• This topic is locked This topic is locked
46 replies to this topic

#26 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 May 2012 - 05:41 AM

I was thinking more along the lines of just having 'SOTW CHAMP' and then, like the trophies for MPic and LC etc when you win multiple times, add a 'x2', 3, 4 and so on. Just a thought. I guess it depends on the amount of room that would take up and if you can have the userbar + normal text after it.

also, do BANNED members get a title? (personally, for aesthetics i think they should)

I think it's a good idea to give BANNED people a bar.

I'm still thinking about the SOTW - the idea you have with the x2, 3 etc is neat, perhaps we can do something like that

YES user bars, best news I've heard all day.

And 95x20 bars would go better with larger avatars... just saying!

Hmm, I thought avs were 100x100 but it looks like they're 90x90 on the board, which is stupid. Hmm, time for more nagging :lol:

Definitely gonna enter this :) any chance we could have a list of colors used for each of the ranks please (those that show in the active users list)?

Sure, I will add that to the first post - but don't feel obligated to stick to the current colors :)

#27 Irradium

Irradium
  • Pyro (699) Maniac

• 892 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 May 2012 - 07:45 AM

Sweet. I may not be good with graphics, but I'll try to have a pop at this anyway. :)

Edited by Russell, 23 May 2012 - 07:54 AM.

#28 Ladida

Ladida
  • Night Owl 🌛

• 2152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 May 2012 - 09:42 AM

*screams* I'm so excited to see what you guys come up with!

Some PLEASE make Advanced look nice, the example one is so hideous :crybaby:

#29 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 May 2012 - 09:52 AM

- Can the GIFs be animated?

- Can the user bars be non rectangular?

- Could a Gfx/graphics rank be introduced?

Whoops sorry, forgot to answer this
  • Since you can do .gifs I would say that yes they can be animated, but I would not make it too flashy because you will be seeing these bars on every single forum post.
  • If you are talking about beveling edges, I guess so. If you mean squares or circles or something else not 95x20, no.
  • We had a Gfx team at one time, but I don't think that it or any other ranks will be added in the near future.

#30 sarah.

sarah.
  • 5392 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 May 2012 - 10:23 AM

• We had a Gfx team at one time, but I don't think that it or any other ranks will be added in the near future.

I don't think anyone's really active enough in the gfx section (other than for SOTW) to have one anyways, lol.

Thanks for adding in the colours :)

#31 IcedEarth

IcedEarth
  • 724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 May 2012 - 11:06 AM

I was thinking more along the lines of just having 'SOTW CHAMP' and then, like the trophies for MPic and LC etc when you win multiple times, add a 'x2', 3, 4 and so on. Just a thought. I guess it depends on the amount of room that would take up and if you can have the userbar + normal text after it.

That sounds good but yeah as you said about the space and then if it would look good or not.

If we don't have this maybe we could have one user bar awarded for winning one SOTW and then a SOTW Champion bar for winning say 5 or however many.

I also agree about the graphics section not being that active, so no point with the gfx rank. Would be cool though.

#32 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 May 2012 - 12:16 PM

That sounds good but yeah as you said about the space and then if it would look good or not.

If we don't have this maybe we could have one user bar awarded for winning one SOTW and then a SOTW Champion bar for winning say 5 or however many.

I also agree about the graphics section not being that active, so no point with the gfx rank. Would be cool though.

yeah I'm going to make specific userbars for the winners to display in their signature as well. Kind of like a trophy of sorts. This will be implemented after the userbar contest is over and the new round of SOTW starts.

#33 sarah.

sarah.
  • 5392 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 May 2012 - 12:21 PM

Quick question, would it be easier for you if we submit our entries as one image with them all on display, rather than each one separately?

#34 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 May 2012 - 12:25 PM

Quick question, would it be easier for you if we submit our entries as one image with them all on display, rather than each one separately?

Either way is equally fine.

#35 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 May 2012 - 03:18 AM

Two entries so far! Get your entries in everyone! :)

#36 McAwesome

McAwesome
  • 1% Awesome

• 284 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 04:10 AM

Amazing idea imo! :-)

(too bad I can't design for nuts)

#37 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 May 2012 - 04:25 AM

Super idea! Ours are so old! I would love to see a neo'ized set

#38 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 May 2012 - 01:13 PM

Super idea! Ours are so old! I would love to see a neo'ized set

neo'ized? Better definition of that Noit? :p

#39 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 May 2012 - 03:18 PM

neo'ized? Better definition of that Noit? :p

Haha like a neopets version!

#40 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 May 2012 - 10:27 AM

Haha like a neopets version!

You would be utterly alone there, Noit.

#41 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 May 2012 - 07:04 PM

You would be utterly alone there, Noit.

Man why? We're a neo site I would seriously love a neo user bar set! I would love a neo skin as well but none of us are bothering to do that.

#42 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 May 2012 - 05:02 AM

Three entries so far, and we're down to 72 hours left :p Better get working if you want to enter!

Edit: ok actually ~ 73 :whistling:

#43 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 May 2012 - 10:31 PM

Three entries so far, and we're down to 72 hours left :p Better get working if you want to enter!

Edit: ok actually ~ 73 :whistling:

Perhaps we should extend the time that we'll be accepting entries for? That would allow for even more options to choose from.

#44 The Defier

The Defier
  • 612 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 11:22 PM

Where's the 3 entries? May I see pretty please?

#45 sarah.

sarah.
  • 5392 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 May 2012 - 12:11 AM

Perhaps we should extend the time that we'll be accepting entries for? That would allow for even more options to choose from.

People have had almost two weeks to enter...

Why don't you try entering? :)

#46 IcedEarth

IcedEarth
  • 724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 May 2012 - 12:18 AM

I submit mine after that was posted so that's 4 and I'm sure there has been a couple more.

Sarah is right. I think all who wanted to enter would have entered by now, no point extending it.
If people were busy and wanted to enter, I'm sure they politely ask to have it extended, I know that's what I'd do.

#47 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 May 2012 - 02:51 AM

yeah no need to extend it after two weeks notice already. I cant wait to see what people have produced :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users