I hate the neoboards, yet I still lurk, I'll never learn

#27 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 April 2011 - 06:38 PM

Snaps to that. I know I have nothing to gain from going there yet I lurk.

first "famous" neopians I knew of were hrobi, featherally, and jazz_invincible

Those were the good times. I also remember zidane########. I didn't bother remembering
the numbers in his username,

#28 themetagame

themetagame
  • 64 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 06:53 PM

They have their uses.... BD chatters are pretty easy to get low prices from, like when two people at once are "selling" the same god item,

BD chat bullshit is a big part of the reason why people were PCing Ghostkerswords at like 80M last week.

Does anyone know highestgrade? I'd bet money that 99.99% of pot names are cheaters, the rest must be accidental puns.

#29 Keil

Keil

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 April 2011 - 07:09 PM

majal kita, means i love you in tagalic wonder if that was his intention

I hate being anal, but majal kita is Tagalog, not tagalic. Again, I apologize. I'm not
filipino, but I do have a tendency to correct people in order to educate them so that
next time, when they say it in the real world, they don't get embarrassed. It's a flaw
of mine. Again, sorry. On the other hand, you have a good memory with the
translation.

#30 jonahfinn

jonahfinn
  • 1006 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 07:10 PM

when i first got into battling, i only knew of featheralley and majal_kita, not sure about now...heaps of people defeated Oblivion in the TFR plot, one guy defeated him 39 times, if I recall correctly

#31 Narcissa

Narcissa

• 320 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 08:20 PM

Featheralley is the only famous neopet person I know and I don't even know if she plays anymore.

Featheralley still plays; she's been buying a ton of stuff from my shop. O_o

#32 samcoconut

samcoconut
  • 167 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 08:31 PM

Featheralley is my neofriend :D I've spoken to featheralley on many an occasion, but tends to hibernate nowadays.

#33 GeorgeBright

GeorgeBright
  • 503 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 08:39 PM

I can't stomach the neoboards, and this is the only neopets-related forum I go to, so I'm not really familiar with neopets players outside of the people here.
"Neofamous" sounds ridiculous though.

#34 Tsvete

Tsvete
  • 690 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 08:41 PM

I wonder how many of the mentioned famous Neo-players are reading this topic and even commenting...

#35 Keil

Keil

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 April 2011 - 08:46 PM

I wonder how many of the mentioned famous Neo-players are reading this topic and even commenting...

A pretty good chance, I'd say. I'm speaking from experience when I say that it's refreshing to talk with people
who plays neopets without dealing with those "affiliations" we have in our guilds, neoboards, etc. They're
bound to be a lot who go to forums like these to connect on an equal level with others. Also
consider that there is only a pinky-ful who legitimately earn their wealth. I don't think the most rich would allocate
major chunks of their lives to restock as much as an ABer would easily do.

Edited by Keil, 18 April 2011 - 08:49 PM.

#36 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 April 2011 - 10:13 AM

The only IMPORTANT people are [inserts name's of Codex users main's]. They're the ones with hundreds of millions of NP :p

#37 RWS

RWS
  • 596 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 10:51 AM

I can't stand the neoboards. The sheer overwhelming majority of noobs on there annoy me to no end.

#38 Kyle

Kyle
  • Legit.

• 2082 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 April 2011 - 11:35 AM

Featheralley still plays; she's been buying a ton of stuff from my shop. O_o

Was just about to post this lol. Shes bought a TON from me lately

#39 AyoForYayo

AyoForYayo
  • 503 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 12:19 PM

battle_dom3r has been involved in a lot of shady activity involving that RoDN, uh, number1nub is a pretty big attention whore. Uh, richardnub, Nijoka is definitely big (does anyone know if that's x_maus, by the way?), Monophyte (lol), uh, 5tar is pretty big. I dunno, they certainly don't garner the same kind of notoriety as "famous" BDers have in the past and with so many of them getting silenced and frozen and on new accounts every other day, it's hard to keep tabs on who's who and actually obtain a "reputation".

LOL
5tar
i love that nigga he ma bitch

#40 fxckyouguys

fxckyouguys
  • 836 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 12:24 PM

Jazz_invincible was one of the biggest according to people that were on the boards back then.

I remember him and Dace.

#41 simplicity155

simplicity155
  • 310 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 11:58 PM

you would have to think that most of hte famous people have access to sites like this, no way you would be able to horde that much neopoints without doing something a tad shady.

as for famous i think because hte game has been around for so long you owuld have different people who are famous for different spans of time andt hen they may leave or come back eventually like us all on here!

#42 Schroeder

Schroeder
  • 29 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 05:14 PM

Anyone ever heard of Dragona5? The best Stamp collector ever...
Also everyone knows her name on the BD Chat

#43 Pavement

Pavement
  • 429 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 09:18 PM

Any of you seen n1n's youtube channel?

yeah...

Edited by Pavement, 20 April 2011 - 09:20 PM.

#44 Scot

Scot
  • ≡^ᴥ^≡

• 3935 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 April 2011 - 09:36 PM

Any of you seen n1n's youtube channel?

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csjkAc6_Tk0"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csjkAc6_Tk0[/url]

yeah...

Sperglord legbeard

#45 CraigChrist

CraigChrist
  • 111 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 11:06 PM

N1N is making me want to quit neopets he is a fucking retard. Battledome is not that serious.

#46 esilim

esilim
  • 508 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 04:00 AM

N1N is making me want to quit neopets he is a fucking retard. Battledome is not that serious.

None of neopets is that serious. Even codex itself (which is much more serious) isn't that serious...

#47 Tika

Tika
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 06:04 PM

Haha, I remember they used to make POLLS of who the most popular Neopian was. Those were the days. After June quit I stopped giving a shit.

Now, I don't really know of anyone neo-famous other than featheralley and lilangel.

#48 Pavement

Pavement
  • 429 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 07:29 PM

Haha, I remember they used to make POLLS of who the most popular Neopian was. Those were the days. After June quit I stopped giving a shit.

Now, I don't really know of anyone neo-famous other than featheralley and lilangel.

Last I saw, they were still making polls. Now they include best restocker and best auction sniper.

#49 Connery

Connery
  • 535 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 07:39 PM

For those that were talking about Majal_Kita a page or so back, yes, he was given to featheralley from psxfaq as a gift; they were dating IRL or had some kind of relationship at the time.

#50 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 February 2012 - 02:57 AM

I know that this is an older thread but a guest was viewing it and after reading it I have just a couple of things to say.

I am honestly surprised that not a single person mentioned neomyotismon, she and I are friends IRL, as she is famous for the Turmaculas Time Predeictions I figured she would have at least been mention.

More recently xstatix and doltaro (doltaro3) should have been mentioned, but other than that it is interesting to see who was mentioned. Some of those names I've not heard in ages.

I thought that reviving this thread would be good as it would allow us to see which users would be considered famous Neopians now as opposed to nearly a year ago. Surely not that much has changed. ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users