Posted 18 July 2011 - 06:45 PM

congratulations toxic!
Somehow i'm not too surprised that you became a mod =p
Good luck keeping noobs in line

#77 cokiwah

cokiwah
  • 1655 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 08:29 PM

What! Why the name change! I swear it's been toxic-snipe for like the past decade lol! All the way back from GZP hahaha.

Congratulations though. :)

#78 Hawk

Hawk
  • hawk·ish·ly

• 9688 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 July 2011 - 08:37 PM

I just finished lecturing the Retired Members about this. :/

I don't remember Dr. Slinky giving us any lectures...

#79 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 July 2011 - 10:55 PM

I don't remember Dr. Slinky giving us any lectures...

You're only fake-retired. You don't count ^_^

#80 WharfRat

WharfRat
  • 11157 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 July 2011 - 11:18 PM

First promotion in a while and I havent thought "who?".

Yup.

Congratulations Toxic! I'm sure you'll do a great job and heaven knows we needed a new moderator. ;)

#81 onlyme

onlyme
  • I hate everyone.

• 4319 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 July 2011 - 03:52 AM

i complained about deleted posts in here as if i'd do in every other thread as well. where are we here in nazideutschland?
what i was trying to say is, that i think it should be possible to express your opinion in a thread like this, if it would ONLY be for congrats then it should be named 'toxics congrats thread, nothing else allowed'.
furthermore i never said anything about how he will do his new job on here (yet).

#82 Elle

Elle
  • ShadowLink64's Rebel

• 894 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 July 2011 - 04:04 AM

i complained about deleted posts in here as if i'd do in every other thread as well. where are we here in nazideutschland?
what i was trying to say is, that i think it should be possible to express your opinion in a thread like this, if it would ONLY be for congrats then it should be named 'toxics congrats thread, nothing else allowed'.
furthermore i never said anything about how he will do his new job on here (yet).

agreed. if people are allowed to express acceptance , why should they not be allowed to express concern, opinion or mere observation?
people need to get less butthurt.

Edited by Elle, 19 July 2011 - 04:05 AM.

#83 Charmender

Charmender
  • Awesome

• 4104 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 July 2011 - 04:18 AM

lol butthurt

But on topic, Grats dude, Dont ban me.

#84 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 July 2011 - 06:53 AM

This has always been the policy, and we've always removed public bitching about staff.

Please have the decency to give me some sort of clue prior to promoting Brennon, for you will be taking away my number 1 favorite person to make fun of and I will require ample time to mentally prepare in order to never make fun of him again.

I also wanted to add that I didn't think what Jake said was too bad. But at least now I know how much joking the staff will take when it comes to taking minor jabs at them.

#85 ToxicS

ToxicS
  • 2580 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 09:34 AM

I also wanted to add that I didn't think what Jake said was too bad. But at least now I know how much joking the staff will take when it comes to taking minor jabs at them.

Unfortunately on the internet it's hard to tell for everyone if it's a joke or not, (especially if they're new) so I think steps like these must be taken because there's always a small minority of people that would get really worried (and take it very seriously)

#86 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 July 2011 - 10:17 AM

The compulsion to pander to the lowest common denominator will always depress me.
Still, their money is as good as anyone elses (and usually easier to aquire).

#87 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 July 2011 - 11:46 AM

agreed. if people are allowed to express acceptance , why should they not be allowed to express concern, opinion or mere observation?
people need to get less butthurt.

This has nothing about denying you the ability to express your concerns. You can do that just as easily in a PM. Its extremely unprofessional to have a topic announcing that we made a new monitor, and to have people complaining about his promotion in that topic.

Regardless of if you feel you should be able to post that in this topic or not. Its not going to be allowed.

#88 WharfRat

WharfRat
  • 11157 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 July 2011 - 12:07 PM

This has nothing about denying you the ability to express your concerns. You can do that just as easily in a PM. Its extremely unprofessional to have a topic announcing that we made a new monitor, and to have people complaining about his promotion in that topic.

Regardless of if you feel you should be able to post that in this topic or not. Its not going to be allowed.

1. One that moderates, as:
a. One that arbitrates or mediates.
b. One who presides over a meeting, forum, or debate.

Monitor
a : a student appointed to assist a teacher
b : one that warns or instructs

I think it is becoming more and more evident of the style of leadership you prefer. ;) Better to be authoritarian and dictate than to ever mediate? ;)

As I said, I have no problems with Toxic and wish him the best of luck and only wish to congratulate him on his promotion! :D

#89 Georgina

Georgina
  • 2216 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 July 2011 - 01:13 PM

Congratulations Toxic, I'm sure you will do very well as new mod here, nice to see some promotions :)

#90 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 July 2011 - 01:27 PM

Monitor

I think it is becoming more and more evident of the style of leadership you prefer. ;) Better to be authoritarian and dictate than to ever mediate? ;)

As I said, I have no problems with Toxic and wish him the best of luck and only wish to congratulate him on his promotion! :D

Try Spelling mistake.

#91 WharfRat

WharfRat
  • 11157 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 July 2011 - 01:33 PM

Try Spelling mistake.

You spelled monitor correctly. The issue wasn't with the spelling, but with the connotation of the word.

#92 ToxicS

ToxicS
  • 2580 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 01:35 PM

What! Why the name change! I swear it's been toxic-snipe for like the past decade lol! All the way back from GZP hahaha.

Congratulations though. :)

It can't be helped :( And thanks

#93 Cory

Cory
  • Dinnerbone'd

• 7487 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 July 2011 - 01:37 PM

Rather hard to turn monitor into moderator... there are at least 5 letters of difference. I think you mean that you typed the wrong word instead of the one that you wanted. I had assumed it was this inane oversight that caused the discrepancy, though I found the difference between the two words oddly fitting for the way I perceive you to view the administrative role along with the differences between our visions of codex. (Community vs. Program page.) ;)

http://fyouautocorrect.com/

#94 WharfRat

WharfRat
  • 11157 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 July 2011 - 01:40 PM

http://fyouautocorrect.com/

Except Adam doesn't use an iPhone. He hates apple products, so it really isn't applicable to him. :p

(P.s. I edited my post to be more accurate and less of a rambling train wreck. :p)

#95 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 July 2011 - 01:43 PM

Move on ladies, nothing to see here.

#96 GarenaMaster

GarenaMaster
  • 346 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 July 2011 - 02:16 PM

congrats toxics :ninja:

#97 Hawk

Hawk
  • hawk·ish·ly

• 9688 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 July 2011 - 04:55 PM

Monitor

:rofl: He has been proving it a lot lately.

#98 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 July 2011 - 05:38 PM

Except Adam doesn't use an iPhone. He hates apple products, so it really isn't applicable to him. :p

(P.s. I edited my post to be more accurate and less of a rambling train wreck. :p)

I'm glad you know everything about me. You know me much better then I know myself apparently.

#99 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 July 2011 - 05:44 PM

I'm glad you know everything about me. You know me much better then I know myself apparently.

Do you think you guys can take this to PM or something? Thanks.

#100 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 July 2011 - 05:54 PM

im sure that wont be an issue.

xD

We've been appointing moderators for 7 years now. Every single one we've appointed, someone's had some sort of problem with them. It's mostly really minor stuff, or a grudge, or something.

I don't play much attention to people complaining right at the beginning anymore because of this. :/

[spoiler]

Is there such a member? maybe Scot? Everyone loves Scot :D Cept Zevrom

Congratulations Toxic, I honestly think you'll be a great moderator :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users