Photo

Magma Time Finder

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 Goose

Goose
  • 199 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 03:24 AM

Just an idea, mostly because I got to the pool, painted a pet but didn't keep track of the time because it was before that had been figured out and I didn't think it was relevant - doh!

Obviously, the success would be a one time thing...but maybe you could set it running and it would check the Magma pool every 10 minutes (I think it's a 10 minute slot isn't it?), you wouldn't want it to do the whole 24 hours all at once, but it could keep a record of the times that had been checked and failed, and you could just run at different times every so often until you find the right time, then the program would keep a record of the successful time when it finally found it (and not send a pet to get painted magma). Although, it could ruin the value of Magma pets? Are they valuable?

Just realised this is in the wrong Forum....sorry. >.>

#2 iomega

iomega
  • 1070 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 December 2011 - 03:51 AM

If you're using Firefox or Chrome Pyro wrote a GM script that visits the magma pool to see if the guard is sleeping. You can find it here: Here you go: http://userscripts.o...ipts/show/88328

Edited by iomega, 09 December 2011 - 03:52 AM.

#3 Irradium

Irradium
  • Pyro (699) Maniac

• 892 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 December 2011 - 01:15 PM

Wow, this is pretty nice. :D

#4 CJames

CJames
  • 388 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 02:28 PM

Just an idea, mostly because I got to the pool, painted a pet but didn't keep track of the time because it was before that had been figured out and I didn't think it was relevant - doh!

Obviously, the success would be a one time thing...but maybe you could set it running and it would check the Magma pool every 10 minutes (I think it's a 10 minute slot isn't it?), you wouldn't want it to do the whole 24 hours all at once, but it could keep a record of the times that had been checked and failed, and you could just run at different times every so often until you find the right time, then the program would keep a record of the successful time when it finally found it (and not send a pet to get painted magma). Although, it could ruin the value of Magma pets? Are they valuable?

Just realised this is in the wrong Forum....sorry. >.>

You cant pound magma pets... they will turn red.. I'm not very sure on the transfer option though...

#5 Rainie

Rainie
  • 854 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 02:31 PM

...Although, it could ruin the value of Magma pets? Are they valuable?

Not really :p~ /to both questions/

You cant pound magma pets... they will turn red.. I'm not very sure on the transfer option though...

Magma pets will stay Magma when transferred ^__^

#6 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 December 2011 - 02:34 PM

This is true. Using the transfer option though, is good. It will not change the pet to red. They stay Magma.

#7 BEEEEWRRYY

BEEEEWRRYY
  • 315 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 10:02 AM

Can't seem to install it anymore. says lines are null?

Nvm.. it works now. Can i have the script active while I ab too?

Edited by BEEEEWRRYY, 10 December 2011 - 11:23 AM.

#8 iomega

iomega
  • 1070 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 December 2011 - 05:00 PM

Can't seem to install it anymore. says lines are null?

Nvm.. it works now. Can i have the script active while I ab too?

You shouldn't be browsing Neopets at all when you're using a program.

#9 Kauvara

Kauvara
  • 302 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 06:10 PM

Awesome! I have to show this to my little brother, he wants a magma pet soooo bad. Thank you!!!! :)

#10 BEEEEWRRYY

BEEEEWRRYY
  • 315 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 07:14 PM

Might be a stupid question, but how does this script work? Do I just open a browser and stay in the magma pool and it automatically refreshes or something?

#11 iomega

iomega
  • 1070 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 December 2011 - 09:19 PM

Might be a stupid question, but how does this script work? Do I just open a browser and stay in the magma pool and it automatically refreshes or something?

Open the browser to the magma pool page then the script will refresh there every few minutes (for as long as you have it open) until the guard falls asleep.

#12 BEEEEWRRYY

BEEEEWRRYY
  • 315 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 11:16 PM

Open the browser to the magma pool page then the script will refresh there every few minutes (for as long as you have it open) until the guard falls asleep.

Ooo thanks. I just thought nothing was happening because I was at the magma pool but the page doesnt refresh or anything...

#13 Rift

Rift
  • 12 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 05:49 AM

I was wondering, since the guard is only asleep for 10 mins each day, what happens if you DO find it, but you didn't check during that time and you missed the time frame? Does the script record and tell you when it discovered the guard asleep?

#14 Spirited

Spirited
  • 677 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 February 2012 - 06:14 AM

I was wondering, since the guard is only asleep for 10 mins each day, what happens if you DO find it, but you didn't check during that time and you missed the time frame? Does the script record and tell you when it discovered the guard asleep?

The script would alert you, and also indicate the time (the same as your computer's clock) that the guard is asleep. :)
You will have to acknowledge the script by pressing "Ok" so you won't miss it.

#15 Mishatu

Mishatu
  • 346 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 10:23 AM

I don't know if this has been taken into account with the code, but some people have it as two separate 5-minute slots (such as myself).

How do I know this? I was actually checking all the times manually and found only 5 minutes when the guard was asleep. The slots before and after were both not valid. (Unless it's a very strange time slot, like from 5:07-5:17, in which case I could have missed part of the time)

#16 madbluebox

madbluebox
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 07:58 AM

Hey, I downloaded the finder and I have the magma pool open but I don't know what it's supposed to do when it's found the time slot? Does it open a new tab or does it have a pop-up? Because a new tab was opened but my antivirus software blocked it as malware so I closed it. I hope somebody still looks at this blog...

#17 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 June 2013 - 08:09 AM

After you've installed the script you'll have to open the magma pool page (http://www.neopets.c...agma/pool.phtml) and the script will refresh the page automatically and display an alert if the guard is asleep.

#18 madbluebox

madbluebox
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 09:50 AM

After you've installed the script you'll have to open the magma pool page (http://www.neopets.c...agma/pool.phtml) and the script will refresh the page automatically and display an alert if the guard is asleep.

Oh, so it doesn't open a new tab? I'm sorry I must sound like an idiot but I've never used Firefox before. What does the alert look like? And thank you for responding.

#19 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 June 2013 - 09:54 AM

Oh, so it doesn't open a new tab? I'm sorry I must sound like an idiot but I've never used Firefox before. What does the alert look like? And thank you for responding.

No, it should refresh whatever tab you opened the magma page in. The alert will just be a little popup with a message about the guard being asleep, you'll know it when you see it. :p

#20 DonValentino

DonValentino
  • Neocodex Handegg League Champion/Daddy

• 2482 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 June 2013 - 11:23 PM

Any chance there's one for chrome?

#21 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 June 2013 - 11:35 PM

Any chance there's one for chrome?

Pretty sure the one listed above will work with tapermonkey for chrome.

#22 HImperial

HImperial
  • 19 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 05:51 AM

If the program find the guard asleep, but I'm not in front of the computer at this time, I can go to the pool again at the same time in another day and it'll work?

#23 Neon

Neon
  • 96 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 09:33 AM

If the program find the guard asleep, but I'm not in front of the computer at this time, I can go to the pool again at the same time in another day and it'll work?

Yep, the program records the time and your account has that time permanently. Each day you will be able to use the magma pool at the recorded time. :)

#24 HImperial

HImperial
  • 19 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 12:27 PM

Yep, the program records the time and your account has that time permanently. Each day you will be able to use the magma pool at the recorded time. :)

Thank you! One more thing: the guard sleeps during 10 minutes? Right? :)

var MIN_WAIT = 8
var MAX_WAIT = 12

These are the times in minutes between each page refresh?

Edited by HImperial, 19 June 2013 - 12:28 PM.

#25 idontknow951

idontknow951
  • 490 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 05:53 PM

Thank you! One more thing: the guard sleeps during 10 minutes? Right? :)

var MIN_WAIT = 8
var MAX_WAIT = 12

These are the times in minutes between each page refresh?

Yes and yes

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users