#1 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 October 2010 - 10:29 PM

Neopets has changed its login!

The new login looks like this.

Posted Image

Now, some people might like this because it means that they can now... finally... save passwords among multiple accounts. Other would like it because the login is now 1 step, which means it is faster.

Now alot of people will freak out and wonder if the programs are still safe. Yes. They are. Neopets chose to change the login form but not anything else. So our programs will login exactly the same as they did, with absolutely no change in how they function. We dont even have to update!

Adblock kills your page layout.....again

An image is worth a thousand words.

Posted Image

Thanks Salamanda for the picture.

Anyways, as you can see, the Username/NP bar is miles to the right. Which is just completely annoying. This is another ploy to force people to not use Adblock. No worries. Neocodex is here to rescue.

Install the GreaseMonkey script (Created by Noitidart <3) from here:

User Scripts - Fix Neopets Header.

and enjoy!!

#2 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 October 2010 - 10:40 PM

Thanks argue bro!! We do hope to update the login slightly to a required file that is separate from the programs. Pending talks with SL.

#3 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 October 2010 - 10:43 PM

Thanks argue bro!! We do hope to update the login slightly to a required file that is separate from the programs. Pending talks with SL.

Thats unrelated to this problem. :p

Basically because TNT may choose to change the login in the future, I want to move the NP Login to be part of the Required Files Package so people only have to download one update to fix it. I'm sure everyone will appreciate that.

I just need to discuss how to properly move everything over with SL, so that way we dont interfere with anything already in place. :)

#4 Elle

Elle
  • ShadowLink64's Rebel

• 894 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 October 2010 - 11:34 PM

Theyve managed to get all cocky and change the login page, but they still havent fixed the problem with logins/ incorrect passwords and frozen accounts from their database crash. damn stupid priorities of theirs...*mutters*

#5 unigirl

unigirl
  • 513 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 12:56 AM

Aww thank you guys so much for the script ♥

Wondering, will this new login help solving the cg-problem in anyway?

Edited by unigirl, 06 October 2010 - 12:58 AM.

#6 Powerrrr

Powerrrr
  • 955 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 01:25 AM

What's the point of changing the login page.

#7 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 October 2010 - 01:29 AM

What's the point of changing the login page.

Cause they can.

#8 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 October 2010 - 01:50 AM

Aww thank you guys so much for the script ♥

Wondering, will this new login help solving the cg-problem in anyway?

Newp :(

#9 Scot

Scot
  • ≡^ᴥ^≡

• 3935 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 October 2010 - 01:57 AM

I'm still getting the old login page

#10 unigirl

unigirl
  • 513 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 01:59 AM

Newp :(

=( I just don't get it. Other onlinegames already got good solution...

Maybe you've got to clear your cache Scot?!

Edited by unigirl, 06 October 2010 - 02:00 AM.

#11 Scot

Scot
  • ≡^ᴥ^≡

• 3935 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 October 2010 - 02:06 AM

No I've figured it out. The new page is http://www.neopets.com/login/ but if you go to http://www.neopets.com/loginpage.phtml you get the old login page which I have bookmarked. Also if you try to access any page that requires a login, like your shop you get directed to the old log in page.

#12 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 October 2010 - 02:53 AM

=( I just don't get it. Other onlinegames already got good solution...

Maybe you've got to clear your cache Scot?!

The Neopets Staff are horrible programmers and rather then properly prevent third party cross scripting, they just let cgs roam wild without a clue on how to fix it. Its something you have to deal with when playing this game.

#13 unigirl

unigirl
  • 513 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 03:12 AM

The Neopets Staff are horrible programmers and rather then properly prevent third party cross scripting, they just let cgs roam wild without a clue on how to fix it. Its something you have to deal with when playing this game.

I do or rather I kind of stopped playing xD
Just thought creating a new login would be a good idea for preventing users from getting cged.

#14 artificial

artificial
  • 186 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 October 2010 - 03:58 AM

You should have the programs download the login paramaters from the server. No need to force everyone to redownload a specific program should they update.

Also, all of this moaning of cookie grabbers. Has anybody even seen one in action? If so, post up the damn code. I would be surprised if it was an XSS attack and, if so you should be safe on the most recent browsers.

#15 Lineage

Lineage
  • 498 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 04:59 AM

Theyve managed to get all cocky and change the login page, but they still havent fixed the problem with logins/ incorrect passwords and frozen accounts from their database crash. damn stupid priorities of theirs...*mutters*

Agree agree agreeeeeee.
The login page makes me feel like i'm visiting a legit Nickelodeon website though because everything looks so child-like. ew.

Edited by Lineage, 06 October 2010 - 05:04 AM.

#16 stirlingL

stirlingL
  • 424 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 05:01 AM

cheers for the quick update

#17 Lineage

Lineage
  • 498 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 05:03 AM

I can't stop watching your siggy emerych.

Edited by Lineage, 06 October 2010 - 05:04 AM.

#18 Supernature

Supernature
  • 87 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 06:36 AM

Thanks for this (:

#19 Salamanda

Salamanda
  • 1000 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 October 2010 - 06:56 AM

Your welcome for the picture, now everyone can see my purty lupe.
And thank you Noit, the script is a lifesaver!

#20 Risey

Risey
  • 90 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 07:43 AM

Weird, I use adblock but my page isn't all messed up.
Anyway, enabling password retrieval for multiple accounts on one email is just going to make people lose even more accounts. Lawlz.

#21 angeladarling

angeladarling
  • 72 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 11:34 AM

I like the new log in page but I don't like that sometimes i can't just hit enter. I actually have to click on the stupid log in button.

#22 Cabral

Cabral
  • 20 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 08:16 PM

I like the old login page all i had to do was press login because my browser auto fills the information for me =) doesnt work with the new page

#23 Milodar

Milodar
  • 156 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 12:53 PM

The fact that I can't hit enter to log in enrages me. Now I have to GRAB THE MOUSE AND CLICK?

Jeez. <_<

#24 Philly

Philly
  • 402 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 10:35 PM

Glad that the new login screen deos not have issues with programs. I like it better thouhgh.

#25 Pyro699

Pyro699
  • 1542 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 October 2010 - 07:51 AM

The fact that I can't hit enter to log in enrages me. Now I have to GRAB THE MOUSE AND CLICK?

Jeez. <_<

I totally agree with you on that one, you cant even tab down to it and hit enter...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users