Photo

Noob Question

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Punc

Punc
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 05:38 PM

OK, I have been looking through the forum and i noticed that there is a Selling/Trading Section and I am not too sure how the system works.

From what i understand, we are allowed to advertise in that forum but not in status updates and can bump our selling thread once per day. I can sort of understand how it would work but how would paying a seller work? How would I sell stuff i have, and what exactly can be sold?

#2 Maloo

Maloo
  • 445 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 05:44 PM

You can sell stuff for NP here :D
(Like pets, accounts, your soul)
And you can also sell for "Other"
How the trade is going to happen is decided between you and the person you trade with :>

#3 Neoquest

Neoquest
  • 1760 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 May 2011 - 05:45 PM

Pretty much everthing can be sold, but if you are selling items for nps then you might as well make it more legit and just do that on the site. You cannot mention USD on the boards, if you are asking for USD, just say "other." you pay a seller through nps transfer (mostly trading post, sometimes through shops) and then they give you the item/pet/account before/after payment. For selling your stuff you pretty much just post what you have and how much you want for it, (DO NOT say anything specific or it can be traced by TNT) and people will send you personal messages with their offers/telling you that they want to buy it. Hope I covered everything.

#4 Junsu

Junsu
  • 1566 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 05:45 PM

You can sell anything THAT IS YOURS.
This means you cannot sell stolen, hacked, or hashed accounts that you have obtained.

The "Bump Once a Day" is a rule of thumb that everyone ignores because its not really a rule, as in its just nice to do so.

To make a trade, you must use a MIDDLEMAN.
Find more about a middleman here:
http://www.neocodex....ng-a-middleman/
http://www.neocodex....odex-middlemen/
This should be how you trade.

Here is a newbie's guide to the trading post:
http://www.neocodex....tte-basic-info/

#5 Neoquest

Neoquest
  • 1760 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 May 2011 - 05:50 PM

You can sell anything THAT IS YOURS.
This means you cannot sell stolen, hacked, or hashed accounts that you have obtained.

The "Bump Once a Day" is a rule of thumb that everyone ignores because its not really a rule, as in its just nice to do so.

To make a trade, you must use a MIDDLEMAN.
Find more about a middleman here:
http://www.neocodex....ng-a-middleman/
http://www.neocodex....odex-middlemen/
This should be how you trade.

Here is a newbie's guide to the trading post:
http://www.neocodex....tte-basic-info/

You don't really need to use a middleman if you are trading with trusted members/low amounts of nps.

#6 Junsu

Junsu
  • 1566 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 05:51 PM

You don't really need to use a middleman if you are trading with trusted members/low amounts of nps.

Come back and say that after you're scammed.

#7 Punc

Punc
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 05:53 PM

Thanks Neoquest, Maloom and Junsu...

Also Junsu? I do not understand your name? What does it mean?

#8 Elle

Elle
  • ShadowLink64's Rebel

• 894 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 May 2011 - 05:53 PM

doesnt matter.
middleman, ALWAYS.

#9 Neoquest

Neoquest
  • 1760 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 May 2011 - 06:01 PM

In over 16 trades I've never been scammed and I've never used a middleman, I'm selective of who I deal with.

#10 Elle

Elle
  • ShadowLink64's Rebel

• 894 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 May 2011 - 06:03 PM

In over 16 trades I've never been scammed and I've never used a middleman, I'm selective of who I deal with.

yeah, and thats your situation. but tell me, how many times have we seen the "OMMMMGGGGGG I GOTZZZ SCAMMEDDD" boards because someone decided it was okay not to use a middleman for whatever reason? for new members/ traders, they should always use a middleman.

#11 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 May 2011 - 06:24 PM

And I just dealt with someone who had over 30 trades, and guess what happened? THEY GOT SCAMMED.

If you get scammed, I'l going to laugh at you. A lot. Because its your own fault. We do so many different things to help prevent scamming, and your basically telling us that you are better then all of that.

And -IF- you advise ONE MORE TIME, to not use a middleman, you will get a warning. Do not advise people to be stupid on this forum.

#12 ilovepolkadots

ilovepolkadots
  • 724 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 08:41 PM

whatever personal risks you choose to take that's your own problem
but do not present your shitty ideas as sound advice for other members to follow

#13 Guest_iCarly_*

Guest_iCarly_*

Posted 18 May 2011 - 01:59 AM

Im curious... does the rule apply to accounts you got off of unregistered emails?

#14 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 May 2011 - 02:34 AM

Im curious... does the rule apply to accounts you got off of unregistered emails?

We regard anything derived from unregistered emails the same as scammed accounts/items/etc.

#15 Neoquest

Neoquest
  • 1760 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 May 2011 - 06:14 AM

And I just dealt with someone who had over 30 trades, and guess what happened? THEY GOT SCAMMED.

If you get scammed, I'l going to laugh at you. A lot. Because its your own fault. We do so many different things to help prevent scamming, and your basically telling us that you are better then all of that.

And -IF- you advise ONE MORE TIME, to not use a middleman, you will get a warning. Do not advise people to be stupid on this forum.

I'm sorry, what I said was stupid, out of line, and I as polka dots said, I should not have shared my shitty idea.

Edited by Neoquest, 18 May 2011 - 06:15 AM.

#16 danielfromburn

danielfromburn
  • 492 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 06:53 AM

I love you polkadots. You're my heroin(e)<3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users