Quantcast

If you don't speak English, stay the hell out of America, seriously!

• Please log in to reply
361 replies to this topic

#326 Shampoo

Shampoo
  • 295 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 05:07 PM

If I can identify the ignorance blathered in your first post jcrgirl, why can't you?

perhaps jcrgirl hasn't been quite as indoctrinated with white guilt as you

#327 supertrap

supertrap
  • 149 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 05:09 PM

Give me your tired sick hungry, ect.

America was founded on immigrants.

Disgusting attitude. I agree that customer service jobs in areas were most speak english should be held by people who speak english. But as for the Chinese, mexican, ect neighborhoods, do you think they want to live there? Majority of them live there because its what they can afford. Theres a reason why those areas are immigrant populated.

Edited by supertrap, 20 October 2011 - 05:13 PM.

#328 Jakerz

Jakerz
  • 1764 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 06:06 PM

Topic makes me sick to my stomach tbh.. It should be their choice whether they want to learn English or not. If you think a neighborhood has become "so fucking annoying" because there's too many Chinese speaking immigrants now, get a new job and stay out of the neighborhood.

#329 Guest_jcrgirl_*

Guest_jcrgirl_*

Posted 23 October 2011 - 08:00 PM

lol either that or I tl;dr this thread

my opinion still stands
until my chinese and mexican neighbors decide to
a) slaughter us english speaking folk
b) learn english and pay taxes

btw who the fuck keeps grave-digging this thread
its so old I dont even remember what i wrote in it

#330 Sida

Sida
  • Tsvetesman

• 3865 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 06:26 AM

Haha jcrgirl what an arrogant waste of life.

#331 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 October 2011 - 06:35 AM

I think she's cute. Posted Image

#332 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 October 2011 - 08:45 AM

Basically you're a foreigner and butt-hurt not everyone bends over backwards for political correctness.

#333 Sida

Sida
  • Tsvetesman

• 3865 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 08:59 AM

Basically you're a foreigner and butt-hurt not everyone bends over backwards for political correctness.

I'm from England. I speak only English. I'm a placement student in Germany right now and cannot speak a word of it. You going to tell me to go home and learn German before I come back? My answer would be "Haha, fuck off".

#334 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 October 2011 - 12:10 PM

I'm from England. I speak only English. I'm a placement student in Germany right now and cannot speak a word of it. You going to tell me to go home and learn German before I come back? My answer would be "Haha, fuck off".

^no because I've read through the topic and know what it's main debate is. It's about integration, which language is a large form of. It's not really applicable to people on "holiday".

#335 Sida

Sida
  • Tsvetesman

• 3865 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 12:13 PM

^no because I've read through the topic and know what it's main debate is. It's about integration, which language is a large form of. It's not really applicable to people on "holiday".

Then you're as arrogant as she is.

#336 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 October 2011 - 02:03 PM

No shit. Now make a valid point or leave the debate area. You could say you're an "arrogant waste of bandwidth".

#337 Sida

Sida
  • Tsvetesman

• 3865 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 02:16 PM

No shit. Now make a valid point or leave the debate area. You could say you're an "arrogant waste of bandwidth".

You're wasting just as much as me.

*Waits for "omfg now I'll rage and act like a total douche like I've done in all my other posts because I think I look cool"* response.

#338 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 October 2011 - 02:25 PM

^^ Posted Image @ u 2
Srsly.

#339 Jakerz

Jakerz
  • 1764 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 03:12 PM

Then you're as arrogant as she is.

Sounds like a valid point to me :thumbsup:

#340 onethreezerotwo

onethreezerotwo
  • 82 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 09:16 PM

I can never take your posts seriously with your sig...

#341 gummis

gummis
  • 58 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 October 2011 - 12:48 AM

Until we get an official language, I think all the immigrants can say screw it! My grandma speaks English fluently, and I mean in proper grammatical syntax and everything but I still have to translate for her cause her accent is thick. Hell some of the white guys I've dated don't understand what my mom says even though she's been in this country longer than I've been alive and has a master's degree in English because of the accent. How's about this, instead of making everyone speak English, we start paying people who understand heavy accents the same as if they knew two languages!

#342 Kraftwerk

Kraftwerk
  • 187 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 December 2011 - 09:12 PM

Lol USA is a country of european immigrants who treated the indians (the ones who really owned the land) as shit, who are still considered as animals with their "protected areas", and you still complain about other people migrating there. :/

I mean it's not like people think USA is awesome and go there for fun, they need it and have no other option to survive but leaving their own country.

#343 Jake

Jake
  • 2701 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 12:25 PM

Lol USA is a country of european immigrants who treated the indians (the ones who really owned the land) as shit, who are still considered as animals with their "protected areas", and you still complain about other people migrating there. :/

I mean it's not like people think USA is awesome and go there for fun, they need it and have no other option to survive but leaving their own country.

Stop bringing this thread back from the grave damn you! It was gone for 2 months and it should stay hidden, but while I'm here to chastise you I will secretly comment on your blind ass opinion.

'they need it and have no other option to survive but leaving their own country'

I feel so bad for them! Fuck if their country was so bad and they had to leave, ditch the memories of their putrid past and learn some damn English. Everyone can refer to the Native Indians who lived in North America but the fact of the matter is that was then; this is now. If you'd like I'm sure we can agree that this was not their own land as well, no one's land is their own. We have grown and adapted to what we see fit and should keep things like it is. Asians have their section. Blacks have theirs. Spaniards have theirs. Give the white some fucking room :)

#344 erikk

erikk
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 11:46 AM

If English were the official language of the united states, I would agree with you. But, it isn't. There is no official language of the United States. So much of what makes the US a great place is freedom, such as freedom of speech, and that would sound a little awkward if the constitution gave the right of freedom of speech as long as you speak English.

#345 Aarpm

Aarpm
  • 92 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 11:58 AM

No, the Indians did not own any land, they lived off it.

#346 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 January 2012 - 01:45 PM

If English were the official language of the united states, I would agree with you. But, it isn't. There is no official language of the United States. So much of what makes the US a great place is freedom, such as freedom of speech, and that would sound a little awkward if the constitution gave the right of freedom of speech as long as you speak English.

Well, this is partly because of how our country was founded (piecemeal by multiple nation-states) and partly because it's become increasingly difficult to get anything through congress without fifty riders/amendments added to it. The bill to make English the official language comes up almost every session.

Did you know this actually costs the Federal government money? US citizens have the right to get any official federal form (and most federally published documents) in a language that they understand. The government employs thousands of translators because not only do we have to translate into Spanish, French and Chinese, but Azeri, Tajik, Afrikaans and Icelandic. How many native speakers of those languages do we have in the US? Not enough to justify the cost. That is why this issue will never go away - because it actually affects tax payers.

No, the Indians did not own any land, they lived off it.

Rather, they had no concept of ownership, at least when it came to land.

#347 Jake

Jake
  • 2701 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 10:16 AM

I'm speaking for Canada, meng.

#348 havocide3

havocide3
  • 214 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 06:04 PM

If I go to a store and can't complete a basic transaction without speaking another language, that should be a crime. Everybody should know enough English to get by. If the grammar is wrong but you can still understand what they're saying, that's fine.

#349 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 January 2012 - 06:40 PM

If I go to a store and can't complete a basic transaction without speaking another language, that should be a crime. Everybody should know enough English to get by. If the grammar is wrong but you can still understand what they're saying, that's fine.

DON'T SPEAK ENGLISH? MAXIMUM SECURITY!

#350 sarcastiiclove

sarcastiiclove
  • 116 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 07:32 PM

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users