32 replies to this topic

#1 Mai

Mai
  • 96 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 July 2011 - 05:06 AM

[Krawk Island] Easy way to Solve Retrieval Chart

Welcome to this guide!

The new part of the Krawk Event is to retrieve the island. To do that, you have to solve a puzzle. It's a mini game of sudoku.

This is the possibility of a puzzle you can get. You need to solve it by placing the next figures over the board.

If you're like me, you don't want to spent much time on it. Lucky, it's a sudoku puzzle. Which means there are enough solvers online. I choose to use this one, since it offer solutions for 2x2 sudoku.

The first thing that needs to be done, is to change it from a 3x3 sudoku to a 2x2. You can do this at the top. Change Nx= and Ny= both from 3 to 2. You now have a field that matches that on Neopets.

Next take a look at the things on neopets. I used to count of the neopets to translate them to numbers and how the sudoku board is. So in this case:

Bruce = 1
Lupe = 2
Mynci = 3
Skeith = 4

Meaning the board is

? ? ? ?
? ? ? 3
? 4 ? ?
? 2 ? 1

This is exactly what you need to enter in the sudoku solver and click 'solve'.

All that is left now, if to translate the numbers back to neopets and put them in their right spot on the board.

Hope this helped you save some time!

Edited by Mai, 22 August 2011 - 02:58 PM.

#2 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 July 2011 - 05:30 AM

I'll try to knock up a greasemonkey script to do this automatically tomorrow (I've already done my one for today), I've already done the logic for it and it works fine.

#3 Mai

Mai
  • 96 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 July 2011 - 05:56 AM

I'll try to knock up a greasemonkey script to do this automatically tomorrow (I've already done my one for today), I've already done the logic for it and it works fine.

Thank you. I can't wait. :)

#4 Neoquest

Neoquest
  • 1760 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 July 2011 - 07:29 AM

Awesome Waser, I'd be glad to have that.

#5 Runic

Runic
  • 47 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 07:57 AM

+1
Awesome, thank you! I love this KI event. I hope they do Tyrannia next.

#6 Rikku

Rikku
  • 2109 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 08:18 AM

This is good and all, but shouldn't this be in the plot tracking section?

Just saying...

Thanks for the guide, i'm sure it'll help some people out..

#7 Ameria

Ameria
  • 55 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 08:19 AM

Nice topic.

Very nice.

#8 Rikku

Rikku
  • 2109 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 08:27 AM

Is it relaly worth the time and the effort to do this? I mean who can't silve this? It's not even as big as a real sudoku puzzle...

#9 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 July 2011 - 08:32 AM

Is it relaly worth the time and the effort to do this? I mean who can't silve this? It's not even as big as a real sudoku puzzle...

It's good for advertising purposes. :p I've already wrote the algorithm anyway.

#10 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 July 2011 - 08:36 AM

It's good for advertising purposes. :p I've already wrote the algorithm anyway.

Remember the Sloth Plot influx?
Oh god.

#11 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 July 2011 - 08:37 AM

Remember the Sloth Plot influx?
Oh god.

That was huge. :p This one won't be anywhere near as popular as that since it's much simpler. I think we were actually the first site to work out the Sloth Plot.

#12 Frank274

Frank274
  • 2051 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 08:49 AM

It won't let me put anything on the board. Am I doing something wrong?

#13 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 July 2011 - 08:50 AM

It won't let me put anything on the board. Am I doing something wrong?

Click the characters at the top of the board first then click a square.

#14 Frank274

Frank274
  • 2051 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 08:52 AM

Click the characters at the top of the board first then click a square.

I am. It still wasn't doing anything for me. I'll try back later, see if that works. Could Adblock be preventing it from working?

#15 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 July 2011 - 08:53 AM

I am. It still wasn't doing anything for me. I'll try back later, see if that works. Could Adblock be preventing it from working?

The only thing which would stop it working would be if you have javascript disabled I think.

#16 Frank274

Frank274
  • 2051 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 08:55 AM

The only thing which would stop it working would be if you have javascript disabled I think.

I'm pretty sure javascript is working. I'll try again later and if I run into problems, I'll be sure to post here :)

#17 Maloo

Maloo
  • 445 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 09:00 AM

Thanks Mai >.<

#18 Rikku

Rikku
  • 2109 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 09:16 AM

worked fine for me... maybe try restarting your browser?

#19 diablofox

diablofox
  • 12 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 10:04 AM

@Waser

It is suppose to get harder each day so I don't know if that will make a difference or not.

#20 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 July 2011 - 10:05 AM

@Waser

It is suppose to get harder each day so I don't know if that will make a difference or not.

Where does it say it'll get harder?

#21 diablofox

diablofox
  • 12 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 10:11 AM

At last, the time has arrived to set out on your first retrieval mission. Thankfully, you get to start small, bringin' back a rather tiny islet. Properly balance your vessel by skillfully arrangin' crew members so that, within each of the four coloured shapes, ye have no more than one of each type for every column and row.

Says you start small indicating that the next ones are gonna be harder I mean do you think they would make them all 3x4? That would be way to easy.

#22 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 July 2011 - 10:15 AM

At last, the time has arrived to set out on your first retrieval mission. Thankfully, you get to start small, bringin' back a rather tiny islet. Properly balance your vessel by skillfully arrangin' crew members so that, within each of the four coloured shapes, ye have no more than one of each type for every column and row.

Says you start small indicating that the next ones are gonna be harder I mean do you think they would make them all 3x4? That would be way to easy.

It should be easy enough to extend it, we'll see. :p

Can anybody get me the html source of the board page and PM it to me please?

#23 lonewolf

lonewolf
  • 243 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 06:23 PM

awesome! just did it today :D

#24 b2hua

b2hua
  • 42 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 06:00 AM

I'm not sure if a sudoku solver works for the next one, so here is what I got:
Posted Image

#25 MoriNoRyu

MoriNoRyu
  • 211 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 06:18 AM

The concept works the same way since the premise is the same, you just have to think harder a bit more, It was also posted on the other board a while ago xD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users