Photo

The Small Islands ARE Krawk Island

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1 MeWantCookies

MeWantCookies
  • 60 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 08:46 AM

I just saw this in the neoboard, and I thought I'd share after I confirmed it. The small islands we're finding are bits and pieces of Krawk Island. When you're not logged in, and you try to visit the Shanty, you get this message:
"This land of scurvy swashbucklers suffered a tremendous blow, however, when a mysterious sea creature sent pieces of the island scattering in every direction.

Help in the effort to restore this magnificent island by becoming a part of the search and rescue effort. In order to participate, you must log in or sign up.

We've already found Krawk Island. It seems like the event is an attempt to put the island back together.

#2 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 July 2011 - 09:11 AM

That is a very good induction. I completely agree with you. I remember someone posting a pic about all these island pieces (maybe that was just a troll, but I didn't confirm or deny it). I tried to look for the board, but can't find it. It was a pic of islands (not colored in) and then seemed to fit with other islands. This will be an annoying puzzle. =_____=

#3 Guest_prizeraker_*

Guest_prizeraker_*

Posted 22 July 2011 - 10:01 AM

fffffffffffffffffffffffff

so boring mini event

#4 Applepi

Applepi
  • 1641 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 July 2011 - 10:04 AM

hmmm, that's interesting. I wonder if this will end up being more than just a puzzle though...doesn't seem like there's much more to it as of right now.

#5 Chalk

Chalk
  • 311 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 July 2011 - 10:53 AM

Are we in day 2 or 3? :3

#6 CudderIsBack

CudderIsBack
  • 50 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 11:12 AM

Are we in day 2 or 3? :3

Two :)

#7 Rikku

Rikku
  • 2109 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 11:14 AM

that's all fine and all, but what about the people that are actually finding the krawk island on their maps?

#8 Lallard

Lallard
  • 487 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 11:21 AM

fffffffffffffffffffffffff

so boring mini event

Then don't do the event if it bores you so much...Problem solved.

Seems like we're going to have to wait for another week till' TNT adds more flair to this event. With all the trigger-happy BDers out there I still have my hopes for a battle phase =_=

#9 Kyouma

Kyouma
  • 496 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 July 2011 - 06:02 PM

Wait.
There are actually people who have found Krawk Island?
What'd they get?

#10 Pineapple

Pineapple
  • 48 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 09:19 PM

Wait.
There are actually people who have found Krawk Island?
What'd they get?

http://www.neopets.com/~cutie2003741

#11 Pawn

Pawn
  • 31 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 09:25 PM

This is the pic of the pieces of the island scattered about:
Posted Image

I've seen a screenshot of what it looks like when you find krawk island but I don't remember where the screenshot is..

#12 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 July 2011 - 09:40 PM

Everyone knows its just a ploy by tnt to buy time so they can remodel KI. It will come back all flash enhanced and crap........

#13 Xelres

Xelres
  • 30 posts

Posted 23 July 2011 - 12:12 AM

I just wish that tnt didn't have to bring NC into this =/

Although, does anyone reckon that during this time the codestones will inflate in price whilest dubloons will deflate?

#14 iomega

iomega
  • 1070 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 July 2011 - 12:45 AM

This is what the Krawk in the shanty says after you complete today's searches:

Ahoy! Back from a long day of roundin' up me -- I mean, Krawk Island's islets? Now that we know Krawk Island's actually made up numerous smaller islands, I'll have far greater flexibility in rearranging the plots so that I can make Krawk Island better than ever! Don't look so startled, swabby -- the fates must've chosen to leave my plot as the island's sole remnant for a reason...

Guess they really are parts of Krawk Island

Edited by iomega, 23 July 2011 - 12:45 AM.

#15 inima

inima
  • 92 posts

Posted 23 July 2011 - 05:42 AM

In the end, He will join all the islands and form the Krawk Island? LOL

#16 MeWantCookies

MeWantCookies
  • 60 posts

Posted 23 July 2011 - 08:36 AM

This is the pic of the pieces of the island scattered about:
Posted Image

I've seen a screenshot of what it looks like when you find krawk island but I don't remember where the screenshot is..

And this is a picture of how the islands might fit back together. (Taken from this petpage: http://www.neopets.com/~obsidianlight)
Posted Image

#17 Regimax

Regimax
  • 25 posts

Posted 23 July 2011 - 08:47 AM

-.- I think its annoying that they had to redirect all the links that have something to do with Krawk Island. I make a lot of my money off Food Club and now I have to wait till its all over. -.- This better be a hella good redesign of ALL the pages...

#18 SweetHoney

SweetHoney
  • 142 posts

Posted 23 July 2011 - 11:22 PM

If we have to puzzle it I'll hate it that we have to find every island that would be annoying. And even returning back to the Shanty it mentions being remodelled

#19 Pineapple

Pineapple
  • 48 posts

Posted 23 July 2011 - 11:54 PM

TNT just gonna make us piece them together, then yay everybody get some cheapskate super deflated item. if only this is a plot, events really have nothing to look forward to.

#20 weaboo

weaboo
  • 218 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 02:43 AM

It's a rubbish mini plot, Omg. Even the faerie one was better haha. Or shall I say tarla. o.O

#21 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 July 2011 - 01:27 PM

I don't even consider this to be a plot. It's more like a mini site event. This is more like the Negg Hunts, Advert Calender, and Tarla (though I would never say that this is better than Tarla for sure because we don't know the final prizes as of yet).

Has anyone else tried fitting together all the islands together into one? I tried doing so and it somewhat looks like a krawk's profile with holes for a lake or pond but I'm exaggerating when I say that. It more looks like a stepped-on cookie.

#22 Guest_prizeraker_*

Guest_prizeraker_*

Posted 24 July 2011 - 02:44 PM

So there are people that moved on to the next stage of the mini-event?

the island tetris like game?

#23 Juturna

Juturna
  • 400 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 03:38 PM

So basically, the kraken ate up Krawk Island, and puked it back up into smaller pieces?

Everyone knows its just a ploy by tnt to buy time so they can remodel KI. It will come back all flash enhanced and crap........

Most likely.

#24 Guest_prizeraker_*

Guest_prizeraker_*

Posted 24 July 2011 - 03:59 PM

I question whether there will even be prizes at the end, all these spam items seem enough "reward" as I would expect from something like this

#25 Shirlyn

Shirlyn
  • 122 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 04:12 PM

Lol, the reward is you get nice nc prizes that will inflate overtime!

IF you can buy nc XD

:sarcasm:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users