Quantcast

Photo

Official Topic! Come here if you recently were frozen!

• Please log in to reply
600 replies to this topic

#26 jaredennisclark

jaredennisclark
  • 838 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 02:49 PM

Your account has been frozen for cheating. Using any number of cheat programs (auto-refreshers, auto-buyers, auto-fillers, etc.), leaving objects on the F5 key, and cheating in our contests (including the Beauty Contest) are all examples of ways you can cheat on our site. Even using the auto-refresh feature or other browser-based programs and add-ons that play Neopets for you is considered cheating.

Allowing anyone else to access your account to play games, dailies, restock, or win you an avatar is also cheating.

Cheating is strictly against the Terms and Conditions that you agreed upon when you created your account. Because you have violated our Terms and Conditions we cannot return your account, Neopets, items or anything else contained within that account. You can review our terms and chat policies here: (http://www.neopets.com/terms.phtml and here: http://www.neopets.com/chatrules.phtml).

Summer K.

The Neopets Team

cheattt

Okay...???

#27 Connery

Connery
  • 535 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 05:48 PM

Your account has been frozen for cheating. Using any number of cheat programs (auto-refreshers, auto-buyers, auto-fillers, etc.), leaving objects on the F5 key, and cheating in our contests (including the Beauty Contest) are all examples of ways you can cheat on our site. Even using the auto-refresh feature or other browser-based programs and add-ons that play Neopets for you is considered cheating.

Allowing anyone else to access your account to play games, dailies, restock, or win you an avatar is also cheating.

Cheating is strictly against the Terms and Conditions that you agreed upon when you created your account. Because you have violated our Terms and Conditions we cannot return your account, Neopets, items or anything else contained within that account. You can review our terms and chat policies here: (http://www.neopets.com/terms.phtml and here: http://www.neopets.com/chatrules.phtml).

Summer K.

The Neopets Team

cheattt

Lol@leaving objects on the F5 key. I wonder who used that as their excuse, eh.

Edited by Vendectus, 27 October 2010 - 05:50 PM.

#28 leptooners

leptooners
  • 143 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 06:42 AM

Were you frozen?: Yes
Shops you AB in: 13
Refresh Time: 8 - 11 seconds
OCR time: 1 second
Haggle Time: 1 - 1.4 seconds
Roughly how many hours do you AB a day? a week? I AB about 3 to 7 hours a day, almost every day. Always at random times, with spaces in between.
Do you use the Igloo ABer if you get R/S banned? Yes
What Browser are you using? Firefox
What version of that browser are you using? Version 3.6.12
Do you use the Browser Sync option on ABrosia?
Yes. I always use it.
Do you use any other programs? I used a score sender a couple weeks ago, but I haven't used it since then and none of my scores were reviewed.
Have you been iced/chain iced previously using your current IP address? No

I don't know why my account was frozen. When I try to log in, it says, "Our Neopets Police cannot reveal why you were frozen. Please contact us by clicking here if you'd like more information.". Not sure what to think of that, so I filed a support ticket.

#29 Lucian

Lucian
  • 875 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 October 2010 - 06:49 AM

Were you frozen?: Yes :thumbsup:

Shops you AB in: Medicine
Refresh Time: 2.5-3.5
OCR time: 0.6-0.8
Haggle Time: 0.9-1.05

Roughly how many hours do you AB a day? a week? about 9h a day so that would be 63h a week

Do you use the Igloo ABer if you get R/S banned?
No

What version of that browser are you using? 3.6.10

Do you use the Browser Sync option on ABrosia? no

Do you use any other programs? (including programs from outside sources, including Score Sender) well the AB program was outside it was an AB add-on for FF

Have you been iced/chain iced previously using your current IP address? If so, please specify iced or chain iced:
No

Please also include any other information you might feel is relevant. my accounts were fairly new. i had 3-5 accounts that would AB at the same time and send all the profit to another account that I don't ab on. but still, that account was also frozen.

Edited by Juupon, 28 October 2010 - 06:50 AM.

#30 dnnb

dnnb
  • 17 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 05:47 PM

Shops you AB in: none
Refresh Time: n/a
OCR time: n/a
Haggle Time: n/a

Roughly how many hours do you AB a day? a week? none

Do you use the Igloo ABer if you get R/S banned? no

What Browser are you using? chrome

What version of that browser are you using? beta

Do you use any other programs? (including programs from outside sources, including Score Sender)
g15 keyboard and auto mouse clicker.

Have you been iced/chain iced previously using your current IP address? If so, please specify iced or chain iced:
no

Please also include any other information you might feel is relevant.
i had g15 keyboard to play tug-o-war for me and auto mouse clicker to play attack of the marbleman and buzzer game. i got 4200 on tugowar which was a bad idea. i don't know why they accept the review sometimes.

#31 Lucian

Lucian
  • 875 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 October 2010 - 08:43 PM

ouch. so you got banned because of those games?

#32 Plunk

Plunk
  • Official Neocodex Dollface

• 545 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 November 2010 - 07:35 AM

Four frozen accounts in one week.
My main:

Shops you AB in: Food, toys, pharmacy, Spooky Food, Stamps, Books.

Refresh Time: (default time)

OCR Time: (default time)

Haggle Time:
(default time)

Roughly how often do you AB?: Quite often, about 6 hours every few days.

Do you use the Igloo AB'er?
: yes

Browser: Firefox

Browser Version:

Do you use Browser Sync?: No.

Do you use any other programs? (including programs from outside sources, including Score Sender) Auto Trainer, SS.

Chain iced for cheating on flash games, made a new account, never used SS on that account, and got iced for cheating on flash games.

Please also include any other information you might feel is relevant. Started yet another account today. Will post if it's iced as well.

#33 jaredennisclark

jaredennisclark
  • 838 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 09:43 AM

Is there any cut-off point to when you want this data to stop? How long does 'recently' last?

#34 Lucian

Lucian
  • 875 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 November 2010 - 01:47 PM

Four frozen accounts in one week.
My main:

Shops you AB in: Food, toys, pharmacy, Spooky Food, Stamps, Books.

Refresh Time: (default time)

OCR Time: (default time)

Haggle Time:
(default time)

Roughly how often do you AB?: Quite often, about 6 hours every few days.

Do you use the Igloo AB'er?
: yes

Browser: Firefox

Browser Version:

Do you use Browser Sync?: No.

Do you use any other programs? (including programs from outside sources, including Score Sender) Auto Trainer, SS.

Chain iced for cheating on flash games, made a new account, never used SS on that account, and got iced for cheating on flash games.

Please also include any other information you might feel is relevant. Started yet another account today. Will post if it's iced as well.

Were you using an AB with all four of your acc? And at the same time?

#35 jaredennisclark

jaredennisclark
  • 838 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 01:53 PM

Were you using an AB with all four of your acc? And at the same time?

For what it may be worth to you, I've been AB'ing on 3-4 accounts at the same time everyday for nearly a month now and I'm just fine. I'm in low-profit, low-risk shops though.

#36 Lucian

Lucian
  • 875 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 November 2010 - 01:57 PM

That's how it usually is. Until you get banned. I use to run three/four accounts running an AB in the pharmacy grabbing almost everything that got RS. It was probably due to my AB settings but none the less this went on for about 2 months until I got banned.

#37 jaredennisclark

jaredennisclark
  • 838 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 02:13 PM

That's how it usually is. Until you get banned. I use to run three/four accounts running an AB in the pharmacy grabbing almost everything that got RS. It was probably due to my AB settings but none the less this went on for about 2 months until I got banned.

My guess is that it's random whether or not they catch you. The second their system locks onto my IP and monitors my buying, I'll be chain-frozen guaranteed. Fine by me considering I have dozens of shells lined up and I've taken some pretty careful precautions to ensure my main is not connected to either my IP or my shells.

Freezings are inevitable.

#38 Lucian

Lucian
  • 875 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 November 2010 - 02:18 PM

Well how do you transfer funds you make onto your main? Or do you have a separate account for everything like a BD acc, a Storage acc, then your main?

#39 jaredennisclark

jaredennisclark
  • 838 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 02:20 PM

Well how do you transfer funds you make onto your main? Or do you have a separate account for everything like a BD acc, a Storage acc, then your main?

I'd rather not get into specifics, but I actually have 3 accounts I consider 'mains'. One I log into maybe once a week, the other around once a month, and the last which is a very aged account I last logged into maybe two months ago? I slowly funnel my valuables/pure up through each layer of these accounts finally ending with my final aged account. So far it has worked a charm. On my last chain freezing only my first-layer main was caught and iced, and my second two survived with about 2/3 of my net worth intact.

Edited by jaredennisclark, 01 November 2010 - 02:22 PM.

#40 Lucian

Lucian
  • 875 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 November 2010 - 02:25 PM

Wow sounds pretty complicating. If you don't mind I'd like to give acc layering a try for myself. Thanks for sharing.

#41 Sammiantha

Sammiantha
  • 498 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 12:38 AM

Shops you AB in: Don't AB.
Refresh Time: N/A
OCR time: N/A
Haggle Time: N/A

Roughly how many hours do you AB a day? a week?

Do you use the Igloo ABer if you get R/S banned?

What Browser are you using?

What version of that browser are you using?

Do you use the Browser Sync option on ABrosia?

Do you use any other programs? (including programs from outside sources, including Score Sender)
Scoresender

Have you been iced/chain iced previously using your current IP address? If so, please specify iced or chain iced: No.

So I logged in this morning and it said "frozen for cheating on flash games". Fair enough. Thing I don't understand is that I didn't use the scoresender yesterday, and the only score I sent the day before - using timed settings, should have been fairly safe. I intended to get reviewed on the score as was going after a trophy, got the trophy and then got frozen two days later.

#42 bakedpotato

bakedpotato
  • 153 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 12:45 AM

I'd rather not get into specifics, but I actually have 3 accounts I consider 'mains'. One I log into maybe once a week, the other around once a month, and the last which is a very aged account I last logged into maybe two months ago? I slowly funnel my valuables/pure up through each layer of these accounts finally ending with my final aged account. So far it has worked a charm. On my last chain freezing only my first-layer main was caught and iced, and my second two survived with about 2/3 of my net worth intact.

That sounds like a really good idea, it's been somewhat working for me i think, well i haven't got frozen yet but i think when i do get hit i got accounts that aren't at all connected. I'm just hoping my method of transferring NP and items isn't too traceable. I do a lot of extra dumb trades and offer on random shit on trades and set up trades with random shit and accept whatever, just to seem more normal than just 800k np being dumped in at a time per trade for some worthless items and nothing else

#43 Slawter

Slawter
  • 26 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 02:08 AM

Has anybody noticed that from all the data submitted so far, with a couple of exception were using firefox? The first exception was ABing in Magic which kinda explains it and the other was not ABing at all :/

#44 Sammiantha

Sammiantha
  • 498 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 02:22 AM

Has anybody noticed that from all the data submitted so far, with a couple of exception were using firefox? The first exception was ABing in Magic which kinda explains it and the other was not ABing at all :/

True. I was using firefox also.

#45 jaredennisclark

jaredennisclark
  • 838 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 09:40 AM

Are you suggesting that using Firefox is directly correlated with being frozen? I really don't see how it could be.
It is a very popular browser.

Edited by jaredennisclark, 02 November 2010 - 09:41 AM.

#46 myob12345

myob12345
  • 49 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 09:50 AM

you can't really identify causality purely based on the submitted data because firefox is just a really popular browser.

for example, if your sample consists of 90% of people using firefox and 10% using other browsers, then naturally, those who are frozen will have a tendency towards being firefox users. basically you'd need a bigger, less biased sample to draw that conclusion, or set up a test specifically for firefox vs. other browser (using the exact same stats/times/shops/activity/etc.)

Edited by myob12345, 02 November 2010 - 09:52 AM.

#47 jaredennisclark

jaredennisclark
  • 838 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 10:23 AM

you can't really identify causality purely based on the submitted data because firefox is just a really popular browser.

for example, if your sample consists of 90% of people using firefox and 10% using other browsers, then naturally, those who are frozen will have a tendency towards being firefox users. basically you'd need a bigger, less biased sample to draw that conclusion, or set up a test specifically for firefox vs. other browser (using the exact same stats/times/shops/activity/etc.)

Not to mention that at least half of these reports occurred after the initial mass-freezings this topic was created for.

You cannot imply from 4-5 pieces of data that just so happened to have been using Firefox that it is the reason for the freezings. Correlation =/= Causation. Firefox is safe.

#48 Slawter

Slawter
  • 26 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 02:15 PM

Probably just a conicidence but my side just got frozen, and it was my very first time using Abrosia with my browser set to firefox :/ I'll post the data in a minute.

You cannot imply from 4-5 pieces of data that just so happened to have been using Firefox that it is the reason for the freezings

And i wasn't implying anything i was making a simple observation, if i tohught it was the reason i would have said so.

Shops you AB in: clothes/food
Refresh Time: default
OCR time: default
Haggle Time: default

Roughly how many hours do you AB a day? a week? 7 hours (1 hour per day)

Do you use the Igloo ABer if you get R/S banned? no

What version of that browser are you using? latest downloadable

Do you use any other programs? (including programs from outside sources, including Score Sender) none

Have you been iced/chain iced previously using your current IP address? If so, please specify iced or chain iced: no

Edited by Slawter, 02 November 2010 - 02:19 PM.

#49 Lucian

Lucian
  • 875 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 November 2010 - 10:00 PM

Not to mention that at least half of these reports occurred after the initial mass-freezings this topic was created for.

You cannot imply from 4-5 pieces of data that just so happened to have been using Firefox that it is the reason for the freezings. Correlation =/= Causation. Firefox is safe.

I tried that ACC Layering. It didn't work for me. I guess It would be better if I had proxies to back them up. But I have no idea on how to use one lol.

#50 jaredennisclark

jaredennisclark
  • 838 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 10:15 PM

I tried that ACC Layering. It didn't work for me. I guess It would be better if I had proxies to back them up. But I have no idea on how to use one lol.

It's sort of pointless without proxies.. O.o

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users