• Please log in to reply
107 replies to this topic

#1 KleinBucket

KleinBucket
  • 32 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 April 2014 - 04:14 PM

POPULAR POST!

I made a simple calculator which picks lottery numbers maximizing your chances of winning. Statistically, it should win about once every 30 days which is alot better than the real lottery. Neat huh?

Here's the calculator (it's currently hosted on my website). All you have to do is click the links to buy tickets (generated randomly each time you refresh) and enjoy your new trophy next month :)

Buy them yourself: http://kelvinliu.org...ts/lottery.html

Buy all automatically: http://kelvinliu.org...s/lottery2.html

If you're interested in the boring details, read on.

Spoiler

EDIT: put explanation in spoilers

Edited by KleinBucket, 07 December 2014 - 11:29 PM.

#2 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 April 2014 - 04:19 PM

Wow, good work! I've never played the neopian lottery, and I only do when one of those RE's hands me a random ticket. I'll definitely be using this. +rep

#3 KleinBucket

KleinBucket
  • 32 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 April 2014 - 04:59 PM

Thanks!

Also I saw someone suggest adding this as a Neocodex script. I know how to script but not the specifics about how to get around Neopet's red flags. Since they're trigger-happy, I'm leaving this to someone more experienced.

If anyone would like to take that up or show me how, that would be greatly appreciated!

#4 Bone

Bone
  • no

• 3638 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 April 2014 - 05:09 PM

Nice work! I don't program, but I can't imagine it would be too risky if someone came up with a script that automatically buys 20 tickets. It's the same idea as the clickable avatar grabbers that used to float around, and I don't think anyone ever got in trouble for using them.

#5 Haliax

Haliax
  • 366 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 April 2014 - 04:19 AM

I can't see the links on that webpage, am I missing something or did you edit it?

Edit: Something was blocking the script, it's working now.

Edited by Haliax, 25 April 2014 - 04:21 AM.

#6 Reddon

Reddon
  • 12 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 02:18 AM

Thank you!

#7 DasBear

DasBear
  • 133 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 April 2014 - 04:58 PM

This is awesome! >:D

#8 jordicans

jordicans
  • 11 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 12:16 PM

This is super cool, thank you!! Who has won the lottery here???  ;)

#9 Iridium77

Iridium77
  • 227 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 May 2014 - 05:49 PM

This is really cool! Bookmarked +rep

#10 Peaches

Peaches
  • 497 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 May 2014 - 07:17 PM

I've won the lottery, on my first week on Neo. Third place trophy too.

I was playing legitimately then.

+ rep on this  :)

#11 Cupcakes

Cupcakes
  • 93 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 03:36 AM

This is absolutely fabulous! I hate buying lottery tickets because it's such a pain in my hole.

+rep Thanks so much!

#12 Iridium77

Iridium77
  • 227 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 May 2014 - 10:29 AM

This is absolutely fabulous! I hate buying lottery tickets because it's such a pain in my hole.

+rep Thanks so much!

Not just a pain in your ass... a pain in your hole. 

#13 rlvb

rlvb
  • 70 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 May 2014 - 03:19 PM

NEAT! Thank you. I'm going to try it out at least for the trophy.

#14 Cupcakes

Cupcakes
  • 93 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 10:35 AM

Not just a pain in your ass... a pain in your hole. 

hahaha bit of an Irish expression I suppose :)

#15 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 May 2014 - 04:26 PM

@KlienBucket if I may make a suggestion. You should add a single button that opens all 20 tabs for you so that you don't have to click each one since you already gotta close all 20. 21 clicks is a lot less daunting than 40.

I do really love this web app that you've created and I'm definitely using it to my advantage. Thank you very much for the contribution.

#16 KleinBucket

KleinBucket
  • 32 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 May 2014 - 12:22 PM

@KlienBucket if I may make a suggestion. You should add a single button that opens all 20 tabs for you so that you don't have to click each one since you already gotta close all 20. 21 clicks is a lot less daunting than 40.

Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately, far as I'm aware that's only possible through Javascript and nearly everyone has adblockers for non-HTML windows these days. If anyone knows an alternative, do tell.

The best thing would be if someone could show me how to deal with cookies/login for a neopets program. Then this could be one-click.

EDIT For now here's what I do:

CTRL+CLICK all the links so they open in the background.

Then hold CTRL+W to close all of them :)

Edited by KleinBucket, 08 May 2014 - 12:24 PM.

#17 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 May 2014 - 12:38 PM

Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately, far as I'm aware that's only possible through Javascript and nearly everyone has adblockers for non-HTML windows these days. If anyone knows an alternative, do tell.

The best thing would be if someone could show me how to deal with cookies/login for a neopets program. Then this could be one-click.

EDIT For now here's what I do:
CTRL+CLICK all the links so they open in the background.
Then hold CTRL+W to close all of them :)

Pretty much how something like the Neocodex Neopets Avatar Grabber... http://neoavatargrab...ate the action.

#18 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 May 2014 - 12:52 PM

I haven't looked at the site, but do the generated links submit the ticket buying info, or do you also have to click on a submit button within the opened tabs?

#19 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 May 2014 - 12:55 PM

I haven't looked at the site, but do the generated links submit the ticket buying info, or do you also have to click on a submit button within the opened tabs?

The generated links submit the ticket buying info and when the page loads it already shows the ticket as bought.

#20 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 May 2014 - 12:57 PM

Then I would use JavaScript to open them in sequence in an iframe on the calculator itself.
0 clicks is best.

#21 Grandmaster

Grandmaster
  • 748 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 May 2014 - 03:37 PM

No wonder it is even difficult to get trophy for such random game. But I think the profit is not high enough to render playing this game except for getting the trophy.

#22 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 May 2014 - 08:12 AM

Wouldn't that be a bit risky, buy 20 tickets in a couple of seconds? :/

I don't know how much TNT monitorize this game, but I prefer not to take any unnecessary risk. With that being said, I have no problem at all spending a couple of minutes to open and close 20 tabs, buy I guess it depends a lot on what browser people use and their connection speed. =S

@KleinBucket thank you for this, I've being using for a couple of weeks now. If you manage to make the links open at once, don't forget to leave the option to open them like they are now, please. :S

Edited by athayde, 10 May 2014 - 08:13 AM.

#23 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 May 2014 - 08:20 AM

Wouldn't that be a bit risky, buy 20 tickets in a couple of seconds? :/

I don't know how much TNT monitorize this game, but I prefer not to take any unnecessary risk. With that being said, I have no problem at all spending a couple of minutes to open and close 20 tabs, buy I guess it depends a lot on what browser people use and their connection speed. =S

@KleinBucket thank you for this, I've being using for a couple of weeks now. If you manage to make the links open at once, don't forget to leave the option to open them like they are now, please. :S

There could be a delay in the process.

Considering we use avatar grabbers in mere seconds and never experience issues there though I doubt it's going to influence that at all.

TNT is too lazy to monitor everything and human could easily open 20+ tabs themselves.

#24 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 May 2014 - 08:39 AM

There could be a delay in the process.

Considering we use avatar grabbers in mere seconds and never experience issues there though I doubt it's going to influence that at all.

TNT is too lazy to monitor everything and human could easily open 20+ tabs themselves.

I'm all in favor of delays. 

But open 20 tabs is different from this. There's a process of choosing some numbers before hit the "Buy a Lottery Ticket!" button, even though you can do it without spending more than 5 seconds in each ticket.

#25 Magical

Magical
  • Banned from trading - Do not trade with this member!

• 801 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 May 2014 - 08:48 AM

This is great and simple to use! Cheers mate! :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: lottery, calculator, optimizer, tickets, trophy, guide, dailies, daily, buy, neopets

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users