Photo

Shape Shifter Solver Released.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
102 replies to this topic

#51 bellicose

bellicose
  • 24 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 08:11 PM

I mean, I thought you guys were awesome, but I did not realize exactly how awesome you were. Until now. (Holy music starts playing)

#52 CyberMew

CyberMew
  • 183 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 11:22 PM

why is there a black dos screen popping up when starting each level?

#53 iomega

iomega
  • 1070 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 November 2010 - 01:55 AM

hmm there doesn't seem to be an error tracker for this so...
Exception in thread Thread-5:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "threading.pyo", line 486, in __bootstrap_inner
  File "Shapeshifter.py", line 210, in run
  File "<string>", line 0

^
SyntaxError: unexpected EOF while parsing

Exception in thread Thread-3:
  File "<string>", line 0

^

anything to be worried about?

#54 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 November 2010 - 02:37 AM

why is there a black dos screen popping up when starting each level?

Its part of the parsing method. Windows doesn't handle it very properly :(

hmm there doesn't seem to be an error tracker for this so...

Exception in thread Thread-5:
  File "<string>", line 0

^

Exception in thread Thread-3:
  File "<string>", line 0

^

anything to be worried about?

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh *Stares Blankly*

Does it still solve?

#55 iomega

iomega
  • 1070 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 November 2010 - 02:44 AM

dunno. i kept the program running for around 45mins and nothing happened.
tbh, i think it may have been my fault. after i waited and jack-all happened i closed the command line, so that may be the error that i got.

#56 CyberMew

CyberMew
  • 183 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 02:46 AM

does it stop after it reach the maximum np earn?

#57 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 November 2010 - 02:47 AM

dunno. i kept the program running for around 45mins and nothing happened.
tbh, i think it may have been my fault. after i waited and jack-all happened i closed the command line, so that may be the error that i got.

Yeah. No killing the processing part :p.

The program works in two parts inorder to be able to function properly. One part of the program gets the pieces, and simulates the playing field, the other part gives an answer.

This way, we pull the board, ask the second part of an answer, it runs through, comes up with an answer, the first part fake plays the answer, if it doesnt work, it asks again. :p. Much better then an ordinary brute force method.

#58 iomega

iomega
  • 1070 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 November 2010 - 02:55 AM

does it stop after it reach the maximum np earn?

neopets doesnt let you play on after you reach the max nps for the day

Yeah. No killing the processing part :p.

The program works in two parts inorder to be able to function properly. One part of the program gets the pieces, and simulates the playing field, the other part gives an answer.

This way, we pull the board, ask the second part of an answer, it runs through, comes up with an answer, the first part fake plays the answer, if it doesnt work, it asks again. :p. Much better then an ordinary brute force method.

That's what i figured. It's just that the UI said the status was "navigating to shapeshifter" so i thought that the program had encountered an error somewhere.
thanks for the help, iargue :)

#59 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 November 2010 - 03:41 AM

neopets doesnt let you play on after you reach the max nps for the day

That's what i figured. It's just that the UI said the status was "navigating to shapeshifter" so i thought that the program had encountered an error somewhere.
thanks for the help, iargue :)

Its only because you have a hot girl as your picture.

#60 aneoguy

aneoguy
  • 397 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 10:15 AM

Wow this is good :D

#61 EmperoR

EmperoR
  • 170 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 11:26 AM

I am so excited to try the revised version. I will need to wait until my post reaches 310 so that it will play one more level.
Do you know how long it will take to finish 1 level (in 31 - 50 level range)?

#62 aneoguy

aneoguy
  • 397 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 11:28 AM

I am so excited to try the revised version. I will need to wait until my post reaches 310 so that it will play one more level.

im at level 10 and it takes about 10-15s.. so i can not immagine it taking that long.. either way would be much more easier than the legit way ;)

#63 alphadark

alphadark
  • 277 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 02:02 PM

I hope you can fix the problem soon :)

#64 iomega

iomega
  • 1070 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 November 2010 - 02:33 PM

It took 66mins to complete 2 levels in that range. It then completed the next 3 in under 15mins.

#65 alphadark

alphadark
  • 277 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 05:10 PM

It took 66mins to complete 2 levels in that range. It then completed the next 3 in under 15mins.

Guess how long it takes sometimes depends on luck in getting easier puzzle

#66 somknight

somknight
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 10:30 PM

Not sure if its a problem on my end but its only completing six puzzles then saying "this is the maximum amount allowed to be completed by neocodex"
i thought this might be cos i dont post much but i am an advanced member. Any ideas?

#67 iomega

iomega
  • 1070 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 November 2010 - 10:42 PM

This program is restricted by your post count. It will only solve up to the level of your post count divided by 10. So if your post count is 500, it will solve to level 50. If your post count is 50, it will solve to level 5.

#68 Kway

Kway
  • Proud to be a Brony

• 1242 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 November 2010 - 10:52 PM

Not sure if its a problem on my end but its only completing six puzzles then saying "this is the maximum amount allowed to be completed by neocodex"
i thought this might be cos i dont post much but i am an advanced member. Any ideas?

There is a limit on all Advanced Members and under. Unless you are a programmer, retired member, admin, etc, the highest it will go is level 6 or your post count divided by 10 (which ever is higher so people can get their avatar).

Since this program doesn't return anything to the community (besides trashing the high scores), I came to the decision that it will be limited by post count (1000 posts are required in order to beat level 100) and the other programmers and admins agreed it is a good idea.

I also like how you only have 1 post in 2 years. If you really want the limits removed, feel free to harass me for the password to bypass the limits.

#69 somknight

somknight
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 11:27 PM

Yes but unless i am mistaken when i got advanced member it said "unrestricted programs" wouldnt that include this? Alsoi i only have like 3 posts, so wouldnt it solve less than one puzzle? I still dont get it :p

And yeah. I join aggeees ago. but soon after quit neopets. Only just started again like a week ago. But fair enough with the post count thing. Makes sense.

Not quite sure what the advantages of advanced member are yet as i couldnt really see a huge change to the forums and theres a few minor differences to Ambrosia.

But im happy to donate to the community anyway, its clear the all work hard :)

#70 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 November 2010 - 03:50 AM

Yes but unless i am mistaken when i got advanced member it said "unrestricted programs" wouldnt that include this? Alsoi i only have like 3 posts, so wouldnt it solve less than one puzzle? I still dont get it :p

And yeah. I join aggeees ago. but soon after quit neopets. Only just started again like a week ago. But fair enough with the post count thing. Makes sense.

Not quite sure what the advantages of advanced member are yet as i couldnt really see a huge change to the forums and theres a few minor differences to Ambrosia.

But im happy to donate to the community anyway, its clear the all work hard :)

The unrestricted access means that you get full access to the programs which distinguish between Advanced Members and regular Members (like how Abrosia gives you certain extra functions if you're an Advanced Member). And we should have some more programs available around Christmas time. ;)

#71 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 November 2010 - 07:48 AM

we should have some more programs available around Christmas time. ;)

:drool::heart::yahoo: :)

I'm going to add a few words so it's not spam. But in all srznz, I think making more programs advanced would make people post more, instead of just Abrosia :o Like the AA'er :p

#72 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 November 2010 - 12:01 AM

I'm going to add a few words so it's not spam. But in all srznz, I think making more programs advanced would make people post more, instead of just Abrosia :o Like the AA'er :p

Yes, we know. We talk about it all the time but we all have busy lives right now. :p

#73 Kway

Kway
  • Proud to be a Brony

• 1242 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 November 2010 - 12:08 AM

Why would people post more when they could just buy advanced? Posted Image

#74 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 November 2010 - 01:04 AM

Why would people post more when they could just buy advanced? Posted Image

Not everyone wants to donate $5 I guess. :p Times are hard. :p

#75 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 November 2010 - 03:24 AM

Not everyone wants to donate $5 I guess. :p Times are hard. :p

But if they purchase a 6 months subscription they get it for the low, low price of only $3 per month!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users