• This topic is locked This topic is locked
41 replies to this topic

#26 Futurama

Futurama
  • The Teacher.

• 3772 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 June 2014 - 02:40 PM

I believe a sub forum for sports would clean up a little of the cluster on general chat. That way some people that don't like sports won't have to scroll through all the sports topics. I'll PM an admin and ask about this. Great idea Dan.

Edited by Futurama, 12 June 2014 - 02:40 PM.

#27 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 June 2014 - 02:42 PM

or how about all the sports talk from general be moved to general entertainment "where it belongs"

#28 Dan

Dan
  • Resident Know-It-All

• 6381 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 June 2014 - 02:43 PM

I believe a sub forum for sports would clean up a little of the cluster on general chat. That way some people that don't like sports won't have to scroll through all the sports topics. I'll PM an admin and ask about this. Great idea Dan.

As long as you're not me, I'm sure your suggestions will be taken seriously :p

#29 Futurama

Futurama
  • The Teacher.

• 3772 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 June 2014 - 02:44 PM

As long as you're not me, I'm sure your suggestions will be taken seriously :p

But I agree with you, therefore I'm already out of the equation.

#30 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 June 2014 - 02:45 PM

or how about all the sports talk from general be moved to general entertainment "where it belongs"

It's fine in chit-chat too, of course. You can post anything in chit-chat. If the thread creators want them moved to the appropriate subforum, they can PM a mod or report the topic :p

#31 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 June 2014 - 02:47 PM

So I would expect a fair few threads about neopets.

no

#32 Dan

Dan
  • Resident Know-It-All

• 6381 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 June 2014 - 02:54 PM

I still think we should at least have a discussion about having a specific forum for Sports underneath the General Entertainment section.

I just feel like it's a bit unfair to ignore the notion when so many members have expressed interest.  :unsure: We have a "life hacks" forum, after all.

#33 Ali

Ali
  • Wielder of the Spork

• 3204 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 June 2014 - 02:56 PM

We have a "life hacks" forum, after all.

Still don't really get that.

#34 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 June 2014 - 04:53 PM

Why can't we just use Tag Prefixes like they're meant to be and keep all sports related discussion to the Gen. Entertainment section like it was intended to be used? It would allow things to 'stand out' by having those prefixes like [SPORT] or [WORLD CUP] in the header of the topic. Save me having to knock up a subforum/section that would probably only really get used for the World Cup and then forgotten about (kind of like the Life Hacks section....)

#35 Futurama

Futurama
  • The Teacher.

• 3772 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 June 2014 - 05:03 PM

Why can't we just use Tag Prefixes like they're meant to be and keep all sports related discussion to the Gen. Entertainment section like it was intended to be used? It would allow things to 'stand out' by having those prefixes like [SPORT] or [WORLD CUP] in the header of the topic. Save me having to knock up a subforum/section that would probably only really get used for the World Cup and then forgotten about (kind of like the Life Hacks section....)

I'm pretty sure it wouldn't only get used for the World Cup. It would get used for NFL, MLB, NHL, NBA, and other sports, or at least I'd make sure it would be used for all of them. It would probably end up being more active than the life hacks subforum anyways.

#36 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 June 2014 - 05:07 PM

Fine, I guess we can trial it, if it gets lack of use though, I will remove it. ;) (This goes for Life Hacks too)

#37 Futurama

Futurama
  • The Teacher.

• 3772 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 June 2014 - 05:09 PM

Fine, I guess we can trial it, if it gets lack of use though, I will remove it. ;) (This goes for Life Hacks too)

Thank you, I will put this to good use :p

#38 talbs

talbs
  • 4084 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 June 2014 - 05:18 PM

I'd like to keep it. I will probably lurk and whatnot during World Cup, hell I may even learn a thing or two, but I will definitely participate as other seasons progress. For instance, NBA Finals Game 4 tonight.

#39 Futurama

Futurama
  • The Teacher.

• 3772 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 June 2014 - 05:18 PM

I'd like to keep it. I will probably lurk and whatnot during World Cup, hell I may even learn a thing or two, but I will definitely participate as other seasons progress. For instance, NBA Finals Game 4 tonight.

Spoiler alert, LeBron and Wade flop and cry when they don't fouls. Heat win by 4.

Edited by Futurama, 12 June 2014 - 05:36 PM.

#40 talbs

talbs
  • 4084 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 June 2014 - 05:48 PM

Spoiler alert, LeBron and Wade flop and cry when they don't fouls. Heat win by 4.

I don't mind that. I want to see the Heat 3-Peat.

#41 Prisca

Prisca
  • Clouded Liberty

• 2494 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 June 2014 - 05:57 PM

GO SPURS GO!!! :D 

#42 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards