• This topic is locked This topic is locked
263 replies to this topic

#26 Romy

Romy
  • Neocodex Elite Four Member

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 April 2014 - 05:12 AM

Defining the requirements of a rank following a change is not the responsibility of the members of that rank.

When it's those same members doing the nominations, I believe it is.

#27 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 April 2014 - 05:13 AM

Ok.
You're wrong, but you can believe whatever you wish.

#28 Romy

Romy

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 April 2014 - 05:14 AM

Ok.
You're wrong, but you can believe whatever you wish.

Essentially a cop out. kk

#29 Ali

Ali
  • Wielder of the Spork

• 3204 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 April 2014 - 05:16 AM

I've been suggesting we lead some sort of coup against staff for years but everyone's all "calm down Ali, nobody wants any trouble". Dull. But no, we can hardly decide what makes someone eligible for a rank, ultimately that's up to staff and we can just apply that criteria.

#30 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 April 2014 - 05:21 AM

What nominations? lol

We're just as confused about how to get in as everyone else.

#31 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 April 2014 - 05:22 AM

Essentially a cop out. kk

Do Adv+ members decide on the criteria for Adv+ nominations?

#32 Romy

Romy

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 April 2014 - 05:27 AM

I've been suggesting we lead some sort of coup against staff for years but everyone's all "calm down Ali, nobody wants any trouble". Dull. But no, we can hardly decide what makes someone eligible for a rank, ultimately that's up to staff and we can just apply that criteria.

Advanced+ members made a thread attempting to come to a consensus as to the requirements of a nomination should be.

That thread lead to this one giving a general idea to non-Adv+ members how to go about getting a potential nomination.

Do Adv+ members decide on the criteria for Adv+ nominations?

They certainly gave a general idea.

#33 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 April 2014 - 05:28 AM

I don't even know the requirements for Retired and I'm a bloody Admin! :p Maybe it's time to work it out? I don't know :/ I just don't want Ali's Spork to bite me in the ass :p

#34 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 April 2014 - 05:32 AM

Wonderful.
Not official, though, is it?

#35 Ali

Ali
  • Wielder of the Spork

• 3204 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 April 2014 - 05:34 AM

Advanced+ members made a thread attempting to come to a consensus as to the requirements of a nomination should be.

That thread lead to this one giving a general idea to non-Adv+ members how to go about getting a potential nomination.

Which is partly why Private is back because it was suggested several times by us in the past few years. Retired has always been a more subjective rank based on character and notoriety rather than specific post counts or tangible contribution and it was too difficult to do that straight from Advanced. People who are properly retired still hold on to that idea of the rank rather than the merged rank that we were provided with zero direction on. We are hardly going to suggest that the rank we all spent years achieving be lowered in some respect.

I don't even know the requirements for Retired and I'm a bloody Admin! :p Maybe it's time to work it out? I don't know :/ I just don't want Ali's Spork to bite me in the ass :p

Well with the reinstitution of Private, I presume we will all go back to the old days of 'have they been here forever and do we want to talk to them' :p But without us seeing Private, nominations will likely still be less forthcoming I would think.

And the spork is more of a severe jab than a bite. That's my main contribution to this site I'd say.

#36 Bone

Bone
  • no

• 3638 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 April 2014 - 05:37 AM

I'm glad to see private finally making an appearance.

Who reviews applications? Staff, or private leadership? (Or both?)

#37 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 April 2014 - 05:38 AM

Well with the reinstitution of Private, I presume we will all go back to the old days of 'have they been here forever and do we want to talk to them' :p But without us seeing Private, nominations will likely still be less forthcoming I would think.

And the spork is more of a severe jab than a bite. That's my main contribution to this site I'd say.

Sounds like a plan to me. *creaks on a rickety rocking chair* Those dang kids again! *shakes fist*

Also, jab or bite... nty either way :p

I'm glad to see private finally making an appearance.

Who reviews applications? Staff, or private leadership? (Or both?)

Both :)

#38 Romy

Romy

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 April 2014 - 05:44 AM

Wonderful.
Not official, though, is it?

Better then anything Retired has done O_o

#39 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 April 2014 - 05:49 AM

Better then anything Retired has done O_o

You want a retired member to make a post detailing how people can get into retired? When retired members don't know the requirements to get into retired?

Ok.

#40 Romy

Romy

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 April 2014 - 05:51 AM

You want a retired member to make a post detailing how people can get into retired? When retired members don't know the requirements to get into retired?

Ok.

I don't think it's difficult to ATTEMPT to come to a consensus.

#41 Ali

Ali
  • Wielder of the Spork

• 3204 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 April 2014 - 05:56 AM

You want a retired member to make a post detailing how people can get into retired? When retired members don't know the requirements to get into retired?Ok.

Have we ever really known? I always thought 'twas part of the beauty of retired, there was nothing you could really do to get it, you just had to be chosen. It's always been a bit of an Old Boy's Club where the key factor has been if existing retired members like you. Pretty sure most of my no votes have been because I don't want them having another section where they can get up in my grill, and my yes votes have been because I enjoy interacting with them. I don't think at any point I've really had criteria aside from that in mind!

#42 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 April 2014 - 06:03 AM

Have we ever really known? I always thought 'twas part of the beauty of retired, there was nothing you could really do to get it, you just had to be chosen. It's always been a bit of an Old Boy's Club where the key factor has been if existing retired members like you. Pretty sure most of my no votes have been because I don't want them having another section where they can get up in my grill, and my yes votes have been because I enjoy interacting with them. I don't think at any point I've really had criteria aside from that in mind!

Sure, before the Private merge. After that, who knows?

I don't think it's difficult to ATTEMPT to come to a consensus.

And you haven't seen the posts that may have attempted to do so, because *dramatic gasp* you're not Retired.

#43 Romy

Romy

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 April 2014 - 06:07 AM

Sure, before the Private merge. After that, who knows?

And you haven't seen the posts that may have attempted to do so, because *dramatic gasp* you're not Retired.

Oh my! 

Did you see the second part of my post to Ali where I said that Advanced+ made a thread (that was available to ALL members) with suggestions as how they could get promoted...?

You guys couldn't even come up with suggestions? Three plus years and nothing? Okay.

#44 Ali

Ali
  • Wielder of the Spork

• 3204 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 April 2014 - 06:10 AM

Oh my!

Did you see the second part of my post to Ali where I said that Advanced+ made a thread (that was available to ALL members) with suggestions as how they could get promoted...?
You guys couldn't even come up with suggestions? Three plus years and nothing? Okay.

I think his point was you don't know there haven't been suggestions. :p Sure, there certainly hasn't been anything in public in the past few years but discussions in Retired...

Not having come to a consensus doesn't mean one hasn't been attempted. Not saying there has been, not saying there hasn't, because that would be leaking and I would get told off. :(

#45 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 April 2014 - 06:11 AM

Oh my! 

*facepalm*
Why would there be a public post, when there isn't a concensus even within Retired?

#46 Romy

Romy

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 April 2014 - 06:12 AM

I think his point was you don't know there haven't been suggestions. :p Sure, there certainly hasn't been anything in public in the past few years but discussions in Retired...

Sorry Ali. That's half of a full solution.

*facepalm*
Why would there be a public post, when there isn't a concensus even within Retired?

*facepalm*

In over 3 years you guys couldn't come to a consensus?

#47 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 April 2014 - 06:14 AM

Sorry Ali. That's half of a full solution.

*facepalm*
In over 3 years you guys couldn't come to a consensus?

As previously noted, that is not the job of Retired members anyway.

#48 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 April 2014 - 06:14 AM

To put it simply bulbasaur, you ain't getting in. It's simple, retires members have to like you, otherwise you'll stay in private/advanced. I was actually going to make a few nominations as I felt we had stagnated quite a bit.

Congrats on private or whatever blah blah, seems stupid to have retired as the top rank but not the top perks. It's not like we ran this site for a good part of a decade, financially secured and provided the best entertainment.

#49 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 April 2014 - 06:18 AM

To put it simply bulbasaur, you ain't getting in. It's simple, retires members have to like you, otherwise you'll stay in private/advanced. I was actually going to make a few nominations as I felt we had stagnated quite a bit.

Congrats on private or whatever blah blah, seems stupid to have retired as the top rank but not the top perks. It's not like we ran this site for a good part of a decade, financially secured and provided the best entertainment.

We didn't say you weren't getting any perks :p I left that open for discussion (either within Retired OR via PM to the staff). Like I said, it's still a testing phase and we will definitely be taking any and all feedback good or bad on board.

#50 Romy

Romy

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 April 2014 - 06:21 AM

As previously noted, that is not the job of Retired members anyway.

Another cop out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users