Quantcast

Photo

Official Topic! Come here if you recently were frozen!

• Please log in to reply
600 replies to this topic

#1 xavarn

xavarn
  • 109 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 07:59 PM

Will this data ever be made public? I think it would really be helpful to most users as well.

#2 Derriere

Derriere
  • The Black Guy

• 686 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 08:06 PM

Shops you AB in: pharm (I do it legit almost half the time ;x)
Refresh Time: default
OCR time: default
Haggle Time: default

^ normal settings when I downloaded the program.

Roughly how many hours do you AB a day? a week? 4-6hrs/day

Do you use the Igloo ABer if you get R/S banned? no.

What Browser are you using? google chrome

What version of that browser are you using? newest one? lol

Do you use the Browser Sync option on ABrosia? no.

Do you use any other programs? (including programs from outside sources, including Score Sender) no.

Please also include any other information you might feel is relevant.
Don't leave it running overnight or 24/7 or even close to it. lol.

hope this helps.

#3 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 October 2010 - 08:36 PM

I support this topic and have forever. Please share all that you were doing that led up to your icing. I think this info should be public so users can learn. So just post it in a post in this topic like derriere. :)

Provide any extra information you can regarding your habits and especially the past dates you were frozen.

#4 Salamanda

Salamanda
  • 1000 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 October 2010 - 08:36 PM

My first main was frozen about 2 weeks ago and last nightish my new main was frozen also.

Shops you AB in: Plushies, Backgrounds, Clothes, Spooky Foods, Stamps (magic on my old main, riskyyyy i know)
Refresh Time: 4 - 9 seconds
OCR time: .8 - 1.4
Haggle Time: .5 - .9

My times arent even that risky. :|

Roughly how many hours do you AB a day? a week?
About 2 - 3 hours every other day, i'd take breaks and manually price my shop/use the TP etc at random intervals.

Do you use the Igloo ABer if you get R/S banned? no

What Browser are you using? Firefox

What version of that browser are you using? 3.6

Do you use the Browser Sync option on ABrosia? no

Do you use any other programs? (including programs from outside sources, including Score Sender) SS was used on my first main months before the freeze, second one I had sent a few low scores just for some starting np.

#5 Derriere

Derriere
  • The Black Guy

• 686 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 08:46 PM

Thanks for filling out this for me... but can I ask if you were recently frozen...? I'm not looking for regular people's data... xD Just trying to find out what the cause of the recent chain ban was.

Yeah was frozen about 2 weeks or so.
If that's the kind of "recent" you're looking for? lol.

#6 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 October 2010 - 09:16 PM

Also Thanks to the two of you for contributing! I hope we can get many more in here to get some solid data.

By that he doesn't mean he hopes you get iced or you go test the limits get iced and post here. :p

Post your past experiences if you remember them and any unfortunate events that happen in future. :(

#7 jaredennisclark

jaredennisclark
  • 838 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 10:34 PM

[snip] I have some thoughts as to what the trigger was for the mass icings, but in order for any changes to be made, they have to be confirmed.[snip]

Do you mind sharing what some of your current theories are on what caused this?

I have been AB'ing nearly every day for the past two weeks, 12+ hours a day in low-medium risk shops with some very risky settings and none of my mains or shells have been frozen. I'm hoping things stay that way.

#8 bumbar

bumbar
  • 38 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 11:55 PM

Wouldn't you also like data from people who AREN'T or haven't BEEN frozen (yet) ?

#9 jaredennisclark

jaredennisclark
  • 838 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 12:39 AM

I was NOT frozen. (as of 10/20)

Shops you AB in: Foods (2.5-5k profit), and Plushies (5-15k profit)

Refresh Time: 4.5-8.0 seconds

OCR Time: .6-.9

Haggle Time:
.5-1.3

Roughly how often do you AB?: Around 8-12 hours a day, 5-6 days a week.

Do you use the Igloo AB'er?
: No.

Browser: Firefox

Browser Version:

Do you use Browser Sync?: No.

Do you use any other programs?:
In the past week or so I started using three different autoplayers from this site. I used a proxy the entire time only to get three different trophies. Otherwise, No.

Have you been iced/chain-iced previously on your IP?
: Yes. I'm not sure whether to call it a chain-ice or not though. I had four accounts, three of which were accessed using this IP, and the last which was my main and accessed only through a proxy. After AB'ing in magic I woke up the next morning to find only one of my three shells were iced. Immediately after seeing this I logged into my main account successfully (using a proxy), only to click one time and was immediately logged off. Tried to log back on, and it was frozen. Iced? Chain-iced? You decide.

Any other information: Only that I'm actually quite surprised I've lasted as long as I have considering how often and aggressively I've been AB'ing the past month or so. I haven't lost a single account other than the two mentioned above. I really hope we can get to the bottom of this.

#10 fxckyouguys

fxckyouguys
  • 836 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 01:11 AM

I haven't even been able to log into Abrosia :/ Guess that's a good thing

#11 Kuraz

Kuraz
  • 546 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 01:50 AM

I was NOT frozen. I am not advanced member

Shops you AB in: Background, Bakery, Coins, Royal Potion and Merifood (I have my own AB list so I am borwsing the shops I have assigned)

Refresh Time: (default time)

OCR Time: (default time)

Haggle Time:
(default time)

Roughly how often do you AB?: everyday. on average 12 hour a day

Do you use the Igloo AB'er?
: yes

Browser: Firefox

Browser Version:

Do you use Browser Sync?: No.

#12 bumbar

bumbar
  • 38 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 02:11 AM

Sorry, you did mention it in the OP: "Were you frozen?"
My ABing has been extremely aggressive these past months.

Ok so here's my data:

Were you frozen?: No

Shops you AB in: Magic (mainly), Royal Potionary, Stamps
Refresh Time: 4-6.5
OCR time: 0.4-0.6
Haggle Time: 0.4-0.6

Roughly how many hours do you AB a day? a week? 6 hours a day (I leave it on as I sleep); about 2 times a week

Do you use the Igloo ABer if you get R/S banned?
yes

What version of that browser are you using? Latest

Do you use the Browser Sync option on ABrosia?
No

Do you use any other programs? (including programs from outside sources, including Score Sender) None except the auto-trainer.

Have you been iced/chain iced previously using your current IP address? If so, please specify iced or chain iced:
Yes, iced once for cheating on flash games. Chain iced for cheating on flash games again. After that, I never tried to cheat on flash games again (ie not worth it)... Trophies are just pixels anyway!

Please also include any other information you might feel is relevant. I am also surprised I'm not frozen yet. I've never been frozen ever again since my icing(flash game cheating) in 2005 I think. I made about 75m using the AB here. o.o; I shall consider taking a break to protect my main now. Also, I don't ab on any other account other than my main. I only have one main, no side accounts now LOL. I'll edit if I remember anymore vital info.

#13 shado

shado
  • 42 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 03:25 AM

Shops you AB in: books, stamps, food, and chocolate factory
Refresh Time: default
OCR time: default
Haggle Time: default

Roughly how many hours do you AB a day? a week? =p per account 2-4hrs

Do you use the Igloo ABer if you get R/S banned? no (but I do sometimes AB in just igloo)

What Browser are you using? FF

Do you use the Browser Sync option on ABrosia? no.but I don't play on the account which is abing

Do you use any other programs? (including programs from outside sources, including Score Sender) a money tree grabber once in awhile

Please also include any other information you might feel is relevant. eh when you get iced don't give up I made a few new shells yesterday in withhin 4hours of hardly playing my bank had 600knp and i'm well on my way of getting a 3yr+ shell to start playing on again

#14 Scot

Scot
  • ≡^ᴥ^≡

• 3935 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 October 2010 - 04:25 AM

The reason being;
It is often believed that targetting UB's for the 'get rich quick' value leads to faster icing, however targeting items that are buyable, ETS and still make decent profit seems to leave your accounts alive for a much much longer period of time.

This.
I use prehaggle .4-.7, OCR .5-.9 without being froze, ever.

#15 InsertRandomNameHere

InsertRandomNameHere
  • 340 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 05:58 AM

This.
I use prehaggle .4-.7, OCR .5-.9 without being froze, ever.

Sounds riek I nid ta stop ab-ing in magic, merifoods & teh other riskeh shopz :(

#16 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 October 2010 - 06:16 AM

Maybe people should also be mentioning how much luck they have in the shops they are restocking in...
How many UB's are you AB'ing a week, how many non-UB items are you AB'ing a week? Approx numbers only... if you are averaging 1 a day, say '5-10 per week'

The reason being;
It is often believed that targetting UB's for the 'get rich quick' value leads to faster icing, however targeting items that are buyable, ETS and still make decent profit seems to leave your accounts alive for a much much longer period of time.

I'd go so far as to say that focusing on smaller buyable items with a realistic buy time is as safe as restocking manually. From my experience you can safely do that for years (indefinitely?) without getting frozen for it.

#17 Puppetmaster

Puppetmaster
  • 905 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 09:32 AM

Were you frozen?: Yes :thumbsup:

Shops you AB in: Medicine
Refresh Time: 2.5-3.5
OCR time: 0.6-0.8
Haggle Time: 0.9-1.05

Roughly how many hours do you AB a day? a week? No more than 4 daily, less than 15 weekly. Usually less than an hour at a time, although I have let it go for as high as two hours at a time (very rarely)

Nope

What version of that browser are you using? 3.6.10

Do you use the Browser Sync option on ABrosia? Majority of the time.

Do you use any other programs? (including programs from outside sources, including Score Sender) NeonAP, very rarely. (like, averaging 2x/month)

Have you been iced/chain iced previously using your current IP address? If so, please specify iced or chain iced:
No

Please also include any other information you might feel is relevant. This ice was on a fairly new account, about 20 days old. This account did play games, follow the plot, etc. My account before this was iced several days before I started this one (ABing in Magic). This account did have two named sides frozen as well (named on my userpage), but two unofficial "sides" were untouched.

#18 Connery

Connery
  • 535 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 10:34 AM

Sorry, you did mention it in the OP: "Were you frozen?"
My ABing has been extremely aggressive these past months.

Ok so here's my data:

Were you frozen?: No

Shops you AB in: Magic (mainly), Royal Potionary, Stamps
Refresh Time: 4-6.5
OCR time: 0.4-0.6
Haggle Time: 0.4-0.6

Roughly how many hours do you AB a day? a week? 6 hours a day (I leave it on as I sleep); about 2 times a week

yes

No

Do you use any other programs? (including programs from outside sources, including Score Sender) None except the auto-trainer.

Yes, iced once for cheating on flash games. Chain iced for cheating on flash games again. After that, I never tried to cheat on flash games again (ie not worth it)... Trophies are just pixels anyway!

Please also include any other information you might feel is relevant. I am also surprised I'm not frozen yet. I've never been frozen ever again since my icing(flash game cheating) in 2005 I think. I made about 75m using the AB here. o.o; I shall consider taking a break to protect my main now. Also, I don't ab on any other account other than my main. I only have one main, no side accounts now LOL. I'll edit if I remember anymore vital info.

You're really fuckin' playing with fire, eh? xD I can't believe your account isn't frozen. o.o; Haha, you're breaking like, every rule of staying unfrozen (well, mainly just the rule of thumb to not leave it on while sleeping/extended period of time and some pretty quick rates). The profits are so sweet, though. @_@ I'm interested to see how long that account lasts.

Edited by Vendectus, 20 October 2010 - 11:36 AM.

#19 Gee

Gee
  • 498 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 11:33 AM

Were you frozen?: YES. On a shell.

Shops you AB in: On this shell, I AB'd in Magic and Stamps mostly.
Refresh Time: 4.8 - 8.0
OCR time: 1.2 - 1.3
Haggle Time: 1.0 - 1.4 I don't know, it's all messed up ok. Sometimes I lower it in Magic to obscene levels... I forgot the settings though
Roughly how many hours do you AB a day? a week? lol like 12 hours a day everyday, it just depends it could be 4-6 hours depending.

Yes

What Browser are you using? Chrome

Nope, I use a Macbook Pro so it doesn't give me that option

Do you use any other programs? (including programs from outside sources, including Score Sender) None

I was iced just this once because I left it on for like 2 days straight LOL.

Please also include any other information you might feel is relevant. I've been doing this for like 2 months (since I got ABrosia) and I haven't got iced since last week.

#20 fxckyouguys

fxckyouguys
  • 836 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 07:22 AM

When I ABd I would use the same settings as MrJon and i'd AB in a lot, just not magic, and I would also leave it on as I slept or when I went to school or whatever.
And i'm also still not frozen :D

Edited by oreo12, 21 October 2010 - 07:22 AM.

#21 jaredennisclark

jaredennisclark
  • 838 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 03:38 PM

Excuse me for going a little off-topic here, but have you came any closer to narrowing down exactly what caused the icings?

Edited by jaredennisclark, 23 October 2010 - 03:39 PM.

#22 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 October 2010 - 06:01 PM

Excuse me for going a little off-topic here, but have you came any closer to narrowing down exactly what caused the icings?

TNT

#23 jaredennisclark

jaredennisclark
  • 838 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 06:03 PM

TNT

:angry:

#24 DragonX

DragonX
  • 455 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 04:37 PM

Shops you AB in: Bookshop and furniture
Refresh Time: 8-10
OCR time: 0.9-1.3
Haggle Time: 0.9-1.3

Roughly how many hours do you AB a day? a week? 2-3 hours, 3-4 days a week. Sometimes more, sometimes less.

Do you use the Igloo ABer if you get R/S banned? Nope. I haven't gotten RS banned lately :p

What Browser are you using? FF

What version of that browser are you using? Uhh. The newest one.

Do you use the Browser Sync option on ABrosia? Yes.

Do you use any other programs? (including programs from outside sources, including Score Sender): sLAUGHTER's score sender and autoplayers from this site

Have you been iced/chain iced previously using your current IP address? If so, please specify iced or chain iced: Yes. Chain iced, before June. I was ABing quite agressively.... lol, I learned though :thumbsup:

#25 caritas

caritas
  • 18 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 02:35 PM

Your account has been frozen for cheating. Using any number of cheat programs (auto-refreshers, auto-buyers, auto-fillers, etc.), leaving objects on the F5 key, and cheating in our contests (including the Beauty Contest) are all examples of ways you can cheat on our site. Even using the auto-refresh feature or other browser-based programs and add-ons that play Neopets for you is considered cheating.

Allowing anyone else to access your account to play games, dailies, restock, or win you an avatar is also cheating.

Cheating is strictly against the Terms and Conditions that you agreed upon when you created your account. Because you have violated our Terms and Conditions we cannot return your account, Neopets, items or anything else contained within that account. You can review our terms and chat policies here: (http://www.neopets.com/terms.phtml and here: http://www.neopets.com/chatrules.phtml).

Summer K.

The Neopets Team

cheattt

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users