• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#26 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 March 2011 - 05:08 AM

i just find it weird that it's priced more expensive than the wii, their home console system.

The Wii was the same price at launch, I remember paying upwards to 300 bucks for everything after taxes kicked in and everything, the only reason the Wii is cheaper now is because it's old and dated compared to the 3DS.

#27 ArticTheTiger

ArticTheTiger
  • 1318 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 05:12 AM

This is just the same but '3D' when half the games look the same, yet you guys are paying $200 more.

Ignorant. You should read up on the subject you're trying to debate about.

Gyroscope, Accelerometer, 3D camera's (which need to be aligned perfectly, manufacturing costs), Analog circle pad, More RAM, better ARM processor, yes, a 3D screen (which is still a huge thing)

You are not paying for the same at all. This thing runs Unreal engine 2.5 (granted, it's not 3, but at least Nintendo is getting with it. )

#28 Blackout

Blackout
  • 411 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 05:17 AM

I've had a single DS from when it was released 6 years ago, I haven't "been brainwashed" into buying each new model whenever it came out, and with all the games I want coming out of for the 3DS, I'm going to buy one anyways.

You came in and said "the 3DS was shit, don't buy it, you're wasting you money" basically, instead of just disagreeing with my opinion and buggering off, so you're not one much else to talk.

Okay buy the shit.

#29 jonahfinn

jonahfinn
  • 1006 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 05:23 AM

Ignorant. You should read up on the subject you're trying to debate about.

Gyroscope, Accelerometer, 3D camera's (which need to be aligned perfectly, manufacturing costs), Analog circle pad, More RAM, better ARM processor, yes, a 3D screen (which is still a huge thing)

You are not paying for the same at all. This thing runs Unreal engine 2.5 (granted, it's not 3, but at least Nintendo is getting with it. )

well said, the only drawback to all those functions is the limited battery life. of 3-5 hours now.
You can't really take it out on road trips without a charger anymore. I like my Ds lite's trusty 15+ hours.

#30 ArticTheTiger

ArticTheTiger
  • 1318 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 05:25 AM

well said, the only drawback to all those functions is the limited battery life. of 3-5 hours now.
You can't really take it out on road trips without a charger anymore. I like my Ds lite's trusty 15+ hours.

The Nyko Battery is a third party battery that doubles the lifespan on it. There is also a third party dock that has an internal battery which allows you to recharge your 3ds while you travel ;)

#31 jonahfinn

jonahfinn
  • 1006 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 05:52 AM

The Nyko Battery is a third party battery that doubles the lifespan on it. There is also a third party dock that has an internal battery which allows you to recharge your 3ds while you travel ;)

haha, someone's been doing their homework. I'm all for the 3DS now. I've never heard of the company before, so I'd most likely need to import them.

#32 Formaldehyde

Formaldehyde
  • 366 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 12:53 PM

Nintendo 3DS came out today in Canada! I would buy it but I'm not willing to pay the steep pricetag ($250 CAD) :(

#33 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 March 2011 - 01:01 PM

Nintendo 3DS came out today in Canada! I would buy it but I'm not willing to pay the steep pricetag ($250 CAD) :(

You're going to be waiting a while, because I highly doubt they're going to be dropping the prices anytime soon.

#34 Formaldehyde

Formaldehyde
  • 366 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 01:07 PM

You're going to be waiting a while, because I highly doubt they're going to be dropping the prices anytime soon.

Yeah..depressing. My DSLite will just have to do for now.

#35 ToxicS

ToxicS
  • 2580 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 04:31 PM

Just bought ridge racer, waiting for my 3ds to arrive now :(

#36 Fresca

Fresca
  • 514 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 04:35 PM

I wasn't planning on buying it at all since I love my DSi, but I played with one last week at my friend's Game Stop and now I waaaaanntt ittttt. I definitely won't get it right now, though. I'm waiting for some better colors to come out which, according to my friend, should only be a couple of months. I'm in no hurry.

#37 ToxicS

ToxicS
  • 2580 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 04:38 PM

Just looked up the streetpass feature for ridge racer and it's a ghost racing system, pretty awesome.

http://www.3dsview.c...-duel-revealed/

#38 GeorgeBright

GeorgeBright
  • 503 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 11:23 PM

the only drawback to all those functions is the limited battery life. of 3-5 hours now.

I bet they'll improve the battery life when the new version comes out.
It seems all too easy for them to put shitty components in their products, jack up the price to maximize profits while peddling their shit like it's made gold and is a bargain, and then release a newer version with better color choices, battery life, and whatever else than the original. Then rinse and repeat a few times.
You wanna talk gyroscopes, cameras, and 3D screens? How much you wanna bet they come out with something with better gyroscopes, better cameras, and a 3D screen that doesn't have such a limited field of view, one you don't have to turn the 3D effect down on to enjoy? How much you wanna bet they could have released it that way now but didn't?
I realize Nintendo is a business, but it just seems like they've developed shit for morals since the days I was rocking my SNES. I guess that's how things have to be to become successful. That's the road they took to get out of other companies' shadows financially.

You can see this type of idea with the wii motion plus, there finally being another wii color just recently, the ds/dsl/dsi/dsixl, gba/gbasp, and to some extent the gb and gbl, but they didn't have much success with that and it's a stretch so it doesn't count.
Sure, the 3DS has better graphics than the PSP, but considering when that was released, that isn't saying much. Nintendo is just now putting out a handheld that doesn't have N64 graphics.

I'm not telling you how to spend your money. I'm just telling you where I'm coming from. I'll be happy with my ds and ak2 for some time.

#39 ToxicS

ToxicS
  • 2580 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 07:29 AM

I saw that. Epic. Really excited to get the battery doubler when it comes out on the 31st in gamestop :D

#40 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 March 2011 - 07:37 AM

I saw that. Epic. Really excited to get the battery doubler when it comes out on the 31st in gamestop :D

I really hope my silly Superstores here get it, if not, I have to pray that I get my credit card sometime soon so I can at least order one online.

Although I'll never be playing my 3DS enough away from the outlet to kill the battery, having a long battery life is still reassuring in case something actually DOES come up.

#41 ToxicS

ToxicS
  • 2580 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 07:52 AM

I really hope my silly Superstores here get it, if not, I have to pray that I get my credit card sometime soon so I can at least order one online.

Although I'll never be playing my 3DS enough away from the outlet to kill the battery, having a long battery life is still reassuring in case something actually DOES come up.

If you send me the money via paypal for it I can order it for you

#42 jonahfinn

jonahfinn
  • 1006 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 08:16 AM

I plan on getting one off ebay, it's only a matter of time before someone starts listing them. I prefer to pay for online goods via paypal and most ebay sellers usually accept that form of payment.

#43 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 March 2011 - 10:02 AM

You can see this type of idea with the wii motion plus, there finally being another wii color just recently, the ds/dsl/dsi/dsixl, gba/gbasp, and to some extent the gb and gbl, but they didn't have much success with that and it's a stretch so it doesn't count.

This sentence tells me you know next to fuck all about Nintendo's history.

#44 Guest_jcrgirl_*

Guest_jcrgirl_*

Posted 28 March 2011 - 10:25 AM

My sister got her's yesterday. It's pretty intense and she's not gotten any games for it yet.
It makes my eyes hurt watching her play. 3DS is not one of those things you can watch others play from an angle... It really fucks up your vision x.x;

Other than that, it's pretty cool. I just don't understand why they had to fuck up the aqua blue color by putting black on the opening screen. It looks friggin weird. Also, the 3DS is bulky as hell. Not as bulky as the orginal DS but way bigger than the DS Lite / DSi :/

I don't think Nintendo will be working on upgrades for a while.
I also don't think the shit going on in Japan right now is helping them progress the development of a future 3DS Lite or anything like that. I'm going to wait until more games come out.... :p

#45 Mahas

Mahas

• 503 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 03:05 AM

Well in my opinion, if you want it buy it, if you don't then don't. The simple fact about everything is that if you want to wait for it to get cheaper then your missing out on updated versions etc. BUT... As georgiebright said before... His whole theory of him saying thaat they could release the 3ds now with all updated hardware better cam and that now... wouldnt make a difference, you will still have the same look on it... if they released it with 6 cameras and a fucken i7 processor you would still say the same thing because it is its release date, dont try and put across a stupid message when it simply wont happen, we all know how thses thinsg progresss and no matter how much bitching about it being a rip off your porbably only going to affect 1 or 2 people and they will get suckered into the next rip off... everything on the commercial market IS a rip off, before its a fact something better will always be released :)

Posted Image

#46 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 March 2011 - 05:28 AM

Well in my opinion, if you want it buy it, if you don't then don't. The simple fact about everything is that if you want to wait for it to get cheaper then your missing out on updated versions etc. BUT... As georgiebright said before... His whole theory of him saying thaat they could release the 3ds now with all updated hardware better cam and that now... wouldnt make a difference, you will still have the same look on it... if they released it with 6 cameras and a fucken i7 processor you would still say the same thing because it is its release date, dont try and put across a stupid message when it simply wont happen, we all know how thses thinsg progresss and no matter how much bitching about it being a rip off your porbably only going to affect 1 or 2 people and they will get suckered into the next rip off... everything on the commercial market IS a rip off, before its a fact something better will always be released :)

Dear God I had to read that like 5 times to understand what you were trying to say.

Grammar son, do you know what it is?

#47 Mahas

Mahas

• 503 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 05:34 AM

Sorry, i aint good with grammar at all, my teachers always called them chappy words and actually marked me in relation to the best grammar i have used before xD since my grammar never seemed to work out at all.....

#48 ToxicS

ToxicS
  • 2580 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 11:46 AM

It came early. My friend code is 0087-2317-8155

name toxicsnipe

(You have to post your friend code also otherwise won't be able to see each other)

#49 ArticTheTiger

ArticTheTiger
  • 1318 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 12:11 PM

Added toxic. My code is 4553-9947-7696

#50 ToxicS

ToxicS
  • 2580 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 12:52 PM

Added toxic. My code is 4553-9947-7696

added you

Street Fighter also came today