• Please log in to reply
202 replies to this topic

#76 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 January 2011 - 12:03 PM

Yeah. I got a few soaps. And I'd recommend Neovian Press or the Ice Food Shop. For some reason I can get good stuff there despite having some high items. Neovian Press only like two or three but still semi-decent.

i have never gotten anything really good from ice food shop. I really wouldn't recommend it. And Neovian press also...

Are you trying to lead him astray or something? O.o

#77 Wil

Wil
  • 200 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 12:06 PM

i have never gotten anything really good from ice food shop. I really wouldn't recommend it. And Neovian press also...

Are you trying to lead him astray or something? O.o

I'm actually not. Do I really have that good of a freak luck to get profit from crap shops? Remember, I also RSed a ZDAP the first time I went to plushie palace.

#78 Dreww

Dreww
  • 552 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 12:33 PM

I'm actually not. Do I really have that good of a freak luck to get profit from crap shops? Remember, I also RSed a ZDAP the first time I went to plushie palace.

I've had luck in Icy Food as well before. The cheaper stuff is plentiful enough that it acts almost like Spooky Foods, but with a bunch of magical chia pops worth tens of millions. I think the last pea pop went for 40m or so.

#79 jaredennisclark

jaredennisclark
  • 838 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 01:17 PM

I doubt you'll see many UB's come from Bakery though. If you want UB's from a low-profit shop, go to Foods. Even there they're pretty rare though.

Grabbed an UB worth ~500k from foods just now actually. Speak of the devil! :thumbsup:

I'm guessing it'll take me at least three weeks to sell. T_T

Yeah. I got a few soaps. And I'd recommend Neovian Press or the Ice Food Shop. For some reason I can get good stuff there despite having some high items. Neovian Press only like two or three but still semi-decent.

I think our ideas of 'profitable' items are a little different. :p

The press stocks items worth max 30k profit, and icy snow shop just can't keep up with Foods or Bakery when it comes to profitable items.
By the time you manage to grab your aubergine chia pop, I'll bet I've made twice that from low-profits in the mean time. :p

Much lower freeze-rate as well.

#80 Roxi

Roxi
  • 499 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 01:24 PM

The best I've gotten so far is a wearable worth 200K. I don't have the best of luck with ABing. Usually I don't get anything all day.

#81 Ziz

Ziz
  • 936 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 01:42 PM

I think our ideas of 'profitable' items are a little different. :p

The press stocks items worth max 30k profit, and icy snow shop just can't keep up with Foods or Bakery when it comes to profitable items.
By the time you manage to grab your aubergine chia pop, I'll bet I've made twice that from low-profits in the mean time. :p

Much lower freeze-rate as well.

I agree with you in that, it's more epic to say "I ABed 50 million and I'm still not frozen" than "I ABed two T-Tears and just got frozen :("
But most people new to ABing don't think that way, until they get frozen.

#82 CuriousOyster

CuriousOyster
  • 371 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 02:06 PM

Damn.. looks like I gotta start abing somewhere other than the food shop.
Sadly I think the best thing I've ever ab'd was an extra thick goggles ):

#83 Wil

Wil
  • 200 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 03:08 PM

*shrugs*

I'd rather AB the whole day and only get a profit of 300K instead of 500K and getting iced. That's just me.

The only place I haven't ABed is Booktastic Books and Faerieland stores. Anything worth grabbing in Faerieland?

#84 Dreww

Dreww
  • 552 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 03:11 PM

*shrugs*

I'd rather AB the whole day and only get a profit of 300K instead of 500K and getting iced. That's just me.

The only place I haven't ABed is Booktastic Books and Faerieland stores. Anything worth grabbing in Faerieland?

Faerie petpets and furniture are alright if you like mid to high profits. Not so much if you like small stuff.

#85 Roxi

Roxi
  • 499 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 03:13 PM

I dunno. I'm fine with simple UBs. They're more frequent than things like ZDAP, and there's a much lower freeze rate. So overall it's probably more profitable to get several items worth 100k-200k than one item worth 6mil that may sit in trades forever. That's my opinion, though.

#86 Wil

Wil
  • 200 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 03:18 PM

I dunno. I'm fine with simple UBs. They're more frequent than things like ZDAP, and there's a much lower freeze rate. So overall it's probably more profitable to get several items worth 100k-200k than one item worth 6mil that may sit in trades forever. That's my opinion, though.

Qouted for truth. The UBs worth 6M only sell for like 1M due to those damn resellers.

Anyway, I might just try to AB in Booktastic Books for a while. I got like 15 Medicinal Scrambled Eggs in like the past 5 hours at the pharmacy.

#87 CuriousOyster

CuriousOyster
  • 371 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 03:31 PM

Qouted for truth. The UBs worth 6M only sell for like 1M due to those damn resellers.

Anyway, I might just try to AB in Booktastic Books for a while. I got like 15 Medicinal Scrambled Eggs in like the past 5 hours at the pharmacy.

I seem to get a lot of items pharmacy too (:
Unnfortunately, all the items in the pharmacy seem to be deflating for some reason. Last month I could sell my medicinal soaps for 25k+ now I can barely sellem for 15k.
Not to mention the goggles!
Last month I was selling them for 250k each..
Now all I can get for them is like 100-150k fml.
I give up on the pharmacy -.-

#88 Ziz

Ziz
  • 936 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 03:38 PM

I seem to get a lot of items pharmacy too (:
Unnfortunately, all the items in the pharmacy seem to be deflating for some reason. Last month I could sell my medicinal soaps for 25k+ now I can barely sellem for 15k.
Not to mention the goggles!
Last month I was selling them for 250k each..
Now all I can get for them is like 100-150k fml.
I give up on the pharmacy -.-

Blame the healing springs, or maybe it s just the fact that the legit players are not playing as frequently as during vacations.
Vacations are the best season for neopets. More people playing means shop stocking a little more, more buyers, more friends online...

#89 Roxi

Roxi
  • 499 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 04:32 PM

A month ago the healing springs were down, so people had to buy medicinal items more than usual. Since the springs are back up, it's no wonder prices have deflated.

#90 Kido

Kido
  • 1046 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 04:35 PM

The googles were inflated like crazy because the apple bobbing gave out the blurry vision and people needed to get their pets healed to battle for the plot. Now that they've released a new avatar it might still be pretty high but probably not as high as before

#91 Coiffure

Coiffure
  • 17 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 05:25 PM

The Icy Food Shop blows... seriously. I'd leave Abrosia on for 90 minutes twice a day, and I get around 3 items, if I'm lucky.

Sooooooooo now I'm trying to find another shop to AB in... do you think it's safe to AB in Magical Bookshop, if I'm just shooting for low-profit items?

#92 Roxi

Roxi
  • 499 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 05:30 PM

If you do it right and you don't stay in there too long or too often, you should be ok. No complete guarantees though.

#93 Coiffure

Coiffure
  • 17 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 05:34 PM

Alrighty... I'll use common sense ;)

But really, TNT, I'm just ABing RSing some 1-10k profit books... nothing suspicious here!

Edited by Coiffure, 20 January 2011 - 05:35 PM.

#94 CuriousOyster

CuriousOyster
  • 371 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 05:36 PM

The googles were inflated like crazy because the apple bobbing gave out the blurry vision and people needed to get their pets healed to battle for the plot. Now that they've released a new avatar it might still be pretty high but probably not as high as before

Oh, I had no idea apple bobbing gave out blurry vision (I've never gotten it)
But thanks this information really helps me understand why I've been lackin profit for the past few weeks :p

#95 Roxi

Roxi
  • 499 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 05:45 PM

I'm actually pretty surprised it's deflating considering so many people are trying to get the avatar. Stupid randoms...

#96 Ziz

Ziz
  • 936 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 06:53 PM

I'm actually pretty surprised it's deflating considering so many people are trying to get the avatar. Stupid randoms...

Bless the randoms, because they are the biggest source of disease to neopets and that makes the pharmacy keep being a decent source of Np.

#97 Wil

Wil
  • 200 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 06:56 PM

Actually, it looks like medicine is bumping up in price. Slowly but surely. I imagine that everyone remembers how stupid the healing spring is when it gives you a Healing Potion I when you really need to cure a disease.

#98 Roxi

Roxi
  • 499 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 07:04 PM

When you look at it at a buyer's standpoint, you're right. Randoms are awesome. When it comes to getting avatars... no. That's a different discussion, however. To keep on topic, my latest AB success was a snowager TCG. Only worth about 110k, but it's better than nothing.

#99 googlehead

googlehead
  • 162 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 11:50 PM

About a year ago I AB'd a stamp (no clue which one) worth 6m and sold for 4m. Not a big fan of the items worth multiple millions, usually a pain to move.

#100 sherm

sherm
  • 143 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 February 2011 - 04:31 PM

oh man. just started AB'ing and Vanilla-Dipped Chocolate Biscotti was my first. hail these AB's Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users