Photo

Neopets Economy - why is it so bad?

• Please log in to reply
134 replies to this topic

#26 haoxiangni

haoxiangni
  • 131 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 04:31 AM

Honestly speaking, how much do non-duped SuAPs go for these days (in NP instead of "other" or "galaxy bucks")? I saw people asking for 55M or so, which I tend to believe is under its real value?

I've been on and off Neo these 2 years, only to return and realize duped items going around the market. I guess either the economy is really that bad or those SuAPs are clearly duped.

#27 Bone

Bone
  • no

• 3638 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 April 2015 - 05:46 AM

I guess either the economy is really that bad or those SuAPs are clearly duped.

Both. :p

#28 Branlaur

Branlaur
  • 907 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 April 2015 - 08:01 PM

Honestly speaking, how much do non-duped SuAPs go for these days (in NP instead of "other" or "galaxy bucks")? I saw people asking for 55M or so, which I tend to believe is under its real value?

I've been on and off Neo these 2 years, only to return and realize duped items going around the market. I guess either the economy is really that bad or those SuAPs are clearly duped.

Nowadays pretty sure legit SuAPs sell for 300 mil +. 55 mil is for sure duped.

#29 jinq

jinq
  • 1554 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 April 2015 - 09:11 PM

99% can't tell between duped and legit anyways

#30 Branlaur

Branlaur
  • 907 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 April 2015 - 10:34 PM

99% can't tell between duped and legit anyways

Well like if you're buying from some big name like mariokart then it'll probably be legit, if some shell has it most like it's duped. Or if they're selling it for 55 mil it'll probably be duped too

#31 haoxiangni

haoxiangni
  • 131 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 11:05 PM

Well one of the guys offering a SuAP on TP has reduced it to just 44M the last time I checked and his account seems "semi-legit" with a well trained pet/avatars/event trophies (but no game trophies?). However I guess nobody is going to offer on it because of the same concerns that I have  :rolleyes: .  I'm probably more surprised that nobody has reported about it as yet, given that the item is most probably duped. 

Anyway a slight lag seems to return yesterday. 

Edited by haoxiangni, 21 April 2015 - 11:07 PM.

#32 Branlaur

Branlaur
  • 907 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 April 2015 - 11:09 PM

Well one of the guys offering a SuAP on TP has reduced it to just 44M the last time I checked and his account seems "semi-legit" with a well trained pet/avatars/event trophies (but no game trophies?). However I guess nobody is going to offer on it because of the same concerns that I have  :rolleyes: .  I'm probably more surprised that nobody has reported about it as yet, given that the item is most probably duped. 

Anyway a slight lag seems to return yesterday. 

Yea, a lot of things seem "semi-legit" but the mass paranoia causes people to not want to offer. JS isn't really doing anything about these dupes besides saying that they're "legit" or "it seems fine" or "use your own judgement if its legit or not to discard it" not even giving direct answers if they are legit or not.

#33 haoxiangni

haoxiangni
  • 131 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 11:20 PM

I would really want those crazy weapons like SuAP and WoDF, but I'm obviously way too poor (in terms of NP) for the legit ones even after abing (guess I'm doing something wrong here not to get very rich). I do have the money for them but no way am I going to spend a few hundred bucks over a few pixels. 

#34 cellarbro

cellarbro
  • 145 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 April 2015 - 04:50 PM

wodf is totally worth a couple galaxy bucks.

I would never sell mine for NP but for some galaxy bucks, maybe

#35 bigdix

bigdix
  • 150 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 May 2015 - 09:29 AM

Less people playing games means less neopoints being pumped into the economy and less people buying stuff. This means more items collect dust in shops. Which leads to them being undercutted more often. Until finally everything is worth dirt.

On the bright side, the neopoints that you already have are increasing in value and you have more buying power.

#36 warmonger2

warmonger2
  • 55 posts

Posted 25 May 2015 - 05:38 PM

There's not enough players to actually have high prices.

Players are falling,  therefore items are not in demand as they have used to be = prices falling and no one buying.

#37 Futawii

Futawii
  • 41 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 05:24 PM

I guess some dailies ruined it.

The Anchor Managment,per example,in one of my first tries I got a Fifty Dubloon Coin.

Those were worth around 30k NP back in the days,but it's like 3x less  now.

#38 kapleer

kapleer
  • 26 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 05:28 PM

Well the forgotten shore didn't help matters... times of a draik mp being 14m were unfortunately gone a long time ago

#39 Futawii

Futawii
  • 41 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 05:30 PM

Well the forgotten shore didn't help matters... times of a draik mp being 14m were unfortunately gone a long time ago

I actually like that.

It gives new players a opportunity to get something they want easily.

#40 kapleer

kapleer
  • 26 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 06:10 PM

Yeah that's true, and I guess the odds of getting an egg or mp aren't too high (or at least in my experience)

#41 Futawii

Futawii
  • 41 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 06:11 PM

Yeah that's true, and I guess the odds of getting an egg or mp aren't too high (or at least in my experience)

Yeah,the best thing I got there was a Discovered Treasure Chest,but still,it's easy to get a Draik Egg there. :D

#42 kapleer

kapleer
  • 26 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 06:15 PM

I've opened so many of those chests hoping for any type of pirate mp but i always get those junk gummies.. never lucky haha

#43 ameowica

ameowica
  • 23 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 11:21 PM

Because of the insanely easy way to get items.

#44 sprite_e

sprite_e
  • 26 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 11:58 PM

Since the shops stock just as often as before, the net stock of valuable items will increase at the same rate, but because there are much fewer players now, there's not as much competition for most items. That's how I view it. That's also why I think deflation will continue.  Plus they keep devaluing items by introducing new mechanisms to get them easily. When I got back into neo and learned about deserted shore draik eggs? Wowzas...

#45 idkidkidkidkidk

idkidkidkidkidk
  • 66 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 May 2015 - 12:37 AM

Mhm, did JS up the rate of getting rare items from dailies or something? It's so sad, I can't even sell Draik MPs (not pirate) for half of what I used to anymore. And even just getting MPs from Anchor Management is easy. Deflation deflation deflation  :thumbdown:

#46 ckatg

ckatg
  • 33 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 09:54 AM

I'm just anxiously awaiting lab ray maps to go down in price.

#47 sprite_e

sprite_e
  • 26 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 04:48 PM

Mhm, did JS up the rate of getting rare items from dailies or something? It's so sad, I can't even sell Draik MPs (not pirate) for half of what I used to anymore. And even just getting MPs from Anchor Management is easy. Deflation deflation deflation  :thumbdown:

I guess since pirate draik MPs are so cheap now, if someone wanted a different coloured draik they can just use {pirate draik MP}+{paintbrush} since paintbrushes are also so cheap nowadays...

I'm just anxiously awaiting lab ray maps to go down in price.

Lab map is something which wont necessarily go down in price, since it is given only from random events and so the supply of them is proportional to the amount of pagehits on neopets. They will only get cheaper if most people have already got the lab ray. Plus I think some people are playing with the market for those: hoarding lots of one piece so that the price shoots up and people have to buy at that price to complete the lab ray. It has also increased in price about 200k since I rejoined a month ago...

#48 idkidkidkidkidk

idkidkidkidkidk
  • 66 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 May 2015 - 12:31 AM

I guess since pirate draik MPs are so cheap now, if someone wanted a different coloured draik they can just use {pirate draik MP}+{paintbrush} since paintbrushes are also so cheap nowadays...

Yupp exactly, much cheaper to do that instead of buying the actual Draik MP. Such a shame, those things were so easy to move not long ago and now people hold onto them for weeks just trying to get sell it for a decent price. So many ETS are now HTS, grrrr.

#49 SnowWhite

SnowWhite
  • 43 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 May 2015 - 01:38 PM

Lab maps are inflating like crazy right now. Full sets are up like 300k from a couple months ago, and that one really expensive piece is up 50k despite the fact there are a million of them on the TP

#50 Foxi

Foxi
  • 28 posts

Posted 28 May 2015 - 09:29 PM

All the lag and crazy glitches drove a lot of people off, I believe. Not only that but the customer service when something does happen. I mean, a lot of people resort to posting on their Facebook for assistance as of now, right?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users