28 replies to this topic

#1 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 March 2014 - 02:06 AM

Hey guys,

Touching base once again with you all to let you know how things are coming along with the changes that are taking a little longer than expected.

First of all, we apologise for the massive delays in getting this stuff done, but a majority of our time has been taken up with IRL stuff these past few weeks. @Pyro699 has been flat out busy with work related stuff as have I. I currently have a large project in the works that has been taking up all of my time lately. The mods have been doing a great job keeping an eye on the forum for us during this time and we appreciate all of the work that @Kate, @Emily, @Scot and @Keil are doing.

We're still working on the awards system and have Emily and Kate to thank for the more current awards made for the various contests being held. (On this note, if you would like to help us out with any awards/suggestions for them, please do send them on in to any staff member and we will keep a record of it in our spreadsheet).

On the subject of the Program Manager 2.0, this is still in the works but has unfortunately been pushed back further than we had anticipated (due to Pyro's current work situation). Again, if you would like to offer some help in the way of programming/helping in this venture, please do PM Pyro699 and I'm sure that he would be glad to discuss it with you. At this stage, the completion date won't be set for at least a couple more months (unless we can get the extra help needed to push it through).

@Waser Lave has been working on a new app addition to the site which focuses on the Neopets Stock Market and some interesting data. This is almost ready for release and we can expect it within the next couple of weeks :) This has been a long time in the making and will surely benefit those of you who take an interest in buying/selling your Neostocks daily.

The Private Rank is still being sorted out, we have the sub-section set up for it and the ranks permissions are almost done, we just need to finalise how we are going to (re)introduce it to the forum. The rank will have its own hidden section for members of Private only, as well as added perks that will be revealed once we have everything set in stone. We will be looking at an application system and guidelines so people have a concrete idea on how to achieve the rank. Once more, this is still a massive work in progress and we still need to look at appointing a Private Leader role (we have at least one candidate in mind and will be discussing this with them asap).

Life Hacks sub-forum. This will be added just as soon as I get a 'flavour' text thought up (this is the text that describes the sub-forums content). It will be a section for people to post guides on various life 'hacks' that make everyday life easier.

Spoiler

Programming section. Continue to improve this section and potentially add more Jr. Programmers to the ranks, who in turn, can help contribute to the updating of our programs/improve them/create new and innovative ones. This will not be limited to just Neopets either as we are looking to add new genres/games in the future. We want to end up diversifying the site in terms of what games we offer support for. If you have any suggestions for this and what we could look into putting in place, shoot us a PM and we can discuss it there :)

This summarises what we discussed the other day in our Staff meeting and we look forward to potentially working you all on improving the way Neocodex runs and what we have to offer!

#2 Nalah

Nalah
  • Can't hug every cat

• 555 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 March 2014 - 02:22 AM

So that's what those holes in the end of all the pots are for!

Also keen for all the updates, well done keeping everything moving even though IRL stuff (I know I haven't been able to be as active as I'd like to be lately because of work, so I'm really appreciative of you guys for everything you've managed to accomplish while busy  :) )

Edited by Nalah, 18 March 2014 - 02:23 AM.

#3 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 March 2014 - 02:45 AM

It's good to see the changes we discussed a while ago finally come into play =]

#4 Hummingway

Hummingway
  • 433 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 March 2014 - 02:50 AM

I really appreciate all the work the mods and staff have put into making this forum run so well. Its one of the most well run forums I've had the pleasure of being a part of. For that, I thank the staff immeasurably. You have my complete respect. :)

#5 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 March 2014 - 03:02 AM

I've come up with some flavour text for the Life-hacks forum!

A section for people to post guides on various life 'hacks' that make everyday life easier.

:p

#6 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 18 March 2014 - 03:16 AM

*Mind explodes*
How did you... what the...

#7 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 March 2014 - 03:34 AM

Well then, you sir, are a genius! :p (it's late and I'm tired ok? I'm surprised I managed to type all of that up coherently enough :p )

#8 Florg

Florg
  • 711 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 March 2014 - 04:43 AM

Woo! Updates ;D

#9 Dan

Dan
  • Resident Know-It-All

• 6382 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 March 2014 - 05:19 AM

Wonderful! All our problems are solved!

#10 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 March 2014 - 09:36 AM

Woo looking forward to the Life Hacks section :D

#11 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 March 2014 - 09:39 AM

Are retired members going to potentially be demoted to private?

I'm asking for a friend

#12 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 18 March 2014 - 10:01 AM

Are retired members going to potentially be demoted to private?

I'm asking for a friend

No one will be demoted unless they request it.

#13 Pyro699

Pyro699
  • 1543 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 March 2014 - 10:11 AM

Life Hacks forum has been added :) You can find it under General Chat or click on this link

#14 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 March 2014 - 10:48 AM

Wonderful! All our problems are solved!

And you wonder why we don't make public announcements more often?

#15 L33T

L33T
  • 862 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 March 2014 - 11:02 AM

I like the idea of a Life Hacks section, that sounds great. I'd spend hours there if it gets lots of activity :D

#16 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 March 2014 - 11:22 AM

I accept the role as Private Leader.

I'll make sure no one but me is allowed in.

#17 Dan

Dan
  • Resident Know-It-All

• 6382 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 March 2014 - 11:24 AM

And you wonder why we don't make public announcements more often?

Actions speak louder than words Mr. Lave, I'd rather no announcements and more work if that's what you're alluding to...

#18 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 March 2014 - 11:37 AM

Actions speak louder than words Mr. Lave, I'd rather no announcements and more work if that's what you're alluding to...

You should have said that last time you were telling us to inform users more about what we're doing... :p People tell us to make more announcements, we make an announcement, you complain that we make an announcement. :rolleyes:

#19 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 March 2014 - 12:01 PM

No one will be demoted unless they request it.

Can I be demoted to admin?

#20 Bone

Bone
  • no

• 3638 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 March 2014 - 12:07 PM

Can I be demoted to admin?

BOG FOR ADMIN 2016

Spoiler

#21 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 March 2014 - 12:25 PM

BOG FOR ADMIN 2016

Spoiler

It's okay I'm too busy to be an admin. Not that they do anything.

jk love you all.

#22 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 March 2014 - 12:31 PM

You should have said that last time you were telling us to inform users more about what we're doing... :p People tell us to make more announcements, we make an announcement, you complain that we make an announcement. :rolleyes:

I don't agree with Dan. An update post is a trivial matter, and shouldn't take much time away from ongoing projects. It's not really an either/or situation.

On the other hand, it'd be nicer to see progress updates having a little more of the "progress" in them ;) More specific information, for example.

On the other, other hand, I think everyone understands that real life responsibilities take priority, and that slow progress is better than no progress at all.

#23 Bone

Bone
  • no

• 3638 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 March 2014 - 01:15 PM

Posts in Life Hacks don't count towards your post count. Is this intentional?

#24 Pyro699

Pyro699
  • 1543 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 March 2014 - 01:29 PM

Posts in Life Hacks don't count towards your post count. Is this intentional?

Nope, sorry about that, i cloned chit-chat >>' Will fix now :)

#25 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 March 2014 - 01:33 PM

Well, thank you for the updates on everything. Even though the new manager won't be done for some time now, it's still nice to get an update on it. And the new rank and life-hacks sound very interesting. Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users