Photo

What grinds your neogears?

• Please log in to reply
359 replies to this topic

#201 CerberusPawsley

CerberusPawsley
  • 11 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 01:51 PM

Real word pet names. I'd laugh at a child named "concrete" or "fibrous" and it's dumb on a neopet too.

#202 ElBastardoVerde

ElBastardoVerde
  • Shitstorm

• 220 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 02:16 PM

Real word pet names. I'd laugh at a child named "concrete" or "fibrous" and it's dumb on a neopet too.

Nuh uh, that makes them worth more. And for insulting my pet naming capabilities, I'm reporting you for harassment. *passive aggressive smiley face*

#203 CerberusPawsley

CerberusPawsley
  • 11 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 03:12 PM

Nuh uh, that makes them worth more. And for insulting my pet naming capabilities, I'm reporting you for harassment. *passive aggressive smiley face*

It depends. A robot pet named Bucket would be cute, or something like flower, like a nice sounding/related adjective. If it's long and uncommon like defibrillation or something then its a bad name in my opinion.

#204 Chappy

Chappy
  • Cat Savage

• 2341 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 November 2012 - 04:31 PM

when people on the NC boards advertise that they're having a 1 cap sale when in actuality it's just a list of items only worth 1 cap.

At least they have stuff valued at 1 cap. I've gone to a lot of those and it's all buyables. hmmm 200nc for a gbc+1 box to send the crap. When instead I could buy the item for 150 nc and save a box. @_____@

#205 Unseelie

Unseelie
  • 18 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 04:40 PM

Pretty much the entire NeoBoards annoy me. I'm certain there are people on Neopets who aren't completely retarded, but I don't know where they're hiding. Every time I attempt to chat, I end up logging off the site for three weeks.

#206 Wanderlust

Wanderlust
  • 27 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 November 2012 - 06:45 PM

People who agree to trade with you for a set price and then renege when it's time to trade! :rolleyes:

#207 lokita

lokita
  • 10 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 07:09 PM

People harassing you about your pets. I DO NOT WANT TO TRADE OR DO WHAT YOU TELL ME TO DO WITH MY PETS.

THEY ARE MINE.

Edited by lokita, 03 December 2012 - 01:50 AM.

#208 jinq

jinq
  • 1554 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 December 2012 - 06:07 PM

people who offer nicely on your pets and claims they can't trade until next month and then backs out when next month comes. :(

#209 MarvelGirl

MarvelGirl
  • 205 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:37 AM

People who NM me to offer a low ball price on my lot that has already been priced lower than anything on tp then NM me to tell me I am greedy for not taking their half price offer. Fuckheads.

On another note, may I commend destruct for the use of the word TWAT. Been a while since I have seen this word and I plan to use it today. I like it, i like it a lot.

Another word I like lately is DOOL. A combination of a douche and a tool. When one word does not do the job.

#210 jinq

jinq
  • 1554 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 December 2012 - 08:03 AM

People who NM me to offer a low ball price on my lot that has already been priced lower than anything on tp then NM me to tell me I am greedy for not taking their half price offer. Fuckheads.

On another note, may I commend destruct for the use of the word TWAT. Been a while since I have seen this word and I plan to use it today. I like it, i like it a lot.

Another word I like lately is DOOL. A combination of a douche and a tool. When one word does not do the job.

Oh, yeah, for some reason I getting reseller/hts offers on my lots these days. Seems like all the serious buyers are gone :(

#211 brothulhu

brothulhu
  • 17 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 08:34 AM

Neopets feels like it's dying down as a thing. There app/smartphone market has made it kind of an irrelevant website, to be honest.

It's annoying that TNT won't get their act together and try to slip in before it's too late.

#212 Seaing

Seaing
  • 10 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 08:43 AM

Over feeders are quite fucking annoying. There's a few out there that have fed 1,000+ and they wonder why no one likes them. They're also the first to lol at you, tell you to click faster, and call you a noob.

This! They also get reaaaally pissed off when you feed one of 'their' kads. You told me to click faster, so I did. Quit bitching.

#213 googlehead

googlehead
  • 162 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:04 PM

I don't have too much patience for the tp so I'll underprice it a bit. Now and then a competing seller will nm me telling me to raise the price because it's worth more than that. It really chaps my cuffs.

Edited by googlehead, 07 December 2012 - 07:05 PM.

#214 Mishelle

Mishelle
  • Bitch Of The Boards

• 2245 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:19 PM

Neopets feels like it's dying down as a thing. There app/smartphone market has made it kind of an irrelevant website, to be honest.

It's annoying that TNT won't get their act together and try to slip in before it's too late.

It has been dying down. I would expect it to pick up around this time because of winter break and all but it seems to have been more dead than ever. It's not like they've done much anyway. No new plots, the BD is still in beta, no new avatars. All we get is NC crap after NC crap.

#215 brothulhu

brothulhu
  • 17 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 08:25 PM

All we get is NC crap after NC crap.

The sad thing is, that is probably their marketing strategy.

#216 Blippety

Blippety
  • I Want to Lick Adam's Teeth

• 137 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 December 2012 - 09:40 AM

It has been dying down. I would expect it to pick up around this time because of winter break and all but it seems to have been more dead than ever. It's not like they've done much anyway. No new plots, the BD is still in beta, no new avatars. All we get is NC crap after NC crap.

Agreed. I don't know if this is legit, it's just a theory but I think it has changed with Nickelodeon buying them out, even though that was ages ago. They show no interest in posting any real plot, it's just that point and click bullshit as a reason to get more NC events going. The worst part is, it works. We (I'm actually only referring to myself) get so bored while still having that Neopets addiction that we buy NC as a way to get something new out of the monotony that is the restockers life. But just for the record, I restock at the main shops... so i'm not evil! I don't even know if I can be called a restocker!!

Also, I fucking HATE people who add me for seemingly no purpose. I do have a good shop, so that might be it... but why can't they just specify that that is the reason!? I'm sick of making small talk with random adds only to be ignored later! JUST BOOKMARK ME, ARGH!

/thank you for listening

#217 Mud

Mud
  • 85 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 11:47 AM

Over feeders are quite fucking annoying. There's a few out there that have fed 1,000+ and they wonder why no one likes them. They're also the first to lol at you, tell you to click faster, and call you a noob.

I semi-legit fed 75 kads easily, just by disabling javascript (it gets rid of that annoying buy confirmation pop-up). It saves you a couple of seconds, once you get the basics of the time system and how to organize your windows. Even after disabled javascript, I STILL got pwned by some wiz-feeders, which leads me to believe that I'm not the only who's used that trick. In an editorial, this could supposedly get you frozen but I have yet to see that after months of shop sniping. Anyway, use at your own risk. :)

Also, I fucking HATE people who add me for seemingly no purpose.

I envy you :(

Edited by mynameismud, 09 December 2012 - 01:09 PM.

#218 Blippety

Blippety
  • I Want to Lick Adam's Teeth

• 137 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 December 2012 - 09:40 PM

I envy you :(

Awww! Are you all arone? I can add you!

It's actually really, really annoying! Friends, friends all online not a drop of decent conversation in sight or in any foreseeable future!! Oops, I kind of lost track of the Rime then, didn't I? :S

#219 Nalah

Nalah
  • Can't hug every cat

• 555 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 December 2012 - 05:39 PM

Glitches!

Yeah, I guess it's okay to have a few things wrong every now and again, that purple bug thing was cool, but there have been around TWO glitches/mistakes with NC items in the past week or two. I don't really mind when stuff goes wrong with the main site, it is free after all, but when you pay for NC items... -.-

The site also seems to be down at least once a day now as well. Please viacom, get it together.

#220 inbigdreams

inbigdreams
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 08:00 PM

I may be the only one that gets so bothered by it but why does all the new Neopets artwork seem lackluster, lazy and/or ugly?

I realize the old designs couldn't work with the giant NC scheme but really...a little effort goes a long way. Ijs.

#221 pataton

pataton
  • 18 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 08:20 PM

Agreed with above! UC pet designs had individuality. I liked how painted pets had unique poses :(

Recently the site has been slow in loading pages.. Not a huge deal 'cuz I don't browse too much, but it's frustrating!

#222 Mud

Mud
  • 85 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 08:52 PM

Awww! Are you all arone? I can add you!

It's actually really, really annoying! Friends, friends all online not a drop of decent conversation in sight or in any foreseeable future!! Oops, I kind of lost track of the Rime then, didn't I?

I prefer not to give my UN on here, but if you meant add me on here then sure I wouldn't mind ^^

#223 Mishelle

Mishelle
  • Bitch Of The Boards

• 2245 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 December 2012 - 10:21 PM

I'm so tired of having to add at least 3 people a day to my block list for making junk offers on my trades as soon as I put the lot up

I may be the only one that gets so bothered by it but why does all the new Neopets artwork seem lackluster, lazy and/or ugly?

I realize the old designs couldn't work with the giant NC scheme but really...a little effort goes a long way. Ijs.

I agree. That upright with one hand sticking out stance they drew a lot of them in is so awkward to me. And compared to the UC royals the converted royals are a major downgrade. Same with grey pets.

Edited by Mishelle, 11 December 2012 - 10:21 PM.

#224 Flapdragon

Flapdragon
  • 288 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 December 2012 - 01:15 AM

I'm so tired of having to add at least 3 people a day to my block list for making junk offers on my trades as soon as I put the lot up

I agree. That upright with one hand sticking out stance they drew a lot of them in is so awkward to me. And compared to the UC royals the converted royals are a major downgrade. Same with grey pets.

Yeah- the fist that a lot of the converted pets have in their poses is awkward too- it only really works if they're holding something, but if they're not...

Edited by Flapdragon, 13 December 2012 - 01:17 AM.

#225 Nalah

Nalah
  • Can't hug every cat

• 555 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 December 2012 - 02:04 AM

Yeah- the fist that a lot of the converted pets have in their poses is awkward too- it only really works if they're holding something, but if they're not...

Add to that that half the handholds are ugly anyway, and they still don't really get rid of the whole clenched fist thing :/

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users