• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#1 Mishelle

Mishelle
  • Bitch Of The Boards

• 2245 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 July 2012 - 08:04 PM

People say that if you drink alone then that's alcoholic behavior but I drink alone pretty often. I'll take wine then add frozen strawberries, and sliced oranges to it and drink it because it tastes amazing. Or I'll have a beer, especially with pizza because beer and pizza is awesome. I rarely get drunk by myself though, it usually takes a lot of hard liquor to get me drunk.

So do you ever drink alone? Have you ever gotten wasted by yourself?

#2 Cript

Cript
  • 1940 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 July 2012 - 08:13 PM

Never gotten wasted by myself, no...I imagine that'd be indicative of trying to escape something. Having a drink at the end of the day though, nothing wrong with that.

#3 Jiayu

Jiayu
  • 177 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 08:13 PM

I don't drink alone. It's more of a social activity for me, and though beer is delicious I try not to drink it too often because it's full of calories. I do like having a margarita every now and then, but I suck at making them myself so that's almost always in a group setting as well.

#4 Kyle

Kyle
  • Legit.

• 2082 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 July 2012 - 08:14 PM

Having a drink or two alone is completely different than a 12 pack 7 nights a week.

I very, very rarely have even a drink alone. However I smoke alone quite often. Marijuana is a much more solitary substance for me, however.

#5 Mew

Mew
  • 626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 July 2012 - 08:15 PM

Yeah I used to a lot when I was younger but not so much these days.
Last time I did, I was drinking vodka and cooking pasta.
I passed out and nearly burnt my house down...won't be doing that again.

#6 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 July 2012 - 08:17 PM

Drinking is purely a social activity with me. Although it would be nice to drink alone, I can't really enjoy drinking if I'm alone whether it's just taking or playing games like Kings.

#7 likerobots

likerobots
  • 537 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 08:20 PM

celebrating happy hour is definitely not alcoholic behaviour.
I think if you drink alone to ease your problems, or if you get wasted just to "de-stress", that's approaching alcohol-relateed problems.
then again, all my knowledge regarding alcoholism comes from A Million Little Pieces

Having a drink or two alone is completely different than a 12 pack 7 nights a week.

I very, very rarely have even a drink alone. However I smoke alone quite often. Marijuana is a much more solitary substance for me, however.

i am exactly the same way. I hate it when people want to walk everywhere and do everything white blitzed, I just want to stay home and listen to music and play neopets.

#8 Mishelle

Mishelle
  • Bitch Of The Boards

• 2245 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 July 2012 - 08:25 PM

Cosigned on the smoking alone. I don't really like smoking with a lot of people. I usually like doing it alone or with one or 2 other people. I don't like a lot of noise when I'm high.

#9 Glow

Glow
  • 73 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 08:25 PM

I don't usually like to drink a lot (underage), but I will have something weak while I'm alone.

I enjoy Strawberry Daquiri's, especially. ( ゚ ヮ゚)

#10 ElBastardoVerde

ElBastardoVerde
  • Shitstorm

• 220 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 08:28 PM

I'm with Kyle. Roll up two blunts of loud a day, toke, and play Neopets.

#11 Kyle

Kyle
  • Legit.

• 2082 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 July 2012 - 08:44 PM

i am exactly the same way. I hate it when people want to walk everywhere and do everything white blitzed, I just want to stay home and listen to music and play neopets.

Cosigned on the smoking alone. I don't really like smoking with a lot of people. I usually like doing it alone or with one or 2 other people. I don't like a lot of noise when I'm high.

You two have the exact same highdeas as me! Come to KC or Columbia, Mo sometime :)

#12 Random

Random
  • 8199 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 July 2012 - 08:53 PM

I used to smoke alone all the time. Since quitting, I don't drink or smoke alone at all really.

#13 Jewbert

Jewbert
  • 3387 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 10:12 PM

I'm drinking alone right now. >__< Totally not a good idea, I guess, but I'm going through some rough emotional relationship stuff right now and it's helping to calm me a little and definitely help me sleep. :/

#14 Mishelle

Mishelle
  • Bitch Of The Boards

• 2245 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 July 2012 - 10:29 PM

I'm drinking alone right now. >__< Totally not a good idea, I guess, but I'm going through some rough emotional relationship stuff right now and it's helping to calm me a little and definitely help me sleep. :/

Aw I'm sorry I hope it manages to get worked out :(

#15 Indigo

Indigo
  • 117 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 10:53 PM

I bought a 12 pack of PBR about 5 days ago {yes, I love PBR} and it's still sitting in the fridge. Normally I only drink when I'm with people. I might consider drinking alone if it was a fine wine or an especially expensive vintage, just because I am a classy lady. ;P

#16 IcedEarth

IcedEarth
  • 724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 July 2012 - 11:43 PM

I don't really drink completely alone.

I have with my twin and I consider us to be the exact same so I guess that's kind of drinking alone. We've only done that when we were both going through hard times though.

#17 Jewbert

Jewbert
  • 3387 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 01:00 AM

Aw I'm sorry I hope it manages to get worked out :(

Thank you so much. I'm hoping with all of my heart that it works out. <3

I bought a 12 pack of PBR about 5 days ago {yes, I love PBR} and it's still sitting in the fridge. Normally I only drink when I'm with people. I might consider drinking alone if it was a fine wine or an especially expensive vintage, just because I am a classy lady. ;P

I found a 12 pack of High Life at a gas station for 6.99. I've only had three. I don't think I've had enough food in my stomach so I think I'm done for the night. :/

#18 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 July 2012 - 04:04 AM

I will smoke with anyone or no one. That is a feeling that I love to share with other people but if I am alone it is perfect as well.

I drink alone, and I go to restaurants alone. I don't think that I shouldn't enjoy the things that I love just because I'm alone. Though sometimes when I drink alone I will get on TC, so there is that.

#19 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 July 2012 - 04:05 AM

yeah I was on TC alone drinking then people came so I was no longer alone..... haha *has had too much right now*

#20 Trichomes

Trichomes
  • 🐱 💖 🍄

• 1781 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 July 2012 - 06:29 AM

I will smoke with anyone or no one. That is a feeling that I love to share with other people but if I am alone it is perfect as well.

This. I rarely pass up an opportunity to smoke/vape.

I do sometimes drink alone if I'm in the mood to do so, but I generally prefer the company of others when I drink. I don't care if I'm on Tinychat or in an actual social setting, as long as I have someone to chat with. Drinking alone can worsten my depression if I'm going through hard times, so I usually opt to get high instead if I'm feeling mopey.

#21 malcolm

malcolm
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 07:30 AM

Ive never really drank alone or with anyone other than my friends really, I'll have a drink with my parents or family sometimes but I still think even that is a bit awkward.

#22 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 July 2012 - 08:15 AM

I drink "alone", but when I get drunk, I always stream video games and see how that turns out.

Always turns bad a few hours in.

#23 Guest_idonotexist_*

Guest_idonotexist_*

Posted 13 July 2012 - 08:24 AM

Yes, quite often. Lol Although not as much recently as in the past. (Broke :p)

I don't get wasted but I definitely get to feeling really nice. Then again, I have a per-disposition to alcoholism, so I have to be careful. :p Grandfather died from it and mother was an alcoholic as a teenager.

#24 Mishelle

Mishelle
  • Bitch Of The Boards

• 2245 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 July 2012 - 08:58 AM

Lol any alcohol is a beverage.

#25 ShinyPonyta

ShinyPonyta
  • 27 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 09:02 AM

There's a huuuge difference between having a drink by yourself and getting completely hammered by yourself. XD

If having a glass of wine or two while I watch sappy TV movies is wrong, I don't want to be right!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users