reddit threads interests

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#51 stagsong

stagsong
  • 121 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 July 2015 - 11:47 PM

@Swarley - I agree with you - there was ridiculsouness there, yes. But there was also some really good blunt talk about obesity and other concerns that get handwaved away by too many people. Obesity is one of the leading causes of Medicare inflation in Australia, to the point where they're considering swapping us to an American-like system because they don't know how they're going to afford it.

Stupid stuff, yes, but also other, important stuff got discussed there, and I enjoyed that.

#52 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 July 2015 - 11:50 PM

@Swarley - I agree with you - there was ridiculsouness there, yes. But there was also some really good blunt talk about obesity and other concerns that get handwaved away by too many people. Obesity is one of the leading causes of Medicare inflation in Australia, to the point where they're considering swapping us to an American-like system because they don't know how they're going to afford it.

Stupid stuff, yes, but also other, important stuff got discussed there, and I enjoyed that.

The subreddit is about fat people hate. Even if the majority was about good stuff, the point of the subreddit is still bad.

#53 stagsong

stagsong
  • 121 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 July 2015 - 11:59 PM

The subreddit is about fat people hate. Even if the majority was about good stuff, the point of the subreddit is still bad.

Eh, I don't want to get into a debate with you. Wasn't my intent.

Oh, almost forgot - I love the Sims subreddit, too. Enjoy the community loads.

#54 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 July 2015 - 12:04 AM

Eh, I don't want to get into a debate with you. Wasn't my intent.

I know, not my intention either. Just stating that my position towards it could never change.

#55 stagsong

stagsong
  • 121 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 July 2015 - 12:18 AM

I know, not my intention either. Just stating that my position towards it could never change.

I understand and totally respect that. Thanks for being a civil disagreer, I wish more people were like that.

#56 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 July 2015 - 12:29 AM

I understand and totally respect that. Thanks for being a civil disagreer, I wish more people were like that.

I was? I think I sounded a bit of an asshole actually :S because you were very polite on your defense. I would usually expect "because fat people should die hurr durr" like I've seen before, but you gave an acceptable reason, even though that was rare in the subreddit :p sorry for being cranky, it's 5:30 am and I can't think straight.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users