Quantcast

Photo

Pawn (not a chess piece) make's his move (oh a pun!)

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 Pawn

Pawn
  • 31 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 08:57 PM

Good morning, afternoon, evening, night ladies and gents, I am known as Pawn. If you like you can also call my Chris, I have no preference.

Personal info time. As I just stated a few short words ago, my name is Chris. I have no issue with disclosing my name on the internet as it is but a name. A mandatory title that I am obligated to have. I reside in a dwelling, like most. This dwelling is in the capital city of one of the ten provinces of Canada (here's a hint, the province is really easy to draw and difficult to spell.) At the moment my life is currently boring, I'm working at McDonalds in order to gain enough money to pay for my first semester of university as well fund a week long escapade to Edmonton.

I'm an avid anime fan, I enjoy to some extent the mainstream dribble known as Bleach and Naruto, I highly enjoy One Piece, and I also very much enjoy series such as Monster, Ga-Rei Zero, K-ON, Xam'd: Lost Memories and D.Gray-man. In the same light I also read manga which I very much enjoy. Bakuman, Cage of Eden, Gamble Fish and Deadman Wonderland to name a few good ones. I'm also a senior moderator on an anime forum. Yeah, I love anime that much :p

My Neopets history goes way back to when I was 7 in... 1999. I fondly remember when Neopets was as common as pokemon in my grade 2 class. everyone would sneak onto it on the computers. Back in the good old days when paint brushes were cheap and there was no such thing as avatars or plots or any of those complicated things. I've had numerous accounts over the years, a large number of which were hacked which saddens me. two of which I can think of were frozen for things I did. one of which was being stupid with an Ultimate Bullseye Trainer and the other was naming a Skeith I created to get an avatar "Weed4Lyfe"... yeah, was not impressed. Recently got back into neo twoish months ago and have been enjoying my time back :)

This is getting rather lengthy though so I'll leave it at that and if you want to know anything else feel free to pester me to your hearts content!

Cheers,
Pawn

#2 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 June 2011 - 09:11 PM

Posted Image

#3 Ladida

Ladida
  • Night Owl 🌛

• 2152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 June 2011 - 09:13 PM

SASKATCHEWAN!

#4 Tetiel

Tetiel
  • 11533 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 June 2011 - 09:15 PM

I call... Winnipeg.

#5 Pawn

Pawn
  • 31 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 09:38 PM

SASKATCHEWAN!

BINGO!

I call... Winnipeg.

BZZZZ! If I were in Winnipeg I'd probably be fleeing from the mass flooding going on there :S
Here's a hint. It's the latin word for Queen :)

#6 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 June 2011 - 09:43 PM

Here's a hint. It's the latin word for Queen :)

Awesomius?

#7 Ladida

Ladida
  • Night Owl 🌛

• 2152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 June 2011 - 09:47 PM

Lol, Regina. Also my grandma's name xD My best friend friend from childhood got dragged across the province to settle down there.

#8 Rikku

Rikku
  • 2109 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 09:54 PM

Very very nice intro, definitely one of my favorites so far. My name is Rikku, and I welcome you to NeoCodex.

Right of the bat a tip of the hat to you for having a job, a lot of people would think it to be below them to work at a fast food chain, when in reality a job is a job, and that's something to be proud of.

I'm probably not as big of an Anime freak as you but I do keep up on my Naruto episodes (which come out every Thursday). Maybe you could even suggest a better place for me and my wife to view the newest episodes other than Tailed Fox?

Anyhow enough rambling, welcome to Codex, make sure to read the rules!

#9 Pawn

Pawn
  • 31 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 10:17 PM

Lol, Regina. Also my grandma's name xD My best friend friend from childhood got dragged across the province to settle down there.

I've heard it's a very beautiful name of Spanish origins :p As for a place to live, I find it boring after living my whole life here.

Very very nice intro, definitely one of my favorites so far. My name is Rikku, and I welcome you to NeoCodex.

Right of the bat a tip of the hat to you for having a job, a lot of people would think it to be below them to work at a fast food chain, when in reality a job is a job, and that's something to be proud of.

I'm probably not as big of an Anime freak as you but I do keep up on my Naruto episodes (which come out every Thursday). Maybe you could even suggest a better place for me and my wife to view the newest episodes other than Tailed Fox?

Anyhow enough rambling, welcome to Codex, make sure to read the rules!

Gracias. The title I have to admit I've used before but the first time I randomly created it I laughed at it and committed it to memory since I enjoyed my entertaining pun :p

Well, it was my first job originally. started there when I turned 16 in grade 10 and worked there for a year and 3 months, though I quit at the end of summer before the beginning of grade 12 in order to focus on school. Then I got a job at a retail store where they shoved me in customer service which I absolutely hated so I went back to McDonalds. The people I work with are mostly awesome so that makes the job a lot more bearable. Plus what I like about Mcdonalds over retail is that you ALWAYS have something to do whereas in retail I frequently found myself standing around for long periods of time reorganizing drawers over and over. I have a friend who worked at a Mcdonalds in Georgia for a while and apparently the managers treat the employees like shit and it's very poorly one so either Canadian mcdonalds are just better or my store in specific is just awesome :p

Indeed Naruto does. As for newest episodes other than tailed fox... I assume you mean of everything? In that case I would have to suggest the anime forum I moderate on :p Sorry for the bit of advertisement but last count we had around 1100 different anime series and ~25,000+ episodes. url is http://www.otakucenter.com and if I might suggest a series my favorite is called "Monster". has a very good story.

#10 ToxicS

ToxicS
  • 2580 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 12:21 AM

I've heard it's a very beautiful name of Spanish origins :p As for a place to live, I find it boring after living my whole life here.

Gracias. The title I have to admit I've used before but the first time I randomly created it I laughed at it and committed it to memory since I enjoyed my entertaining pun :p

Well, it was my first job originally. started there when I turned 16 in grade 10 and worked there for a year and 3 months, though I quit at the end of summer before the beginning of grade 12 in order to focus on school. Then I got a job at a retail store where they shoved me in customer service which I absolutely hated so I went back to McDonalds. The people I work with are mostly awesome so that makes the job a lot more bearable. Plus what I like about Mcdonalds over retail is that you ALWAYS have something to do whereas in retail I frequently found myself standing around for long periods of time reorganizing drawers over and over. I have a friend who worked at a Mcdonalds in Georgia for a while and apparently the managers treat the employees like shit and it's very poorly one so either Canadian mcdonalds are just better or my store in specific is just awesome :p

Indeed Naruto does. As for newest episodes other than tailed fox... I assume you mean of everything? In that case I would have to suggest the anime forum I moderate on :p Sorry for the bit of advertisement but last count we had around 1100 different anime series and ~25,000+ episodes. url is http://www.otakucenter.com and if I might suggest a series my favorite is called "Monster". has a very good story.

Welcome to Neocodex and !! I love anime as well, Monster is my fav :D

Check out my signature, you can see the animes I've seen :p

#11 Kido

Kido
  • 1046 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 06:28 AM

The anime drew me to this thread. No FMA, Gurren Lagann, Evangelion or Soul Eater though D:

For me Bleach died years ago. OP and Naruto are on its way out as well. D-Grayman I never really got into (maybe because I can't stand Allan and I feel like it's ripping off a lot of comic books). Everything else though is great (Deadman Wonderland is AWESOME!)

So welcome to codex. Hope we get more anime talk now :p

#12 Pawn

Pawn
  • 31 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 01:26 PM

Welcome to Neocodex and !! I love anime as well, Monster is my fav :D

Check out my signature, you can see the animes I've seen :p

I need to add my MAL sig to my sig :p I don't much care for animeplanets organization thinger.

The anime drew me to this thread. No FMA, Gurren Lagann, Evangelion or Soul Eater though D:

For me Bleach died years ago. OP and Naruto are on its way out as well. D-Grayman I never really got into (maybe because I can't stand Allan and I feel like it's ripping off a lot of comic books). Everything else though is great (Deadman Wonderland is AWESOME!)

So welcome to codex. Hope we get more anime talk now :p

I've seen both FMAs and Soul eater. TTGL I'm looking at watching but Evangelion hasn't interested me :p

Bleach is nothing but constant filler now-a-days. Only reason I still watch it is because I can't bare to have a 3xx episode series in my dropped list :p Naruto is getting interestingish again now and One Piece is just plain awesome :p I love pirates and the characters and places and the story are just so entertaining. I like DGM because it's got the elements of your typical shonen series but it's more darker than your typical shonen.
I'm in charge of posting Deadman Wonderland episodes haha :p Last episode is out on Saturday I believe. Though I feel like the anime was very much rushed... it moves so much more quickly than the manga and it bothers me :S

#13 ToxicS

ToxicS
  • 2580 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 02:05 PM

I need to add my MAL sig to my sig :p I don't much care for animeplanets organization thinger.

I've seen both FMAs and Soul eater. TTGL I'm looking at watching but Evangelion hasn't interested me :p

Bleach is nothing but constant filler now-a-days. Only reason I still watch it is because I can't bare to have a 3xx episode series in my dropped list :p Naruto is getting interestingish again now and One Piece is just plain awesome :p I love pirates and the characters and places and the story are just so entertaining. I like DGM because it's got the elements of your typical shonen series but it's more darker than your typical shonen.
I'm in charge of posting Deadman Wonderland episodes haha :p Last episode is out on Saturday I believe. Though I feel like the anime was very much rushed... it moves so much more quickly than the manga and it bothers me :S

Ahh I didn't know there was a Deadman Wonderland anime and started reading it :(

#14 Rambo

Rambo
  • 833 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 02:11 PM

*waves* HEWWO!

#15 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 June 2011 - 02:22 PM

K-ON

I love you.

Also dat Introduction, best I've seen in a while, if not ever.

#16 Pawn

Pawn
  • 31 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 02:33 PM

Ahh I didn't know there was a Deadman Wonderland anime and started reading it :(

Yup :) You can watch the anime here if you want. Or here if you prefer :p

*waves* HEWWO!

Hihi!

I love you.

Also dat Introduction, best I've seen in a while, if not ever.

:D K-ON is awesome, the songs are great. also...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_Lh395oEOE

#17 Kido

Kido
  • 1046 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 03:07 PM

Soul Eater anime kinda got destroyed with the Fist of Love thing Maka used at the end :/ But the manga's good. How can you not watch Evangelion?! The director was a kook but he was a good kook! :p

Bleach was dying around the Ichigo vs Ulquiorra's fight. When he died and all my friends cried over him to me it was more like "Yes it's finally over!" and I dropped it right there lol. Naruto I slowly phased out....

OP I pick up and then drop and then pick up and then drop etc etc. It has its moments. I guess I just can't be bothered waiting week after week for a story anymore :(

The Deadman Wonderland anime is way too dark. I can't see anything that's going on >.< The first episode with the head all I see is blackness and Ganta is freaking out and I'm spazzing going "What do you see?!" So that's why I picked up the manga. Still, the anime is good. It picks up the major stuff and it's cool seeing some of the stuff in animated color :p

*looks at sig* I see you're watching Beelzebub. How's that going for you? It's really popular at my school but I never got into it.

Edited by Kuro, 22 June 2011 - 03:08 PM.

#18 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 June 2011 - 03:10 PM

Yup :) You can watch the anime here if you want. Or here if you prefer :p

Streaming? Nooooooooooope.

#19 Pawn

Pawn
  • 31 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 03:14 PM

Soul Eater anime kinda got destroyed with the Fist of Love thing Maka used at the end :/ But the manga's good. How can you not watch Evangelion?! The director was a kook but he was a good kook! :p

Bleach was dying around the Ichigo vs Ulquiorra's fight. When he died and all my friends cried over him to me it was more like "Yes it's finally over!" and I dropped it right there lol. Naruto I slowly phased out....

OP I pick up and then drop and then pick up and then drop etc etc. It has its moments. I guess I just can't be bothered waiting week after week for a story anymore :(

The Deadman Wonderland anime is way too dark. I can't see anything that's going on >.< The first episode with the head all I see is blackness and Ganta is freaking out and I'm spazzing going "What do you see?!" So that's why I picked up the manga. Still, the anime is good. It picks up the major stuff and it's cool seeing some of the stuff in animated color :p

*looks at sig* I see you're watching Beelzebub. How's that going for you? It's really popular at my school but I never got into it.

Soul Eater was alright... friends of mine who are huge fans of the series told me that the anime changed a lot from the manga... been meaning to read the manga :p I'm not a huge fan of Mecha stuff., thats how :p

Deadman Wonderland anime is dark because of newish censoring laws in Japan for anime. there's going to be less explicit stuff, they are trying to tone it down as they think anime is the main cause for child rape and kidnapping and killing and overall violence or something. If the anime came out a year ago it would have been way better, though it is cool to see stuff in color and moving :p Though Shiro's eyes in the anime are... wtf... xD

The Beelzebub manga is better. the anime was in filler for a bit due to the earthquake (apparently a demon whose goal is to destroy the world is atouchy subject for earthquake stricken japan O_o) but it's back in story now. Anime is still good though, the characters are portrayed well by their VA's and the animation is good.

Im fooling around with making a custom PHP sig for mal, the one I'm using now is just a preset template one but I'm gonna make my own :p hopefully it looks good when I finish it.

#20 Kido

Kido
  • 1046 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 03:16 PM

Streaming is awesome. You don't have to wait hours for it to DL and you don't have to keep deleting everything later.

And I go to crunchyroll for most of my anime. It's not the best site but I like the higher quality....and it's legit so that cuts down on the list of pirated stuff I do/have :p

Soul Eater was alright... friends of mine who are huge fans of the series told me that the anime changed a lot from the manga... been meaning to read the manga :p I'm not a huge fan of Mecha stuff., thats how :p

Deadman Wonderland anime is dark because of newish censoring laws in Japan for anime. there's going to be less explicit stuff, they are trying to tone it down as they think anime is the main cause for child rape and kidnapping and killing and overall violence or something. If the anime came out a year ago it would have been way better, though it is cool to see stuff in color and moving :p Though Shiro's eyes in the anime are... wtf... xD

The Beelzebub manga is better. the anime was in filler for a bit due to the earthquake (apparently a demon whose goal is to destroy the world is atouchy subject for earthquake stricken japan O_o) but it's back in story now. Anime is still good though, the characters are portrayed well by their VA's and the animation is good.

Im fooling around with making a custom PHP sig for mal, the one I'm using now is just a preset template one but I'm gonna make my own :p hopefully it looks good when I finish it.

Yeah. The Soul Eater anime slaughtered it at the end. Deadman Wonderland I admit might need a bit of a censorship but some parts could have still been brighter (like Ganta's fight with Crow when they first meet. I couldn't see ANYTHING) >.<

Not a mecha fan?! Shame on you! D: :p

Beelzebub...I dunno. I just don't find the whole "guy takes care of a baby" thing cool or funny.......

I haven't updated my MAL in years :/

Edited by Kuro, 22 June 2011 - 03:21 PM.

#21 Pawn

Pawn
  • 31 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 03:24 PM

Streaming? Nooooooooooope.

Well, if you prefer downloads I'd recommend http://horriblesubs.net/ :p They are where most of the streaming sources come from.

Streaming is awesome. You don't have to wait hours for it to DL and you don't have to keep deleting everything later.

And I go to crunchyroll for most of my anime. It's not the best site but I like the higher quality....and it's legit so that cuts down on the list of pirated stuff I do/have :p

Yeah. The Soul Eater anime slaughtered it at the end. Deadman Wonderland I admit might need a bit of a censorship but some parts could have still been brighter (like Ganta's fight with Crow when they first meet. I couldn't see ANYTHING) >.<Not a mecha fan?! Shame on you! D: :pBeelzebub...I dunno. I just don't find the whole "guy takes care of a baby" thing cool or funny.......I haven't updated my MAL in years :/

I've been downloading most of my anime lately, easier to keep track of what I still need to watch.
Crunchyroll is good when you have a membership... otherwise it's the same as anywhere else really :p

The whole baby thing reminds me a lot of Zatch Bell. My MAL is auto-updated with MALUpdater :p detects when I watch new episodes with VLC.

#22 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 June 2011 - 03:25 PM

An episode of anime I'm following in the season takes 15 minutes tops, a full series takes a couple hours tops, depending the number of episodes, and I have an external HD so I don't have to delete anything.

Anyways, enough off-topic tomfoolery.

Well, if you prefer downloads I'd recommend http://horriblesubs.net/ :p They are where most of the streaming sources come from.

Those are just Crunchyroll rips, so nope either, I know where to get my anime, or else I wouldn't be arguing against it. :D

#23 Pawn

Pawn
  • 31 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 03:31 PM

An episode of anime I'm following in the season takes 15 minutes tops, a full series takes a couple hours tops, depending the number of episodes, and I have an external HD so I don't have to delete anything.

Anyways, enough off-topic tomfoolery.

Those are just Crunchyroll rips, so nope either, I know where to get my anime, or else I wouldn't be arguing against it. :D

Apparently my intro thread has turned into an anime discussion thread xD Not gonna get in trouble for this am I (we)? Perhaps it should be moved elsewhere.

Anime doesn't take long to download at all :p I have an external HD as well so all my stuff just rots on there forever.

#24 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 June 2011 - 03:32 PM

Apparently my intro thread has turned into an anime discussion thread xD Not gonna get in trouble for this am I (we)? Perhaps it should be moved elsewhere.

I don't think the moderator care enough about Introduction threads, so we're in the safe zone.

Though, we do already have tons of anime related threads up all over the place as is.

#25 Pawn

Pawn
  • 31 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 03:38 PM

Well, I noticed post count doesn't increase here so I don't see why it should matter. Though I'm going to focus on making my own original sig now :p Hopefully it will be as awesome as I'm invisioning it will be. Nice to meet you :p

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users