57 replies to this topic

#1 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 January 2012 - 03:28 AM

Yung's Guide to the Food Club!

Basics:Basically the Food Club is an event that takes place once a day with some of the vilest of Krawk Islands cretins. It is to determine who is the fiercest... eater of them all!

Okay so really all that is going on at the Food Club is an eating contest where 5 separate contests are held in 5 separate arenas. You can place a bet on who you think is going to win at each given arena. There are 20 different pirates participating in 5 arenas, that is 4 per arena. The arenas are Shipwreck, Lagoon, Treasure Island, Hidden Cove, and Harpoon Harry's.

All you have to do is select which pirate you think is going to win at any given arena for that day and place a bet.

Quick Guide:

Spoiler

Full Blown Guide:
Spoiler

Please acknowledge that:

All images that are displayed in the [Guide] Food Club section are protected by copyrights.

The material is © 2005 NeoPets Inc. All Rights Reserved. Used With Permission.

Edited by KaibaSama, 19 July 2020 - 10:42 AM.

#2 likerobots

likerobots
  • 537 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 03:47 AM

haha thank you.
what are the chances of each the +2 adjustment pets winning ?
ex. how many times a week would you collect winnings?
i used to follow a petpage but after two weeks i barely ever won, the odds were like 1:64
so i decided just to stay safe and bet at odds of 1:4 for almost guaranteed wins P:

#3 annddd

annddd
  • 417 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 03:53 AM

how amazing it is!!!
you are really an awesome person~
i will try it and post my results "cross fingers"

#4 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 January 2012 - 04:00 AM

haha thank you.
what are the chances of each the +2 adjustment pets winning ?
ex. how many times a week would you collect winnings?
i used to follow a petpage but after two weeks i barely ever won, the odds were like 1:64
so i decided just to stay safe and bet at odds of 1:4 for almost guaranteed wins P:

The odds are better if the pirates odds are better.

Example:

Even though Orvinn the First Mate has +3 adjustment for today he is still probably going to lose because his odds of actually winning against three very commonly 2:1 pirates is slim, hence his odds are still 13:1. I am putting a lot of stock in the fact that he stands a better chance to win today than not and every single bet I made is using him. I don't know the exact odds of every +2 or +3 or +4 winning but it is a better chance that they will win.

You can collect your winnings up to 7 days a week provided you win at least once each day. You just have to collect BEFORE 7 days or you will lose your winnings.

#5 Spirited

Spirited
  • 677 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 January 2012 - 10:18 AM

I've never tried food club, but pretty interesting guide.
I read somewhere that account age matters, is that true? (Like higher bets or more bets, not sure xD)
You could probably include that too, if there's such a thing.

#6 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 January 2012 - 10:25 AM

The amount you can bet is 50 + 2 for every day you have been playing Neopets (For example lets say 1000 days) this means that the max bet you can make is 2,050 NP.

^^ I did.

#7 Spirited

Spirited
  • 677 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 January 2012 - 10:34 AM

^^ I did.

opps! Must have missed/skipped over that part. xD Weary eyes. hahaha.
All your guides have been helpful! :)

#8 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 January 2012 - 10:40 AM

I went ahead and made that portion bold to draw attention to it, hopefully fewer people will overlook that detail in the future. Thanks for helping. :)

#9 cornymikey

cornymikey
  • 160 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 12:17 PM

What do these "adjustments" mean? Does this mean that the odds on the actual food club page are not the true odds?

#10 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 January 2012 - 12:27 PM

What do these "adjustments" mean? Does this mean that the odds on the actual food club page are not the true odds?

They are the true odds. The adjustments are based on whether or not a course being served at that arena plays to any given pirates strengths or weaknesses. The higher this is the more favorable the conditions are for that pirate to win that round. It does not replace the odds but merely serves as a method to help determine how better to bet.

If Gooblah the Grarrl has an adjustment of -3 his odds would more than likely remain at 2:1.
If Stuff-A-Roo has an adjustment of +4 his odds would more than likely get better from 13:1 to 11:1.

If in the same arena despite the difference in odds Stuff-A-Roo actually stands more of a chance than he normally would at winning against Gooblah the Grarrl.

Use the adjustments as a tool to help guide your bets but don't live by those stats because they are not 100% right. Random negative adjustment winners do happen somewhat frequently. You just have better odds betting with a higher adjustment pirate.

I added more or less everything I just wrote to the first post to clarify this statement further, however if you had read the detailed section of the guide more thoroughly you would have seen where I explained how the adjustments worked. I even included pictures for that part. ;)

#11 cornymikey

cornymikey
  • 160 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 04:56 PM

oh, sorry, I missed that part.
But how exactly do you calculate the true odds based on the adjustments?
You said "If Stuff-A-Roo has an adjustment of +4 his odds would more than likely get better from 13:1 to 11:1."
How did you calculate this change?

#12 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 January 2012 - 05:01 PM

oh, sorry, I missed that part.
But how exactly do you calculate the true odds based on the adjustments?
You said "If Stuff-A-Roo has an adjustment of +4 his odds would more than likely get better from 13:1 to 11:1."
How did you calculate this change?

It is just an assumption, calculating true odds factors in the adjustments, odds, strength, and weight. I am not sure of the formula to determine exactly what it is but I already know that it isn't accurate. There were tests done for that specific thing years ago and it was found that the pirate with the best actual odds still only won 40%-60% of the time for their given arena. The adjustments page should give you enough details to be able to accurately make educated guesses as to who stands the best chances of winning.

#13 cornymikey

cornymikey
  • 160 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 05:09 PM

It is just an assumption, calculating true odds factors in the adjustments, odds, strength, and weight. I am not sure of the formula to determine exactly what it is but I already know that it isn't accurate. There were tests done for that specific thing years ago and it was found that the pirate with the best actual odds still only won 40%-60% of the time for their given arena. The adjustments page should give you enough details to be able to accurately make educated guesses as to who stands the best chances of winning.

Oh, I see. Thanks a lot for the help.

#14 Neoquest

Neoquest
  • 1760 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 January 2012 - 08:17 PM

Great guide, I'll be trying this on my 6yr shell to make some extra NP, thanks.

#15 Leaf

Leaf
  • 372 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 08:26 PM

Do you win neopoints or items? and if there a limit to how much you can bet aside from the age of your account? i like this. Thank you Yung for another helpfull Guide.

#16 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 January 2012 - 08:41 PM

Do you win neopoints or items? and if there a limit to how much you can bet aside from the age of your account? i like this. Thank you Yung for another helpfull Guide.

You win Neopoints. It states that at several points in the thread.

vv

If you select Gooblah Grarrl and no other arena and his odds are 2:1 and he wins then you have won 2,050 * 2 (Gooblah's odds of winning) = 4,100 NP!

The worst odds possible that this game allows is 13:1, if you pick say Stuff-A-Roo who almost always loses, his odds are 13:1, lets say you only pick him and he wins then you have won 2,050 * 13 = 26,650 NP!

Now lets take the example a little further, if you so happen to have selected both Gooblah the Grarrl and Stuff-A-Roo and they both win then you have won 2,050 * (2*13) = 2,050 * 26 = 53,300 NP!

If you had placed these three bets and lost all other bets you would have won a total of 84,050 NP! The maximum you would have been able to spend to make these bets would have been 20,500 NP so you are looking at 63,550 NP profit!

As for the age and betting question I answered that in the guide as well.

vv

The amount you can bet is 50 + 2 for every day you have been playing Neopets (For example lets say 1000 days) this means that the max bet you can make is 2,050 NP.

So to answer your question the answer is 50 NP.

#17 MOTHERMAKER

MOTHERMAKER
  • 33 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 03:32 AM

I DONT HAVE MUCH MONEY HOW CAN I GET INTO FOOD CLUB

#18 Spirited

Spirited
  • 677 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 February 2012 - 04:41 AM

I DONT HAVE MUCH MONEY HOW CAN I GET INTO FOOD CLUB

You can't get into food club.
It's more of a betting contest thing, which you don't need to play if you don't have money.

#19 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 February 2012 - 09:04 AM

You can't get into food club.
It's more of a betting contest thing, which you don't need to play if you don't have money.

If it wasn't clear enough by the guide I went ahead and added a link to the Food Club in the first sentence.

#20 maleaco

maleaco
  • 11 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 02:21 AM

This is awesome, thanks

#21 Kauvara

Kauvara
  • 302 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 02:11 PM

Thank you! For some reason I never really looked into the Food Club, but now that I realize it's a decent way to make NPs I'll definitely be placing daily bets.

+rep :)

#22 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 February 2012 - 09:01 PM

Yeah i know that most people don't take the time to figure out what the Food Club is or they mistakenly think that it is the Gourmet Club and avoid it because they don't feed their pets Gourmet Food items.

Good thing to keep in mind is that the more aged the account is the more you can bet, this game truly is the ultimate loyal member perk! An account that has played for 6.000 days gets to bet up to 12,050 NP per bet. Since the minimum you can win would be 2:1 Odds then you are looking at, for the bets that you win, winning at the very least 24,100 NP. The real perk to an aged account is that you can make a max bet (Ex. a bet that if you win will earn you 1,000,000 NP) for less NP on the bet or lower odds. Increasing your winning potential.

#23 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 April 2012 - 06:06 PM

To clarify on a point I was just asked:

You can win a maximum of 10,000,000 Neopoints daily, however the odds of this are astronomical. You'd practically have to know the results before betting and no one is really psychic. :thumbsup:

So... if you won the max available per day per month for one whole year you'd have right around 3.6 billion Neopoints (3,600,000,000). More or less enough to buy 3 SuAP's.

#24 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 May 2012 - 03:09 PM

Updated to correct a grammar mistake, no silent editing it's just not a major update.

That's what happens when I have to read my own guides for a reference. :p

#25 Kae

Kae
  • 65 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 01:50 AM

Thanks, the quicky guide really came in handy for me :p Now time to find an aged account to make monies with.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users