Quantcast

Photo

how do you guys feel about...

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#26 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 30 January 2015 - 09:58 AM

I think a userbar would be too confusing since they are meant to represent current ranks and titles...

Perhaps an award instead.

(I'm also certain this was discussed in the past and we decided against it.)

Not to mention we have ex-staff that didn't contribute much to staff at all. :p

#27 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 January 2015 - 10:38 AM

Like the contributer bar?

Sure, but contributor is synonymous with iargue..

#28 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 30 January 2015 - 10:42 AM

Sure, but contributor is synonymous with iargue..

Plus we have a rank for our contributing members. It's called PRIVATE. :p

#29 Guppie

Guppie
  • 1285 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 January 2015 - 10:57 AM

I like the userbar idea, but I like the award idea more

#30 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 January 2015 - 11:56 AM

Yup, some of them were proper cocks too. A few of them I wouldn't have minded keeping around though. :/

#31 Grimley

Grimley
  • The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

• 3840 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 January 2015 - 03:43 PM

that's part of my reasoning too. i wanna see more people with multiple userbars.

I like the idea. :)

I think a userbar would be too confusing since they are meant to represent current ranks and titles...

Perhaps an award instead.

(I'm also certain this was discussed in the past and we decided against it.)

Hadn't seen this comment until now though...award would be a nice alternative as well. :)

#32 Dazz

Dazz
  • Musicyclopedia

• 3242 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 January 2015 - 04:13 PM

Yup, some of them were proper cocks too. A few of them I wouldn't have minded keeping around though. :/

Nah, all staff are cunts.

Spoiler

Neocodex 2015 - Best award/userbar colllecting simulator

#33 Fikri

Fikri
  • submissive

• 4433 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 January 2015 - 08:27 PM

such as? hehehe

Z3Ia3j6.gif

:p

As for the idea, I'm not opposed to it, but I will reserve my judgement for now and see what others think :)

Adam was a Moderator :)

oh i figured since the rank isnt listed in the neocodex rank for dummies guide it means it has been discontinued.

and yeah i know adam was a moderator. just messing with him lol.

#34 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 January 2015 - 02:56 PM

such as? hehehe

I would never want to hurt anybody's feelings, I'm a kind and empathetic badger. They know who they are though.

#35 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 January 2015 - 08:58 PM

Maybe the award could be something that symbolizes authority? Such as a police hat, since the staff has the ability to give out warnings and bans? Maybe something like the Superman symbol, but a codex version, since staff begins with "S" and they're sort of super members, with all their cool staff perks. 

#36 Fikri

Fikri
  • submissive

• 4433 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 January 2015 - 09:49 PM

How about a staff award?2u5aquu.png

joe already suggested an award for this but it was turned down. i don't agree with awards because it will be bumped after somebody get 10+ awards. besides it will lessen the value of their contribution since it'll probably sitting next to the post count award etc..

#37 Guppie

Guppie
  • 1285 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 January 2015 - 09:55 PM

What about a trophy? Trophies are a thing here, right? I think I saw one of the contests say that there were trophies...

#38 Shane

Shane
  • Sad sack.

• 1982 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 January 2015 - 10:08 PM

What about a trophy? Trophies are a thing here, right? I think I saw one of the contests say that there were trophies...

Awards.

#39 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 31 January 2015 - 10:12 PM

joe already suggested an award for this but it was turned down. i don't agree with awards because it will be bumped after somebody get 10+ awards. besides it will lessen the value of their contribution since it'll probably sitting next to the post count award etc..

Right, but they will still have it. Also, as we said before, not all staff have made equal contributions. @James for example. lol 
And finally, the point remains that userbars are meant for current ranks and titles alone. That's why we transitioned to an award for SOTW as well, rather than the SOTW Champ userbar (which was gorgeous, but did not fit the purpose of userbars).

#40 Grimley

Grimley
  • The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

• 3840 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 January 2015 - 10:17 PM

Right, but they will still have it. Also, as we said before, not all staff have made equal contributions. @James for example. lol 
And finally, the point remains that userbars are meant for current ranks and titles alone. That's why we transitioned to an award for SOTW as well, rather than the SOTW Champ userbar (which was gorgeous, but did not fit the purpose of userbars).

That makes a lot of sense.

#41 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 February 2015 - 02:33 AM

What was his name before James? I don't even know who that is o.o

#42 Fikri

Fikri
  • submissive

• 4433 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 February 2015 - 07:10 AM

james must've written one hell of an application for you guys to make him a staff member in the first place lol

#43 Dazz

Dazz
  • Musicyclopedia

• 3242 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 February 2015 - 07:45 AM

Ya srsly. I don't even know who that is, or remember a time when he was a mod. Must have been mod of a shitty sub-forum or sumit.

#44 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 February 2015 - 08:05 AM

What was his name before James? I don't even know who that is o.o

He was made mod at the same time as you and Keil.

(I had to look this up as I didn't remember him either. :rolleyes:)

#45 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 01 February 2015 - 09:55 AM

He was made mod at the same time as you and Keil.

(I had to look this up as I didn't remember him either. :rolleyes:)

Yep. lol 

And @Fikri he was just as active as Adam and Keil at the time and his application was fantastic. Then like 2 weeks later (after not even really doing any mod duties) he said he was too busy and then he disappeared off Codex for a while lol. 

#46 Grimley

Grimley

• 3840 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 February 2015 - 10:24 AM

Ya srsly. I don't even know who that is, or remember a time when he was a mod. Must have been mod of a shitty sub-forum or sumit.

Awww I remember James, he was such a sweetie!

#47 Emily

Emily
  • Wonder Woman

• 6508 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 February 2015 - 01:50 PM

I like the idea of an ex-staff award, not userbar. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users