Photo

Cologne for Men...

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#26 Jewbert

Jewbert
  • 3387 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 09:10 PM

I like my boyfriend's natural smell. I don't mind if he wants to wear some smell-goods though. I love to get into the shower and smell the Axe shower gel that he just used. Nothing wrong with a little cologne. Not too, much, though. && definitely not every day either.

#27 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 April 2012 - 09:18 PM

Bitches love the stink of your natual pheremones, bros. DON'T TURN YOURSELF INTO A PRETTY FUCKING FLOWER AND SHIT

Travis knows what the fuck he's talking about guys.

Look up a couple things for me.
Vomernasal organ
Androstenone
Androsterone
Androstenol

Humans have an underdeveloped VNO - possibly because of selective genetics. We're too intelligent to just drop everything and mate when we smell good pheromones in the air, but we do still smell them if only at an unconscious level.

Pheromones (specifically the molecules I linked above) are excreted in sweat, urine and sometimes other bodily fluids, which is why some women say that they like a sweaty man. They don't actually like the sweat (well they could I guess), they like the pheromones that are produced when sweat is released from partaking of vigorous activity.

Pheromones are washed off your skin when you shower or bathe, but obviously not showering has other, more socially awkward consequences.

BTW there are colognes out there that reproduce the molecules above in a cologne-type spray format. Check them out, they work. PM me if you're truly interested - I'm a believer and a user.

#28 Unseen

Unseen
  • Cultist of the Unseeing Eye

• 571 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 09:20 PM

My main one is this:

Posted Image

But i also wear CK ONE and Armani Code:

Posted ImagePosted Image

Why do I not get as many ladies as Strat. T_T

#29 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 April 2012 - 09:22 PM

Why do I not get as many ladies as Strat. T_T

Well considering he only has the one...

You have very poor results indeed.

#30 Leaf

Leaf
  • 372 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 10:59 PM

Vomernasal organ
Androstenone
Androsterone
Androstenol

Humans have an underdeveloped VNO - possibly because of selective genetics. We're too intelligent to just drop everything and mate when we smell good pheromones in the air, but we do still smell them if only at an unconscious level.

Pheromones (specifically the molecules I linked above) are excreted in sweat, urine and sometimes other bodily fluids, which is why some women say that they like a sweaty man. They don't actually like the sweat (well they could I guess), they like the pheromones that are produced when sweat is released from partaking of vigorous activity.

Pheromones are washed off your skin when you shower or bathe, but obviously not showering has other, more socially awkward consequences.

BTW there are colognes out there that reproduce the molecules above in a cologne-type spray format. Check them out, they work. PM me if you're truly interested - I'm a believer and a user.

we know what pheromones are

#31 ToxicS

ToxicS
  • 2580 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 12:10 AM

http://www.aeroposta...oductId=3259342

Done good for me so far.

#32 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 April 2012 - 07:51 AM

we know what pheromones are

WTF kind of response is that?

You say it like it's self evident, when it's anything but. Until recently it was believed that jacobson's organ didn't function at all in humans - it's not common knowledge that pheromones affect humans, it's pretty much cutting edge science.

And make a fucking complete sentence if you're going to try to tell me off. I'm telling you guys that you don't need to spray some 150 dollar cologne for ladies to think you smell nice. Just shower every day and replace the pheromones you wash away via synthetic pheromone products.

It has actually worked for me. I control test, make it as scientific as possible, it works to the best of my knowledge. Obviously testing a hypothesis on a human in a less than clinical setting is going to be difficult, especially with variables outside of your control. Nevertheless, I've gotten blatant indicators of interest from using pheromone products - didn't change my behavior or image at all, just my scent.

#33 ilovepolkadots

ilovepolkadots
  • 724 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 08:08 AM

"For Men" usually stands for "For guys who don't want to smell like shit and like woman to be attracted to them"

the most attractive scent to a woman is feremones of another woman on him
will look up the article later

op
0.o
i see this debate has already started
:whistling:

#34 trizzle

trizzle
  • Deceptive Minx

• 973 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 April 2012 - 08:13 AM

Well I used to really have the hots for his guy, and like his smell a lot and I don't think he wore cologne. I told another guy the other guy was like "What? But he smells like BO!" and I asked a few girls and they thought he smelled nice too (musky) so, yeah, sometimes no cologne is best., but maybe it only smells good to girls ^_^

But, I do like some, like BOSS Orange and Davidoff Cool Water :)

Edited by trizzle, 22 April 2012 - 08:14 AM.

#35 Chopped

Chopped
  • 139 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 08:51 AM

I prefer Diesel and Armani Code, but I hardly wear cologne.

#36 WharfRat

WharfRat
  • 11157 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 April 2012 - 04:25 PM

I don't really wear cologne but sometimes on special occasions I'll spray a little Armani Code or Armani Gio on....

#37 Wrukag

Wrukag
  • 33 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 05:23 AM

Polo Black, Polo Blue and Aqua Di Gio.

#38 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 April 2012 - 09:09 PM

the most attractive scent to a woman is feremones of another woman on him
will look up the article later

op
0.o
i see this debate has already started
:whistling:

Yep, you're referring to copulins. They're not technically pheromones, but they're related. Without getting too gross, copulins are fatty acid molecule chains that are produced in the vagina after contact with sperm. Basically, it's what's commonly referred to as that "freshly fucked" smell.

There are synthetic copulins as well, but I don't mess with them. They tend to provoke extreme reactions from women. If the wearer is in a steady relationship, wearing copulins will REALLY throw the SO for a loop. Conversely, wearing cops when going out trolling tends to garner attention from - what's the word... oh yes, sluts.

I'm single, but I don't really go in for one night stands with whorish women, so I've stayed away from copulins. But other pheromones have been very effective for me.

#39 verse

verse
  • 10 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 05:32 AM

For me, if I already like someone I will be attracted to what they smell like regardless of what it is. The last guy was his laundry. He washed my clothes and I huffed them for days after. But I like the smell of sweat too.

#40 cibomatto

cibomatto
  • 52 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 09:29 PM

Posted Image

I know this is a cologne thread, but there is the one perfume I would like to recommend to you guys!

It is Jardin en Mediterranée by Hermès . It is a Unisex perfume, but before you feel your masculinity threatened, I wanted to point out that Sephora sells this in the Mens corner. ^--^!

The perfume is wood-y, green/fig leaves , citrus-y ... -swoon- The 'nose' behind the perfume is renown as well.
It's borderline mens cologne, with 'something else' that balances. I would say the scent is inspired by the South of France / Côte d'Azur.
I own this perfume, but I have guy friends who gets the 'lightbulb' face when they smell it, and some even copied me :U *lol*

Let me know if you get to smell it xD

#41 Riki1995

Riki1995
  • 13 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 03:14 AM

I don't wear cologne on a day to day basis, but on special occasions I like to wear this:

Posted Image

Every time I've worn it, I've gotten numerous compliments from both men and women, so whatever that's worth. It's long since been discontinued though, so it's a bit more expensive/harder to find than it was.

#42 travis

travis
  • 5408 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 May 2012 - 06:18 PM

Bitches love the stink of your natual pheremones, bros. DON'T TURN YOURSELF INTO A PRETTY FUCKING FLOWER AND SHIT

How about we ask the girls on here what they like? Half of us are saying its good to wear cologne and the other half of you are saying that our regular "man" smell is what girls like. But how about we skip all the bullcrap and just ask them?..

Girls on codex... How do you like your boyfriend/husband to smell like?

I seriously do not remember making that post. Must have been after a night of drinking.

Vomernasal organ
Androstenone
Androsterone
Androstenol

Fuck yeah.

But seriously, the pheromone thing. That doesn't mean you can go around without some deodorant and shit, smelling up the fucking place. But don't drown yourself in some fucking fruity ass faggot cologne.

On the odd occasion that I take part, Victorinox makes a woody-earthen-musk toned cologne. Very lightly applied, it is very subtle. I get complements on it EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users