the GOLD door not the green one. See attached image.

Attached Thumbnails

• gold doors.PNG

#2 Pirates

Pirates
  • 302 posts

Posted 01 October 2010 - 02:07 PM

I've solved it~
You need to find a gold key to get out the golden door. You should get an achievement with it.

We All Scream
Everyone loves an ice-cold bowl of Chintzy Mynci... even Hubrid Nox

To get this, I think you need to go to the ice cream room with all of your pegs.

Fort Nox
There's gold in them thar halls!

Get the key (Some people say they don't get it, but thats how I got it after my 2nd time playing)
Make your first move on your 2nd game (You don't have to complete it)

Its one of the two I think~

And One For All
After you." "No, after you." "No, I insist! After you.

Get it through bringing all your pegs through the golden door together

Copy & Pasted from my comments

First of all, go read the comic, then lets take a trip to... Castle Nox!

For the corridor that needs neocash keys, I suggest reading the FAQ

From what I've gathered so far...
Each Peg represents something that you have to move,
The stone slabs are trap squares, apart from the one with the golden key on, and the one with icecream on.
There is a golden door on floor G, which you need to get your peg to.
And the weird things at the bottom appear to control the doors.

Sorry, i'm trying to solve it all atm, so i'll add more when I'm done.

I think the keys change around a bit because my keys were in G for my first game, but then on the 2nd game it was on 2. :o

Edited by Pirates, 01 October 2010 - 04:02 PM.

#3 Tsunade

Tsunade
  • 676 posts

Posted 01 October 2010 - 02:09 PM

Thanks a lot for doing the acheivments Pirates :D, I'll add them to the first post in a second

#4 Pirates

Pirates
  • 302 posts

Posted 01 October 2010 - 02:12 PM

Thanks a lot for doing the acheivments Pirates :D, I'll add them to the first post in a second

Np ^^
It took me 2 games to figure out all of them :p Except I can't get the main achievement for some reason :X

All these achievements can be achieved inside 1 game though :D

#5 Fayt

Fayt
  • 56 posts

Posted 01 October 2010 - 02:17 PM

I'm calling a bit of randomness to this.

I got all the pegs, went to the ice cream room....nothin.

I got the gold key....nothin.

I think TNT is jacked the the head myself.

On a side note, Yes, thanks Pirates. I wouldn't have know HOW to get them otherwords :). (even though it isnt giving them to me yet. lol)

Edited by Fayt, 01 October 2010 - 02:22 PM.

#6 Pirates

Pirates
  • 302 posts

Posted 01 October 2010 - 02:22 PM

I'm calling a bit of randomness to this.

I got all the pegs, went to the ice cream room....nothin.

I got the gold key....nothin.

I think TNT is jacked the the head myself.

I got the achievements Ice Cream room after I exited out of the golden door, but I stood on the ice cream room first with all my pegs

#7 Lineage

Lineage
  • 498 posts

Posted 01 October 2010 - 02:24 PM

You have earned an achievement for completing a hidden task!

Fort Nox

Head on over to your Fearless Deeds to admire your greatness.
^
I have no idea how I just got this. But yay?

#8 Tsunade

Tsunade
  • 676 posts

Posted 01 October 2010 - 02:33 PM

I just got the fort nox acheivment without picking up the key, screenshot coming to prove it. SO that Acheivment is defo bugged. :thumbsup:

#9 jcrdude

jcrdude
  • Oh shit there's a thing here

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 October 2010 - 02:37 PM

Good to know that Ice Cream can be awarded after the game. We'll see once I finish the round. I have my pegs collected and on the ice cream square now and didn't feel like leaving because I don't want to sit around trying to get these dumbasses back on the ice cream square XD

EDIT: Also did not get the main achievement for finishing the puzzle. What's up with that?

#10 Fayt

Fayt
  • 56 posts

Posted 01 October 2010 - 02:39 PM

Yeah. FIRST move of second game i got fort nox...I'm not even gonna do the rest bc I ended up getting the ice cream one when it was over like you said ^.^

#11 Pirates

Pirates
  • 302 posts

Posted 01 October 2010 - 02:45 PM

Yeah. FIRST move of second game i got fort nox...I'm not even gonna do the rest bc I ended up getting the ice cream one when it was over like you said ^.^

That happened for me too, but my movements lead to the gold key... o.o
Others I've heard gotten it inside the first game by getting the golden key :K

#12 jcrdude

jcrdude

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 October 2010 - 02:47 PM

That happened for me too, but my movements lead to the gold key... o.o
Others I've heard gotten it inside the first game by getting the golden key :K

Oh lawd. That means I have to play the game again and hope for the best?

LAMESAUCE.

#13 Lineage

Lineage
  • 498 posts

Posted 01 October 2010 - 02:59 PM

Idiot question but I've got all my "pegs" collected into one. Where the fuck am I supposed to go to "get out"? I see a glowing door but that's all I'm seeing?

Oh nevermind. It's the gold door on the side but ew at trying to find that. At least I got the other two achievements afterwards?

#14 jcrdude

jcrdude

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 October 2010 - 02:59 PM

Idiot question but I've got all my "pegs" collected into one. Where the fuck am I supposed to go to "get out"? I see a glowing door but that's all I'm seeing?

There's a golden door on the right side of the ground floor. If you have collected the key, the golden door is your escape route.

ALSO... beat this fucker twice and still don't have Nox's Locks complete. What is with that shit?

#15 Tsunade

Tsunade
  • 676 posts

Posted 01 October 2010 - 03:00 PM

Achievement Earned!
You have earned an achievement for completing a hidden task!

We All Scream

Head on over to your Fearless Deeds to admire your greatness.

I got all pegs to icecream then completed it

#16 Lineage

Lineage
  • 498 posts

Posted 01 October 2010 - 03:00 PM

ALSO... beat this fucker twice and still don't have Nox's Locks complete. What is with that shit?

Haven't a clue. I got it randomly and i mean literally just randomly choosing colors. I got it in the room with the usuki dolls so maybe try prancing back and forth through that room a few times?

#17 Tsunade

Tsunade
  • 676 posts

Posted 01 October 2010 - 03:04 PM

There's a golden door on the right side of the ground floor. If you have collected the key, the golden door is your escape route.

Haven't a clue. I got it randomly and i mean literally just randomly choosing colors. I got it in the room with the usuki dolls so maybe try prancing back and forth through that room a few times?

Yeah I still don't have Nox's Locks either... :crybaby: Just completed my third run through of the game as well. FAILSAUCE

#18 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 October 2010 - 03:05 PM

Tsu +rep you're amazing.

#19 jcrdude

jcrdude

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 October 2010 - 03:06 PM

ANOTHER UPDATE FOR THE FIRST POST:

You get the following items for the achievements :3

Fort Nox:
Posted Image

Hubrid Nox Treasure Chest

We All Scream:
Posted Image

Giant Tub of Ice Cream

Still no idea about damn Nox's Locks, though XD

#20 Osuna

Osuna
  • 129 posts

Posted 01 October 2010 - 03:09 PM

I think I am glitched

I was moving a peg from floor B up to floor G to join with the others

The door combo I used to move peg towards floor B stairs managed to move peg on floor G to the exit door

Sadly this peg also had the key and out they went ... Yippeeeee I thought

However having got that remaining peg up to the exit door I cannot get through it because ...... I do not have the key

So I have one peg stuck inside and unable to exit and therefore cannot complete and get any of the achievements

:: MUTTERS RUDE WORDS ::

#21 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 October 2010 - 03:10 PM

Oh +rep to pirates too. You're more amazing!

#22 Pirates

Pirates
  • 302 posts

Posted 01 October 2010 - 03:10 PM

Yeah I still don't have Nox's Locks either... :crybaby: Just completed my third run through of the game as well. FAILSAUCE

Maybe its a bug :X
Hopefully they'll fix it.. D:

#23 Lineage

Lineage
  • 498 posts

Posted 01 October 2010 - 03:11 PM

I think I am glitched

I was moving a peg from floor B up to floor G to join with the others

The door combo I used to move peg towards floor B stairs managed to move peg on floor G to the exit door

Sadly this peg also had the key and out they went ... Yippeeeee I thought

However having got that remaining peg up to the exit door I cannot get through it because ...... I do not have the key

So I have one peg stuck inside and unable to exit and therefore cannot complete and get any of the achievements

:: MUTTERS RUDE WORDS ::

o.O
talk about getting owned, I don't think there's a way to reset the board and all that completely either, is there?

#24 jcrdude

jcrdude

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 October 2010 - 03:12 PM

Neoboards (yes, I wandered there to see if Nox's Locks is being annoying for everyone) say that Nox's Locks is not being awarded for anyone. So we can stop playing this game if we've gotten all the achievements... at least until it gets fixed ;)

#25 Osuna

Osuna
  • 129 posts

Posted 01 October 2010 - 03:14 PM

o.O
talk about getting owned, I don't think there's a way to reset the board and all that completely either, is there?

No way to reset that I can see

In hindsight should have moved pegs from G to B to combine ... but who would have thought that combo used on one floor would be the exact same one to move pegs on another floor the the fecking exit !!!! Anyone wanna calculate the odds on that one

So yep .. me is stuck and not a happy meepit

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users