Quantcast

Photo

Abrosia (Main Shop Autobuyer / Igloo Autobuyer)

• Please log in to reply
7690 replies to this topic

#7476 Korbatzomg

Korbatzomg
  • 57 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 09:52 AM

In order for Abrosia to work do I need to be on the page? Or would it still work if I was using like firefox in a different window.

Also does it still work when it's minimize? (Using this on a Mac btw)

#7477 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 July 2014 - 09:55 AM

In order for Abrosia to work do I need to be on the page? Or would it still work if I was using like firefox in a different window.

Also does it still work when it's minimize? (Using this on a Mac btw)

No, you shouldn't be using Neopets in the browser at all. And yes, when it's minimized, it's still running unless you stop it.

#7478 ToastyButter

ToastyButter
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 09:59 AM

I'm sure this has been said time and time again on this very long topic. But I seem to be going through the same problem.

I've done all the settings, lots of time has past, and i still havent purchased a single thing.

Why? (Not advanced btw) (clearly)

I'm experiencing the same thing. Have run the program for at least 30 hours (over different days) now...Good luck to you too! 

#7479 Korbatzomg

Korbatzomg
  • 57 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 11:36 AM

No, you shouldn't be using Neopets in the browser at all. And yes, when it's minimized, it's still running unless you stop it.

What if I'm not using Neopets, like using Youtube or something?

#7480 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 July 2014 - 11:39 AM

What if I'm not using Neopets, like using Youtube or something?

Anything outside of Neopets is fine. You just shouldn't browse Neopets at the same time because it can cause you to be logged out on the programs.

#7481 Korbatzomg

Korbatzomg
  • 57 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 12:16 PM

I'm experiencing the same thing. Have run the program for at least 30 hours (over different days) now...Good luck to you too! 

My advice is don't usual manual lists. They don't work, atleast not for me, you'll better off just letting it look for items for you.

Anything outside of Neopets is fine. You just shouldn't browse Neopets at the same time because it can cause you to be logged out on the programs.

All right thank you, also, I'm running this on a Mac Laptop, so does it still work if i close the computer? It kinda sounds stupid but I'd like to be sure.

#7482 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 July 2014 - 12:24 PM

All right thank you, also, I'm running this on a Mac Laptop, so does it still work if i close the computer? It kinda sounds stupid but I'd like to be sure.

It'll stop working if your computer goes to sleep/hibernates or disconnects from the internet in any way but if the computer is closed but everything keeps running as normal then it should be fine, just depends on how you have your computer set up.

#7483 Korbatzomg

Korbatzomg
  • 57 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 12:31 PM

Is this even possible? I've been trying to find out how for a long while.

I don't know, I kinda don't want to try it out, but it would be cool if it did.

Can someone confirm this? (On a Mac laptop)

#7484 ToastyButter

ToastyButter
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 12:33 PM

My advice is don't usual manual lists. They don't work, atleast not for me, you'll better off just letting it look for items for you.

Thanks for the advice! I actually DID try a manual list this morning and it got me a few items...I guess I got lucky! Will continue to experiment. 

#7485 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 July 2014 - 12:40 PM

Is this even possible? I've been trying to find out how for a long while.

Yeah, mine does it. Just turns the screen off when the laptop is closed but everything else continues running as normal.

#7486 Lovato

Lovato
  • Banned from trading - Do not trade with this member!

• 308 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 July 2014 - 12:44 PM

I don't know, I kinda don't want to try it out, but it would be cool if it did.

Can someone confirm this? (On a Mac laptop)

Yeah but I don't recommend doing this on a Mac (or any laptop, for that matter) because of the heat (= fans wear out quicker). They were not meant to be operating when the lid is closed. It will run cooler when the screen is up; that's what I always do with my Mac. Just set brightness to 0. 

Another reason is of course moving the laptop with it running, if you have an HDD this might end up ruining it faster (with SSD this doesn't apply, but not everyone has those). 

Edited by Lovato, 16 July 2014 - 12:47 PM.

#7487 talbs

talbs
  • 4084 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 July 2014 - 12:52 PM

Valid point. I always run mine with the lid closed because I don't like to see the light from the display, especially at night, and my laptop has about had all it can take. Maybe with my next computerI won't leave the lid closed while the computer is actively running programs.

Edited by talbs, 16 July 2014 - 12:52 PM.

#7488 Korbatzomg

Korbatzomg
  • 57 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 01:14 PM

Thanks for the advice! I actually DID try a manual list this morning and it got me a few items...I guess I got lucky! Will continue to experiment. 

Really?! Just curious from which shop though?

Yeah but I don't recommend doing this on a Mac (or any laptop, for that matter) because of the heat (= fans wear out quicker). They were not meant to be operating when the lid is closed. It will run cooler when the screen is up; that's what I always do with my Mac. Just set brightness to 0. 

Another reason is of course moving the laptop with it running, if you have an HDD this might end up ruining it faster (with SSD this doesn't apply, but not everyone has those). 

Alright thanks for the clarification, I'll just leave it open with the brightness off, as usual.

#7489 ToastyButter

ToastyButter
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 08:28 AM

Really?! Just curious from which shop though?

Alright thanks for the clarification, I'll just leave it open with the brightness off, as usual.

I got some Fresh Foods, Bookstore, and Chocolate Factory items. Just starting out with the basic shops for now! 

#7490 Korbatzomg

Korbatzomg
  • 57 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 07:27 PM

I got some Fresh Foods, Bookstore, and Chocolate Factory items. Just starting out with the basic shops for now! 

Wow, that's pretty lucky, I still to this day can't get anything from manual list of Fresh Foods and Chocolate Factory /:

#7491 Korbatzomg

Korbatzomg
  • 57 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 03:06 PM

I go with stamp and get quite a few items (but is more risky). Going to the collectible coins or seashell shops is good since the shops aren't usually full, and the risk isn't as high as stamps.

Oh alright I'll keep that in mind, thank you. Also, f you don't mind me asking, the stamp manual list, I know some people don't like posting there's but is there a chance that yours is public instead one you made yourself? If so, can you post it, because the one I've been using has been pretty unsuccessful.

#7492 Korbatzomg

Korbatzomg
  • 57 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 10:43 AM

I don't like posting mine because I happen to have a trade secret ;) Also, teaching people how to make them is often more constructive. 

You can make one in at most 5 minutes with this restock list helper: http://www.neocodex....-list-helper-d/

Its alright xD. Thank you for the link! I have another question though, I've seen many conflicting methods on the ways to becoming and advanced member (without having to pay), can you let me in on the current way of becoming a member? (I'd really like to become one before the next HPD).

#7493 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 July 2014 - 10:51 AM

Its alright xD. Thank you for the link! I have another question though, I've seen many conflicting methods on the ways to becoming and advanced member (without having to pay), can you let me in on the current way of becoming a member? (I'd really like to become one before the next HPD).

You can pay for it in USD, talk to a member who will sell it for NP, take surveys, or get nominated and voted into ADV+

#7494 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 July 2014 - 11:03 AM

You can pay for it in USD, talk to a member who will sell it for NP, or get nominated and voted into ADV+

Or surveys.

#7495 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 July 2014 - 11:06 AM

Or surveys.

I couldn't remember what I was forgetting. Thanks.

#7496 Korbatzomg

Korbatzomg
  • 57 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 12:18 PM

Or surveys.

Alright, well I'm not too popular so I don't anticipate getting nominated. So what exactly do I need to do for the surveys?

#7497 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 July 2014 - 12:19 PM

Alright, well I'm not too popular so I don't anticipate getting nominated. So what exactly do I need to do for the surveys?

Click on the offers tab at the top of the page.

#7498 Korbatzomg

Korbatzomg
  • 57 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 01:12 PM

Click on the offers tab at the top of the page.

Alright, I'll try the surveys but they seem kind of shifty.

Also, one more thing, it seems that whenever I'm on the computer and I decide to check on my Abrosia, it seems to always be starting in a shop (0/350), that can't be just a coincidence, why does it do that?

#7499 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 July 2014 - 01:24 PM

Alright, I'll try the surveys but they seem kind of shifty.

Also, one more thing, it seems that whenever I'm on the computer and I decide to check on my Abrosia, it seems to always be starting in a shop (0/350), that can't be just a coincidence, why does it do that?

No idea, you should be able to stop and restart and switch shops or get a list to use the shop you want to start with.

#7500 Korbatzomg

Korbatzomg
  • 57 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 05:20 PM

You can pay for it in USD, talk to a member who will sell it for NP, take surveys, or get nominated and voted into ADV+

How do you get nominated by the way?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users