EVERYTHING IS ABOUT ME

#3577 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 July 2016 - 11:36 PM

EVERYTHING IS ABOUT ME

Well, the first sentence kinda is, at least? x)

#3578 Padme

Padme
  • Tofu Tatas

• 1687 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 July 2016 - 11:43 PM

Well, the first sentence kinda is, at least? x)

I post solely for your reading enjoyment.

Darkest confession i've ever shared on here lmfao

#3579 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 July 2016 - 04:22 AM

Spoiler

#3580 Fikri

Fikri
  • submissive

• 4433 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 July 2016 - 10:58 PM

Spoiler

#3581 Shannon

Shannon
  • 💦🌺 water type ♓✨

• 1618 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 July 2016 - 01:43 AM

Spoiler

#3582 Junjie

Junjie
  • Hi there!

• 2267 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 July 2016 - 02:11 AM

Spoiler

Spoiler

#3583 razer

razer
  • 13 posts

Posted 16 July 2016 - 04:09 AM

girls are gonna be the death of me

This. And the worst part; I don't mind it.

#3584 Susie

Susie
  • 1382 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 July 2016 - 05:20 PM

Spoiler

#3585 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 July 2016 - 05:27 PM

girls are gonna be the death of me

@DonValentino

why isn't tagging working?!

@DonValentino

There's something VERY satisfying about taking control of my life/conquering my issues.

#3586 Shannon

Shannon
  • 💦🌺 water type ♓✨

• 1618 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 July 2016 - 07:19 PM

Spoiler

Spoiler

#3587 Junjie

Junjie
  • Hi there!

• 2267 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 July 2016 - 07:22 PM

Thank youu! You are a lovely lady @Shannon :)

#3588 pancakeface

pancakeface
  • 769 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 July 2016 - 11:13 PM

@HiMyNameIsJunjie @Shannon

“You’ll be fine. You’re 25. Feeling [unsure] and lost is part of your path. Don’t avoid it. See what those feelings are showing you and use it. Take a breath. You’ll be okay. Even if you don’t feel okay all the time.”

― Louis C.K.

@Fikri I thought I'd find friends at work, but idek

#3589 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 July 2016 - 08:50 AM

Spoiler

#3590 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 July 2016 - 02:46 PM

What am I even doing here lmao

#3591 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 July 2016 - 03:57 PM

Spoiler

#3592 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 July 2016 - 01:13 PM

I have a lot to think about, assuming everything goes correctly with my medical separation from the military. 

Here's just a few:

Transferring my 4+ years military experience into a civilian job application. (HAZMAT, Aircraft Mechanic, Supervisory, Database Management, Flightline/Aviation Safety]

Choosing where to live.

Choosing which school to attend full time, and whether or not I want to stick with Computer Systems & Network Technology [CSNT].

Choosing whether or not to refinance my car, so my payments aren't $440/month.

Will I need a part time job?

I'm not really stressing yet, but I don't know when I'll be getting separation orders; it could be as early as next month, or as late as February 2017. My time at work tonight is going to be spent printing out various packets of information, and attempting to write a resume for the first time in ~6 years.

#3593 cara

cara
  • 56/m/mexico

• 3364 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 July 2016 - 01:17 PM

I'm not really stressing yet, but I don't know when I'll be getting separation orders; it could be as early as next month, or as late as February 2017. My time at work tonight is going to be spent printing out various packets of information, and attempting to write a resume for the first time in ~6 years.

Working in offices and volunteering in about five hundred places has made me pretty savvy with building resumes. Let me know if I can be of any assistance. I can also send you mine, which I recently used, if you need a sample.   ^_^

#3594 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 July 2016 - 01:36 PM

Working in offices and volunteering in about five hundred places has made me pretty savvy with building resumes. Let me know if I can be of any assistance. I can also send you mine, which I recently used, if you need a sample.   ^_^

Thank you! I may require your services at some point in the near future. Shortly before all (honorably) discharged military members separate we have to go through the Transition Assistance Program [TAP(s)] where they take all of our military experience and help us write a resume. This is done in a large scale fashion, and the one instructor isn't able to give each persons situation the individualized attention we need. *phew* I'll keep you in mind, and even compensate you for the help ^^.

#3595 cara

cara
  • 56/m/mexico

• 3364 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 July 2016 - 05:19 PM

Thank you! I may require your services at some point in the near future. Shortly before all (honorably) discharged military members separate we have to go through the Transition Assistance Program [TAP(s)] where they take all of our military experience and help us write a resume. This is done in a large scale fashion, and the one instructor isn't able to give each persons situation the individualized attention we need. *phew* I'll keep you in mind, and even compensate you for the help ^^.

Don't be stupid, you're not going to compensate me for anything.

I'm not up to speed with the whole thing, but congratulations on your honourable (Canadian spelling lol) discharge!!!!!!!! I don't know what it's like in the States but ex-military are totally respected here and however you display that on your resume will look great to an employer. But yeah, let me know!! I can even do fancy shit like fade the font .. That's five years of what I've learned working on computers summed up. :p

#3596 Kaddict

Kaddict
  • 1767 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 July 2016 - 05:22 PM

@Adam, why don't you want to stay in the military while attending school? Won't they still pay you while you are attending? Kids in my class are making like $2k/month (or so, I can't remember what it is) plus free tuition. Those are the ones who enlisted during school but haven't served yet.

#3597 FelisNoctua

FelisNoctua
  • 657 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 July 2016 - 05:45 PM

@Adam, why don't you want to stay in the military while attending school? Won't they still pay you while you are attending? Kids in my class are making like $2k/month (or so, I can't remember what it is) plus free tuition. Those are the ones who enlisted during school but haven't served yet.

My husband is/was Army and is was stupid hard to take classes while active duty. Classes constantly conflicted with the duty schedule and the only people in his unit that could get time off in the duty day to attend them were women (I wish I was joking; one of their Sgts was a feminazi [says the feminist]). Once off active duty (and in Natl Guard) he could use the GI Bill for classes, collect a housing stipend, and it just all around worked better. Not saying this is Adam's situation, but it's an example.

#3598 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 July 2016 - 08:00 PM

I've taken a shit load of classes while on active duty. I'm also being medically separated at the end of the year.

#3599 Kaddict

Kaddict
  • 1767 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 July 2016 - 08:07 PM

My husband is/was Army and is was stupid hard to take classes while active duty. Classes constantly conflicted with the duty schedule and the only people in his unit that could get time off in the duty day to attend them were women (I wish I was joking; one of their Sgts was a feminazi [says the feminist]). Once off active duty (and in Natl Guard) he could use the GI Bill for classes, collect a housing stipend, and it just all around worked better. Not saying this is Adam's situation, but it's an example.

Hmmm. I guess I didn't know it worked that way. Maybe it is different for the med students, since the only thing they do is attend boot camp one summer, but still get paid.

I've taken a shit load of classes while on active duty. I'm also being medically separated at the end of the year.

Nice. Not the injury part. Were you injured? Or what happened there?

#3600 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 July 2016 - 08:10 PM

Sorry for the shitty responses I'm giving. I'm at work, on 1x internet which is the slowest thing possible. I'm being medical discharged for foot injuries I've sustained over the years while working on C130s. I had multiple 60lb brakes dropped on my foot because my wingman is an idiot. That situation has resulted in the permanent (often crippling) nerve damage I experience every day.

Yeah the medical student program is quite a bit different, but you got the basics.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users