• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Pyro699

Pyro699
  • 1543 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 May 2012 - 01:22 PM

Hello Everyone,

Site drama, and the demands of "real life" can sometimes get the best of us and prevent us from doing our jobs in an enjoyable manner. With that said, soul__stealer has given us his notice of resignation from the Admin position. We all wish him the best and hope that he stays around and continues to be a part of what is, for the most part, an excellent community.

Considering that we have no alternatives to pursue at the moment for a replacement, ShadowLink64 has volunteered to assist me in administering the site until such a time that we can decide on an alternative replacement, or plan of some sort. There's no other choice right now, and he has a little more time now that he is done courses.

The issue regarding the Advanced+ promotions: Let's leave this behind us. The two members in question have, to my knowledge, been sorted out. A democratic process such as the Advanced+ voting process should be left to the members involved. If there is a perceived unfairness in the process, the criteria for promotion should be altered to reduce the unfairness. Bypassing the process directly, while technically within the rights of what Admins can do, sort of defeats the purpose and can give the impression that certain members are receiving special treatment.

With all of this said; lets welcome ShadowLink64 back to his position of power for the time being (he never really left, this is just a formal process :p) and leave what has happened in the past stay there.

Thank-you for understanding
~Cody

#2 James

James
  • ♔ King James ♔

• 1539 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 02:09 PM

Great to see everything sorted out Pyro.

Soul, you are a great person and hopefully you stick around the site and stay active! :)

I am also glad to see the Advanced promotions sorted out; even though I didn't voice my opinion on that matter much, I am glad it is finally back to normal!

I'm also glad to see SL back on the admin team and I hope everything turns out well.

I love you guys!

#3 likerobots

likerobots
  • 537 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 02:12 PM

Good luck in real life soul,
+ thanks for keeping us updated pyro, glad you guys did what youl could to sort out the drama

#4 Bone

Bone
  • no

• 3638 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 May 2012 - 02:17 PM

It's regrettable to see Soul leave the administration once again, but I think we all understand the pressures of his real life and appreciate the work he's done for Neocodex.

Cheers, to a smooth path ahead for the new administration.

#5 artificial

artificial
  • 186 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 May 2012 - 05:03 PM

36,000 members and not one suitable candidate for admin!
Maybe we should look for a Mr.Outside Hire. :rolleyes:

#6 Lasciel

Lasciel
  • 140 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 05:45 PM

It is sad to see our not-that-long-ago- new admin resign, but all the best and hang in there for your real life issues, Soul! :hug:
Welcome back Shadowlink! <insert clapping emoticon which we seem not to have>

#7 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 May 2012 - 05:59 PM

It is sad to see our not-that-long-ago- new admin resign, but all the best and hang in there for your real life issues, Soul! :hug:
Welcome back Shadowlink! <insert clapping emoticon which we seem not to have>

:nana:

You're right... this is the closest I could find. O_o I think it's not a coincidence.

#8 Cory

Cory
  • Dinnerbone'd

• 7487 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 May 2012 - 06:19 PM

Good to see your name back in red Cam.

#9 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 May 2012 - 06:23 PM

This is both disappointing and encouraging at the same time. I feel bad that soul felt he had to quit again, but I am relieved the situation has finally been dealt with.
Thanks for keeping us updated! I do loves me some SL64.

#10 Turnip

Turnip
  • woomy woomy manmenmi!!

• 2511 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 May 2012 - 07:37 PM

Thanks for keeping us up to date with things! Good luck with in real life Soul, I hope you don't run into any problems or anything like that ^^ ♥

And welcome back Shadowlink~ :D

#11 Melchoire

Melchoire
  • 5284 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 May 2012 - 08:06 PM

This is what happens when you choose people who aren't me to be admins.

Seriously though, good luck with everything soul_stealer =)

#12 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 May 2012 - 08:11 PM

Shortlived... but I guess it's no one's fault really. Real life gets in the way of hobbies sometimes, and priorities being what they are, it's not surprising to see SS step down. Best of luck to you mate, I hope we see you around the forums still.

#13 Thiago

Thiago
  • 37 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 08:36 PM

Gl in RL soul and congrats Shadow :D you is a good administrator '-' pyro too ;)

#14 Irradium

Irradium
  • Pyro (699) Maniac

• 892 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 May 2012 - 07:24 AM

Well, they were a good couple of runs while they lasted soul. If only real life was as simple as virtual. :(

As for you SL, it will be great to have you back on the team buddy, even if solely temporary.

#15 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 May 2012 - 07:53 AM

Who is Pyro666?

Seriously.

Never heard of 'em.

Posted Image

#16 Pyro699

Pyro699
  • 1543 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 May 2012 - 08:04 AM

Me either.

#17 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 May 2012 - 08:38 AM

Oh SL. Always here for us <3

#18 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 May 2012 - 11:57 AM

Me either.

Hahaha.

But seriously.

#19 Zaxero

Zaxero
  • 20 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 10:12 AM

Well I'm new to the community so everything from the past is water under the bridge. :)

What bridge?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users