Sluts

• Please log in to reply
215 replies to this topic

#101 Lucian

Lucian
  • 875 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 October 2010 - 08:09 AM

Don't forget the Scientologists, Girl who threw a litter of puppies into a freezing river, and jSlaughter! They're all considered evil in my book.

#102 Mishelle

Mishelle
  • Bitch Of The Boards

• 2245 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 October 2010 - 08:40 AM

I hate you so fucking much right now. I'm going to bribe Noit into suspending you for a week.

The fact that you hate someone over the internet just for having an opinion different from yours shows that you need to fix your priorities in life, and maybe set some goals or something.

I hate that saying because it's sexist and it's homophobic and the fact that people are in this thread preaching it like gospel is asinine.

Edited by Mishelle, 30 October 2010 - 08:52 AM.

#103 Lucian

Lucian
  • 875 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 October 2010 - 09:19 AM

How is it homophobic? Please elaborate. >.>

#104 Mishelle

Mishelle
  • Bitch Of The Boards

• 2245 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 October 2010 - 09:30 AM

How is it homophobic? Please elaborate. >.>

Not every "lock" wants a "key" in it.

The whole notion of women and chastity is very heterocentric it's always related to women and how many men they sleep with or how easy it is for a man to sleep with them. Not every woman has sex with men. It's sexist that sexuality is seen as so male centric that it's reduced to the notion of a "lock" and a "key" and it's completely ignoring lesbians or gays from the equation of sex.

#105 sonic

sonic
  • 3452 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 10:36 PM

Errrr

Pics or it didn't happen?

Your a fake ass line stealer

#106 Bryan

Bryan
  • 4107 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 10:38 PM

The whole notion of women and chastity is very heterocentric it's always related to women and how many men they sleep with or how easy it is for a man to sleep with them. Not every woman has sex with men. It's sexist that sexuality is seen as so male centric that it's reduced to the notion of a "lock" and a "key" and it's completely ignoring lesbians or gays from the equation of sex.

That's probably because you can't stick a key in a key, nor a lock in a lock.

#107 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 November 2010 - 01:33 AM

That's probably because you can't stick a key in a key, nor a lock in a lock.

You can still rub them together...

#108 jcrdude

jcrdude
  • Oh shit there's a thing here

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 November 2010 - 11:36 AM

You can still rub them together...

Well at that point we stop calling them keys and start calling them swords... because "having a sword fight" sounds more awesome than "jangling our keys together"

#109 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 November 2010 - 03:45 AM

Well at that point we stop calling them keys and start calling them swords... because "having a sword fight" sounds more awesome than "jangling our keys together"

SO GAY

#110 myob12345

myob12345
  • 49 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 11:24 AM

so basically, if you exclude gays from an equation, it's "homophobic" regardless of the intent (or lack thereof) of exclusion.

thanks for clearing that one up.

#111 Mishelle

Mishelle
  • Bitch Of The Boards

• 2245 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 November 2010 - 11:32 AM

When people are blatantly heterocentric and exclude gay people from the equation of sex it keeps them in the "other" category and it keeps them denormalized in our culture.

And sword fighting does doesn't more awesome, I agree.

#112 myob12345

myob12345
  • 49 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 11:49 AM

When people are blatantly heterocentric and exclude gay people from the equation of sex it keeps them in the "other" category and it keeps them denormalized in our culture.

it doesn't make the statement "homophobic" though. it's just that the majority of people are heterosexual.

#113 Mishelle

Mishelle
  • Bitch Of The Boards

• 2245 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 November 2010 - 12:19 PM

That doesn't mean that homosexuals and bisexuals should be marginalized.

Edited by Mishelle, 02 November 2010 - 12:19 PM.

#114 Lucian

Lucian
  • 875 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 November 2010 - 12:25 PM

Being homo/bisexual is exactly mainstream.

Edited by Juupon, 02 November 2010 - 12:25 PM.

#115 willy101

willy101
  • 337 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 12:27 PM

Girls have been "sluts" for ages. I honestly hate the term along with the stigma associated. I really don't judge women or men for that matter for sleeping around. Women (with boyfriends or significant others) go to clubs/bars to get hit on and always turn the guys down. But people as social creatures seek validation from others. Being hit on is actually a huge power boost and girls get addicted to it. The pictures on 4chan is no different.

#116 myob12345

myob12345
  • 49 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 12:55 PM

That doesn't mean that homosexuals and bisexuals should be marginalized.

that was never my argument though so not sure where that's coming from.

and attention whores are equally annoying. i don't know what the original arguments about "sluts" were, but if you want a legit reason against it, women who engage in sexual activity with multiple partners or at a young age are at risk for HPV and subsequently, cervical cancer. also herpes. and parasites. goes for guys too.

people with values, in general, don't take highly to people who sleep around regardless of gender. why? because it shows a lack of discretion, propensity for impulsivess, increased risk of getting STDs from them, and some underlying daddy issue on their part. really great qualities to have in a wife or husband.

i have absolutely zero respect for girls and guys who sleep around (not the occasional one night stand, i'm talking full blown slut like this girl who goes to my bf's university andslept with everything that had a penis, including two of his friends. at once.)

also a lot of those naked pictures on /b/ are fake or reposts. just sayin.

Edited by myob12345, 02 November 2010 - 01:04 PM.

#117 Mishelle

Mishelle
  • Bitch Of The Boards

• 2245 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 November 2010 - 12:57 PM

that was never my argument though so not sure where that's coming from.

Heterocentricity leds to marginalization which leads to the "otherness" of homosexuals and bisexuals which prolongs homophobia because their sexuality isn't seen as normal and isn't recognized.
I don't understand why that''s such a radical concept.

Edited by Mishelle, 02 November 2010 - 12:58 PM.

#118 Warriors

Warriors
  • 985 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 November 2010 - 12:59 PM

Heterocentricity leds to marginalization which leads to the "otherness" of homosexuals and bisexuals which promotes homophobia because their sexuality isn't seen as normal and isn't recognized.

Or more simply its because Religion says no-no....and people are too stupid to think for themselves so....they follow religion blindly.

#119 Mishelle

Mishelle
  • Bitch Of The Boards

• 2245 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 November 2010 - 01:02 PM

That too. I guess it's because I'm a bisexual, it's easier for me to recognize heterocentricity than someone who's heterosexual because it's not something they think about. Anyway, we're off topic. Sluts, love em, I'm outta this thread now.

#120 myob12345

myob12345
  • 49 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 01:13 PM

Heterocentricity leds to marginalization which leads to the "otherness" of homosexuals and bisexuals which prolongs homophobia because their sexuality isn't seen as normal and isn't recognized.

let me try to explain this in simpler terms. i don't understand why you're talking to me about marginalization of homosexuals because i really don't care either way. my initial statement to you was, there is no "homophobic" nature to the statement about keys and vaginas, and that was it.

but while we are on the subject, "heterocentricity" or heterosexism seems to be defined as a bias or discrimination in favor of heterosexuals. i fail to see how an unintentional exclusion of gays in a statement due to the majority of people who created the statement being heterosexual represents that in any way. Additionally, there is no "favor" or benefit involved. do you really have realistic expectations that we have to insert "AND GAY PEOPLE TOO" in every single statement relating to sex? are you going to go call out scientists for being "homophobes" because a study is focused on sexual relationships between a male and a female and fails to take into account male/male female/female?

this attitude of self entitlement and martyrdom is what makes some gays and their supporters so irritating.

and by the way, i have nothing against gay people. gay people are cool. just annoying, self-entitled people.

Edited by myob12345, 02 November 2010 - 01:19 PM.

#121 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 November 2010 - 01:23 PM

"Homophobic" implies conscious intent.
"Heterocentric" can just as easily imply a subconscious bias.

Thus, the lock/key analogy is not homophobic (in this context), but calling it heterocentric is perfectly admissable.

You may now return to the actual topic.
You're welcome.

#122 Warriors

Warriors
  • 985 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 November 2010 - 01:26 PM

"Homophobic" implies conscious intent.
"Heterocentric" can just as easily imply a subconscious bias.

Thus, the lock/key analogy is not homophobic (in this context), but calling it heterocentric is perfectly admissable.

You may now return to the actual topic.
You're welcome.

Quick off-topic statement but following that idea that homophobic tendencies are conscious intent would believe that homosexuality is a choice rather than how one is born. Which isn't the current trend for labeling homosexuality.

Edited by Warriors, 02 November 2010 - 01:27 PM.

#123 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 November 2010 - 01:27 PM

Quick off-topic question but following that idea that homophobic tendencies are conscious intent would believe that homosexuality is a choice rather than how one is born...

Homophobia is not the same as homosexuality O_o

#124 Mishelle

Mishelle
  • Bitch Of The Boards

• 2245 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 November 2010 - 01:44 PM

Heterocentric is defined as the bias that heterosexual is normal and homosexual is not normal. Heterocentric ideals such as "lock and key" promotes the idea that everyone is presumed heterosexual until stated otherwise. When talking about sex I don't see a huge problem with acknowledging the fact that homosexuals and bisexuals exist. Slut-shaming doesn't just occur in the heterosexual community.

#125 Warriors

Warriors
  • 985 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 November 2010 - 01:44 PM

Homophobia is not the same as homosexuality O_o

Ah I see what I did hahaha..awesome

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users