New Years Resolution

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#1 Sida

Sida
  • Tsvetesman

• 3865 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 11:04 AM

I have to decide on one before midnight. Do you have one? If so, what is it?

#2 Hawk

Hawk
  • hawk·ish·ly

• 9688 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 December 2011 - 11:18 AM

To spend this year doing what I want for myself. To improve myself, and to have fun.

A lot of that stems from me and my ex breaking up. The year+ I was with her I slowly phased out doing what I liked, and I spent too much time doing what she wanted even if it did not interest me. So fuck that, I'm doing what I want for this next year, and none of you can tell me otherwise. Also, I realize that I do need to improve myself, and I know I need to get back to working out and I need to start eating right. I'll keep improving myself mentally as well, because the coursework I have tends to do that, socially I turn 21 in a month, so that'll be fun.

So... yeah. :D

#3 chipndale

chipndale
  • 45 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 11:43 AM

Neo-related or just general?

For the first: train my battle pet's stats as much as possible. earn more nps, get better weapons, and maybe look into 2p when I have more time and a better set.

For the latter: find a job which can pay my rent, my living expenses like food and pub; and work hard. For the first 6 months I'd probably wanna save up as much money as possible.

Wow never thought I'd be saying these things on an online forum where I haven't even met a single member in real life hahaha :)

#4 Spirited

Spirited
  • 677 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 December 2011 - 11:47 AM

To sleep earlier.

& it's already almost 4am. :shifty:

#5 nyan

nyan
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 12:05 PM

I would probably say sleep earlier too, start school again, and find a new job :)
OH & buy myself a pair of running shoes & run for my fucking life.

#6 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 December 2011 - 12:21 PM

Women. Drugs. Alcohol.

Find more time in mbusy schedule to appreciate them.

#7 Cyo

Cyo
  • Pauly D

• 2561 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 December 2011 - 12:37 PM

New year's resolutions are bullcrap. If you truly wanted to change something then you'd do it now. Saying "Oh I'll stop 3 days from now xD" or something like that won't achieve shit.

You want to quit smoking? Stop that shit right now, give the cigarettes to a bum (Buff applied: Gift of Charity!) and don't buy any more, it's simple as that.
Want to get a girl/boyfriend? Go ask that chick/dude out for a date and tell them how hot and bothered they make you and if they feel the same way, problem fucking solved.
Want to get in shape for motherfucking summer? Go outside and take a fucking walk, eat smaller portions, repeat daily, whaddaya know you ain't a fat piece of shit anymore.

Personally I just want to smoke cigs and drink myself to a drunken stupor because I'm fucking depressed as shit and don't even feel like getting better.

#8 Random

Random
  • 8199 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 December 2011 - 12:38 PM

I don't do resolutions. I set goals throughout the entire year.
However, here is a short list of things I will accomplish in 2012 that I already have written.

• Continue getting good grades/get better grades.
  • Gain 15 pounds to bring myself to 190.
  • Subsequently, getting my bench press 5x5 to 190. Max at : 235+
  • Run a triathlon and the "Tough Mudder."
  • Grow my web design business with 10 new clients by the year's end.
  • Automate my copywriting business almost completely.
  • Finish my other two in dev business projects and release them.
  • Read more books that everyone should read. (Classic literature)
The list goes on. It's perpetually added to and completed and is in my phone.

#9 Irradium

Irradium
  • Pyro (699) Maniac

• 892 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 December 2011 - 12:52 PM

Not swear as much as I used to this year. 3 hours to go here, so it's 'this year'

#10 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 December 2011 - 04:12 PM

My new years resolution is to never trust anyone again.

#11 Ladida

Ladida
  • Night Owl 🌛

• 2152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 December 2011 - 04:36 PM

• Read as many classics as I possibly can. I have the time now that I've graduated.
  • Exercise every day, build up the number of hours.
  • Spend less time online. I want to explore the real world :)
  • Get into a proper sleeping pattern, instead of wandering across time zones.
  • Clean my room more often :p
  • Get into and keep in touch with people I lost track of during university.
I've already started on these, so they're technically not New Year's Resolutions, but they're resolutions all the same :)

#12 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 December 2011 - 05:20 PM

New year's resolutions are bullcrap. If you truly wanted to change something then you'd do it now. Saying "Oh I'll stop 3 days from now xD" or something like that won't achieve shit.

You want to quit smoking? Stop that shit right now, give the cigarettes to a bum (Buff applied: Gift of Charity!) and don't buy any more, it's simple as that.
Want to get a girl/boyfriend? Go ask that chick/dude out for a date and tell them how hot and bothered they make you and if they feel the same way, problem fucking solved.
Want to get in shape for motherfucking summer? Go outside and take a fucking walk, eat smaller portions, repeat daily, whaddaya know you ain't a fat piece of shit anymore.

Personally I just want to smoke cigs and drink myself to a drunken stupor because I'm fucking depressed as shit and don't even feel like getting better.

I totally agree with everything you've just said. Even the last sentence.
I feel... unclean.

#13 Turnip

Turnip
  • woomy woomy manmenmi!!

• 2511 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 December 2011 - 05:28 PM

Hmmm.... I haven't really thought about it x3
I guess to keep trying my best at drawing and stuff!!

#14 ShinaDutchAD

ShinaDutchAD
  • Banned from trading! Do not trade with this member!

• 532 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 07:18 PM

I don't do resolutions myself. However, I am hoping to be able to have enough money to buy my own place at the end of the year :3

#15 Kraftwerk

Kraftwerk
  • 187 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 December 2011 - 08:29 PM

Getting in better shape, studying, not sleeping in class and being a better person (baaaaw).

But I really just want to finally meet someone I know for about 5 years on the Internet, IRL. I think I'll be able to on summer. :)

#16 Turnip

Turnip
  • woomy woomy manmenmi!!

• 2511 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 December 2011 - 09:00 PM

I don't do resolutions myself. However, I am hoping to be able to have enough money to buy my own place at the end of the year :3

Oh gosh, good luck!! Hopefully I'll be able to move out by the end of the year too~

#17 ShinaDutchAD

ShinaDutchAD
  • Banned from trading! Do not trade with this member!

• 532 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 09:43 PM

Oh gosh, good luck!! Hopefully I'll be able to move out by the end of the year too~

I wish you luck as well! I'm hoping to get enough for a decent down payment on at LEAST a studio. I don't need too much space for myself

#18 Kaitan

Kaitan
  • 82 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 09:48 PM

I want my own place, and I want to learn how to drive.

#19 Ashlee

Ashlee
  • 75 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 10:12 PM

I'll be continuing with my weight loss. My only other goal is to actually start planning and saving for my wedding next year. I got engaged in Dec 2010 and we plan on getting married around July 2013... seemed like a long time back then and in 12 months we have achieved zilch on the planning/saving front. Now it feels to close.

Edited by Ashlee, 31 December 2011 - 10:12 PM.

#20 Hawk

Hawk
  • hawk·ish·ly

• 9688 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 January 2012 - 01:06 AM

My new years resolution is to never trust anyone again.

I don't know what went down, but that isn't the right way to handle the situation.

To all the people who are saying "Move out", it is really a liberating feeling. If you still live with your parents, moving out will likely be the best thing for you. If you are a student, I STRONGLY suggest having roommates. They can be annoying at times, but they can also become some of your best friends.

#21 Volition

Volition
  • 701 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 01:10 AM

my resolution: suck less

#22 Galadriel

Galadriel
  • Creature of the Night

• 924 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 January 2012 - 01:48 AM

To sweat blood in univeristy :D And stay fit/ get fitter.

#23 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 January 2012 - 02:57 AM

I have things I'm working on...
  • Brush my teeth twice every day. Just had my first cavity drilled and I'm not eager to repeat the process. Ever.
  • Get and hold a decent job. I've just finished polishing my resume, and I'm about to send out the first batch of applications. Job searching is like a full time job in and of itself >_<
  • Let old acquaintances be forgot. People I've considered friends in the past haven't really been looking out for my best interests. That needs to change.
  • Go back to taekwondo. I need a regular workout, and of all the methods I've tried, this was the best for me. Haven't been back in around 3 years.
  • Organize my voluminous collection of books into some semblance of order. The shelves are alright, but I've got around 50 stacked on the floor...
  • Quit smoking. This isn't a new years resolution, I've been at it for a while. Currently down to 1-2 cigs a day.

@Cyo, I don't hold with resolutions really. I've never made them in the past. But admitting things about yourself that you need to change is a good idea, regardless of when you do so.

Women. Drugs. Alcohol.

Aren't you a police officer? Good job training, that.

#24 Silentqueen

Silentqueen
  • 187 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 January 2012 - 03:38 AM

My new year's resolutions:
  • meditate more
  • start a mini herb garden
  • move to a new apartment
  • stop adopting cats!!!! (we already have 3)
  • work less, spend more time with family and friends

#25 Ashlee

Ashlee
  • 75 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 06:05 AM

To all the people who are saying "Move out", it is really a liberating feeling. If you still live with your parents, moving out will likely be the best thing for you. If you are a student, I STRONGLY suggest having roommates. They can be annoying at times, but they can also become some of your best friends.

I second that! Moving out was the best thing I ever did. The person I decided to live with was a nightmare but it's just me and the fiance now - love having my own place.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users