Photo

Scotty Nymhantino Presents: The Great Codex Scavenger Hunt

• Please log in to reply
843 replies to this topic

#751 Kauvara

Kauvara
  • 302 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 07:55 PM

I was super busy today....but I actually managed to get this one done with only an hour to spare. WOOT!
Suprisingly, I found it more difficult to find a poker chip. It took me nearly an hour to find this fucker :(
Posted Image
Then I ripped apart one of these bad boys for 6 AAAA's:
Posted Image

Edited by Jabberwock, 07 January 2012 - 07:55 PM.

#752 Salamanda

Salamanda
  • 1000 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 January 2012 - 08:18 PM

I was super busy today....but I actually managed to get this one done with only an hour to spare. WOOT!
Suprisingly, I found it more difficult to find a poker chip. It took me nearly an hour to find this fucker :(

Then I ripped apart one of these bad boys for 6 AAAA's:

What are you, a time traveller?!

Posted Image

#753 Kauvara

Kauvara
  • 302 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 08:39 PM

*on phone* thought the challenge ended at midnight? :( (its almost that time here) since yesterdays challenge was cut off bit early...lol if seriously missed this by 10 minutes not gonna lie might just cry x(

#754 onlyme

onlyme
  • I hate everyone.

• 4319 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 January 2012 - 08:52 PM

Posted Image

#755 Scot

Scot
  • ≡^ᴥ^≡

• 3935 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 January 2012 - 09:00 PM

What are you, a time traveller?!

Posted Image

Heh. Troll.

*on phone* thought the challenge ended at midnight? :( (its almost that time here) since yesterdays challenge was cut off bit early...lol if seriously missed this by 10 minutes not gonna lie might just cry x(

Yeah you missed it. I posted the scoreboard early last night but I noted that the round was still open and persuasion quoted it and got his pic in right before the deadline. Not sure how you missed that.

All challenges are 24 hours unless otherwise stated, and are independent of other challenges as per rule 2.

#756 Moragor

Moragor
  • 24 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 09:23 PM

Welp

I have already credited you but I still would like to see the package closer up and what it says on the back just for fun.

I took some pics with a better camera so you can actually read it. I figured I wouldn't be able to find these in a store, but it turned out the local radioshack had some, the employee didn't even seem surprised when I asked for some.

Spoiler

#757 Kauvara

Kauvara
  • 302 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 09:31 PM

Well that's fucked.... looks like I'm done then not really interested in risking my account for anything other than the SoS so good luck t hose who made it... -_-

#758 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 January 2012 - 09:38 PM

I took some pics with a better camera so you can actually read it. I figured I wouldn't be able to find these in a store, but it turned out the local radioshack had some, the employee didn't even seem surprised when I asked for some.

Spoiler

RadioShack was where I found my batteries as well :o Everywhere only had AAA at most. They have a relatively small shop in the mall and literally half a wall was nothing but batteries. I even bought a new battery for my PokeWalker which didn't even cost 2 dollars. When I turned it on, I finally know that a Geodude was taking residence the entire time.

#759 kfray

kfray
  • 23 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 10:28 PM

whats that on the wall behind you? i looked at it for a while but couldnt figure out what it is. i can see a face... like this: ._.

Oh, that's a letter K. Bad placement, sorry. :p

#760 Scot

Scot
  • ≡^ᴥ^≡

• 3935 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 January 2012 - 10:42 PM

Spoiler

Cool~

Posted Image

We are down to the final 2 undefeated contestants. As per the conditions I mentioned earlier, if one of them manages to score a point while the other does not, the game will end.

The (Hopefully) Final Challenge:

A Spork
A (Political) Campaign Ad/Sign/Poster/Billboard (no mail,pamphlets, flyers,anything that looks homemade,bumper sticker). (Imaginary) Bonus points if you find one of those LaRouche PAC Obama signs with Joker makeup AND a Hitler 'stache!
An(d my) Axe!

#761 Kauvara

Kauvara
  • 302 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 11:24 PM

This is supposed to be about having fun and a laugh... the prizes are just a bonus at the end of it... Great sportsmanship there *thumbs up*

Never said I didn't have fun. I'm sure you can understand the frustration when live half an hour from town and had to go there for most of these..splurged on the battery only to find out I'm ten minutes late. I just don't care to play anymore as its a bit much to go out to town to complete a challenge for prizes im not really interested in. I'm giving someone else a shot at a prize and wished the remaining contestants good luck... ;P Not really bad sportsmanship you ask me but I can see how it seems that way.

#762 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 January 2012 - 11:40 PM

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO oh fuck i spent all day trying to find the poker chips and AAAA batteries, just to get home with them to find this one closed :( i actually drove 100kms out of my way to get them all too.....

Posted Image

Posted Image

#763 Keil

Keil

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 January 2012 - 11:46 PM

TRICHOMES, it's just you an me, baby!

Edit: Wait a minute... does the third item imply that we have to fly to Texas and literally pry the body spray or chopping tool from you?

Edited by Keil, 07 January 2012 - 11:49 PM.

#764 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 January 2012 - 11:52 PM

i think it was a LOTR reference.... XD

#765 Scot

Scot
  • ≡^ᴥ^≡

• 3935 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 January 2012 - 11:54 PM

Never said I didn't have fun. I'm sure you can understand the frustration when live half an hour from town and had to go there for most of these..splurged on the battery only to find out I'm ten minutes late. I just don't care to play anymore as its a bit much to go out to town to complete a challenge for prizes im not really interested in. I'm giving someone else a shot at a prize and wished the remaining contestants good luck... ;P Not really bad sportsmanship you ask me but I can see how it seems that way.

Don't worry, you can still win 1st pick by completing the next 2 challenges! Assuming neither of them gets the next 2 :shifty:

TRICHOMES, it's just you an me, baby!

Edit: Wait a minute... does the third item imply that we have to fly to Texas and literally pry the body spray or chopping tool from you?

No bodyspray or guitars

#766 Keil

Keil

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 January 2012 - 12:04 AM

i think it was a LOTR reference.... XD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxPGzj2L3n0

Posted Image
I am beyond embarassed that I didn't catch that reference. I need to sleep now

#767 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 January 2012 - 12:20 AM

and to think i actually have a spork and an axe... just no campaign posters etc as we dont have any elections going on here..... Im assuming this means we can't participate anymore seeing as those signs are american only?

#768 Scot

Scot
  • ≡^ᴥ^≡

• 3935 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 January 2012 - 12:28 AM

and to think i actually have a spork and an axe... just no campaign posters etc as we dont have any elections going on here..... Im assuming this means we can't participate anymore seeing as those signs are american only?

You have no way of obtaining leftover signs from anywhere? America is not in election season either.

#769 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 January 2012 - 12:33 AM

nah pretty sure our last election was back like 2 years ago now (almost) and the signs just get tossed out.

#770 Turnip

Turnip
  • woomy woomy manmenmi!!

• 2511 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 January 2012 - 01:41 AM

I haven't seen any political posters or anything like that for a while either :o

Oh well, heheh~ Good luck everyone! :D

#771 onlyme

onlyme
  • I hate everyone.

• 4319 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 January 2012 - 07:49 AM

what is a spork? that:

Posted Image

??

#772 Scot

Scot
  • ≡^ᴥ^≡

• 3935 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 January 2012 - 09:26 AM

Posted Image

#773 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 January 2012 - 10:44 AM

What the fuck did I do with that Kinky Friedman for governor poster I stole a few years back...

#774 Trichomes

Trichomes
  • 🐱 💖 🍄

• 1781 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 January 2012 - 04:19 PM

Axe!
Posted Image

Child sporks!
Posted Image

And last but not least...
Posted Image

I had to cross a busy street, in the dark, and stand directly in front of a cemetery (on the other side of that fence) to get this picture. Posted Image

#775 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 January 2012 - 04:43 PM

Oh shit, you did it! haha now lets see if Keil gets it done..... (steal my idea for the kiddy spork.....) :p

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users