Award Suggestions!

• Please log in to reply
164 replies to this topic

#51 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 August 2014 - 08:51 AM

Scot, Shadowlink, Dan, Kat, Nymh, Pyro, Bog, Russ, Padme, and tons more I'm sure. 
There are a lot of people who have met up. :p

Hydro and Noit too. I guess it's one where you'd have to rely on people being honest since there's no other way to know for sure. :p

What if I've met someone but they don't know it? :p

Pretty sure stalking shouldn't be rewarded. :p

#52 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 10 August 2014 - 09:10 AM

Hydro and Noit too. I guess it's one where you'd have to rely on people being honest since there's no other way to know for sure. :p

I think photo evidence should be a must. :p

#53 Ali

Ali
  • Wielder of the Spork

• 3204 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 August 2014 - 09:10 AM

It was entirely coincidental!

#54 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 August 2014 - 09:12 AM

It was entirely coincidental!

I'd bet that's never provided a successful defence in a stalking court case. :rolleyes:

#55 Ali

Ali
  • Wielder of the Spork

• 3204 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 August 2014 - 09:27 AM

I'd bet that's never provided a successful defence in a stalking court case. :rolleyes:

I'm not sure accidentally running into someone in a club has ever resulted in a court case. :p

#56 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 August 2014 - 09:28 AM

I'm not sure accidentally running into someone in a club has ever resulted in a court case. :p

I'm not sure it's ever resulted in an award either! :p

I guess it would depend on how sure you were that it was that person and if you're trustworthy enough to be telling the truth. :unsure:

#57 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 August 2014 - 01:15 PM

What if I've met someone but they don't know it? :p

Matt or Kim? Most likely Kim

I think photo evidence should be a must. :p

mkz0OnR.jpg

Mine, @Robert, @Silk and @Red Chaos evidence.

Suz and Joe were there as well, no evidence of that left though :p

#58 Fikri

Fikri
  • submissive

• 4433 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 August 2014 - 02:02 AM

is anyone on private working on these awards? lol

#59 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 August 2014 - 02:30 AM

is anyone on private working on these awards? lol

Check the private threads lol.

#60 talbs

talbs
  • 4084 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 August 2014 - 06:06 AM

Oddly enough I have met two people from here. One person I knew IRL before I ever knew they were on Codex, and one person from here I met wandering the streets drunk asking for a ride to Taco Bell. He got in the car and said "Thanks for the ride, I'm..." and I interrupted and said I know who you are. And I explained I knew him from here and it was all like...

Mindblown.png

#61 Prisca

Prisca
  • Clouded Liberty

• 2494 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 October 2014 - 03:54 PM

Award suggestion- Got 20?

Reason- to be friends with the 'Got 10' award.

Requirement- 20 awards.

#62 pancakeface

pancakeface
  • 769 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 January 2015 - 05:43 AM

Arguably an extension of gif of the week. But I thought it'd be cool if we have more interesting awards for just about any poster. I appreciate gifs too much so I'd suggest a "most relevant irrelavant gif" award 

Previously made a suggestion here=[http://www.neocodex..../#entry1843432]

Edited by argonate, 27 January 2015 - 05:47 AM.

#63 Bones

Bones
  • Bar Ram Ewe

• 2171 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 January 2015 - 04:02 AM

Have we said contest donations awards yet cant remember also being lazy and not checking back *slaps hand*

#64 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 28 January 2015 - 05:23 AM

Have we said contest donations awards yet cant remember also being lazy and not checking back *slaps hand*

No, we haven't but there's been lots of discussion about it. :) 

#65 Fikri

Fikri
  • submissive

• 4433 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 January 2015 - 06:29 AM

i was wondering about that too...

#66 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 28 January 2015 - 07:27 AM

i was wondering about that too...

See my above post.

Anything on this thread are suggestions, we will discuss the pros and cons of them all but just because it's suggested doesn't mean it's going to happen. :p

#67 Bones

Bones
  • Bar Ram Ewe

• 2171 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 January 2015 - 02:12 AM

I suggest that I win the lottery this weekend :p

*hopes it happens*

#68 Shane

Shane
  • Sad sack.

• 1982 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 January 2015 - 07:28 PM

Something like an award for Talk Like A Pirate Day, where every post has to be Pirate inspired.

#69 pancakeface

pancakeface
  • 769 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 July 2015 - 09:26 AM

I've seen awards related to summer, st patrick, valentines, etc. I think it'd be cool if there was an award related to eid. Something in line with the st patrick's well wishing or the valentine's love book. Possible suggestions: apologizing to somebody (could be a community member or not, or just a general apology); stating an intention to refrain from something; or stating an intention to do a kind deed.

#70 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 July 2015 - 03:46 PM

I've seen awards related to summer, st patrick, valentines, etc. I think it'd be cool if there was an award related to eid. Something in line with the st patrick's well wishing or the valentine's love book. Possible suggestions: apologizing to somebody (could be a community member or not, or just a general apology); stating an intention to refrain from something; or stating an intention to do a kind deed.

What is eid?

#71 Padme

Padme
  • Tofu Tatas

• 1687 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 July 2015 - 03:48 PM

What is eid?

It's an Islamic festival where you break the fast you've been holding. 

#72 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 July 2015 - 03:51 PM

It's an Islamic festival where you break the fast you've been holding.

Oh, after the Ramadan?

#73 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 July 2015 - 04:09 PM

Is there a commercialized/casual aspect of eid that the award can be based on? For all the holidays we have already, we used symbols and traditions that are extremely far removed from the origins of the holiday. Did the original Saint Patrick have to do anything with beer? I'm not shooting down the idea. I'm just worried that if we choose a symbol too close to a respectable holiday and do it wrong, we may get backlash from people who do observe the holiday. I'm just thinking that it's safer to go on a more playful interpretation than an accurate and serious one.

#74 Padme

Padme
  • Tofu Tatas

• 1687 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 July 2015 - 05:43 PM

Oh, after the Ramadan?

Yes! :)

Is there a commercialized/casual aspect of eid that the award can be based on? For all the holidays we have already, we used symbols and traditions that are extremely far removed from the origins of the holiday. Did the original Saint Patrick have to do anything with beer? I'm not shooting down the idea. I'm just worried that if we choose a symbol too close to a respectable holiday and do it wrong, we may get backlash from people who do observe the holiday. I'm just thinking that it's safer to go on a more playful interpretation than an accurate and serious one.

This seems like a tough one to me, 2 of my closest friends observe Islamic holidays to the letter and it seems to not be very commercialized at all. I would maybe avoid using the lunar symbol that I see commonly associated with it because it would be like making a water colour crucifix as an Easter award here imo. Mehndi is a popular thing around Eid, perhaps we could just have an design made into an award or even an arabic symbol :\ Something to look into for sure it's such an important time of the year for those who observe it :)

#75 pancakeface

pancakeface
  • 769 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 July 2015 - 06:10 PM

What is eid?

Sorry! I went to sleep shortly after.

I suspect it'd be even more frowned upon to work at a commercialized/casual aspect, but I understand what you're getting at.

I think a block of nice geometric pattern would be well-suited. Or maybe an Arabic lantern? Those are fairly standard symbols used.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users