I Feel Like Talking

• Please log in to reply
122 replies to this topic

#76 James

James
  • ♔ King James ♔

• 1539 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 09:55 PM

But when I'm in my own room doing my own thing and my roommate or others come in and make gags out of my own hobbies/interests as a form of humor for themselves? Yeah, it gets a little personal.

The problem being a weeaboo is, we don't find too much interest in North American films, and that's all we get in this hick town. :p

I think they were just trying to find something to talk about.

I usually like watching anime when I have a bunch of time to do it and I don't really have that now. Haha. Do you live in a town with a small population?

Well it's just catchy, and the easier it is, the more easily people can sing a long *shrug*. Even a song like, Rolling in the Deep is basically two notes with a very riffs. It's not that difficult vocally, just to get the same style as Adele is hard.

And I could never be a pop artist xD I know I've sang some pop on here, but my vocal actually matches classical songs.

What do you think of Lady Gaga?

#77 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 February 2012 - 09:56 PM

Did you used to think it was funny? Like before it started happening all the time?

The last time I can remember it being amusing was in High School when I was pretty much asking for it, but we just joked around about it, it was never anything constant.

I think they were just trying to find something to talk about.

I usually like watching anime when I have a bunch of time to do it and I don't really have that now. Haha. Do you live in a town with a small population?

The thing is, it's never when I want to talk to them about it, it's always when I'm just doing my own thing, if I wanted to hang out with them, I wouldn't be sitting in my corner trying to shut them out.

The town population is about 90k.

#78 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 February 2012 - 09:57 PM

90k is a pretty big town...

#79 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 February 2012 - 09:58 PM

What do you think of Lady Gaga?

Her music is extremely catchy, but they're not really difficult to sing vocally. As a performer she's nuts and I really don't give a shit about weirdness. But she's actually a talent musician if you hear her sing live. And she's a virtuoso pianist, which is nuts. Why she went into such... techno-y music is beyond me.

#80 James

James
  • ♔ King James ♔

• 1539 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 10:02 PM

The last time I can remember it being amusing was in High School when I was pretty much asking for it, but we just joked around about it, it was never anything constant.

The thing is, it's never when I want to talk to them about it, it's always when I'm just doing my own thing, if I wanted to hang out with them, I wouldn't be sitting in my corner trying to shut them out.

Ah, I see what you mean. If it's different than what you remember in High School then they are just idiots.

Did you say they were your roommates?

And 90k isn't that small of a town. ^^ It kind of makes sense that they show big movies. :p

Her music is extremely catchy, but they're not really difficult to sing vocally. As a performer she's nuts and I really don't give a shit about weirdness. But she's actually a talent musician if you hear her sing live. And she's a virtuoso pianist, which is nuts. Why she went into such... techno-y music is beyond me.

Do you recommend any good songs by her? The only ones I know are Love Game and a few other mainstream songs. :p

Yeah, I've heard she actually has a good voice and can sing exactly how she records her songs, which is amazing.

I should probably look this up, but for sake of conversation what is a virtuoso pianist?

#81 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 February 2012 - 10:02 PM

Ah, I see what you mean. If it's different than what you remember in High School then they are just idiots.

Did you say they were your roommates?

And 90k isn't that small of a town. ^^ It kind of makes sense that they show big movies. :p

Well, it's different from high school because back then we joked about everything, now if it isn't them saying "Shut up, Elindoril" whenever I try to say anything at all, it's some personal attack on my interests in music, anime, video games, etc.

And one of them is my roommate, the other one is a total asshole when he's with the roommate, though.

#82 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 February 2012 - 10:05 PM

Do you recommend any good songs by her? The only ones I know are Love Game and a few other mainstream songs. :p

I love the song Paper Gangsta. Brown Eyes and I like it Rough are pretty good too.

#83 James

James
  • ♔ King James ♔

• 1539 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 10:07 PM

Well, it's different from high school because back then we joked about everything, now if it isn't them saying "Shut up, Elindoril" whenever I try to say anything at all, it's some personal attack on my interests in music, anime, video games, etc.

And one of them is my roommate, the other one is a total asshole when he's with the roommate, though.

It's pretty weird how people change around others. Some people can be totally nice around you and then be dicks to you around someone else. That shows they are weak. :thumbsup:

What do they like to do in their free time?

I love the song Paper Gangsta. Brown Eyes and I like it Rough are pretty good too.

Ooh thanks, I'll listen to them later. I think I'm going to take a shower pretty soon. :p

#84 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 February 2012 - 10:07 PM

It's pretty weird how people change around others. Some people can be totally nice around you and then be dicks to you around someone else. That shows they are weak. :thumbsup:

What do they like to do in their free time?

My roommate has taken a liking to playing APB and getting mad at every little mistake people make in it, he's pretty much an elitist.

The other friend just sits on his ass while on his computer from what he tells me.

Generally, we share the same hobbies.

#85 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 February 2012 - 10:09 PM

Yeah, I've heard she actually has a good voice and can sing exactly how she records her songs, which is amazing.

I should probably look this up, but for sake of conversation what is a virtuoso pianist?

Er... not really actually. Like I basically love 75% of her songs, but only because I have horrible taste in music. Even though I should know better, I listen to complete shit haha.

Well for certain songs, yes. She can't do Judas live since it's like, really electronically altered. But she did an acoustic version of Paparazzi which was pretty good.

It's basically the highest level of classical piano. The type where they go all over the piano with really insane rhythms (as opposed to say, orchestral piano or jazz piano) and you're basically the only one performing.

#86 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 February 2012 - 10:11 PM

Er... not really actually. Like I basically love 75% of her songs, but only because I have horrible taste in music. Even though I should know better, I listen to complete shit haha.

I know that feeling.

#87 James

James
  • ♔ King James ♔

• 1539 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 10:14 PM

My roommate has taken a liking to playing APB and getting mad at every little mistake people make in it, he's pretty much an elitist.

The other friend just sits on his ass while on his computer from what he tells me.

Generally, we share the same hobbies.

So how do they have any right to insult you at all? Is your roommate a jerk when he isn't around anyone else?

Well for certain songs, yes. She can't do Judas live since it's like, really electronically altered. But she did an acoustic version of Paparazzi which was pretty good.

It's basically the highest level of classical piano. The type where they go all over the piano with really insane rhythms (as opposed to say, orchestral piano or jazz piano) and you're basically the only one performing.

I have some bad taste in music as well. Sometimes I just like to listen to the radio to see what is mainstream now. The upbeat songs can really change your mood. :) I usually just listen to rap though.

Now I have to listen to Judas... Judging by the name and knowing Lady Gaga I have a feeling it will be a good song. ^^

Oh that's cool, how good are you on the Piano?

#88 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 February 2012 - 10:16 PM

Now I have to listen to Judas... Judging by the name and knowing Lady Gaga I have a feeling it will be a good song. ^^

This is one of the songs that I hate the way it sounds, but I love the lyrics. I'd listen to a slot machine raping a wolf pack if the lyrics were right.

#89 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 February 2012 - 10:17 PM

I have some bad taste in music as well. Sometimes I just like to listen to the radio to see what is mainstream now. The upbeat songs can really change your mood. :) I usually just listen to rap though.

Oh that's cool, how good are you on the Piano?

well I listen to the radio two hours a day (driving to school and back) so not surprisingly, I listen to mainstream music :p I grew up with my parents listening to Chinese music so I don't even really appreciate the classics :/

it's okay, it's more silly than anything :p It just makes me happy to walk down the halls listening to Judas 'cause it's complete idiocy xD

I'm awful. I never progressed far in piano, but my friend is like, grade 11 or something and he's awesome. makes me wish I still played.

#90 James

James
  • ♔ King James ♔

• 1539 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 10:25 PM

This is one of the songs that I hate the way it sounds, but I love the lyrics. I'd listen to a slot machine raping a wolf pack if the lyrics were right.

lol That's probably how it sounds if it's electronically altered. xD

Listening to the song now and I can't really understand her. :p

But I like the chorus, it sounds nice to me. ^^

well I listen to the radio two hours a day (driving to school and back) so not surprisingly, I listen to mainstream music :p I grew up with my parents listening to Chinese music so I don't even really appreciate the classics :/

it's okay, it's more silly than anything :p It just makes me happy to walk down the halls listening to Judas 'cause it's complete idiocy xD

I'm awful. I never progressed far in piano, but my friend is like, grade 11 or something and he's awesome. makes me wish I still played.

I've basically grown up listening to mainstream music. My parents are white though and they are baby boomers so they show me the classics. As long as music makes you feel good I say it's good music. ^^

Did you like playing piano when you took lessons?

Edited by James, 18 February 2012 - 10:21 PM.

#91 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 February 2012 - 10:32 PM

Hanging out with people was a lot easier when I did drugs, but it's pretty alright sober.

This. Sooo this. If you've never done drugs kids, don't start now. They might seem like an easy socialization tool, but really they're a crutch.

As to Elindoril's situation, I'd say speak up for yourself. And be specific. If you don't stand up for yourself, they won't know you take it that way. If it's how you say it is, be sure to point out the hypocrisy of criticizing your interests when they've basically got the same hobbies themselves.

And as to the OP, I don't have a crush at the moment :p I don't have much social contact with people my own age right now, and what contact I do have is mostly through the internet (like you guys). I'm going back to school in the summer and starting a new job (pending a criminal background check) in two weeks, so my opportunities to socialize should open up. But lately I've been going stir crazy in the house.

I recently withdrew from my college and am living with my parents (worst. decision. ever.) about 2000 miles from all of my friends from school. I've had to rethink most every facet of my life, which doesn't come easy for me. I've always been self-sure, so having to admit to myself that I haven't been doing right is... difficult to say the least. Needless to say, crushing on girls hasn't been at the top of my to do list.

#92 James

James
  • ♔ King James ♔

• 1539 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 10:41 PM

This. Sooo this. If you've never done drugs kids, don't start now. They might seem like an easy socialization tool, but really they're a crutch.

As to Elindoril's situation, I'd say speak up for yourself. And be specific. If you don't stand up for yourself, they won't know you take it that way. If it's how you say it is, be sure to point out the hypocrisy of criticizing your interests when they've basically got the same hobbies themselves.

And as to the OP, I don't have a crush at the moment :p I don't have much social contact with people my own age right now, and what contact I do have is mostly through the internet (like you guys). I'm going back to school in the summer and starting a new job (pending a criminal background check) in two weeks, so my opportunities to socialize should open up. But lately I've been going stir crazy in the house.

I recently withdrew from my college and am living with my parents (worst. decision. ever.) about 2000 miles from all of my friends from school. I've had to rethink most every facet of my life, which doesn't come easy for me. I've always been self-sure, so having to admit to myself that I haven't been doing right is... difficult to say the least. Needless to say, crushing on girls hasn't been at the top of my to do list.

Regarding drugs, I've never done them but I would like to try weed once in my life, just to say I have had the experience. But that's pretty much the only drug I would be willing to do. (Just spent the last 10+ minutes looking for rules on drugs here to make sure it was fine to talk about them... lol I'm so lame.)

Hopefully you can live through your time with your parents. :p

#93 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 February 2012 - 10:49 PM

Having only read the first page, and being far to lazy to read the rest of the posts....

I do have a crush on someone. And I've married him. (: Biggest girl crush ever on my husband. <3

#94 James

James
  • ♔ King James ♔

• 1539 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 10:52 PM

Having only read the first page, and being far to lazy to read the rest of the posts....

I do have a crush on someone. And I've married him. (: Biggest girl crush ever on my husband. <3

Aww, how long have you been married?

Does he know about Codex/Neopets?

I'll be right back, going to take a shower.

#95 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 February 2012 - 10:56 PM

Aww, how long have you been married?

Does he know about Codex/Neopets?

I'll be right back, going to take a shower.

Actually we just got married last December, but we've been together for 3+ years nowww.

And he knows I used to play Neopets. (He doesn't know I just recently started playing again xD) and he doesn't know about Codex (yet, although he's sort of more into SP games and hardware versus me...who loves MMO and software). He's in Alaska though. D:

Allllll righty, enjoy your shower ;3

#96 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 February 2012 - 11:23 PM

Nooot going to read all 4 pages, but replying to the first post.. possibly more than a crush? i'm madly in love (lust) with someone... but i dont think they know it..Posted Image

#97 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 February 2012 - 12:19 AM

So how do they have any right to insult you at all? Is your roommate a jerk when he isn't around anyone else?

He can be a jerk to everyone else around him if he wants to, they're just little bits here and there, but I don't go a day without listening to him insult myself or another member of this household.

#98 JorJor

JorJor
  • 48 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 01:25 AM

Like a few others have stated above me, I read the first post and sort of skimmed the last page :p Yes, I do have a crush on someone, and I *think* he also has a crush on me. At least, he offered to be my Valentine (although my brain derped and I thought that maybe he was kidding instead of being serious so instead of saying "ok :)" I just kind of giggled flirtatiously and averted my eyes >.> ). And he also acknowledges me whenever we see each other c:

About Lady Gaga: I love her. Her new CD isn't quite what I expected, but there are some great songs on it. I love Judas, Bloody Mary, Scheiße, Heavy Metal Lover, just to name a few. But I think The Fame Monster is a masterpiece. Dance In The Dark and So Happy I Could Die are vastly underrated imo.

#99 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 February 2012 - 06:36 AM

A crutch in so many ways.

And I guess I did the opposite of what everyone else did. I skipped reading the first couple posts and started in the middle because I figured the conversation probably twisted a couple times. So now that I went back and read... I have a huge crush on yung.

#100 Dangocat

Dangocat
  • 119 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 05:46 PM

I know the topic's changed by now, but thought I'd reply to this..

Probably not. lol You just have to find the right one. ^^ If you're in college you should be focusing on learning anyways.

I am dating someone, but I guess I don't consider that "crushing." I asked my bf what his definition of a crush was, and he thinks it's when you like someone but nothing will ever come out of it.

And to change the topic, what other games does everyone play? This always interests me xD. I used to play WoW until I got banned, played league of legends for a bit but it got boring. I play HON sometimes now, but not much since my bf never wants to play.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users